opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 10. Disposition
User Name
Password
Old 12-16-2002, 12:19 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
Is this anyone else's fav. live.

You know, this tune is simply awesome. If you see this live, and you work your way up as close as possible to the stage, Justin's bassline's in this song devastate me. You can feel every note rock your body, for those that have experienced this, ya'll must know what I'm talking about, if not, then your not close enough. This is one song that I tend not to give a shit about if you know what I mean, I don't even have an interpretation. It stops me dead in my tracks every time I think about seeing it live, or when I crank it on any stereo. I'm a pretty straight shooter, that's not into feelings too much, but this one is so different, anyone understand?
P.S. Did you ever see the crowd during this one too?, it's like watching thousands of braindead kids, simpleyet powerful. I think it's gotta be the delay effects on the string instuments, very trancy......listen to me rambling....shut up....okay..bye.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:17 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
You got one thing right...if any one song seems to really captivate the entire audience, I think it's this one. Nobody really sings along, and you'd have one hell of a time moshing to it, but it just encapsulates everyone in the crowd everytime they play it, sucks them in, captures them. Then, of course, you lead into the totally mesmerizing "Reflection"/Triad" combo, so TooL kinda has a grasp on the audience for a good 20+ minutes as soon as those first bass notes start.

On a side note, I'd also like to say that "Disposition" has one of my favorite basslines ever. It's too simple to be denied. Just listen to those harmonics, baby!
Old 12-24-2002, 06:40 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
dude

Dude, thanks, that was the first thread I ever started, and no-one wanted to reply, my thanks, you know what, every time people start chillin to that bassline, I find that they think the show, or the record "died down", weird huh. Who knew that three bass notes with your before mentioned harmonics, and some heavy delay could entertain people like you and me,......
Old 12-29-2002, 10:29 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

That was one of my fav's of the concert. It was so uplifting and trancing, i love that song.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:36 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

I don't even want to analyze it. There just seems to be a calm, subdued perfection to that song/movement. The harmonics, the delay the acoustic...it's to me a part of the lateralus that sadly may go unnoticed.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:54 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
you're definetly right. i can't help but analyze this song though, but the great thing about it, is its simplicity. tool songs are so complex and multilayered and could have an infinete number of meanings, but this song is just about sitting back and taking it in. in a way, this song is related to ticks and leeches i think. in T&L maynard just says "fuck it" and rips everything to shreads, releasing so much anger, but disposition just makes me want to sit outside on a calm day and look at the sky and relax.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:45 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

hmmmm

I dont know why I wanted to mention this but the chord progressions from Disposition are used beautifully in reflection in places and noticably in adams last solo, this, for me gives the feeling of the songs being a whole, the D/R/T being one. Ok, useless information i know... im repeating everyone else.......
Good thread tho
Old 02-02-2003, 07:07 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

live

when tool plated last year in april in sydney i dunno if you went i listen to this song on repeat for hours and hours
anyway yeh i love it
but when they did it live they had some sort of infinity symbal all green and shit going around the stage when it was played and the hole congos and justins bass all worked so well
just tryin to say it was cool live with the lights and all

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: