Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
thomas.freeman
05-19-2006, 02:52 AM

justin is 100% british ....could it be him?

why the devil not ...... if it isnt a sample and recorded for the album then he may have been an obvious choice

i thought this was common knowledge (his british heritage)
Old 05-19-2006, 02:52 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
justin (dr lawson) ????

justin is 100% british ....could it be him?

why the devil not ...... if it isnt a sample and recorded for the album then he may have been an obvious choice

i thought this was common knowledge (his british heritage)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-19-2006, 03:19 AM

Maybe, but the voice doesn't sound 100% British to me and I'm English.

Some parts of his speech sound more Australian.

I'm just wondering why they didn't credit whomever it is doing the voices, especially the nurse. They said that they weren't going to have anyone on the album but the bandmembers but they have the guy doing the chanting and the noises from Lustmord.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:19 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Re: justin (dr lawson) ????

Maybe, but the voice doesn't sound 100% British to me and I'm English.

Some parts of his speech sound more Australian.

I'm just wondering why they didn't credit whomever it is doing the voices, especially the nurse. They said that they weren't going to have anyone on the album but the bandmembers but they have the guy doing the chanting and the noises from Lustmord.
05-19-2006, 06:04 AM

All I know is that Justin makes that bass sing like no other bass before.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:04 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

All I know is that Justin makes that bass sing like no other bass before.
Rhah
05-19-2006, 06:56 AM

I'm pretty sure its an actor, trying to do an English (london) accent but ending up sounding australian.

Listen to the way he "talks up" at the end of each sentence. Most Brits dont do that, but its definitly an American trait. Aussies do it too, to an extent, but the way he (the Doctor) pronounces some of the words makes me think he's attempting to sound English.

I guess it could be Justin... Maybe all those years in the US have lingually corrupted him?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm pretty sure its an actor, trying to do an English (london) accent but ending up sounding australian.

Listen to the way he "talks up" at the end of each sentence. Most Brits dont do that, but its definitly an American trait. Aussies do it too, to an extent, but the way he (the Doctor) pronounces some of the words makes me think he's attempting to sound English.

I guess it could be Justin... Maybe all those years in the US have lingually corrupted him?
zol's Avatar zol
05-20-2006, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
They said that they weren't going to have anyone on the album but the bandmembers but they have the guy doing the chanting and the noises from Lustmord.
Yeah why the hell did they need Lustmord to produce those thunder sounds? I'm sure any one of the band members or the producer could've sorted that out. I could have done it if they'd just asked! I just think it's shit to credit him on the album when it's unnecessary and his remixes on the DVD's are absolute crap in my opinion.

Give me an hour or two with Acid Pro and I could throw together some better remixes of Schism and Parabol/a. Once again, just my opinion...
Old 05-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #5
zol
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
They said that they weren't going to have anyone on the album but the bandmembers but they have the guy doing the chanting and the noises from Lustmord.
Yeah why the hell did they need Lustmord to produce those thunder sounds? I'm sure any one of the band members or the producer could've sorted that out. I could have done it if they'd just asked! I just think it's shit to credit him on the album when it's unnecessary and his remixes on the DVD's are absolute crap in my opinion.

Give me an hour or two with Acid Pro and I could throw together some better remixes of Schism and Parabol/a. Once again, just my opinion...
05-20-2006, 12:46 AM

Sounds like Russel Crowe.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 264

Sounds like Russel Crowe.
zol's Avatar zol
05-20-2006, 04:14 AM

There'd be more drinking and punching sounds if it was Russel Crowe...
Old 05-20-2006, 04:14 AM   #7
zol

There'd be more drinking and punching sounds if it was Russel Crowe...
05-20-2006, 04:39 AM

Well, firstly, and most importantly, regardless of the accent, that just doesn't sound like Justin.

I don't know what accent it is though. As an Englishman, it's much more Australian than British. There are a few words that do sound sort of London area, but I hear 90% of it as Australian.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:39 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Well, firstly, and most importantly, regardless of the accent, that just doesn't sound like Justin.

I don't know what accent it is though. As an Englishman, it's much more Australian than British. There are a few words that do sound sort of London area, but I hear 90% of it as Australian.
zol's Avatar zol
05-20-2006, 04:46 AM

As an Australian I say it's 90% British with an Aussie edge to it.

But I do agree even though I've never had a conversation with Justin I simply cannot picture it being him (logical as it may seem).
Old 05-20-2006, 04:46 AM   #9
zol

As an Australian I say it's 90% British with an Aussie edge to it.

But I do agree even though I've never had a conversation with Justin I simply cannot picture it being him (logical as it may seem).
05-20-2006, 04:48 AM

Yeah Zol, I was thinking to myself 'I hear Australian because I'm British, in a funny way I bet American listeners probably have an unbiased ear', and you take the other end of the spectrum and hear British being Australian!

Justin appears in the audio interview that was/is Toolband, several years ago, after Lateralus. He doesn't sound like that.

(I hope you weren't trying to be sarcastic with me and imply that I'd never heard Justin)
Old 05-20-2006, 04:48 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Yeah Zol, I was thinking to myself 'I hear Australian because I'm British, in a funny way I bet American listeners probably have an unbiased ear', and you take the other end of the spectrum and hear British being Australian!

Justin appears in the audio interview that was/is Toolband, several years ago, after Lateralus. He doesn't sound like that.

(I hope you weren't trying to be sarcastic with me and imply that I'd never heard Justin)
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-20-2006, 04:53 AM

I was gonna say something similar about americans thinking that Brits are aussies (I am a brit). But as we all know aussies and brits are related. But the aussies are all descended from criminals. ha
Old 05-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #11

Bincount™: 11

I was gonna say something similar about americans thinking that Brits are aussies (I am a brit). But as we all know aussies and brits are related. But the aussies are all descended from criminals. ha
05-20-2006, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny
Not at all. Sarcasm has been called the lowest form of humour. I'll check that interview out.

And then I'll give Justin a buzz at home for confirmation (slight amount of sarcasm :)
Old 05-20-2006, 04:59 AM   #12
zol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny
Not at all. Sarcasm has been called the lowest form of humour. I'll check that interview out.

And then I'll give Justin a buzz at home for confirmation (slight amount of sarcasm :)
05-20-2006, 05:42 AM

Um, didn't Blair mentioned an intro that involved Maynard and Justin which wasn't the one that didn't make it? .You just hear Maynard breathing, of course. I'm pretty sure it is Justin though.

Last edited by dissonance19; 05-20-2006 at 05:46 AM..
Old 05-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #13

Bincount™: 17

Um, didn't Blair mentioned an intro that involved Maynard and Justin which wasn't the one that didn't make it? .You just hear Maynard breathing, of course. I'm pretty sure it is Justin though.

Last edited by dissonance19; 05-20-2006 at 05:46 AM..
cant_be_faded's Avatar cant_be_faded
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM

The doctor is obviously australian.
"Why does God not blot out the sun?"

www.fozlur.com
Old 05-20-2006, 10:42 AM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

The doctor is obviously australian.
"Why does God not blot out the sun?"

www.fozlur.com
Ashaman
04-18-2007, 05:59 PM

I believe it is the Australian Doctor from the TV series "House"

Jesse Spencer
who plays Dr. Robert Chase
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

I believe it is the Australian Doctor from the TV series "House"

Jesse Spencer
who plays Dr. Robert Chase
Thoracic Tergon
04-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Blair said that the people in Lost Keys are well known to the readers of Toolband. Maybe Sash and Kat? They are Australian... Just a thought.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Blair said that the people in Lost Keys are well known to the readers of Toolband. Maybe Sash and Kat? They are Australian... Just a thought.
adipokerface's Avatar adipokerface
04-22-2007, 09:00 AM

as a canadian i think its an american accent..
nah im kiddin :P im english n sounds australian. but if aussies think it sounds english then where the fuck does that doctor come from??? at least we can say for sure that the nurse is american..
Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 213

as a canadian i think its an american accent..
nah im kiddin :P im english n sounds australian. but if aussies think it sounds english then where the fuck does that doctor come from??? at least we can say for sure that the nurse is american..
06-26-2007, 03:29 PM

The doctor is their manager... i think... he has something to do with the management of the band at least.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

The doctor is their manager... i think... he has something to do with the management of the band at least.
diabz's Avatar diabz
11-24-2007, 05:06 PM

Blair confirmed the doctor to be English, not Australian.

If you listen to the sound byte welcome messages on the Toolarmy site, you'll notice JC's voice and the voice of DW are very similar...
01/06/06: I DO NOT BELIEVE. I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS NO "GOD". THERE IS NO "GOD". can you not see the definition between the two? honestly. i don't have a belief because for me to have a belief i would therefore consider the idea. but i don't even consider it. i never said i had proof there was no "god" for fuck's sake. just get a grip on the subject.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Blair confirmed the doctor to be English, not Australian.

If you listen to the sound byte welcome messages on the Toolarmy site, you'll notice JC's voice and the voice of DW are very similar...
01/06/06: I DO NOT BELIEVE. I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS NO "GOD". THERE IS NO "GOD". can you not see the definition between the two? honestly. i don't have a belief because for me to have a belief i would therefore consider the idea. but i don't even consider it. i never said i had proof there was no "god" for fuck's sake. just get a grip on the subject.
orangeisgoood
11-24-2007, 05:23 PM

this has all ready been talked about. they (or rather we) decided it was Australian and i agree.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #20
Banned.

Bincount™: 958

this has all ready been talked about. they (or rather we) decided it was Australian and i agree.
diabz's Avatar diabz
12-04-2007, 02:28 AM

I'm Australian, and that accent is too cockney to be Australian. No matter how broad, general or cultivated, or even occa you got, no Australian would sound like that.

I just recently watched a doco about how the Aussie accent came to be and pretty much everything they said about the origins and development of the three types of Aussie accent (mentioned above) would invalidate your conclusion.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:28 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm Australian, and that accent is too cockney to be Australian. No matter how broad, general or cultivated, or even occa you got, no Australian would sound like that.

I just recently watched a doco about how the Aussie accent came to be and pretty much everything they said about the origins and development of the three types of Aussie accent (mentioned above) would invalidate your conclusion.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply