Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
SpiralOutKeepGoing's Avatar SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-21-2006, 12:21 PM

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...20914721&BAB=M CD Universe has the title listed as 10,000 days and allows you to purchase the Japenese import version as well which is coming out May 16. http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...20914721&BAB=E
Old 03-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #121
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 63
Re: What We Know

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...20914721&BAB=M CD Universe has the title listed as 10,000 days and allows you to purchase the Japenese import version as well which is coming out May 16. http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...20914721&BAB=E
solidabyss
03-21-2006, 01:05 PM

Old 03-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #122
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

03-27-2006, 06:42 PM

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002237083
New single will be Vicarious released on April 17.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #123
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 63

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002237083
New single will be Vicarious released on April 17.
Foamy's Avatar Foamy
04-07-2006, 11:02 AM

There's a talk box solo like bon jovi.

Last edited by Foamy; 04-07-2006 at 02:52 PM..
Old 04-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #124
curious george

Bincount™: 6546

Last edited by Foamy; 04-07-2006 at 02:52 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Unstuck in Time's Avatar Unstuck in Time
04-07-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy
Richie Sambora. *cough*
Yes, I do know what you mean.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #125
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy
Richie Sambora. *cough*
Yes, I do know what you mean.
04-08-2006, 09:23 AM

'Cause I'm in that sort of mood today... the talkbox scoop (okay so it was called a voicebox!) was on toolband's message board on Feb 21...

"Other things - the sampled thunder/rainstorm and Adam playing a voicebox at one point (see: Peter Frampton)." : )
Old 04-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #126
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

'Cause I'm in that sort of mood today... the talkbox scoop (okay so it was called a voicebox!) was on toolband's message board on Feb 21...

"Other things - the sampled thunder/rainstorm and Adam playing a voicebox at one point (see: Peter Frampton)." : )
Opiate_Mass's Avatar Opiate_Mass
04-08-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel
THANK YOU FINALLY.

Best part:

"and that a tour with ISIS is a distinct possibility."
it's funny because ISIS are god-awful xD
Old 04-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #127
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel
THANK YOU FINALLY.

Best part:

"and that a tour with ISIS is a distinct possibility."
it's funny because ISIS are god-awful xD
Opiate_Mass's Avatar Opiate_Mass
04-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itwillendnootherway
I know you were all talking about it a while back but why exactly do some of u think isis will be touring with tool. Maybe im missing somthing but from what ive heard of them there not really as ....good...as messugah or phantomas or some of the other types of bands that have toured with tool.
ISIS shouldn't even exist........
Old 04-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #128
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

Quote:
I know you were all talking about it a while back but why exactly do some of u think isis will be touring with tool. Maybe im missing somthing but from what ive heard of them there not really as ....good...as messugah or phantomas or some of the other types of bands that have toured with tool.
Sol Invictus's Avatar Sol Invictus
04-08-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate_Mass
This Thread is called "what we know" not what you think. STFU.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #129
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

Quote:
This Thread is called "what we know" not what you think. STFU.
04-10-2006, 02:02 PM

Probbably posted, but...

Adam uses a wet/dry adjuster pedal for other pedals.
Also, it has a lot of Native American and pagan musical influences.

Last edited by JuhaDeWolf; 04-10-2006 at 02:04 PM..
Old 04-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #130

Bincount™: 1

Probbably posted, but...

Adam uses a wet/dry adjuster pedal for other pedals.
Also, it has a lot of Native American and pagan musical influences.

Last edited by JuhaDeWolf; 04-10-2006 at 02:04 PM..
profundo giallo's Avatar profundo giallo
04-10-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Its Fantomas not Phantomas, show Mr Patton some respect!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #131

Quote:
04-10-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry opiate mass! i meant to quote this guy.......and repeat after me......Fantomas. Have you got a lisp or something?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #132

Quote:
Sorry opiate mass! i meant to quote this guy.......and repeat after me......Fantomas. Have you got a lisp or something?
04-11-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone
Ok. This place has been a little messed up with all the roumors floating around regarding the new CD and/or DVD, so to try to clear things up here's a chronology of all the official information we've had to date:

2002/11/24 - Last show of the Lateralus tour. The last six have been taped for a DVD release (Source: tdn).
2002/11/28 - The band has started working on new material, even managing to work out the arrangement on at least one song (Source: toolband).
2004/2/5 - While on tour with A Perfect Circle, Maynard says on an interview with Kerrang Magazine that they're working on a new Tool record (Source: tdn).
2004/4/7 - Danny says that he's been jamming for months with Adam and Justin and there's already a framework for 10 to 12 new songs, though they don't want to solidify anything too much until Maynard gets involved. He described the material as heavier and less intricate than Lateralus. He also says that he hopes the new album to be released on early 2005, and the DVD, which "won't be just another band-playing-live video", on summer 2004 (Source: mtv).
2004/12/14 - Blair describes a writing/arranging session (now with Maynard) and two new songs. One is a 15-18 minutes long song codenamed L. K. it "pretty much summed things up about the direction the new record was headed musically ... with its combination of odd time signatures, dynamics and intricacy of guitar work ... the acoustic drums were combined with lots of electronic samples of dissonant clocks, warped timpani, eruptions of noise and explosions of what sounded like bizarre artillery ... Adam seemed to be using the pedals more often ... Justin, with his lightning fast bass lines, at times there were riffs that seemed almost unnatural for that instrument ... it was the most impressive piece I’ve heard them do." Anyway, they said it wasn't finished yet, and it still had no vocals. The other song still has no title, it's a rhythmically complex 10 minutes long song and Danny had earlier described it as being his favorite Tool composition to date (Source: toolband).
2005/1/13 - On January 6th, Tool has resumed after the holydays the writing/arranging for the next record. Adam has a new minimoog, and Maynard have been experimenting with some electronic vocal effects on Danny’s Sennheiser VSM-201 (Source: toolband).
2005/2 - Acording to Blair, "the recording sessions are going very well, although it's still too early in the process for there to be a specific release date. Ditto with the live DVD, which isn't finished being edited yet, and which probably won't be released until after the new CD, perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while" (Source: toolband).
2005/2/14 - Blair mentions that Tool have finished another song, and that they have a self-imposed deadline for finishing material for the new record (Source: toolband).
2005/6/3 - Blair mentions that the band was yesterday "assembling/recording a rather monstrous piece of music" (Source: toolband).
2005/7/7 - Blair afirms that any details about to the recording process as well as any projected time-tables, will be posted on the band’s official website, which "could be tomorrow, or two days from now, or in a couple of weeks or even a month from now" (Source: toolband).
2005/7/11 - Lateralus vinyl is anounced for release on August 23rd (Source: tdn).
2005/7/17 - The band is in the recording process working with a guy named Joe (Source: toolband).
2005/7/21 - Danny Carey will play with Pigmy Love Circus on August 6th, and "he’ll probably be coming directly from the studio with just a pair of sticks, and playing someone else’s drums" (Source: toolband).
2005/8/14 - Adam has been posting photos from the recording process on My Space. The photos confirm the presence of producer/engineer Joe Barresi (Melvins, Queens of the Stone Age, Tomahawk, etc.) (Source: Adam’s My Space).
2005/8/26 - More photos can be found on august newsletter (Source: toolband).

So, that is until now. I probably forgot some things, so please post them, but let's try to keep this thread off of un-oficially-founded rumors
I know that Zac from 'Rage against the machines' makes an appearance on the album...
Alright you can all thump me with insults now.. or not waste your time.. But hey how sweet is that news nonetheless! x
Old 04-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #133
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone
Ok. This place has been a little messed up with all the roumors floating around regarding the new CD and/or DVD, so to try to clear things up here's a chronology of all the official information we've had to date:

2002/11/24 - Last show of the Lateralus tour. The last six have been taped for a DVD release (Source: tdn).
2002/11/28 - The band has started working on new material, even managing to work out the arrangement on at least one song (Source: toolband).
2004/2/5 - While on tour with A Perfect Circle, Maynard says on an interview with Kerrang Magazine that they're working on a new Tool record (Source: tdn).
2004/4/7 - Danny says that he's been jamming for months with Adam and Justin and there's already a framework for 10 to 12 new songs, though they don't want to solidify anything too much until Maynard gets involved. He described the material as heavier and less intricate than Lateralus. He also says that he hopes the new album to be released on early 2005, and the DVD, which "won't be just another band-playing-live video", on summer 2004 (Source: mtv).
2004/12/14 - Blair describes a writing/arranging session (now with Maynard) and two new songs. One is a 15-18 minutes long song codenamed L. K. it "pretty much summed things up about the direction the new record was headed musically ... with its combination of odd time signatures, dynamics and intricacy of guitar work ... the acoustic drums were combined with lots of electronic samples of dissonant clocks, warped timpani, eruptions of noise and explosions of what sounded like bizarre artillery ... Adam seemed to be using the pedals more often ... Justin, with his lightning fast bass lines, at times there were riffs that seemed almost unnatural for that instrument ... it was the most impressive piece I’ve heard them do." Anyway, they said it wasn't finished yet, and it still had no vocals. The other song still has no title, it's a rhythmically complex 10 minutes long song and Danny had earlier described it as being his favorite Tool composition to date (Source: toolband).
2005/1/13 - On January 6th, Tool has resumed after the holydays the writing/arranging for the next record. Adam has a new minimoog, and Maynard have been experimenting with some electronic vocal effects on Danny’s Sennheiser VSM-201 (Source: toolband).
2005/2 - Acording to Blair, "the recording sessions are going very well, although it's still too early in the process for there to be a specific release date. Ditto with the live DVD, which isn't finished being edited yet, and which probably won't be released until after the new CD, perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while" (Source: toolband).
2005/2/14 - Blair mentions that Tool have finished another song, and that they have a self-imposed deadline for finishing material for the new record (Source: toolband).
2005/6/3 - Blair mentions that the band was yesterday "assembling/recording a rather monstrous piece of music" (Source: toolband).
2005/7/7 - Blair afirms that any details about to the recording process as well as any projected time-tables, will be posted on the band’s official website, which "could be tomorrow, or two days from now, or in a couple of weeks or even a month from now" (Source: toolband).
2005/7/11 - Lateralus vinyl is anounced for release on August 23rd (Source: tdn).
2005/7/17 - The band is in the recording process working with a guy named Joe (Source: toolband).
2005/7/21 - Danny Carey will play with Pigmy Love Circus on August 6th, and "he’ll probably be coming directly from the studio with just a pair of sticks, and playing someone else’s drums" (Source: toolband).
2005/8/14 - Adam has been posting photos from the recording process on My Space. The photos confirm the presence of producer/engineer Joe Barresi (Melvins, Queens of the Stone Age, Tomahawk, etc.) (Source: Adam’s My Space).
2005/8/26 - More photos can be found on august newsletter (Source: toolband).

So, that is until now. I probably forgot some things, so please post them, but let's try to keep this thread off of un-oficially-founded rumors
I know that Zac from 'Rage against the machines' makes an appearance on the album...
Alright you can all thump me with insults now.. or not waste your time.. But hey how sweet is that news nonetheless! x
fraz's Avatar fraz
04-11-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrob
ahh what's your source - sounds like bullshit to me considering they've already stated their are no guest appearances
Old 04-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #134
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrob
ahh what's your source - sounds like bullshit to me considering they've already stated their are no guest appearances
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
04-12-2006, 04:28 AM

Booklet scans from the album can be found at www.fourtheye.net.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:28 AM   #135
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Booklet scans from the album can be found at www.fourtheye.net.
04-14-2006, 12:30 AM

I previously posted a report on the Dutch listening session, that was very well translated by somebody else. I promised to tell more after the embargo on April 13th. I was too busy to write a detailed review untill then, but if you check

http://toolheadonline.blogspot.com/2...re-review.html

there is my story. Too busy to translate it myself right now, but if the person who did it last time is able to, be my guest. :)
Old 04-14-2006, 12:30 AM   #136
Useful Idiot

I previously posted a report on the Dutch listening session, that was very well translated by somebody else. I promised to tell more after the embargo on April 13th. I was too busy to write a detailed review untill then, but if you check

http://toolheadonline.blogspot.com/2...re-review.html

there is my story. Too busy to translate it myself right now, but if the person who did it last time is able to, be my guest. :)
thepatient_10k
04-14-2006, 07:17 PM

another thing we know is that vicarious fucking rocks!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #137

Bincount™: 9

another thing we know is that vicarious fucking rocks!
Calabi-Yau's Avatar Calabi-Yau
04-16-2006, 12:08 AM

its not about what we kanow...
and it is not about the buddies we think we know.
It is about us in a vulnerable situtation.,...
giving more than we can CARE
Shedding light on my Deepest YAWN!
And being 10000days into your thought.
For the thought alone I feel alive...
for the thought alone i feel mine.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #138
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

its not about what we kanow...
and it is not about the buddies we think we know.
It is about us in a vulnerable situtation.,...
giving more than we can CARE
Shedding light on my Deepest YAWN!
And being 10000days into your thought.
For the thought alone I feel alive...
for the thought alone i feel mine.
04-16-2006, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillasnot
Hes producing? I mean, i like all of his music but to me it doesn't seem like he is any good for Tool's style, he's mostly punk rock and stoner music...
And All along, i thought TOOL was stoner music.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:16 AM   #139
Banned.

Quote:
Hes producing? I mean, i like all of his music but to me it doesn't seem like he is any good for Tool's style, he's mostly punk rock and stoner music...
And All along, i thought TOOL was stoner music.
Mr C's Avatar Mr C
04-17-2006, 03:39 AM

Just heard **** on JJJ say that one of the songs on 10,000 days sounds like maynards got chains strapped to his legs and he's walking around singing and you can hear every instrument perfectly. Sounds good.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:39 AM   #140
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15

Just heard **** on JJJ say that one of the songs on 10,000 days sounds like maynards got chains strapped to his legs and he's walking around singing and you can hear every instrument perfectly. Sounds good.
04-17-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr C
WTF? That makes no sense at all...
Old 04-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #141
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr C
imatoolhed's Avatar imatoolhed
04-17-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know the myspace site that adam posts the pictures on?
the web address is http://myspace.com/20913840 i found the link in one the tool web sites
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 04-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #142
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897

Quote:
Does anyone know the myspace site that adam posts the pictures on?
the web address is http://myspace.com/20913840 i found the link in one the tool web sites
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Mr C's Avatar Mr C
04-17-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimb
He's walking around with chains dragging behind him on the ground. That's what was said about one song .
Also, the mix done allows you to hear every instrument perfectly clear and level is what i think she meant. Is that what you didn't understand.
We'll wait and see what she was talking about.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:05 PM   #143
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimb
He's walking around with chains dragging behind him on the ground. That's what was said about one song .
Also, the mix done allows you to hear every instrument perfectly clear and level is what i think she meant. Is that what you didn't understand.
We'll wait and see what she was talking about.
04-18-2006, 04:35 PM

it leaked.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:35 PM   #144
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

it leaked.
04-18-2006, 04:36 PM

It sure has...
Old 04-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #145

Bincount™: 4

It sure has...
drugthing
08-14-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundo giallo
Actually it's Fantômas, not Fantomas
Old 08-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #146
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundo giallo
Actually it's Fantômas, not Fantomas

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply