Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 01. Vicarious
User Name
Password
The Green Mule
07-07-2016, 04:08 AM

"Why can't we just admit it?" the band pleads with the listener, but i ask admit what? this-

"The universe is hostile. so Impersonal. devour to survive.
So it is. So it's always been."

So we won't give pause to stop the blood from flowing, isn't that something that's been out of reach up to now though? Isn't it within the realms of possibility for us today to create a global peace? A utopia of sorts.

Last edited by The Green Mule; 07-07-2016 at 04:16 AM..
Old 07-07-2016, 04:08 AM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Admit what?

"Why can't we just admit it?" the band pleads with the listener, but i ask admit what? this-

"The universe is hostile. so Impersonal. devour to survive.
So it is. So it's always been."

So we won't give pause to stop the blood from flowing, isn't that something that's been out of reach up to now though? Isn't it within the realms of possibility for us today to create a global peace? A utopia of sorts.

Last edited by The Green Mule; 07-07-2016 at 04:16 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
The Green Mule
10-25-2016, 09:45 PM

"Neither the brave nor bold, Nor brightest of stories told"

They've gotta be pulling our leg, what?
Old 10-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
On Probation

Re: Admit what?

"Neither the brave nor bold, Nor brightest of stories told"

They've gotta be pulling our leg, what?
Spideymon77's Avatar Spideymon77
12-09-2016, 07:33 PM

They're most likely talking about admitting to the fact we love to watch things die on television. We crave the bloodshed. Instead of calling ourselves creepy, why can't we just admit we love watching things die? Why can't we just admit it?
Old 12-09-2016, 07:33 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

They're most likely talking about admitting to the fact we love to watch things die on television. We crave the bloodshed. Instead of calling ourselves creepy, why can't we just admit we love watching things die? Why can't we just admit it?
12-09-2016, 07:47 PM

okay, i want to watch the new spiderman movie
Old 12-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

okay, i want to watch the new spiderman movie
12-09-2016, 07:50 PM

why can't we admit that evil lives in the skin? why can't we admit that no one is better than another? why can't we admit that life feeds off of life? why can't we admit that the weak feed the powerful? why is it so hard for some people to come to terms with the circle of life?

Last edited by Malaclypse; 12-09-2016 at 07:54 PM..
Old 12-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
Banned.

why can't we admit that evil lives in the skin? why can't we admit that no one is better than another? why can't we admit that life feeds off of life? why can't we admit that the weak feed the powerful? why is it so hard for some people to come to terms with the circle of life?

Last edited by Malaclypse; 12-09-2016 at 07:54 PM..
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
12-10-2016, 12:26 AM

you all feel the same = we literally are all one. so...

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 12-10-2016 at 12:34 AM..
Old 12-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

you all feel the same = we literally are all one. so...

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 12-10-2016 at 12:34 AM..
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
12-10-2016, 04:29 AM

etymology: admit (v.) late 14c., "LET in," from Latin admittere "admit, give entrance, allow to enter; grant an audience," of acts, "LET be done, allow, permit"...

with regards to my previous post, consider the following lyrics to "reflection":

so crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are ALL ONE mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable. just LET the light touch you, and LET the words spill through, and LET them pass right through ...bringing out our hope and reason.

side by side:
why can we just "LET in" the love/light/truth we need ...before we "pine away" (or "spiral out")?

it's basically like saying:
look, boy. you fuckin' stupid dumbass belligerent talking monkey you...
time to stfu! time to evolve! time to (ego) die a little (...give ...it ...up!)
lay (ego) dead ...beneath the undertow ...there is no "other" way/friend.

or better yet:
tell them all, child, they cannot see the kingdom of god, they cannot see paradise unfold before them, they cannot drink from the chalice which holds the blood of christ, the water of life ...until they get right with jesus! it's always gonna be sour grapes with YOU, boy, until you get right with jesus! AMEN!!!

so yeah, just admit it, LET the glory of jesus (christ consciousness) into your hearts! now, how might one "get right with jesus"? i think the band has been somewhat specific about this as well:

FEED MY WILL to feel this moment urging me to cross the line. reaching out to embrace the random. reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

EMBRACE MY DESIRE to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

I AM -_- with my feet upon the ground i lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, i feel it move across my skin. i'm reaching up and reaching out, i'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. and following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. we'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

love is the law,
love under will.
spiral out
keep going

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 12-10-2016 at 04:34 AM..
Old 12-10-2016, 04:29 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

etymology: admit (v.) late 14c., "LET in," from Latin admittere "admit, give entrance, allow to enter; grant an audience," of acts, "LET be done, allow, permit"...

with regards to my previous post, consider the following lyrics to "reflection":

so crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are ALL ONE mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable. just LET the light touch you, and LET the words spill through, and LET them pass right through ...bringing out our hope and reason.

side by side:
why can we just "LET in" the love/light/truth we need ...before we "pine away" (or "spiral out")?

it's basically like saying:
look, boy. you fuckin' stupid dumbass belligerent talking monkey you...
time to stfu! time to evolve! time to (ego) die a little (...give ...it ...up!)
lay (ego) dead ...beneath the undertow ...there is no "other" way/friend.

or better yet:
tell them all, child, they cannot see the kingdom of god, they cannot see paradise unfold before them, they cannot drink from the chalice which holds the blood of christ, the water of life ...until they get right with jesus! it's always gonna be sour grapes with YOU, boy, until you get right with jesus! AMEN!!!

so yeah, just admit it, LET the glory of jesus (christ consciousness) into your hearts! now, how might one "get right with jesus"? i think the band has been somewhat specific about this as well:

FEED MY WILL to feel this moment urging me to cross the line. reaching out to embrace the random. reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

EMBRACE MY DESIRE to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

I AM -_- with my feet upon the ground i lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, i feel it move across my skin. i'm reaching up and reaching out, i'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. and following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. we'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

love is the law,
love under will.
spiral out
keep going

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 12-10-2016 at 04:34 AM..
J A G's Avatar J A G
12-10-2016, 07:38 AM

i find this song to be one of Maynard's most simplistic lyrical offerings.

Admit there's a part of us that like watching the pain and suffering of others.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #8

Bincount™: 7676

i find this song to be one of Maynard's most simplistic lyrical offerings.

Admit there's a part of us that like watching the pain and suffering of others.
joegiles
02-23-2018, 05:15 AM

nice one ..... I admitted
Old 02-23-2018, 05:15 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

nice one ..... I admitted

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread