Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
metalwarriorx's Avatar metalwarriorx
01-21-2011, 10:15 PM

I dont know where else to put this in this forum.

So lets discuss the connection between Tool's songs, Danny Carey's drum set-up and his work with the unicursal hexagram, The Book of Lies, the new Aeon or Age ruled by Horus, and geometry from The Temple of Solomon as a device of protection.

Any opinions or thoughts? Any real occultists in here? Any occultists with some insight? Believers?

I am a skeptic, but am interested. I dont really believe in "magick" but i dont fully believe that I "dont believe in magick." Sometimes I feel that Tool is serious when it comes to this, and that their music is actually or potentially capable of congering up metaphysical, beyond worldly, spiritual, or occultist entities.

Here's the quote I found on drummerworld.com:

"...Danny then set up his drums into proportions utilizing the circle and square of the New Jerusalem and uttered a short prayer relating to the principles of the ace of swords from the book of Thoth. He then performed a ritual utilizing his new found knowledge of the unicursal hexagram to generate a pattern of movement in space relating to Fuller's vector equilibrium model. The resulting rhythm and gateway summoned a daemon he has contained within "the Lodge" that has been delivering short parables similar to passages within the Book of Lies. Danny recommends as a device of protection and containment a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record."

Last edited by metalwarriorx; 01-21-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Tool, 10000 days, & The occult

I dont know where else to put this in this forum.

So lets discuss the connection between Tool's songs, Danny Carey's drum set-up and his work with the unicursal hexagram, The Book of Lies, the new Aeon or Age ruled by Horus, and geometry from The Temple of Solomon as a device of protection.

Any opinions or thoughts? Any real occultists in here? Any occultists with some insight? Believers?

I am a skeptic, but am interested. I dont really believe in "magick" but i dont fully believe that I "dont believe in magick." Sometimes I feel that Tool is serious when it comes to this, and that their music is actually or potentially capable of congering up metaphysical, beyond worldly, spiritual, or occultist entities.

Here's the quote I found on drummerworld.com:

"...Danny then set up his drums into proportions utilizing the circle and square of the New Jerusalem and uttered a short prayer relating to the principles of the ace of swords from the book of Thoth. He then performed a ritual utilizing his new found knowledge of the unicursal hexagram to generate a pattern of movement in space relating to Fuller's vector equilibrium model. The resulting rhythm and gateway summoned a daemon he has contained within "the Lodge" that has been delivering short parables similar to passages within the Book of Lies. Danny recommends as a device of protection and containment a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record."

Last edited by metalwarriorx; 01-21-2011 at 10:17 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
01-22-2011, 08:33 AM

i dont understand any of it, but there is something unexplained going on in our universe. that many of these occultist understand. im open to the idea of magic with or without a k.

i have been attracted to sacred geometry, and spirals before i even knew wut they were.

i do believe wut we believe in becomes reality, so i will be tuning into this thread more, i hope it takes off.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656
Re: Tool, 10000 days, & The occult

i dont understand any of it, but there is something unexplained going on in our universe. that many of these occultist understand. im open to the idea of magic with or without a k.

i have been attracted to sacred geometry, and spirals before i even knew wut they were.

i do believe wut we believe in becomes reality, so i will be tuning into this thread more, i hope it takes off.
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
01-22-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

Check the Artwork section, the brainstorming discussion will shed some light on whats going on read
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

Check the Artwork section, the brainstorming discussion will shed some light on whats going on read
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM

Well, I went on the artwork thread and i read through most of it. It looks like there is a lot of talking about terms that only someone who is very well versed in the occult will understand. I am not very well versed in the occult, so to me it all seems like mumbo jumbo. What about in layman's terms?
I could do some research, but I am a busy man without time to go and read through books. Plus, I would need a teacher or master or whatever to help me comprehend all these occult terms. Im sure most of the Tool fans here are like me.

Maybe you Sleeper, were meant to help us all deceiver the message. Maybe you were chosen to bring to all the details...or maybe not.

If Tool does want to give us a positive message, should we spread the message? Is the message neccessary for all to understand in this new age?

Also, how could Tool's art or music be affecting the listeners?
Could listening to the music directly result in some sort of cosmic change in our energies?
Sorry I have a lot of questions, and if only i had the answers.

I think that this message is meant to inform us of something that should help us, not confuse us further
Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #4

Well, I went on the artwork thread and i read through most of it. It looks like there is a lot of talking about terms that only someone who is very well versed in the occult will understand. I am not very well versed in the occult, so to me it all seems like mumbo jumbo. What about in layman's terms?
I could do some research, but I am a busy man without time to go and read through books. Plus, I would need a teacher or master or whatever to help me comprehend all these occult terms. Im sure most of the Tool fans here are like me.

Maybe you Sleeper, were meant to help us all deceiver the message. Maybe you were chosen to bring to all the details...or maybe not.

If Tool does want to give us a positive message, should we spread the message? Is the message neccessary for all to understand in this new age?

Also, how could Tool's art or music be affecting the listeners?
Could listening to the music directly result in some sort of cosmic change in our energies?
Sorry I have a lot of questions, and if only i had the answers.

I think that this message is meant to inform us of something that should help us, not confuse us further
01-28-2011, 11:09 AM

yes i do admit this subject is very difficult to understand, and as far as chosen i dont know either but i do seem to have inherent understanding of the occult, maby its was my experience with death.

now this doesnt solve the puzzle or any thing, but there are deffinit links between pictures and THe Tarot, Buddhism, Quaballah, and maby even some hindu.

there are 3 major point to this,,

all things are voide of lables, it is the person viewing that gives any object its properties,

all things are interdependant, that means all object rely on all other objects to exist

and all things that do exist exist becaues of a vibration of the space that they exist in.

to break it down even further the universe is a massive clock and all objects "including us" are the cogs and springs. and then its all just information.

now if we are all part of a greater system it is important to view eachother as responcibile for its matinance, thus our own happyness and the happyness of thoes around us. IN other words every man for him self will not work not in the end.

So this brings the god delima, Does it exist or not, there are 2 arguments to this

IF no, then god is irrelevant

IF yes, then gode gave us free will there for god can not interefere, thus it made it self irelavent, and we are responcibile for our own salvation. Now this brings the argument of jesus and the counter argument is that he never said he was goin to save any one,, he said that christ saves, and the he was a christ.

So what is CHrist, Unconditional love, unconditional forgivnes, unconditional tolerence and compassion. when evey one in the system exibits these qualities Sufferign ceases to exist.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

yes i do admit this subject is very difficult to understand, and as far as chosen i dont know either but i do seem to have inherent understanding of the occult, maby its was my experience with death.

now this doesnt solve the puzzle or any thing, but there are deffinit links between pictures and THe Tarot, Buddhism, Quaballah, and maby even some hindu.

there are 3 major point to this,,

all things are voide of lables, it is the person viewing that gives any object its properties,

all things are interdependant, that means all object rely on all other objects to exist

and all things that do exist exist becaues of a vibration of the space that they exist in.

to break it down even further the universe is a massive clock and all objects "including us" are the cogs and springs. and then its all just information.

now if we are all part of a greater system it is important to view eachother as responcibile for its matinance, thus our own happyness and the happyness of thoes around us. IN other words every man for him self will not work not in the end.

So this brings the god delima, Does it exist or not, there are 2 arguments to this

IF no, then god is irrelevant

IF yes, then gode gave us free will there for god can not interefere, thus it made it self irelavent, and we are responcibile for our own salvation. Now this brings the argument of jesus and the counter argument is that he never said he was goin to save any one,, he said that christ saves, and the he was a christ.

So what is CHrist, Unconditional love, unconditional forgivnes, unconditional tolerence and compassion. when evey one in the system exibits these qualities Sufferign ceases to exist.
01-30-2011, 12:06 PM

The "tarot" an object in Dannie's picture, which with out you will find these subjects very difficult to under stand, IS a map of the consciousness as it relates to all sentient beings, and the commonalities they all experience during the awakening of consciousness.

This is also a system of divination, that the subconscious can use as a TOOL to convey message to the gross consciousness.

What we think of as consciousness is not a byproduct of biological function but rather the other way around. Consciousness is in the vacuum of space. Consciousness is the universe.
Even a rock has consciousness, no intelligence but a basic dumb DUH. As do plants which have a higher consciousness than the rocks mineral consciousness. The plant can actually transform energy but only in a mechanical way. The human can transform all forms of energy, depending on the level of consciousness and awareness that human possesses.

A human can choose to forgive an act of violence, but the thorn a rose will always scratch should one get to close.

Last edited by Sleeper0013; 01-30-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Old 01-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

The "tarot" an object in Dannie's picture, which with out you will find these subjects very difficult to under stand, IS a map of the consciousness as it relates to all sentient beings, and the commonalities they all experience during the awakening of consciousness.

This is also a system of divination, that the subconscious can use as a TOOL to convey message to the gross consciousness.

What we think of as consciousness is not a byproduct of biological function but rather the other way around. Consciousness is in the vacuum of space. Consciousness is the universe.
Even a rock has consciousness, no intelligence but a basic dumb DUH. As do plants which have a higher consciousness than the rocks mineral consciousness. The plant can actually transform energy but only in a mechanical way. The human can transform all forms of energy, depending on the level of consciousness and awareness that human possesses.

A human can choose to forgive an act of violence, but the thorn a rose will always scratch should one get to close.

Last edited by Sleeper0013; 01-30-2011 at 12:08 PM..
01-30-2011, 12:12 PM

The book of lies....

Read it with the understanding of breaking down the conditioned mind.

The conditioned mind is a prison. Aristotle was an idiot. a useful one at that.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

The book of lies....

Read it with the understanding of breaking down the conditioned mind.

The conditioned mind is a prison. Aristotle was an idiot. a useful one at that.
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Trying to bring this thread back to life here....

So i saw this movie called Gnosis the secret of solomon's temple revealed by phillip Gardner. Theres a lot of information in it and the audio is pretty bad, but in a nutshell it's all pretty much how divine knowledge about the connection between our consciousness and the material world has been known for years and during the crusades this knowledge was discovered by the Knights Templar and brought from the Middle East into Europe where it was seen as blasmephous and sent into the underground. The Knights Templar continued to practice rituals and black magic in order to be intune with the divine knowledge. This is the same information that has been passed to the Free Masons and it is known by the people today who have the power and wealth to access it. So connection to the Universal Mind can be achieved through rituals and through focusing and materializing negative energy. Thats what I got out of it atleast.

Still, where does Tool fit in to this? Do they want us to see our interconnectedness? Do they want us to participate in sodomy and rape of young virgin boys like the Knights Templar did? I hope not.

Still, I believe everybody in the world should be introduced to this information. If it is true that our consciousness is connected and that our thoughts affect our material world, then it would interesting to see what happens when everyone is aware and consciousness of this.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #8

Trying to bring this thread back to life here....

So i saw this movie called Gnosis the secret of solomon's temple revealed by phillip Gardner. Theres a lot of information in it and the audio is pretty bad, but in a nutshell it's all pretty much how divine knowledge about the connection between our consciousness and the material world has been known for years and during the crusades this knowledge was discovered by the Knights Templar and brought from the Middle East into Europe where it was seen as blasmephous and sent into the underground. The Knights Templar continued to practice rituals and black magic in order to be intune with the divine knowledge. This is the same information that has been passed to the Free Masons and it is known by the people today who have the power and wealth to access it. So connection to the Universal Mind can be achieved through rituals and through focusing and materializing negative energy. Thats what I got out of it atleast.

Still, where does Tool fit in to this? Do they want us to see our interconnectedness? Do they want us to participate in sodomy and rape of young virgin boys like the Knights Templar did? I hope not.

Still, I believe everybody in the world should be introduced to this information. If it is true that our consciousness is connected and that our thoughts affect our material world, then it would interesting to see what happens when everyone is aware and consciousness of this.
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM

i'll let you know when i complete skyward sword.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

i'll let you know when i complete skyward sword.
02-03-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwarriorx View Post
I'm pretty sure that quote was intended to be a joke.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwarriorx View Post
02-08-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Feed On Life View Post
Not completely. Everything Blair posts that's somewhat revealing and somewhat outrageous is just that, a mixture of the truth and fiction. It's obvious to some what part is real and what isn't, that's the glory of Tool. You have to actually participate, just like listening to their music, you have to participate in the vast amounts of information that Blair puts out there for you to sort through. It's more fun than any other band journalist or website I can think of.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Feed On Life View Post
Not completely. Everything Blair posts that's somewhat revealing and somewhat outrageous is just that, a mixture of the truth and fiction. It's obvious to some what part is real and what isn't, that's the glory of Tool. You have to actually participate, just like listening to their music, you have to participate in the vast amounts of information that Blair puts out there for you to sort through. It's more fun than any other band journalist or website I can think of.
11235's Avatar 11235
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Here is what I don't understand about the occult and spirituality behind Tool:

What does Thelema, the Anti-Christian and enochian spirituality have to do with the (jewish) Kabbalah and buddhism/i-ching?
Where is the connection between these?

However, I wonder mostly about what is the connection between Tool and the agenda of some secret societies who are believed by some people (strangly these people often are Christians) to run some kind of world conspiracy.

By the way it is very hard to find information on the internet about secret knowledge about our universe (for example things like extradimensionality). Tool always seems to be one big secret thing and I think this hidden, mysterious kind of way is what they want to appear in.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

What does Thelema, the Anti-Christian and enochian spirituality have to do with the (jewish) Kabbalah and buddhism/i-ching?

However, I wonder mostly about what is the connection between Tool and the agenda of some secret societies who are believed by some people (strangly these people often are Christians) to run some kind of world conspiracy.

By the way it is very hard to find information on the internet about secret knowledge about our universe (for example things like extradimensionality). Tool always seems to be one big secret thing and I think this hidden, mysterious kind of way is what they want to appear in.
Angel on the Sideline
02-29-2012, 06:44 AM

God damn we need some new music from Tool. As titillating and interesting as all this is, I'm growing tired of discussing the same shit for 6 years now! So glad they're writing. Rumor has it they'll enter the studio in May ... which probably means an October or November release, I would think. Ugggggh.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

God damn we need some new music from Tool. As titillating and interesting as all this is, I'm growing tired of discussing the same shit for 6 years now! So glad they're writing. Rumor has it they'll enter the studio in May ... which probably means an October or November release, I would think. Ugggggh.
11235's Avatar 11235
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
I thought about something for a long time now. It would be exactly Tool if they would announce their new album to come out at 2012-12-21. As a very good joke or something. I already see that coming.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
I thought about something for a long time now. It would be exactly Tool if they would announce their new album to come out at 2012-12-21. As a very good joke or something. I already see that coming.
Angel on the Sideline
03-01-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11235 View Post
Yeah, I could definitely see an end of the world release date. Good call.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Yeah, I could definitely see an end of the world release date. Good call.
frater H's Avatar frater H
05-02-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:

what do they all have in common?

thee people who are involved in them all have a spine

and the kndalini power rises in the spine to the crown to attain elightenment

and this is the same hidden energy (occult) that is being utilised in divination and all the different kinds of magik
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

what do they all have in common?

thee people who are involved in them all have a spine

and the kndalini power rises in the spine to the crown to attain elightenment

and this is the same hidden energy (occult) that is being utilised in divination and all the different kinds of magik
frater H's Avatar frater H
05-02-2012, 12:31 AM

also if you look at all the recommended books on danny careys sight the the talismans or sigils whatever they seem to be and the dark lore books and dont forget blake
compare the to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_magic
or this http://www.ixaxaar.com/pages/occult.php

you could make your own conclusion
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

also if you look at all the recommended books on danny careys sight the the talismans or sigils whatever they seem to be and the dark lore books and dont forget blake

05-04-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frater H View Post

Actually Kennith Grant is a bad place to start. Start with some of the books suggested on the tool site.. "Moonchild" by Crowley is the best place to start, then "dmt: the spirit molocule", then "Communing with the gods".

Once you familiarize your self with these then read "Book of THoth", and then "Book 4" by Crowley. Phylis Seckler has an incredible guide to the Tarot.. FAMILIARIZE YOUR SELF WITH THE TREE OF LIFE AND HOW IT RELATES TO THE TAROT.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by frater H View Post

Actually Kennith Grant is a bad place to start. Start with some of the books suggested on the tool site.. "Moonchild" by Crowley is the best place to start, then "dmt: the spirit molocule", then "Communing with the gods".

Once you familiarize your self with these then read "Book of THoth", and then "Book 4" by Crowley. Phylis Seckler has an incredible guide to the Tarot.. FAMILIARIZE YOUR SELF WITH THE TREE OF LIFE AND HOW IT RELATES TO THE TAROT.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM

from toolband.com/BMB newsletter
(XVII, JANIVIER, 2001 E.V.ET IN ARCADIA EGO...)

Q&A

Q: Hi, I've been reading Crowley for years; or rather I have been reading about Crowley for years. I sense a connection there but I have found his own writings rather inaccessible. Can you suggest a good starting point for the novice?

A: My suggestion would be to read the works of someone who elucidates Crowley's writings - someone like Kenneth Grant. Although Mr. Grant's writings are for advanced practitioners of the Arts, there are passages in his books, "The Magical Revival" and "A. C. and the Hidden God" which bring to light much of what is obscure in Crowley's own writings. Also, Mr. Grant introduces no blinds. If you want to read Crowley, himself, try "Book Four" and then "Magick."
Old 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #19
Level 10 - Vehement

from toolband.com/BMB newsletter
(XVII, JANIVIER, 2001 E.V.ET IN ARCADIA EGO...)

Q&A

Q: Hi, I've been reading Crowley for years; or rather I have been reading about Crowley for years. I sense a connection there but I have found his own writings rather inaccessible. Can you suggest a good starting point for the novice?

A: My suggestion would be to read the works of someone who elucidates Crowley's writings - someone like Kenneth Grant. Although Mr. Grant's writings are for advanced practitioners of the Arts, there are passages in his books, "The Magical Revival" and "A. C. and the Hidden God" which bring to light much of what is obscure in Crowley's own writings. Also, Mr. Grant introduces no blinds. If you want to read Crowley, himself, try "Book Four" and then "Magick."
05-04-2012, 10:00 AM

also, get his book about crowley book collecting
Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #20
Level 10 - Vehement

also, get his book about crowley book collecting
06-26-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper0013 View Post

Actually, I would recommend starting with Israel Regardie's introduction books to the occult. Since he was a close adversary of Crowley and worked with him within the Golden Dawn. Read his "A Garden of Pomegranates" and "Tree of Life" works, which are actually recommended readings before attempting to delve into the Golden Dawn rituals.

Garden of Pomegranates is no light read either. It is as thick as a bible almost and is all encompassing and extremely informative.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper0013 View Post

Actually, I would recommend starting with Israel Regardie's introduction books to the occult. Since he was a close adversary of Crowley and worked with him within the Golden Dawn. Read his "A Garden of Pomegranates" and "Tree of Life" works, which are actually recommended readings before attempting to delve into the Golden Dawn rituals.

Garden of Pomegranates is no light read either. It is as thick as a bible almost and is all encompassing and extremely informative.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply