Old 04-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #481
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32
Re: tonight

Thanks, Kabir
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
waffel
04-14-2006, 12:01 PM

I woke up, read kabir's review and listened to the 30 second preview clip.

I had wood all morning.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #482
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

I woke up, read kabir's review and listened to the 30 second preview clip.

I had wood all morning.
profundo giallo's Avatar profundo giallo
04-14-2006, 12:41 PM

Great review and that 30 second clip sounded amazing, love the guitar on that.Never has 3 days seemed so long away!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #483
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Great review and that 30 second clip sounded amazing, love the guitar on that.Never has 3 days seemed so long away!
04-14-2006, 01:12 PM

if i hAD two more hands....id give that review four thumbs up
Old 04-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #484

Bincount™: 14

if i hAD two more hands....id give that review four thumbs up
04-14-2006, 01:42 PM

Great review....

Been so long since Lateralus, but from that review, sounds like everything I hoped it could be. Almost shed a tear of joy. Will be a long wait till the 2nd!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #485
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Great review....

Been so long since Lateralus, but from that review, sounds like everything I hoped it could be. Almost shed a tear of joy. Will be a long wait till the 2nd!
hobophobe's Avatar hobophobe
04-14-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
this record definitely had one moment which made me say "whoa, pink floyd!"
This is what gets me about the track listing. Very Animals to call those two tracks Wings (Pt. 1) and (Pt. 2); plus add in the talkbox.

But that's okay. They're doing something different this time, trying to see themselves almost for the first time *ahem* anyway. I look forward to hearing this album.

(edit to give a further guess/review of the review)
Quote:
So there I was, at a listening party ostensibly designed, very graciously, and at essentially no notice, for one. And then, in our hilariously clandestine "relocateable listening booth", the CD started.
please don't tell me he heard the album in a port-a-potty

Quote:
this one does not feature white space at the top.
That's surprising given he compares it to Pink Floyd, notorious for their whitespace
My pet theory on the Pink Floyd whitespace is you'd be sitting there stoned after putting a record on, nothing happens, you ask yourself,
"what album did we put on?" and then it finally kicks in.

Quote:
"Rosetta Stoned" really took me on a ride.
I imagine this may be one of the most Pink Floyd tracks. Based on his further description I imagined something like a heavier version of The Trial vocals in The Wall.

The mention of the meaning of 10,000 Days is very interesting. I wonder if Kabir had considered the meaning he's convinced of before hearing it, or if he thinks he could have guessed it beforehand.
\\/\\/\\/\\/\\//\//\//\//\//

Last edited by hobophobe; 04-14-2006 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: added thoughts on review
Old 04-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #486
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
this record definitely had one moment which made me say "whoa, pink floyd!"
This is what gets me about the track listing. Very Animals to call those two tracks Wings (Pt. 1) and (Pt. 2); plus add in the talkbox.

But that's okay. They're doing something different this time, trying to see themselves almost for the first time *ahem* anyway. I look forward to hearing this album.

(edit to give a further guess/review of the review)
Quote:
So there I was, at a listening party ostensibly designed, very graciously, and at essentially no notice, for one. And then, in our hilariously clandestine "relocateable listening booth", the CD started.
please don't tell me he heard the album in a port-a-potty

Quote:
this one does not feature white space at the top.
That's surprising given he compares it to Pink Floyd, notorious for their whitespace
My pet theory on the Pink Floyd whitespace is you'd be sitting there stoned after putting a record on, nothing happens, you ask yourself,
"what album did we put on?" and then it finally kicks in.

Quote:
"Rosetta Stoned" really took me on a ride.
I imagine this may be one of the most Pink Floyd tracks. Based on his further description I imagined something like a heavier version of The Trial vocals in The Wall.

The mention of the meaning of 10,000 Days is very interesting. I wonder if Kabir had considered the meaning he's convinced of before hearing it, or if he thinks he could have guessed it beforehand.

Last edited by hobophobe; 04-14-2006 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: added thoughts on review
rsh's Avatar rsh
04-14-2006, 02:44 PM

a review of a review jesus.

and i thought the talkbox shit was on the eagles song.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #487
rsh
be happy with what
you have to be happy with
Suicide Booth ID: 2

Bincount™: 18992

a review of a review jesus.

04-14-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanSoldierHelmet
I believe Jones was stating he liked the way the talkbox sounded on the Eagles song. The actual use of it was on the Tool album. On Animals there is use of a talkbox too, though.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #488
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanSoldierHelmet
I believe Jones was stating he liked the way the talkbox sounded on the Eagles song. The actual use of it was on the Tool album. On Animals there is use of a talkbox too, though.
Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
04-14-2006, 02:57 PM

cmon, its almost night up here in Ohio
Old 04-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #489
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

cmon, its almost night up here in Ohio
Spongebob's Avatar Spongebob
04-14-2006, 03:58 PM

I didn't read the review, i have decided to wait till it comes out. i haven't heard the 30 second clip yet either but i might have to give that a listen. kinda stupid though, 30 seconds of a tool song is always good because there is 3 or 4 minutes on either side of it.
It stays there like Excalibur
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cool dark steeled blade
Steal it, sheath it
In your lake
I drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need Heaven
Old 04-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #490
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1669

I didn't read the review, i have decided to wait till it comes out. i haven't heard the 30 second clip yet either but i might have to give that a listen. kinda stupid though, 30 seconds of a tool song is always good because there is 3 or 4 minutes on either side of it.
It stays there like Excalibur
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cool dark steeled blade
Steal it, sheath it
In your lake
I drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need Heaven
Unl1v3d's Avatar Unl1v3d
04-16-2006, 03:12 PM

Kabir thanks for that EXCELLENT reading, i'm even more excited about the new album!!
Thank you for that!!

Can i just ask you something? Is the album cover really that detail of alex grey innerbeing? Because i just can believe it is, not that is ugly or something like it, i actually like it, but i just don't believe that Tool would contract the same artist to make the album cover. And like it was said in the toolband.com, that image it's just to the websites that will sell the album to have someting to show right?

Even if you can't tell me that, thanks anyway!

Oh, also one more thing, i didn't see the new splash on toolband.com with the album art....

Thanks and sorry for my bad english, i'm from Portugal.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #491
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 45

Kabir thanks for that EXCELLENT reading, i'm even more excited about the new album!!
Thank you for that!!

Can i just ask you something? Is the album cover really that detail of alex grey innerbeing? Because i just can believe it is, not that is ugly or something like it, i actually like it, but i just don't believe that Tool would contract the same artist to make the album cover. And like it was said in the toolband.com, that image it's just to the websites that will sell the album to have someting to show right?

Oh, also one more thing, i didn't see the new splash on toolband.com with the album art....

04-16-2006, 03:40 PM

Kabir you bastard.

Now i'm too fucking stoked to write my paper.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #492
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Kabir you bastard.

Now i'm too fucking stoked to write my paper.
04-16-2006, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unl1v3d
Thank you for that!!

http://pick.toolband.com/
Old 04-16-2006, 03:42 PM   #493
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unl1v3d
Thank you for that!!

http://pick.toolband.com/
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM

Live From The Front Line...

"10,000 days in the fire is long enough, you're going home..." Holy fuck.
'Wings for Marie' is blowing my mind.

So the album just leaked about an hour ago. Earlier today at work I had read a post by someone claiming to be in Canada, who happened to work for a record store that just so happened to be getting two regional promotional copies of the album at some point later in the day. Everyone called bullshit.

Then about 75 minutes ago, the ToolNavy boards started to go crazy. One post: "The album has leaked."

Banned. Moderators -- who knows how many were recruited for the task this late in the game -- jumping on the slightest mention of the album. People immediately attempted to talk in code in order to safely discuss what was starting to happen between computers across the globe. Banned. Banned. New threads blown to a million bites before a single fellow poster had even seen that it had been created.

Eventually nothing could be said. The last new thread I saw posted was titled "It's eerily quiet around here...", and the poster wondered aloud why no was was speaking to each other anymore.

Then the board became unviewable by non-members for the first time ever. Another major Tool board is destroyed by multiple login attempts somewhere in the states.

By now Tim had spent about 20 minutes scouring the net for the album -- now completely without the aid of any Tool discussion boards posting links to it.

It first appeared on torrent sites requiring membership, but it continued to spread, exponentially picking up speed as it became available for the first time to a slightly lower caste of internet users. Then it was our turn. It came to us.

Oh... this is interesting. Maynard is singing like a woman. Fuck. This is going to get ugly. Ugly fast. (That is if the boards ever even come back online -- ever.)

TOOL has taken a page out of Radiohead's book. Notice I'm capitalising them again. This is important.

This is not TOOL folks. At least not the TOOL you knew. Immediate questions spring to mind:

Is it crap? Is it the biggest flop in the history of music? One of the biggest disappointments of your life? Sure, there have been moments of genius so far, but they seem to be few and far between. The soundscape is just so different. It is then that the secrecy surrounding the album becomes clear. Visions -- of Radiohead playing 'Kid A' on headphones to nervous music executives in the back of a moving van before its release -- spring to mind.

Or rather is the genius hidden inside somewhere? Deep inside? A gem you have to dig at to get? Like all classic albums, they grow on you slowly. They have to in order to have longevity. You're shocked at first. Saddened. Disappointed. This is not what you've been listening to for the past few years. This isn't what you told yourself it would be like. Like the first time I listened to 'Lateralus'. It wasn't 'Aenima'. Or the first time I listened to 'Kid A'. This isn't Radiohead. What's going on here?

But then something changes along the way, and you begin to see the genius lurking just behind the growing pains the band just forced you through. The production becomes clear, the attempt to completely shatter what was expected finds weight -- what was demanded by a public hungry for more of the same, hungry like few other music fans in the world, was tossed aside. Almost casually. The pressure. How do we respond? We don't give them an album like the last one. We can't. You can't go backwards. You can't give them a crappier version of the album they've fallen in love with over the years. It's what 99% of bands out there do.

If you're lucky enough to love a really great band, you're given change. It is their 'blues' album -- a blues album with a massive and constant atmospheric-soundtrack playing as a score to the sadness. The album isn't angry like 'Aenima'. The album isn't optimistic like 'Lateralus' either. This album is sad.

But wait a second. So which is it really? Crap? Genius?

I wish I knew music well enough to tell you on the first listen -- but I don't.

It will take time. Time I look forward spending reacquainting myself with an old friend.

Which gives all you out there time to hear about things other than TOOL. You can rejoice now.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #494
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

So the album just leaked about an hour ago. Earlier today at work I had read a post by someone claiming to be in Canada, who happened to work for a record store that just so happened to be getting two regional promotional copies of the album at some point later in the day. Everyone called bullshit.

Then about 75 minutes ago, the ToolNavy boards started to go crazy. One post: "The album has leaked."

Banned. Moderators -- who knows how many were recruited for the task this late in the game -- jumping on the slightest mention of the album. People immediately attempted to talk in code in order to safely discuss what was starting to happen between computers across the globe. Banned. Banned. New threads blown to a million bites before a single fellow poster had even seen that it had been created.

Eventually nothing could be said. The last new thread I saw posted was titled "It's eerily quiet around here...", and the poster wondered aloud why no was was speaking to each other anymore.

Then the board became unviewable by non-members for the first time ever. Another major Tool board is destroyed by multiple login attempts somewhere in the states.

By now Tim had spent about 20 minutes scouring the net for the album -- now completely without the aid of any Tool discussion boards posting links to it.

It first appeared on torrent sites requiring membership, but it continued to spread, exponentially picking up speed as it became available for the first time to a slightly lower caste of internet users. Then it was our turn. It came to us.

Oh... this is interesting. Maynard is singing like a woman. Fuck. This is going to get ugly. Ugly fast. (That is if the boards ever even come back online -- ever.)

TOOL has taken a page out of Radiohead's book. Notice I'm capitalising them again. This is important.

This is not TOOL folks. At least not the TOOL you knew. Immediate questions spring to mind:

Is it crap? Is it the biggest flop in the history of music? One of the biggest disappointments of your life? Sure, there have been moments of genius so far, but they seem to be few and far between. The soundscape is just so different. It is then that the secrecy surrounding the album becomes clear. Visions -- of Radiohead playing 'Kid A' on headphones to nervous music executives in the back of a moving van before its release -- spring to mind.

Or rather is the genius hidden inside somewhere? Deep inside? A gem you have to dig at to get? Like all classic albums, they grow on you slowly. They have to in order to have longevity. You're shocked at first. Saddened. Disappointed. This is not what you've been listening to for the past few years. This isn't what you told yourself it would be like. Like the first time I listened to 'Lateralus'. It wasn't 'Aenima'. Or the first time I listened to 'Kid A'. This isn't Radiohead. What's going on here?

But then something changes along the way, and you begin to see the genius lurking just behind the growing pains the band just forced you through. The production becomes clear, the attempt to completely shatter what was expected finds weight -- what was demanded by a public hungry for more of the same, hungry like few other music fans in the world, was tossed aside. Almost casually. The pressure. How do we respond? We don't give them an album like the last one. We can't. You can't go backwards. You can't give them a crappier version of the album they've fallen in love with over the years. It's what 99% of bands out there do.

If you're lucky enough to love a really great band, you're given change. It is their 'blues' album -- a blues album with a massive and constant atmospheric-soundtrack playing as a score to the sadness. The album isn't angry like 'Aenima'. The album isn't optimistic like 'Lateralus' either. This album is sad.

It will take time. Time I look forward spending reacquainting myself with an old friend.

Which gives all you out there time to hear about things other than TOOL. You can rejoice now.
04-18-2006, 05:08 PM

i really like this post.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]
Old 04-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #495
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116

i really like this post.

zapata_36's Avatar zapata_36
04-18-2006, 05:10 PM

Thank you Kabir.
I know you tried to say the same thing.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #496
Level 4 - Thinker

Thank you Kabir.
I know you tried to say the same thing.
04-18-2006, 05:14 PM

i love that post
Old 04-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #497
Level 4 - Thinker

i love that post
trentazer's Avatar trentazer
04-18-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata_36
You have summed up all of my thoughts into one post AND you have probably provided the only logical argument so far. You infinitely win.
--/ \
-/---\
Old 04-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #498
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
You have summed up all of my thoughts into one post AND you have probably provided the only logical argument so far. You infinitely win.
--/ \
-/---\
kabir's Avatar kabir
04-18-2006, 05:16 PM

well ... i can only say so much.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #499
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116

04-18-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Clearly. Though the last line of your review was tip enough for me.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #500
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Clearly. Though the last line of your review was tip enough for me.
04-18-2006, 05:23 PM

my sentiments exactly zap,

nicely done, great introduction
Old 04-18-2006, 05:23 PM   #501
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

my sentiments exactly zap,

nicely done, great introduction
optimistic-pessimist's Avatar optimistic-pessimist
04-18-2006, 10:49 PM

Yes... great post Zap. Though there's no doubt in my mind which way I'll view this album... genius.
Live TOOL: 08.03.97, 07.25.98, 08.06.98, 08.07.98, 07.01.01, 08.06.01, 08.07.01, 10.07.01, 10.13.01, 10.25.01, 10.27.01, 10.28.01, 07.26.02, 07.27.02, 07.29.02, 07.31.02, 08.01.02, 11.07.02, 11.08.02, 11.09.02, 11.15.02, 11.16.02, 04.30.06, 05.08.06, 05.19.06, 05.20.06, 08.27.06, 09.11.06, 09.14.06, 05.15.07, 05.17.07, 05.21.07, 05.22.07, 05.24.07, 05.25.07, 05.26.07...
Old 04-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #502
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yes... great post Zap. Though there's no doubt in my mind which way I'll view this album... genius.
Live TOOL: 08.03.97, 07.25.98, 08.06.98, 08.07.98, 07.01.01, 08.06.01, 08.07.01, 10.07.01, 10.13.01, 10.25.01, 10.27.01, 10.28.01, 07.26.02, 07.27.02, 07.29.02, 07.31.02, 08.01.02, 11.07.02, 11.08.02, 11.09.02, 11.15.02, 11.16.02, 04.30.06, 05.08.06, 05.19.06, 05.20.06, 08.27.06, 09.11.06, 09.14.06, 05.15.07, 05.17.07, 05.21.07, 05.22.07, 05.24.07, 05.25.07, 05.26.07...
osmosis2k's Avatar osmosis2k
04-19-2006, 03:22 PM

That was a great post.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #503
Level 4 - Thinker

That was a great post.
xPTCx
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM

BRAVO~! Zap
Old 04-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #504
Level 4 - Thinker

BRAVO~! Zap
04-19-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:

You almost made me cry.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:03 PM   #505
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18

Quote:

You almost made me cry.
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-19-2006, 09:44 PM

amazing post Zap. i like your optimism. we definately need more of that.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
Old 04-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #506
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

amazing post Zap. i like your optimism. we definately need more of that.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
Raginwhite
04-19-2006, 09:57 PM

I am amazed by the insight Zap. My anticipation is exceeded.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:57 PM   #507
Level 3 - Talker

I am amazed by the insight Zap. My anticipation is exceeded.
04-20-2006, 04:52 AM

Wow, ten responses in a row and no flaming.
It pays to hide your (stoned) first reaction to the album at the end of an old thread.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:52 AM   #508
Level 4 - Thinker

Wow, ten responses in a row and no flaming.
It pays to hide your (stoned) first reaction to the album at the end of an old thread.
04-20-2006, 06:16 AM

indeed, kudos to zap.
long time viewer, first time poster.
i'm a Mars Volta man myself, but TOOL has always lurked up on a huge galatic chair somewhere in my musical mind.
i haven't 'done the deed' yet and i wont, but the hullaballo that is all over the place about this record is interesting.
the thread entitled 'tool news' has 60 pages over at the comatorium and was 2 years old a couple of days ago. i believe something interesting is about to happen in the next couple of weeks, and although i live their, i shall now be active here, i hope i'm welcome.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #509
Level 1 - Lurker

indeed, kudos to zap.
long time viewer, first time poster.
i'm a Mars Volta man myself, but TOOL has always lurked up on a huge galatic chair somewhere in my musical mind.
i haven't 'done the deed' yet and i wont, but the hullaballo that is all over the place about this record is interesting.
the thread entitled 'tool news' has 60 pages over at the comatorium and was 2 years old a couple of days ago. i believe something interesting is about to happen in the next couple of weeks, and although i live their, i shall now be active here, i hope i'm welcome.
mingi
04-21-2006, 09:29 PM

wow zap, no way to really follow that. as per the ban --- I can only say that just like the others (cd's), this will stay for months in my cd player while other's were at times the same old TOOL and yet different. This will make you fell like that. There might be times like you said "what the F is that?". But now it is growning on me!!! .... haha. My wife keeps telling me stop humming, it is the first think i think of in the morning and well as the time of this post on a friday night. The last thing i am thinking of, the band the sounds the awwww. Thank god that this like the others. yes, as you said in your post, "it is sad", but i DON'T put TooL in to make me want to help an old lady. I like the hard sound the loooong cord that fades into the instant felling of "Fu$k yes that's TooL". For all you that have not listened to the sounds yet...... Wait for it.... let there be the rush.... wait for your panties to so hot. So that when it is released, it is more like that time with your woman, where you want to stick it in but you take the time, and when you reach for her panites and she lifts her ass just enought that you know she is ready.... be ready for it. I know the you other people here that have not heard it yet are sick of reading post by people like me. People that have had the sound burned into there minds, and we are all saying the same thing. It rock. It is TooL. You will love it. "Think for yourself" "Hold your load"

I am putting out my post not as big pile of wood for more of you to light the fire and flame on. Just take a second and think where i am going, i have been a fan as long as the rest of you. you will love the cd as much as the others!!!

--Mingi
Old 04-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #510
Level 1 - Lurker

wow zap, no way to really follow that. as per the ban --- I can only say that just like the others (cd's), this will stay for months in my cd player while other's were at times the same old TOOL and yet different. This will make you fell like that. There might be times like you said "what the F is that?". But now it is growning on me!!! .... haha. My wife keeps telling me stop humming, it is the first think i think of in the morning and well as the time of this post on a friday night. The last thing i am thinking of, the band the sounds the awwww. Thank god that this like the others. yes, as you said in your post, "it is sad", but i DON'T put TooL in to make me want to help an old lady. I like the hard sound the loooong cord that fades into the instant felling of "Fu$k yes that's TooL". For all you that have not listened to the sounds yet...... Wait for it.... let there be the rush.... wait for your panties to so hot. So that when it is released, it is more like that time with your woman, where you want to stick it in but you take the time, and when you reach for her panites and she lifts her ass just enought that you know she is ready.... be ready for it. I know the you other people here that have not heard it yet are sick of reading post by people like me. People that have had the sound burned into there minds, and we are all saying the same thing. It rock. It is TooL. You will love it. "Think for yourself" "Hold your load"

I am putting out my post not as big pile of wood for more of you to light the fire and flame on. Just take a second and think where i am going, i have been a fan as long as the rest of you. you will love the cd as much as the others!!!

--Mingi
Rosette feasted's Avatar Rosette feasted
04-22-2006, 04:04 AM

Quote:
crap!
Quote:
You can't give them a crappier version of the album they've fallen in love with over the years.
but they did!
tenthousand days sounds, like if a bad band tries to copy songs from aenima and lateralus!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:04 AM   #511
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
crap!
Quote:
You can't give them a crappier version of the album they've fallen in love with over the years.
but they did!
tenthousand days sounds, like if a bad band tries to copy songs from aenima and lateralus!
04-22-2006, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosette feasted
but they did!
'Vicarious', 'The Pot', and to a lesser extent, 'Rosetta Stoned' are the only tracks on this album that bare any resemblance to TOOL's past body of work.

I don't know what you're talking about. You might not like it, but it's all very fresh.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #512
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
but they did!
'Vicarious', 'The Pot', and to a lesser extent, 'Rosetta Stoned' are the only tracks on this album that bare any resemblance to TOOL's past body of work.

I don't know what you're talking about. You might not like it, but it's all very fresh.
Elementz
04-23-2006, 01:22 PM

"If you're lucky enough to love a really great band, you're given change. It is their 'blues' album -- a blues album with a massive and constant atmospheric-soundtrack playing as a score to the sadness."

I say BULLSHIT Zap. Look what happened to Metallica when they went bluesy...Its been a trainwreck for them ever sense. Not to mention all the die-hard fans they lost (including me) who grew up on Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and Justice for All. The Black album was just the beginning of Metallica's fall from grace. Everything since then has been a pile of crap. Lets hope TOOL decides not to travel this same path.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #513
Level 4 - Thinker

"If you're lucky enough to love a really great band, you're given change. It is their 'blues' album -- a blues album with a massive and constant atmospheric-soundtrack playing as a score to the sadness."

I say BULLSHIT Zap. Look what happened to Metallica when they went bluesy...Its been a trainwreck for them ever sense. Not to mention all the die-hard fans they lost (including me) who grew up on Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and Justice for All. The Black album was just the beginning of Metallica's fall from grace. Everything since then has been a pile of crap. Lets hope TOOL decides not to travel this same path.
mjr
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz

hey i like black album and don't really like 10k days :-/
Old 04-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #514
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz

hey i like black album and don't really like 10k days :-/
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
04-24-2006, 06:02 PM

great read kabir..i cant wait to have it in my hands
Old 04-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #515
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

great read kabir..i cant wait to have it in my hands
04-28-2006, 04:23 AM

Quote:
crap!

but they did!
If you are that dissapointed with it, why would even bother coming back and posting?
Do you think people who love the album, want to hear your simplistic, non relevant opinion? Zap gave us a wonderful insight into his own individual initial emotions with the album. You gave us 'crap!'
I will let the contrast sink in.
STFU.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:23 AM   #516

Quote:
crap!

but they did!
If you are that dissapointed with it, why would even bother coming back and posting?
Do you think people who love the album, want to hear your simplistic, non relevant opinion? Zap gave us a wonderful insight into his own individual initial emotions with the album. You gave us 'crap!'
I will let the contrast sink in.
STFU.
04-28-2006, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingi

--Mingi
Holy shit that made my head hurt....
Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #517
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingi

--Mingi
Holy shit that made my head hurt....
SiGuy's Avatar SiGuy
04-30-2006, 08:19 AM

mabye you guys should listen to the album a few more times and sorta figure out that it might be relavent.
every day
good... so what's the problem?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:19 AM   #518
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 69

mabye you guys should listen to the album a few more times and sorta figure out that it might be relavent.
every day
good... so what's the problem?
JOK3R
05-09-2006, 01:23 AM

very good read. thanks kabir.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 AM   #519
On Probation

very good read. thanks kabir.
Lysanderdarkstar's Avatar Lysanderdarkstar
06-07-2006, 05:28 PM

kabir you pwn reviews i hereby name thee lord sire knight kabir pwner of reviews .... i know i read it like a lot later but i still enjoyed it... i'm kinda slow some times ... no alot of times... any way Massive thanks Kabir *does his happy dance*
Old 06-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #520
Level 4 - Thinker

kabir you pwn reviews i hereby name thee lord sire knight kabir pwner of reviews .... i know i read it like a lot later but i still enjoyed it... i'm kinda slow some times ... no alot of times... any way Massive thanks Kabir *does his happy dance*

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply