opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 04-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
structure of the album

aenima has a clear structure thats obviously deliberate and should be really helpful to anyone trying to find all the tiny little connections between the songs. the cd is separated into halves by message to harry manback/hooker with a penis (i'm going to consider the little filler/intro tracks and the actual songs one song), and each half has 4 songs. one presents a problem (stinkfist and jimmy), one lashes out angrily at a thought structure that is holding the subject of the song (presumably maynard) back (eulogy for religion and aenema for la culture), one song is a strong emotional reaction to difficult change (h and pushit), and the last depicts enlightenment (46 and 2 and third eye). in shorter terms, the songs chronicle the solving a difficult psychological problem through painful change and consequent enlightenment. aenima, as an album, may just be 2 models or templates for positive change in the human mind (enemas for the anima) being split by one of maynards classic bitingly sarcastic songs as a palate cleanser of sorts.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42
Re: structure of the album

I like this idea, not completely convinced it's what the band intended, but a good idea nonetheless. I still think Aenima is the best... ummm....... atmospheric album they have done. Most of it makes me feel like i'm somewhere else, like the opening riff to Jimmy makes me feel as if i'm locked in a stone-walled dungeon or message to Harry Manback takes me to a cluttered tiny apartment with week-old pizzas and open beer bottles lying around.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

^ lol Good imagination my friend.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

i like this too. That's whats so great about tool albums, they make you think.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 272

its the same way with 10k days
its seperated into 4 halfs as well

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: