Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
LoKi's Avatar LoKi
03-10-2006, 01:53 AM

this dude was open to us and came out of the closet so we puched him in the head LOL
Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #41
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 181
Re: A VERY PERTINANT (pile of crap I just laid)

this dude was open to us and came out of the closet so we puched him in the head LOL
03-10-2006, 01:58 AM

I don't really listen to tool that much, if at all.

FAIL.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:58 AM   #42
Virgin colada, no rum

Bincount™: 12673

I don't really listen to tool that much, if at all.

FAIL.
OFFLINE |  
bo bo
03-10-2006, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a big stupid dumbass
I was at this nails concert the other night and I just roamed the lobby looking around at the different types of people (not many different types) that were present for the show. I started to realize that I was completely out of place and really didn't know why. I really don't want to do this, but I think I should probably explain the context out of which the initial post came from so that you quick responders out their won't have trouble sleeping tonight. I honestly do like music and was fairly excited about music when I first got into the band tool. I think I was 12 or something ridiculous like that. I am 22 now, deeply entrenched within psychology and philosophy and preparing to start graduate work. I am upset, registered and posted the pile of crap, and gave myself the moniker 'a big stupid dumbass' because it is all very apt. I apologize if the thread is too naive for your tastes. I realize that there are a serious amount of people, myself included, that take all of this stuff having to do with this band way out of proportion. Yeah the music is great, the creative energy brimming, and the ideas enveloping the sound are ground breaking within a musical context, but the arena in which this is all taking place is highly suspect. The music that you will hear in a couple of months is not going to save you from having to care for your parents when they are dying in front of your eyes. It will not cure the ailments which will most likely kill you. And it certainly will not help you to find new avenues for your life if you are increasingly focused on only it.
I have learned alot about how little I know about the world. I am still a big stupid dumbass and I am very quick to admit that. If it ever comes to the point where I stop thinking that, then I would rather not be here. Tool helped me bridge my attention toward other lines of thought that I am very greatful to have glimpsed, but they also turned me into a drooling idiot that asks how high to jump. I know that I am probably not the only one that has troubles dealing with these attentional fixations so I thought that I would post the pile of crap to help pull others, as well as myself, out of the muck. It didn't work. I'll gaze in awe at the new album reviews that will be coming out soon and probably listen to the album 10 times the first day that I buy it. I thought that I might tear away from this madness and be able to bring others along as well, but it will end within a hypocritical puff from a fog machine. We can still try though. Sorry if I am just scratching at your last nerve, but I am serious about being here in this world and trying to place myself as well as you within the best environment possible. Sometimes selflessness and a bit of scolding is the ticket, obviously this time it was not.
I like these, long, trying to show everyone that I am a good writer, posts.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:21 AM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
I was at this nails concert the other night and I just roamed the lobby looking around at the different types of people (not many different types) that were present for the show. I started to realize that I was completely out of place and really didn't know why. I really don't want to do this, but I think I should probably explain the context out of which the initial post came from so that you quick responders out their won't have trouble sleeping tonight. I honestly do like music and was fairly excited about music when I first got into the band tool. I think I was 12 or something ridiculous like that. I am 22 now, deeply entrenched within psychology and philosophy and preparing to start graduate work. I am upset, registered and posted the pile of crap, and gave myself the moniker 'a big stupid dumbass' because it is all very apt. I apologize if the thread is too naive for your tastes. I realize that there are a serious amount of people, myself included, that take all of this stuff having to do with this band way out of proportion. Yeah the music is great, the creative energy brimming, and the ideas enveloping the sound are ground breaking within a musical context, but the arena in which this is all taking place is highly suspect. The music that you will hear in a couple of months is not going to save you from having to care for your parents when they are dying in front of your eyes. It will not cure the ailments which will most likely kill you. And it certainly will not help you to find new avenues for your life if you are increasingly focused on only it.
I have learned alot about how little I know about the world. I am still a big stupid dumbass and I am very quick to admit that. If it ever comes to the point where I stop thinking that, then I would rather not be here. Tool helped me bridge my attention toward other lines of thought that I am very greatful to have glimpsed, but they also turned me into a drooling idiot that asks how high to jump. I know that I am probably not the only one that has troubles dealing with these attentional fixations so I thought that I would post the pile of crap to help pull others, as well as myself, out of the muck. It didn't work. I'll gaze in awe at the new album reviews that will be coming out soon and probably listen to the album 10 times the first day that I buy it. I thought that I might tear away from this madness and be able to bring others along as well, but it will end within a hypocritical puff from a fog machine. We can still try though. Sorry if I am just scratching at your last nerve, but I am serious about being here in this world and trying to place myself as well as you within the best environment possible. Sometimes selflessness and a bit of scolding is the ticket, obviously this time it was not.
I like these, long, trying to show everyone that I am a good writer, posts.
OFFLINE |  
circulus's Avatar circulus
03-10-2006, 03:19 AM

Quote:
I was at this nails concert the other night and I just roamed the lobby looking around at the different types of people (not many different types) that were present for the show. I started to realize that I was completely out of place and really didn't know why. I really don't want to do this, but I think I ....
TLDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear
The point I was making is....this is probably the only post this guy is going to make under this name.
I agree.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:19 AM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
I was at this nails concert the other night and I just roamed the lobby looking around at the different types of people (not many different types) that were present for the show. I started to realize that I was completely out of place and really didn't know why. I really don't want to do this, but I think I ....
TLDR.

Quote:
The point I was making is....this is probably the only post this guy is going to make under this name.
I agree.
03-10-2006, 05:25 AM

I believe Sir Arthur Conan Doyle summed it all up back in the 18th century when he was quoted as saying:

"balls" ~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:25 AM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 22

I believe Sir Arthur Conan Doyle summed it all up back in the 18th century when he was quoted as saying:

"balls" ~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
03-10-2006, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I was at this nails concert the other night and I just roamed the lobby looking around at the different types of people (not many different types) /snizzipped.

i appreciate that youre now a college student and have gained some enlightenment from your studies, and you have learned to at least admit what you say isnt the law and call yourself a dumbass. but you do so in the context of preaching, so you really are just hiding behind a cute little method you discovered from aristotle. give yourself ten years more, and maybe you will understand what the man meant when he said he was smart enough to admit what he doesnt know.

and please, from your mystic high chair, do tell us what the WORTHWHILE TEXTS are....
Old 03-10-2006, 07:18 AM   #46
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
I was at this nails concert the other night and I just roamed the lobby looking around at the different types of people (not many different types) /snizzipped.

i appreciate that youre now a college student and have gained some enlightenment from your studies, and you have learned to at least admit what you say isnt the law and call yourself a dumbass. but you do so in the context of preaching, so you really are just hiding behind a cute little method you discovered from aristotle. give yourself ten years more, and maybe you will understand what the man meant when he said he was smart enough to admit what he doesnt know.

and please, from your mystic high chair, do tell us what the WORTHWHILE TEXTS are....
OFFLINE |  
mike tyson's Avatar mike tyson
03-10-2006, 08:15 AM

Quote:
The point I was making is....this is probably the only post this guy is going to make under this name. He made that name just to be an ass. If we were to see another post buy this person, it would just be more shit talking, hence the point of the name. This is just trolling in my opinion.

And to answer your question....no, im not a bear. The idea of a bear typing away on a computer is silly, but perhaps not impossible if given a giant keyboard. I mean....they can drive little cars, so maybe a net surfing Bear isn't so far fetched.
lol you were wrong
Old 03-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #47
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

Quote:
The point I was making is....this is probably the only post this guy is going to make under this name. He made that name just to be an ass. If we were to see another post buy this person, it would just be more shit talking, hence the point of the name. This is just trolling in my opinion.

And to answer your question....no, im not a bear. The idea of a bear typing away on a computer is silly, but perhaps not impossible if given a giant keyboard. I mean....they can drive little cars, so maybe a net surfing Bear isn't so far fetched.
lol you were wrong
OFFLINE |  
Dharma Bear's Avatar Dharma Bear
03-10-2006, 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=mike tyson]lol you were wrong[/QUOTE

OMG lol!!!11.......But anyways, yes I was wrong, he made another post. But I was right about something, I said that if he were to make another post, it would just be more shit....and it was.

Silver Star is better then no star. :)
Old 03-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 137

[QUOTE=mike tyson]lol you were wrong[/QUOTE

OMG lol!!!11.......But anyways, yes I was wrong, he made another post. But I was right about something, I said that if he were to make another post, it would just be more shit....and it was.

Silver Star is better then no star. :)
03-10-2006, 02:00 PM

i love that this thread is like 48 posts of noob thrashing. ::squirt::
Old 03-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

i love that this thread is like 48 posts of noob thrashing. ::squirt::
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
hahahahaha. im at work and just laughed out really loudly and got a few odd looks as a result, but it was worth it.
"Am I a pretty girl?"
Old 03-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #50
Super Goof or Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen? You decide

Bincount™: 1563

Quote:
hahahahaha. im at work and just laughed out really loudly and got a few odd looks as a result, but it was worth it.
"Am I a pretty girl?"
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
03-10-2006, 03:30 PM

Like you can suggest that we don't experience the album as a whole

worst idea ever.

although I will try my best not to kill the album by listening to it 2000 times the first week.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #51
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Like you can suggest that we don't experience the album as a whole

worst idea ever.

although I will try my best not to kill the album by listening to it 2000 times the first week.
03-10-2006, 03:32 PM

worst section ever and initial post ever.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

05-01-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus
I'm gonna have to go ahead and apologize for this one, I was up late one night and I was looking through some of the shit on this forum, and I just went off. It was completely spontaneous and it won't happen again. Even more, there were some ridiculous typos in it and I'm not sure people understand symbolic logic. I've spent some time making up for it by trying to post good threads and messages only. Once again, If anyone has gotton this far in the thread, I'm sorry for the universal flame. Now that I understand that this forum isn't all bad, and alot of good things can come from it and the people here, please forgive me.

Last edited by a big stupid dumbass; 05-01-2006 at 01:57 PM..
Old 05-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #53
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus
I'm gonna have to go ahead and apologize for this one, I was up late one night and I was looking through some of the shit on this forum, and I just went off. It was completely spontaneous and it won't happen again. Even more, there were some ridiculous typos in it and I'm not sure people understand symbolic logic. I've spent some time making up for it by trying to post good threads and messages only. Once again, If anyone has gotton this far in the thread, I'm sorry for the universal flame. Now that I understand that this forum isn't all bad, and alot of good things can come from it and the people here, please forgive me.

Last edited by a big stupid dumbass; 05-01-2006 at 01:57 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply