Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
musicismylife78
08-19-2012, 05:46 PM

So as per my previous thread, indeed ive been a fan of tool for quite a few years, but lately ive really been digging into the bands ideas and whatnot, and was curious what you all would recommend. Im interested in books and music and art thats inspired the band. Same with Alex Grey. Im interested in the mysticism, sacred geometry, spirituality, zen, buddhism, and all those ideas expressed by the band. Basically, the stuff Tool talks about in the lyrics, how can I learn more about it?

What books, movies, music, art etc... would expose me to ideas talked about in either Tools work or Alex Greys work?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Recommended books and art for ideas expressed in lyrics?

So as per my previous thread, indeed ive been a fan of tool for quite a few years, but lately ive really been digging into the bands ideas and whatnot, and was curious what you all would recommend. Im interested in books and music and art thats inspired the band. Same with Alex Grey. Im interested in the mysticism, sacred geometry, spirituality, zen, buddhism, and all those ideas expressed by the band. Basically, the stuff Tool talks about in the lyrics, how can I learn more about it?

What books, movies, music, art etc... would expose me to ideas talked about in either Tools work or Alex Greys work?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
08-19-2012, 06:02 PM

um... go ask blair, read all the tool newsletters, follow 'em on twitter (and then follow who they follow), see wiki influence sections and/or choose-your-own-wikilinks-adventure, find interview articles involving the band, check out side project websites (start at dannycarey.org), bookmark dailygrail.com, and look through allllll of everyone's shopping/store websites.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: Recommended books and art for ideas expressed in lyrics?

um... go ask blair, read all the tool newsletters, follow 'em on twitter (and then follow who they follow), see wiki influence sections and/or choose-your-own-wikilinks-adventure, find interview articles involving the band, check out side project websites (start at dannycarey.org), bookmark dailygrail.com, and look through allllll of everyone's shopping/store websites.
08-19-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post

thanks i appreciate it, will do all those things!

I just feel a tad overwhelmed! I went to the Tool online store, and was really interested in all those images they have on the shirts, they list out what the symbols are, and will google the name of each symbol listed, but it just seems like ALOT of stuff, but I guess thats a good problem to have, better to be curious and interested, this is exactly why the band exists, for us as fans to get interested and check out the deeper meanings and ideas expressed in the bands art and music.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post

thanks i appreciate it, will do all those things!

I just feel a tad overwhelmed! I went to the Tool online store, and was really interested in all those images they have on the shirts, they list out what the symbols are, and will google the name of each symbol listed, but it just seems like ALOT of stuff, but I guess thats a good problem to have, better to be curious and interested, this is exactly why the band exists, for us as fans to get interested and check out the deeper meanings and ideas expressed in the bands art and music.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
08-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Old 08-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
09-14-2012, 11:47 AM

Ok here is a set of book recommended for reading.

"The book of the law", "The equinox", "Liber 777", "The book Of lies", "The book of Thoth", "Moon child" (all by crowley)

"The thoth tarot", "the kaballah, magick an Thelema". (Phyllis Seckler)

"The middle pillar" by Israel Regardi

"Cosmic trigger", "quantium psycology" Robert Anton Wilson

A book called "the Deamon" the author escapes me at the moment. This book takes a look that nature of multiple consciousness in the human mind. One interesting piece of information that is brought up is the fact that Our mitochondria seems to have its own separate set of chromosomes. 44 cellular chromosomes and 2 mitochondrial. 44 & 2
tools song 46 & 2 is a statement of evolution regarding the Shadow consciousness, also known as the Holly Guardian Angel by occult groups. The internal objective of Magick ultimatly, is to integrate aspects of the HGA into the main consciousness that are useful and to transmute that which is unnecessary.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Ok here is a set of book recommended for reading.

"The book of the law", "The equinox", "Liber 777", "The book Of lies", "The book of Thoth", "Moon child" (all by crowley)

"The thoth tarot", "the kaballah, magick an Thelema". (Phyllis Seckler)

"The middle pillar" by Israel Regardi

"Cosmic trigger", "quantium psycology" Robert Anton Wilson

A book called "the Deamon" the author escapes me at the moment. This book takes a look that nature of multiple consciousness in the human mind. One interesting piece of information that is brought up is the fact that Our mitochondria seems to have its own separate set of chromosomes. 44 cellular chromosomes and 2 mitochondrial. 44 & 2
tools song 46 & 2 is a statement of evolution regarding the Shadow consciousness, also known as the Holly Guardian Angel by occult groups. The internal objective of Magick ultimatly, is to integrate aspects of the HGA into the main consciousness that are useful and to transmute that which is unnecessary.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply