Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Kody27
03-21-2009, 12:51 AM

Ufology (pronounced /juːˈfɑləʤɪ/) is a neologism coined to describe the collective efforts of those who study unidentified flying object reports and associated evidence.

I never said they were alien spacecraft, ever. How did you even infer that I said that? Stay with me here Rivek.

You're right, Egyptology isn't really relevant because all religions and occult philosophy were born there. The entire mythological aspect of Christianity stems directly from Egyptian and Sumerian beliefs, but that's just not relevant anymore.

And to say that none of those subjects are "useful" shows me what kind of person (or lack thereof) you are.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #161
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: Newsletter Secret.

Ufology (pronounced /juːˈfɑləʤɪ/) is a neologism coined to describe the collective efforts of those who study unidentified flying object reports and associated evidence.

I never said they were alien spacecraft, ever. How did you even infer that I said that? Stay with me here Rivek.

You're right, Egyptology isn't really relevant because all religions and occult philosophy were born there. The entire mythological aspect of Christianity stems directly from Egyptian and Sumerian beliefs, but that's just not relevant anymore.

And to say that none of those subjects are "useful" shows me what kind of person (or lack thereof) you are.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-21-2009, 01:20 AM

I dislike secrets.

>:(
Old 03-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #162
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

I dislike secrets.

>:(
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
03-21-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Wow. Not one single useful subject. Imagine that.
Read this very slowly Riv.

Without the knowledge of ignorance, your "knowledge" IS ignorance.

Just for a point of refrence.

knowl-edge   [nol-ij]
–noun 1. acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition: knowledge of many things.

ig-no-rance   [ig-ner-uhns]
–noun the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Last edited by ufopancakes; 03-21-2009 at 05:12 AM..
Old 03-21-2009, 05:08 AM   #163
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Wow. Not one single useful subject. Imagine that.
Read this very slowly Riv.

Without the knowledge of ignorance, your "knowledge" IS ignorance.

Just for a point of refrence.

knowl-edge   [nol-ij]
–noun 1. acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition: knowledge of many things.

ig-no-rance   [ig-ner-uhns]
–noun the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Last edited by ufopancakes; 03-21-2009 at 05:12 AM..
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
03-21-2009, 07:02 AM

yes ^
Old 03-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #164
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

yes ^
03-21-2009, 07:59 AM

No guys leave him alone, if Rivek wants to deny thousands of years of philosophy and research into the psyche then let him, he's a super genius already, he doesn't need information to be right.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #165
On Probation

No guys leave him alone, if Rivek wants to deny thousands of years of philosophy and research into the psyche then let him, he's a super genius already, he doesn't need information to be right.
Kody27
03-21-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
lol

protip: i've already looked into most of the topics in this thread years ago, and studied them adequately, learn to recognize a troll.
And that's exactly how Rivek knows where Christian mythology stemmed from.
Isis, Osiris, Horus.
Mother Mary, God, Jesus.

That's about as basic as I can break it down for you, there are so many consistencies between Egyptian beliefs and Christian mythology it's unreal.

protip: riveks definition of "looked into" and "studied adequately" means he scantily read the wikipedia.

These topics are useful for personal gain and deeper introspective understanding of the hidden aspects of life. How much more useful can they be unless you're a useless person to begin with? Oh wait...
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #166
On Probation

Quote:
lol

protip: i've already looked into most of the topics in this thread years ago, and studied them adequately, learn to recognize a troll.
And that's exactly how Rivek knows where Christian mythology stemmed from.
Isis, Osiris, Horus.
Mother Mary, God, Jesus.

That's about as basic as I can break it down for you, there are so many consistencies between Egyptian beliefs and Christian mythology it's unreal.

protip: riveks definition of "looked into" and "studied adequately" means he scantily read the wikipedia.

These topics are useful for personal gain and deeper introspective understanding of the hidden aspects of life. How much more useful can they be unless you're a useless person to begin with? Oh wait...
Apachana's Avatar Apachana
03-21-2009, 11:40 AM

The playful wolf-cub ignorant of it's own demise.
Innocence dances in its ways of eating.
The goat must learn to use its horns.
The path that leads to the mountain-top is not filled with wolves.
"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? - like some hand of god hovering above... At least it is true, that man has no control even over his own will."

Last edited by Apachana; 03-21-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Old 03-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #167
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1759

The playful wolf-cub ignorant of it's own demise.
Innocence dances in its ways of eating.
The goat must learn to use its horns.
The path that leads to the mountain-top is not filled with wolves.
"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? - like some hand of god hovering above... At least it is true, that man has no control even over his own will."

Last edited by Apachana; 03-21-2009 at 02:50 PM..
03-21-2009, 01:57 PM

I was about to start watching The Wire's second season, but this thread turned out to be so entertaining I had to reschedule and postpone my activity by 4 minutes.

Keep up the effort.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #168

Bincount™: 391

I was about to start watching The Wire's second season, but this thread turned out to be so entertaining I had to reschedule and postpone my activity by 4 minutes.

Keep up the effort.
03-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
lol

I'm merely pointing out the incompetence for a human to dismiss anything as impossible. If you were knowledgeable, you'd acknowledge that.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #169
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
lol

I'm merely pointing out the incompetence for a human to dismiss anything as impossible. If you were knowledgeable, you'd acknowledge that.
03-21-2009, 05:50 PM

I think there is a fine-line concerning TooL. I think at times they ask you to dig-deeper and search for whatever you can, the point being (IMHO) is that they have always wanted people to think about new things and basically for themselves; and this might just be their way of getting that done.

On the other hand some people (no one specific, honestly) can tend to go a tad too far at times. I.E. 10,000 days being a decoy up until about a year after it was released.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 03-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #170
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

I think there is a fine-line concerning TooL. I think at times they ask you to dig-deeper and search for whatever you can, the point being (IMHO) is that they have always wanted people to think about new things and basically for themselves; and this might just be their way of getting that done.

On the other hand some people (no one specific, honestly) can tend to go a tad too far at times. I.E. 10,000 days being a decoy up until about a year after it was released.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
03-22-2009, 07:01 AM

keep the feet away from the cheesecake
Old 03-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #171
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

keep the feet away from the cheesecake
03-22-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Archetypes, duh. Tribes that didn't even have language worshipped the earth as a mother, the sun as a father, and the moon as the son.

Christianity didn't come from Egyptian belief. They both came from shared archetypes before.

And you merely continue to dodge the question of how anything in these newsletters is useful in everyday life, rather than give an actual answer. The emperor has no clothes, imo.
That's a pretty intelligent assumption, but an assumption nonetheless.

Osiris and Isis have nothing to do with the Sun or the Moon, jackass.

When the three wise men in the bible used the brightest star in the sky, Sirius, they were actually following Isis.

And it's invisible companion, Sirius B, which is completely invisible to the naked eye was somehow known and worshiped as the lord of the underworld, Osiris.

You see, Horus was born to a virgin, Isis-the whole sacrificial legend and resurrection of Jesus Christ is directly descended from the story or Horus and Isis. Which, let me remind you again, has nothing to do with the archetypes of the sun and the moon.

And the answer to your question lies within, because to me, knowledge of any kind is useful in everyday life. Like the knowledge of Egyptian history that i learned by reading a little into the occult that helps me prove you wrong on a daily basis, that's pretty damn useful don't ya think.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #172
On Probation

Quote:
Archetypes, duh. Tribes that didn't even have language worshipped the earth as a mother, the sun as a father, and the moon as the son.

Christianity didn't come from Egyptian belief. They both came from shared archetypes before.

And you merely continue to dodge the question of how anything in these newsletters is useful in everyday life, rather than give an actual answer. The emperor has no clothes, imo.
That's a pretty intelligent assumption, but an assumption nonetheless.

Osiris and Isis have nothing to do with the Sun or the Moon, jackass.

When the three wise men in the bible used the brightest star in the sky, Sirius, they were actually following Isis.

And it's invisible companion, Sirius B, which is completely invisible to the naked eye was somehow known and worshiped as the lord of the underworld, Osiris.

You see, Horus was born to a virgin, Isis-the whole sacrificial legend and resurrection of Jesus Christ is directly descended from the story or Horus and Isis. Which, let me remind you again, has nothing to do with the archetypes of the sun and the moon.

And the answer to your question lies within, because to me, knowledge of any kind is useful in everyday life. Like the knowledge of Egyptian history that i learned by reading a little into the occult that helps me prove you wrong on a daily basis, that's pretty damn useful don't ya think.
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Go turn some cheesecake into uranium for me, using nothing but your toes.

Go teach a cat spanish by talking to it in a chatroom.

Go meditate in a field until you somehow enter the "astral plane" and stay there forever.

All three of these things are on the same level. It's true that given an infinite space, infinite time, and infinite material, all eventualities will work themselves out, but our lives, unlike the universe, are finite. Therefore some things are so improbable that calling them impossible is simply a matter of being practical, and nitpicking the difference is nothing more than splitting hairs. Or in your case, trying to find even the smallest chink in a suit of armor as near to flawless against your attempts as makes no odds.

If you were knowledgeable, you'd acknowledge this.
A very drawn out way to dodge a big bullet. You jump on your soapbox belittling many things as bullshit and impossible. I'm pointing out that with our limited five senses and pinhole sized wills to recieve... there are many things that we simply cannot know at this time, and those who claim they do know are the most lost, and the least knowledgeable.

The more you learn, the less you know, and the ones who acknowledge this, never speak as if they know. This is more than just a point of view... It a necessity that isn't very popular... we need to collectively admit when we are wrong, and take into account that we may always be wrong, or we will never be right. Think of where science could be this very day if was not under the scrupulous and condemning thumb of religion!

There is a huge difference between improbable and impossible... which you failed to acknowledge. Firstly... You stated quite boldly (as if you knew) that UFOs are not aliens. This statement is quite different than "UFOs are probably not aliens" or "most likely not aliens". Or even "Time Travel is Impossible". The fact remains that you do not know any more than I do.

My main point is that you, and I, as humans, are incapable of KNOWING at this time. You, knowing everything, should know that... and should keep that in mind before you make these logical travesties.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #173
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Go turn some cheesecake into uranium for me, using nothing but your toes.

Go teach a cat spanish by talking to it in a chatroom.

Go meditate in a field until you somehow enter the "astral plane" and stay there forever.

All three of these things are on the same level. It's true that given an infinite space, infinite time, and infinite material, all eventualities will work themselves out, but our lives, unlike the universe, are finite. Therefore some things are so improbable that calling them impossible is simply a matter of being practical, and nitpicking the difference is nothing more than splitting hairs. Or in your case, trying to find even the smallest chink in a suit of armor as near to flawless against your attempts as makes no odds.

If you were knowledgeable, you'd acknowledge this.
A very drawn out way to dodge a big bullet. You jump on your soapbox belittling many things as bullshit and impossible. I'm pointing out that with our limited five senses and pinhole sized wills to recieve... there are many things that we simply cannot know at this time, and those who claim they do know are the most lost, and the least knowledgeable.

The more you learn, the less you know, and the ones who acknowledge this, never speak as if they know. This is more than just a point of view... It a necessity that isn't very popular... we need to collectively admit when we are wrong, and take into account that we may always be wrong, or we will never be right. Think of where science could be this very day if was not under the scrupulous and condemning thumb of religion!

There is a huge difference between improbable and impossible... which you failed to acknowledge. Firstly... You stated quite boldly (as if you knew) that UFOs are not aliens. This statement is quite different than "UFOs are probably not aliens" or "most likely not aliens". Or even "Time Travel is Impossible". The fact remains that you do not know any more than I do.

My main point is that you, and I, as humans, are incapable of KNOWING at this time. You, knowing everything, should know that... and should keep that in mind before you make these logical travesties.
03-22-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
What the gods ended up representing has nothing to do with the fact that there is in nearly every one of these arcane belief systems a trinity that holds higher reverence in the minds of mainstream believers. Sun, moon, and earth aren't even the archetypes at hand; the archetypes were father, mother, and child (but of course you missed that because you are simply scrabbling at straws in your continued pathetic attempts to prove that winning a forum argument, which you have not so far, is somehow useful in a meaningful way to everyday life).

In Egyptian belief, the mother was Isis, the father Osiris, and the child Horus. Egyptian and Christian belief are not directly related through a descendand/ancestor relationship any more than any two faiths are, which is not at all. To claim that one sole religion is the basis of the other is ludicrous considering the fact that all mainstream religions and formerly mainstream religions were created by taking the original belief system architecture of nature worship and applying to it whatever local customs were popular at the time.

Why you cling to the belief that Egypt is the key to Christianity is beyond comprehension, honestly, especially your claim that Christ's resurrection was lifted from only Egyptian mythos. Resurrection stories were around long before the unification of upper and lower Egypt and the establishment of a formal hierarchy of gods and goddesses and are found in nearly every faith.

Simply put, unless one is going to be a historian or theologian, knowledge of Egyptian mysticism or any other mysticism really isn't largely or meaningfully useful to everyday affairs and should only be maintained as a hobby or interest, not lauded as the information that will somehow evolve us to our next form, as Blair and other pseudo-enlightened paraintellectuals hold.
If you say so.

Still, I beg to differ, many people aren't at all interested in history or theology but find a passionate desire to know and understand the facts and beliefs of ancient Egypt.
I guess I don't know what kind of tasks can be completed with this knowledge, so therefore you're right, they aren't any more useful than "a picture of oxygen to a drowning man".

What determines the usefulness of a subject?

Most of us never use math in our daily jobs or careers, yet we still have to study significant amounts of it before we're let out into the real world. Why then if it's not useful to our daily tasks? Because it stimulates parts of your brain that otherwise go unstimulated. It excercises and increases your awareness. But other than that, I guess you're right, they're completely useless.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #174
On Probation

Quote:
What the gods ended up representing has nothing to do with the fact that there is in nearly every one of these arcane belief systems a trinity that holds higher reverence in the minds of mainstream believers. Sun, moon, and earth aren't even the archetypes at hand; the archetypes were father, mother, and child (but of course you missed that because you are simply scrabbling at straws in your continued pathetic attempts to prove that winning a forum argument, which you have not so far, is somehow useful in a meaningful way to everyday life).

In Egyptian belief, the mother was Isis, the father Osiris, and the child Horus. Egyptian and Christian belief are not directly related through a descendand/ancestor relationship any more than any two faiths are, which is not at all. To claim that one sole religion is the basis of the other is ludicrous considering the fact that all mainstream religions and formerly mainstream religions were created by taking the original belief system architecture of nature worship and applying to it whatever local customs were popular at the time.

Why you cling to the belief that Egypt is the key to Christianity is beyond comprehension, honestly, especially your claim that Christ's resurrection was lifted from only Egyptian mythos. Resurrection stories were around long before the unification of upper and lower Egypt and the establishment of a formal hierarchy of gods and goddesses and are found in nearly every faith.

Simply put, unless one is going to be a historian or theologian, knowledge of Egyptian mysticism or any other mysticism really isn't largely or meaningfully useful to everyday affairs and should only be maintained as a hobby or interest, not lauded as the information that will somehow evolve us to our next form, as Blair and other pseudo-enlightened paraintellectuals hold.
If you say so.

Still, I beg to differ, many people aren't at all interested in history or theology but find a passionate desire to know and understand the facts and beliefs of ancient Egypt.
I guess I don't know what kind of tasks can be completed with this knowledge, so therefore you're right, they aren't any more useful than "a picture of oxygen to a drowning man".

What determines the usefulness of a subject?

Most of us never use math in our daily jobs or careers, yet we still have to study significant amounts of it before we're let out into the real world. Why then if it's not useful to our daily tasks? Because it stimulates parts of your brain that otherwise go unstimulated. It excercises and increases your awareness. But other than that, I guess you're right, they're completely useless.
Kody27
03-22-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
interests and hobbies are fine and not a waste of time at all. But you attempted to claim that these things are somehow useful beyond being interests and hobbies. That is what I take issue with.
Why?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #175
On Probation

Quote:
interests and hobbies are fine and not a waste of time at all. But you attempted to claim that these things are somehow useful beyond being interests and hobbies. That is what I take issue with.
Why?
Kody27
03-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
It just seems ridiculously self indulgent to me when someone tries to imply that their hobbies/interests are something that everyone must know about / learn about otherwise they're not fulfilling their potential as a human being.

Diff'rent strokes to move the world, you know.
You must be referring to someone else, because I don't remember saying any of that.

All I said was that you could learn a whole lot of information about the occult by reading into Blair's newsletters.

Whether or not you find any of it useful is in the eye of the beholder.

I think we might agree on this even though we stand on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to personal interests.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #176
On Probation

Quote:
It just seems ridiculously self indulgent to me when someone tries to imply that their hobbies/interests are something that everyone must know about / learn about otherwise they're not fulfilling their potential as a human being.

Diff'rent strokes to move the world, you know.
You must be referring to someone else, because I don't remember saying any of that.

All I said was that you could learn a whole lot of information about the occult by reading into Blair's newsletters.

Whether or not you find any of it useful is in the eye of the beholder.

I think we might agree on this even though we stand on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to personal interests.
Kody27
03-22-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
You don't have to say something to imply it.
Maybe that's because I never quite understood your definition of "useful".

I wish you would elaborate on that one.

Then elaborate on some more useful things that we could be doing while on the internet would you, please?

I'd like to know one thing that you do online that's more useful than learning philosophy and science. And if arguing in forums sharpens your critical thinking skills, then yes that is also useful to me.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #177
On Probation

Quote:
You don't have to say something to imply it.
Maybe that's because I never quite understood your definition of "useful".

I wish you would elaborate on that one.

Then elaborate on some more useful things that we could be doing while on the internet would you, please?

I'd like to know one thing that you do online that's more useful than learning philosophy and science. And if arguing in forums sharpens your critical thinking skills, then yes that is also useful to me.
03-23-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
When probabilities reach a certain low point, for all practical purposes they are synonymous with impossibility. Anybody living in the real world should understand this.

Regardless, I don't recall asking you a goddamn thing. Now go away.
You're right... It was more or less me telling you something.

You're wrong. Get over it.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #178
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
When probabilities reach a certain low point, for all practical purposes they are synonymous with impossibility. Anybody living in the real world should understand this.

Regardless, I don't recall asking you a goddamn thing. Now go away.
You're right... It was more or less me telling you something.

You're wrong. Get over it.
03-23-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Anybody living in the real world should understand this.
Considering your "real world" is as fucked up and blind as it is... this helps your argument?

It is highly improbable for a person to win a jackpot lottery. In fact, your 100 times more likely to die of tap water poisoning. Yet, is it impossible? No.

Impossibility =/= Improbablity PERIOD.

When speaking of possibility, probability has no say. Ever. And being as we cannot see reality for what it actually is, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #179
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Anybody living in the real world should understand this.
Considering your "real world" is as fucked up and blind as it is... this helps your argument?

It is highly improbable for a person to win a jackpot lottery. In fact, your 100 times more likely to die of tap water poisoning. Yet, is it impossible? No.

When speaking of possibility, probability has no say. Ever. And being as we cannot see reality for what it actually is, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
03-23-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post

I agree, however speaking of possibility probability has no say? Not at all, even in specific context?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:28 AM   #180

Quote:

I agree, however speaking of possibility probability has no say? Not at all, even in specific context?
03-23-2009, 02:54 AM

Reality is just a myth.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:54 AM   #181
Level 7 - Loquacious

Reality is just a myth.
03-23-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Ooooh, someone's getting pissy.
Troll objective completed.

Quote:
The lottery is obviously the exception, not the rule, as hundreds of millions of times in small time periods their odds are tested.
So is existence. what are the odds of something out of nothing?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #182
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Troll objective completed.

Quote:
The lottery is obviously the exception, not the rule, as hundreds of millions of times in small time periods their odds are tested.
So is existence. what are the odds of something out of nothing?
03-23-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.618 View Post
Well.. when its just as cut and dry as "Possible" or "Impossible", probability is irrelivant. If there is a small sliver of probability, it is still possible.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #183
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Well.. when its just as cut and dry as "Possible" or "Impossible", probability is irrelivant. If there is a small sliver of probability, it is still possible.
03-23-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Someone is in denial of REALITY, and logic.

I can see how someone could label something that has a low probability, like developing a merkabah field to go conspire with the Grays and the Orions in an underwater facility in the bottom of the ocean to take over the world to take those goddamn pleadies out once and for all... as an impossiblity... but it is not logically sound considering that thoughout history we have been misproven SO many fucking times, that anyone who has actually learned from it is forced to keep an open mind.

We get closer and closer to seeing what reality is with technology, we would have never known how big the universe is, that the sun is the center of the solar system, or discovered the world of Quantum Physics without technology... and our view has drastically changed because of these discoverys. Speaking of which, Quantum Experts are saying that quantum particles when not perceived exist everywhere and nowhere as waves of possibility... and you're telling me that Time Travel is impossible? Maybe you should give these Educated Idiots a call. I'm sure they'll enjoy your infallible ad hominum approach.

You're the kind of guy that hung people in the Renaissance for thinking differently. You're the kind of guy that laughed when someone first said we could go to the moon. You sit on ass and project your limited view on to others as truth.

I say there is no view. The only truth comes with subjectivity, which renders anything possible, and nothing impossible. Highly improbable maybe... but never impossible... There is too thick of a line drawn to juxtapose those two words.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #184
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Someone is in denial of REALITY, and logic.

I can see how someone could label something that has a low probability, like developing a merkabah field to go conspire with the Grays and the Orions in an underwater facility in the bottom of the ocean to take over the world to take those goddamn pleadies out once and for all... as an impossiblity... but it is not logically sound considering that thoughout history we have been misproven SO many fucking times, that anyone who has actually learned from it is forced to keep an open mind.

We get closer and closer to seeing what reality is with technology, we would have never known how big the universe is, that the sun is the center of the solar system, or discovered the world of Quantum Physics without technology... and our view has drastically changed because of these discoverys. Speaking of which, Quantum Experts are saying that quantum particles when not perceived exist everywhere and nowhere as waves of possibility... and you're telling me that Time Travel is impossible? Maybe you should give these Educated Idiots a call. I'm sure they'll enjoy your infallible ad hominum approach.

You're the kind of guy that hung people in the Renaissance for thinking differently. You're the kind of guy that laughed when someone first said we could go to the moon. You sit on ass and project your limited view on to others as truth.

I say there is no view. The only truth comes with subjectivity, which renders anything possible, and nothing impossible. Highly improbable maybe... but never impossible... There is too thick of a line drawn to juxtapose those two words.
03-23-2009, 10:24 AM

I like pizza!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #185
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

I like pizza!
03-23-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Not in the context of thinking practically given the state of reality human beings live in. But hey, keep on waiting for your computer to spontaneously become a rocketship due to quantum flux. The rest of us will do things that are at least marginally more meaningful.
Its the quality of a simple minded person to interchange those words for reasons of "practicality". You're obviously not catering to a growing, expanding world view, but just the opposite.

Have you seriously ever read a logic book? Taken a class?

Again, Possible and Impossible is like an on and off switch. Either it is, or isnt... there is no gray area. Once it is possible, probability can be determined. Improbable is in no way indicative of possibility or impossibility, what so ever, and is therefore not the same thing. So stop interchanging them just to appease your simple mind.

You're Wrong! Get over it! K? K. :)
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #186
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Not in the context of thinking practically given the state of reality human beings live in. But hey, keep on waiting for your computer to spontaneously become a rocketship due to quantum flux. The rest of us will do things that are at least marginally more meaningful.
Its the quality of a simple minded person to interchange those words for reasons of "practicality". You're obviously not catering to a growing, expanding world view, but just the opposite.

Have you seriously ever read a logic book? Taken a class?

Again, Possible and Impossible is like an on and off switch. Either it is, or isnt... there is no gray area. Once it is possible, probability can be determined. Improbable is in no way indicative of possibility or impossibility, what so ever, and is therefore not the same thing. So stop interchanging them just to appease your simple mind.

You're Wrong! Get over it! K? K. :)
03-23-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I like pizza!
Impossible!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #187
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I like pizza!
Impossible!!!
03-23-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Impossible!!!
For real, apparently you didn't read the laws of probability either =-P
Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #188
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Impossible!!!
03-23-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Hey inner_eulogy, i dont see you writing on interact, why is that?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #189

Quote:
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-23-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
*shrug* Never have. I've just always stuck to the albums sections for whatever reason. Perhaps I'll mosey on over there some day to check it out.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #190
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
*shrug* Never have. I've just always stuck to the albums sections for whatever reason. Perhaps I'll mosey on over there some day to check it out.
03-23-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
hmm ok
Old 03-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #191

Quote:
hmm ok
03-23-2009, 11:48 AM

Everything is probable in an infinite multiverse. Just not here and now. I'm too lazy to cite all the empirical evidence for and against. Besides science isn't fact, it's work in progress.
Even in mathematics the fact of 2 + 2 equals 4 can only be shown, never proven.
So it all comes down to the perceived probabilities of phenomena. Arguing possibilities is like discussing religion.
We'll probably never know.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #192
Level 7 - Loquacious

Everything is probable in an infinite multiverse. Just not here and now. I'm too lazy to cite all the empirical evidence for and against. Besides science isn't fact, it's work in progress.
Even in mathematics the fact of 2 + 2 equals 4 can only be shown, never proven.
So it all comes down to the perceived probabilities of phenomena. Arguing possibilities is like discussing religion.
We'll probably never know.
Kody27
03-23-2009, 01:05 PM

and the torch is passed to Your_Noose, when it comes to arguing, rivek is like the Rancor, he's mean and scary at first but then someone comes in and presses the door switch on his face and that one dude gets sad at first and then jabba gets angry and tries to kill luke but he's a jedi.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #193
On Probation

and the torch is passed to Your_Noose, when it comes to arguing, rivek is like the Rancor, he's mean and scary at first but then someone comes in and presses the door switch on his face and that one dude gets sad at first and then jabba gets angry and tries to kill luke but he's a jedi.
Kody27
03-23-2009, 01:39 PM

You bother because you only think no one has proven you wrong.
Step 1.
Show me solid "proof" of you being right about possibility and probability.
Step 2.
After realizing that your opinions cannot be proven right or wrong, blow your head off.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with being wrong sometimes.
Actually, I'm more impressed at the man who can admit defeat, rather than blindly walk away from it not knowing what actually happened and claiming victory 100% of the time. Kind of makes you seem conceded/narcissistic/egotistical claiming something so bold, but that's just my opinion.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #194
On Probation

You bother because you only think no one has proven you wrong.
Step 1.
Show me solid "proof" of you being right about possibility and probability.
Step 2.
After realizing that your opinions cannot be proven right or wrong, blow your head off.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with being wrong sometimes.
Actually, I'm more impressed at the man who can admit defeat, rather than blindly walk away from it not knowing what actually happened and claiming victory 100% of the time. Kind of makes you seem conceded/narcissistic/egotistical claiming something so bold, but that's just my opinion.
Kody27
03-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Good point, though sometimes losses find you when you're not looking for them.
Especially if you assume that it's impossible, not improbable, that you could be wrong at any subject before entering the arena about it. Those are the worst, and the farther away from reality you get the more it hurts when it settles back into your head, that you've typed till your blue in the face and never learned a thing, being wrong is the only way to learn. maybe i'm wrong. :::blows head off:::
Old 03-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #195
On Probation

Good point, though sometimes losses find you when you're not looking for them.
Especially if you assume that it's impossible, not improbable, that you could be wrong at any subject before entering the arena about it. Those are the worst, and the farther away from reality you get the more it hurts when it settles back into your head, that you've typed till your blue in the face and never learned a thing, being wrong is the only way to learn. maybe i'm wrong. :::blows head off:::
Kody27
03-23-2009, 02:20 PM

Of course you do, you are the perfect human being, congratulations.
Do you believe in perfection? Because I don't, i think the definition of it automatically suggest that it requires no flawed characteristics. and supposedly god is perfect, yet we come from him...so maybe he's just more perfect than us and true perfection is impossible?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #196
On Probation

Of course you do, you are the perfect human being, congratulations.
Do you believe in perfection? Because I don't, i think the definition of it automatically suggest that it requires no flawed characteristics. and supposedly god is perfect, yet we come from him...so maybe he's just more perfect than us and true perfection is impossible?
Kody27
03-23-2009, 02:38 PM

Don't you think there's a reason why "everybody seems to love, this 'RIVAK U JUS CAN'T ADMIT UR WRONG CAN U LOL' " No one likes a sore loser.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #197
On Probation

Don't you think there's a reason why "everybody seems to love, this 'RIVAK U JUS CAN'T ADMIT UR WRONG CAN U LOL' " No one likes a sore loser.
03-23-2009, 05:41 PM

Who the fuck would wanna keep score - other than extremely insecure people.
Rivek, realize that we're older than you and while you learned to keep score, we were bussy dissecting masks.
What I'm trying to say is - A score is just a mask. Sure the mask has potential socialogical uses, such as the dominator feeding his fragile hidden insecurities.
But for those who've been dissecting roles and masks for years - well.. you can't hide it dude.

So stop playing into stupid roles that are so transparent.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #198
Level 7 - Loquacious

Who the fuck would wanna keep score - other than extremely insecure people.
Rivek, realize that we're older than you and while you learned to keep score, we were bussy dissecting masks.
What I'm trying to say is - A score is just a mask. Sure the mask has potential socialogical uses, such as the dominator feeding his fragile hidden insecurities.
But for those who've been dissecting roles and masks for years - well.. you can't hide it dude.

So stop playing into stupid roles that are so transparent.
03-23-2009, 06:02 PM

You're right. probably was to hard spoken on that one. My apologies.
what I meant was just that competitiveness often clogs the reasoning.
Allthough still an important part of everyday life. I see what you mean about everyday practicality being more important than occult knowledge - I just think that it's important to notice symbols and mythological data, not only in past religions and shit - but as a current day going on.
Since the brain is hardwired to react and sense reality in a symbolical language thatis deeper rooted in our brains than logic - you can only be completely free with your own will, when you notice the full extend of manipulation we're all under.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #199
Level 7 - Loquacious

You're right. probably was to hard spoken on that one. My apologies.
what I meant was just that competitiveness often clogs the reasoning.
Allthough still an important part of everyday life. I see what you mean about everyday practicality being more important than occult knowledge - I just think that it's important to notice symbols and mythological data, not only in past religions and shit - but as a current day going on.
Since the brain is hardwired to react and sense reality in a symbolical language thatis deeper rooted in our brains than logic - you can only be completely free with your own will, when you notice the full extend of manipulation we're all under.
03-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Here's an example - although still relative in scope, quite serious 100 years ago. ortoday if you will.
http://www.ushistory.org/BETSY/images/armyseal.jpg

During the french revolution and the american revolution, liberty caps aka psilocybin mushrooms we're seen as the ultimate symbol of freedom.
Notice that in the Us army seal - right there in the center there is the liberty cap representing freedom, and above it says "this we will defend"

Then one could ask oneself. Now that the liberty cap is illegal - the fucking symbol of freedom itself.
Are we really free then?

And are you content being a slave?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #200
Level 7 - Loquacious

Here's an example - although still relative in scope, quite serious 100 years ago. ortoday if you will.
http://www.ushistory.org/BETSY/images/armyseal.jpg

During the french revolution and the american revolution, liberty caps aka psilocybin mushrooms we're seen as the ultimate symbol of freedom.
Notice that in the Us army seal - right there in the center there is the liberty cap representing freedom, and above it says "this we will defend"

Then one could ask oneself. Now that the liberty cap is illegal - the fucking symbol of freedom itself.
Are we really free then?

And are you content being a slave?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply