this whole department and all ** ::00:23
and all they as (k) they know :: 00:27
wat gibst du mi(??) (German?) :: 00:30
beckham(??) :: 00:32
wadda ya doing :: 00:33
i'm still american ::00:34
yeah,number six ::0035
etc.

Anyone else hearing this? It would explain the werid accent change but it doesn't make much sense to me. It's also much different from the reversed whispering in Intensions...
Old 05-26-2006, 01:24 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
reverse it

this is what i make of it:

if you may you must :: 00:02
(an) asshole :: 00:04
(oh) i can argue :: 00:06
his voice is meaning it :: 00:08
i yell/am what i am:: 00:10
i know :: 00:11
yes siree.. master :: 00:13
let's be all quiet :: 00:18
i just yell :: 00:21
etc.

Anyone else hearing this? It would explain the werid accent change but it doesn't make much sense to me. It's also much different from the reversed whispering in Intensions...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
TiVa's Avatar TiVa
05-26-2006, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrestos

etc.

well, i sure can hear it too! and this seems more logical to explain the puzzle... 'lost keys" a key to solve the puzzle?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: reverse it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrestos

etc.

well, i sure can hear it too! and this seems more logical to explain the puzzle... 'lost keys" a key to solve the puzzle?
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
05-26-2006, 06:41 AM

Someone post a reversed MP3?
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 05-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

Someone post a reversed MP3?
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
TiVa's Avatar TiVa
05-26-2006, 09:49 AM

download audacity, load mp3, reverse it and listen
Old 05-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

download audacity, load mp3, reverse it and listen
chrestos
05-26-2006, 12:01 PM

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
=> Free and open-source software!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
=> Free and open-source software!
chrestos
05-26-2006, 12:19 PM

here is the reversed MP3...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8EAID627
Old 05-26-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

here is the reversed MP3...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8EAID627
lateralus15
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM

Since those are just reversed words in the MP3, I find it hard to believe that the band meant for the reversed dialogue to mean anything at all...it seems a little far-fetched that they would try to choose only words that sound a certain way reversed. But, thats me...
Old 05-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Since those are just reversed words in the MP3, I find it hard to believe that the band meant for the reversed dialogue to mean anything at all...it seems a little far-fetched that they would try to choose only words that sound a certain way reversed. But, thats me...
chrestos
05-26-2006, 12:57 PM

hmz... That's the strange thing about it, they are just reversed words. And you are right that it seems like it doesn't mean anything at all, that's one of the reasons i posted it, maybe someone else sees something i can't see. But because of the switch in the doctors voice (bniritsh accent to australian accent) and because i never heard anything like this in other songs i reversed, i thought this could be interesting...
An maybe it is far-fetched, but i thought i'd share it with all of you...
Old 05-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

hmz... That's the strange thing about it, they are just reversed words. And you are right that it seems like it doesn't mean anything at all, that's one of the reasons i posted it, maybe someone else sees something i can't see. But because of the switch in the doctors voice (bniritsh accent to australian accent) and because i never heard anything like this in other songs i reversed, i thought this could be interesting...
An maybe it is far-fetched, but i thought i'd share it with all of you...
Rissen
05-27-2006, 11:28 AM

Hey, i just slowed this down to 0.5 speed, there's a weird popping sound. I'm gonna try it out normally, see if I get the same...

Edit: Nope, there's nothing there played forwards!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:28 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Hey, i just slowed this down to 0.5 speed, there's a weird popping sound. I'm gonna try it out normally, see if I get the same...

Edit: Nope, there's nothing there played forwards!
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
05-27-2006, 01:11 PM

I've heard this before and I don't think it was intentional at all (I wouldn't even say that some of those words sound like what they're supposed to be), it's just people trying to find things that aren't there. If you want to hear Tool doing reverse trickery, just reverse the intro to Intension.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 05-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

I've heard this before and I don't think it was intentional at all (I wouldn't even say that some of those words sound like what they're supposed to be), it's just people trying to find things that aren't there. If you want to hear Tool doing reverse trickery, just reverse the intro to Intension.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Gnome_Chomsky's Avatar Gnome_Chomsky
05-27-2006, 02:38 PM

Brilliant, the reverse Intension. Work hard indeed.

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
Old 05-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #11
Formerly DJR
Suicide Booth ID: 11

Bincount™: 4398

Brilliant, the reverse Intension. Work hard indeed.

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
chrestos
05-28-2006, 03:04 PM

Quote:
The text i posted is indeed not very correct. The reversed sound is indeed probably not intentional at all because in Intensions the sound is much better and they would have done the same here if it was intentional but i can't help it, i just hear some sounds wich resembles to some words and i think it's funny =)
Old 05-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
The text i posted is indeed not very correct. The reversed sound is indeed probably not intentional at all because in Intensions the sound is much better and they would have done the same here if it was intentional but i can't help it, i just hear some sounds wich resembles to some words and i think it's funny =)
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
05-28-2006, 03:46 PM

i hear everything else, and it comes out pretty clear.
but i dont hear the german, and MI isnt a german word
i also dont hear beckham
Old 05-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

i hear everything else, and it comes out pretty clear.
but i dont hear the german, and MI isnt a german word
i also dont hear beckham
05-28-2006, 03:46 PM

MI is I'm backwards

kinda cool with the rest of it anyways. im sure it means nothing...but eeire
Old 05-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #14

MI is I'm backwards

kinda cool with the rest of it anyways. im sure it means nothing...but eeire
05-28-2006, 06:10 PM

i thought i heard yossarian though....lol
its easy to take what you want out of this kind of thing.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #15

i thought i heard yossarian though....lol
its easy to take what you want out of this kind of thing.
haloocyn
05-29-2006, 03:48 PM

ok... try this... separated the track into left & right channel, reversed the first, left the second.... now the guitar in the back is going on and on and imagine - fitts perfect... one channel after reversing fitts into other... f u c k...

here is what i made of it... it goes:

everything you must .... an assholle /and as whole ... (what?/on ) going on ... short goes this meaning...with help of (an elp???) ... i can open ... just help considerring/yossarian ;) the scoop ... must be all be quiet... that's the odd ... salvage garden... (sthg) single (now the chick is speaking cant tell what) .... (sthg) now you gotta be sexy... and this bridge to .... all the puzzle (about 40 sec) you must... (now the chick) solve... [now it freaked me - the chick says - 'w powietrzu za nami' - that is 'in the air behind us' and that is in fuckin POLISH! I can swear that the chick earlier is says in a different language as well)] ... see power you ... bridge i dont need... that's the asian/ancient of a... (sthg) ... POLISH AGAIN - 'bawie sie z kotkiem' - Im playing with kitty... :D [now this is the point where i started thinking bout that this is a multilanguage mix] - now sort of german - mich an ublich ... [polish ?russian? - sort of a 'ludzie'] 'people' .... purpose of a ... [polish again - 'rozni ludzie'] 'different people' ...

[01:02 - sound of tape scrolled back]

now its getting too hard now... ill try tommorow... my wife is after my ass ... eh women...

conclusion... maybe something is there in this reversed song... or maybe it is somehing that my mind made up BUT it was hell of a fun to do this and btw. the track IS ALMOST (the end/beginning) PERFECTLY COMBINED and sounds even more AMAZING when channels swapped...

and if those guys really put some reverse message into this track using different languages and covered this with NORMAL sounding dialogue then they are my heroes... well they are my fuckin heroes anyway

now some things that came to my mind - rosetta stone(d) [from the rosetta stone that was written in different languages] is the next track - how about that??

and one more thing - the hand the sculpture - of Szukalski is on the pictures - he was polish as i am and more -(website http://www.szukalski.com/bio.html "He produced hundreds of elaborate and profoundly expressive sculptures and dozens of thousands of drawings; he discovered what he believed was the prototypical LANGUAGE OF ANCIENT HUMANITY; he formulated an original anthropological science and substantiated it with forty-two large volumes of drawings and writings; he designed monuments and buildings -- and all this he did with a mastery of draughtsmanship and an originality of design that never fails to astonish whoever sees it... He also believed that heat causes gravity and that all modern languages derive from Polish..."

i dont believe modern languages derive from Polish BUT thinking that tool members put a polish language into a track is more possible now... maybe there is some clue about the other languages on the photos????

have to go to sleep... that was fun...

Last edited by haloocyn; 05-30-2006 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: ...late late night...
Old 05-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

ok... try this... separated the track into left & right channel, reversed the first, left the second.... now the guitar in the back is going on and on and imagine - fitts perfect... one channel after reversing fitts into other... f u c k...

here is what i made of it... it goes:

everything you must .... an assholle /and as whole ... (what?/on ) going on ... short goes this meaning...with help of (an elp???) ... i can open ... just help considerring/yossarian ;) the scoop ... must be all be quiet... that's the odd ... salvage garden... (sthg) single (now the chick is speaking cant tell what) .... (sthg) now you gotta be sexy... and this bridge to .... all the puzzle (about 40 sec) you must... (now the chick) solve... [now it freaked me - the chick says - 'w powietrzu za nami' - that is 'in the air behind us' and that is in fuckin POLISH! I can swear that the chick earlier is says in a different language as well)] ... see power you ... bridge i dont need... that's the asian/ancient of a... (sthg) ... POLISH AGAIN - 'bawie sie z kotkiem' - Im playing with kitty... :D [now this is the point where i started thinking bout that this is a multilanguage mix] - now sort of german - mich an ublich ... [polish ?russian? - sort of a 'ludzie'] 'people' .... purpose of a ... [polish again - 'rozni ludzie'] 'different people' ...

[01:02 - sound of tape scrolled back]

now its getting too hard now... ill try tommorow... my wife is after my ass ... eh women...

conclusion... maybe something is there in this reversed song... or maybe it is somehing that my mind made up BUT it was hell of a fun to do this and btw. the track IS ALMOST (the end/beginning) PERFECTLY COMBINED and sounds even more AMAZING when channels swapped...

and if those guys really put some reverse message into this track using different languages and covered this with NORMAL sounding dialogue then they are my heroes... well they are my fuckin heroes anyway

now some things that came to my mind - rosetta stone(d) [from the rosetta stone that was written in different languages] is the next track - how about that??

and one more thing - the hand the sculpture - of Szukalski is on the pictures - he was polish as i am and more -(website http://www.szukalski.com/bio.html "He produced hundreds of elaborate and profoundly expressive sculptures and dozens of thousands of drawings; he discovered what he believed was the prototypical LANGUAGE OF ANCIENT HUMANITY; he formulated an original anthropological science and substantiated it with forty-two large volumes of drawings and writings; he designed monuments and buildings -- and all this he did with a mastery of draughtsmanship and an originality of design that never fails to astonish whoever sees it... He also believed that heat causes gravity and that all modern languages derive from Polish..."

i dont believe modern languages derive from Polish BUT thinking that tool members put a polish language into a track is more possible now... maybe there is some clue about the other languages on the photos????

have to go to sleep... that was fun...

Last edited by haloocyn; 05-30-2006 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: ...late late night...
haloocyn
05-30-2006, 01:50 AM

im gonna stick to multilangual idea and ask you guys to listen to the reverse focusing in your native language ... french maybe? (maynard holding the wine on the photo)...
Old 05-30-2006, 01:50 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

im gonna stick to multilangual idea and ask you guys to listen to the reverse focusing in your native language ... french maybe? (maynard holding the wine on the photo)...
weesper's Avatar weesper
05-30-2006, 02:12 AM

Just listened to it, I'm sure it's nothing; false alarm.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

haloocyn
05-30-2006, 02:51 AM

well... playing the reversed left and unreversed right channel still goes right all the way...
Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 AM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

well... playing the reversed left and unreversed right channel still goes right all the way...
TiVa's Avatar TiVa
05-30-2006, 04:18 AM

lol multilanguage... lol... and again lol... that would be toooo insane, certainly when there is a conversation going on in english that is just a normal conversation... as the conversation made no sense i would believe it ( i beleive there are some words in there, but they can be jokes, but not a conversation in multi languages, that's just impossible... yeah, even for tool...
Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

lol multilanguage... lol... and again lol... that would be toooo insane, certainly when there is a conversation going on in english that is just a normal conversation... as the conversation made no sense i would believe it ( i beleive there are some words in there, but they can be jokes, but not a conversation in multi languages, that's just impossible... yeah, even for tool...
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
05-30-2006, 04:59 AM

If you say the word "werleh" and then reverse it, hello comes out.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:59 AM   #21
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

If you say the word "werleh" and then reverse it, hello comes out.
haloocyn
05-30-2006, 05:26 AM

well im not betting my head on it but just listen ...

this album got me thinking about the divisions and differences that are betwen people from diferent parts of the planet, cultural and religious and how we as a one species and individuals formed groups and got far away from each other... well that is the history of mankind as we all know.... next thing is the unity - the scilence of sleep, the functioning of human body, the things that we cannot divide 'on purpose' and make opposite... the energy that flows trough our bodeis, the fact of being born, death etc...

then considering this album touching some of the subjects i wondered - how those guys can bring people together? i mean does all this talking and stuff about unity and divisions refers only to a personal and individual schizms that we all have inside ourselves? or maybe it is time to get people together?

how?

maybe lets give em a puzzle... or a rumour of a... a puzzle that single person couldnt prodably solve...

and then the rosetta stone - the multi lingual message, the lost keys - that may not be the answer to the puzzle itself but 'keys' to it .. but somewhat lost... in languages..?

and what about the szukalski's inspiration to the band? im pretty sure that his sculpture isnt just a nice addiction to the photo... maybe a clue ??? ...

and finally szukalski's language belief and thought that he found an ancient language...? ill try to look for something more about him at home...

well tell me what u think of it ?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

this album got me thinking about the divisions and differences that are betwen people from diferent parts of the planet, cultural and religious and how we as a one species and individuals formed groups and got far away from each other... well that is the history of mankind as we all know.... next thing is the unity - the scilence of sleep, the functioning of human body, the things that we cannot divide 'on purpose' and make opposite... the energy that flows trough our bodeis, the fact of being born, death etc...

then considering this album touching some of the subjects i wondered - how those guys can bring people together? i mean does all this talking and stuff about unity and divisions refers only to a personal and individual schizms that we all have inside ourselves? or maybe it is time to get people together?

how?

maybe lets give em a puzzle... or a rumour of a... a puzzle that single person couldnt prodably solve...

and then the rosetta stone - the multi lingual message, the lost keys - that may not be the answer to the puzzle itself but 'keys' to it .. but somewhat lost... in languages..?

and what about the szukalski's inspiration to the band? im pretty sure that his sculpture isnt just a nice addiction to the photo... maybe a clue ??? ...

and finally szukalski's language belief and thought that he found an ancient language...? ill try to look for something more about him at home...

toocooltool's Avatar toocooltool
05-31-2006, 12:46 AM

Hope this is what you wanted...
Old 05-31-2006, 12:46 AM   #23
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

Hope this is what you wanted...
haloocyn
05-31-2006, 01:11 AM

emm... maybe i got a bit too far with the bringing people together... :)

but ...

there are a few strange things in this song like the doctors accent, kinda strange way of conversation that those two people have ... somewhat unnatural ... dunno... something just isnt right there...
Old 05-31-2006, 01:11 AM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

emm... maybe i got a bit too far with the bringing people together... :)

but ...

there are a few strange things in this song like the doctors accent, kinda strange way of conversation that those two people have ... somewhat unnatural ... dunno... something just isnt right there...
waffel
05-31-2006, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesper
SOUND THE ALARM
Old 05-31-2006, 02:51 AM   #25
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesper
SOUND THE ALARM
The Official Fiction's Avatar The Official Fiction
06-01-2006, 12:20 AM

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-09-2006, 09:04 PM

Old 06-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

06-21-2006, 10:18 PM

"Now what happened? Tell me everything." Reversed is :

"Thank you very much, asshole."
Old 06-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #28
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

"Now what happened? Tell me everything." Reversed is :

"Thank you very much, asshole."
06-24-2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloocyn

how?

Tower of Babble anyone?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloocyn

how?

Tower of Babble anyone?
haloocyn
09-07-2007, 12:43 AM

i just read this post again and lol! its sooo funny when you see yourself excited :)
Old 09-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

i just read this post again and lol! its sooo funny when you see yourself excited :)
SecondSun
12-28-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloocyn View Post
(sthg) now you gotta be sexy... and this bridge to .... all the puzzle (about 40 sec) you must... (now the chick) solve... [now it freaked me - the chick says - 'w powietrzu za nami' - that is 'in the air behind us' and that is in fuckin POLISH! I can swear that the chick earlier is says in a different language as well)] ... see power you ... bridge i dont need... that's the asian/ancient of a... (sthg) ... POLISH AGAIN - 'bawie sie z kotkiem' - Im playing with kitty... :D [now this is the point where i started thinking bout that this is a multilanguage mix] - now sort of german - mich an ublich ... [polish ?russian? - sort of a 'ludzie'] 'people' .... purpose of a ... [polish again - 'rozni ludzie'] 'different people' ...
From the latest Tool newsletter:

Quote:
Photoshop uber-geekdom of "The Bridge" (i.e. F.O.H. CREW)
By
Mary *O Kaczka
Tool Tour Manager

HAPPY TRAILS

Oh...my...Bob.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloocyn View Post
(sthg) now you gotta be sexy... and this bridge to .... all the puzzle (about 40 sec) you must... (now the chick) solve... [now it freaked me - the chick says - 'w powietrzu za nami' - that is 'in the air behind us' and that is in fuckin POLISH! I can swear that the chick earlier is says in a different language as well)] ... see power you ... bridge i dont need... that's the asian/ancient of a... (sthg) ... POLISH AGAIN - 'bawie sie z kotkiem' - Im playing with kitty... :D [now this is the point where i started thinking bout that this is a multilanguage mix] - now sort of german - mich an ublich ... [polish ?russian? - sort of a 'ludzie'] 'people' .... purpose of a ... [polish again - 'rozni ludzie'] 'different people' ...
From the latest Tool newsletter:

Quote:
Photoshop uber-geekdom of "The Bridge" (i.e. F.O.H. CREW)
By
Mary *O Kaczka
Tool Tour Manager

HAPPY TRAILS

Oh...my...Bob.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply