opin.menu.register.jpgopin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Reply
Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: maumee oh
Posts: 134
Bincount™: 1
May release!!!!

Record stores are getting reports of a May drop for a dvd from Tool. The date is not set but....can you say "The Pot"?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

"the Pot"

I dont think It will happen in May. I expect to see a leak beforehand that'd quicken the release date, or some delay
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
seeyouauntie
 
Carny_Handles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pen15
Posts: 3,953
Bincount™: 8695
Re: May release!!!!

um its may, there would be news of a dvd release by now. whats up?
__________________
i'm better than you
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Smokes poutine every day
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 7,133
Bincount™: 6367
Re: May release!!!!

*waits for youtube link*
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Jedi Master
 
Rolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 4,033
Bincount™: 2635
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
um its may, there would be news of a dvd release by now. whats up?
^
What he said.
__________________
JOIN THE ACADEMY
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

maybe.....they meant May 2010!? heh yeah right
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
Terry21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: -
Posts: 995
Bincount™: 60
Re: May release!!!!

may not.

very awesome to release a video 3 years after the album came out,
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:47 AM   #8
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

if any would do it, it'd be tool haha
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #9
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,016
Bincount™: 7922
Re: May release!!!!

cant wait to see another puppet show video
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement
 
Yast3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,557
Bincount™: 480
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21 View Post
may not.

very awesome to release a video 3 years after the album came out,
And to make it worse, it's the first single from that album.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Meh, an album of covers is definitely in the making imo
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
Jedi Master
 
Rolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 4,033
Bincount™: 2635
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crincled View Post
cant wait to see another puppet show video
Try the Muppet Show
__________________
JOIN THE ACADEMY
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #13
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Statler and Waldorf are the greatest EVER!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
On Probation
 
cantkeepmeaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TOOLVILLE
Posts: 338
Bincount™: 55
Re: May release!!!!

what happened
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #15
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

It didn't happen.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #16
Jedi Master
 
Rolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 4,033
Bincount™: 2635
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
Meh, an album of covers is definitely in the making imo
Now this is something nobody would expect, so yes!
__________________
JOIN THE ACADEMY
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Nice Av Rolo.

I would laugh if they did covers of pop songs.
*thinks of toolified version of Sugar Rays 'Answer the Phone' and mind=blown*
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:12 AM   #18
Jedi Master
 
Rolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 4,033
Bincount™: 2635
Re: May release!!!!

A Tool interp of Pink Floyd's "the wall" would be nice.
__________________
JOIN THE ACADEMY
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #19
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

A Tool movie akin to the Wall would be brill.

but covers would be cool
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #20
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,016
Bincount™: 7922
Re: May release!!!!

fuck Pink Floyd.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #21
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Fuck Tool.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
 
Alex in Chains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Robocop, North Montonia
Posts: 1,673
Bincount™: 2934
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
Statler and Waldorf are the greatest EVER!!
QFT
__________________
<e4t> I added a lime and it tastes fucking salty or somethin
<nChainz> did you add salt?
<e4t> no I'm not drinkin' martinis ffs
<ru5ty> wat
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #23
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

^
Good to know there are others around who appreciate that kinda stuff.

I'm a little tentative about Tool's direction at the moment, looks like they're on the verge of running out of ideas. Wonder if the next album will be positively vibed? would make a change.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:04 AM   #24
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,016
Bincount™: 7922
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
^
Good to know there are others around who appreciate that kinda stuff.

I'm a little tentative about Tool's direction at the moment, looks like they're on the verge of running out of ideas. Wonder if the next album will be positively vibed? would make a change.
wasnt Lateralus that kind of album, tho?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #25
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Positive album? Lateralus?

Lateralus was attempting for the positive vibe with the last D/R/T trio i think, but despite the uplifting lyrics, the music and vibes were still more grim determination to get out of the 'hole' than an alternative 'everythings gonna be alright' vibe.

10,000 days, still a sad album. Is it not possible for Tool to create an uplifting song, both lyrically AND musically?

Although some can argue Intension as a 'relaxing song', its still not particularly happy
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #26
Level 10 - Vehement
 
Yast3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,557
Bincount™: 480
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
Positive album? Lateralus?

Lateralus was attempting for the positive vibe with the last D/R/T trio i think, but despite the uplifting lyrics, the music and vibes were still more grim determination to get out of the 'hole' than an alternative 'everythings gonna be alright' vibe.

10,000 days, still a sad album. Is it not possible for Tool to create an uplifting song, both lyrically AND musically?

Although some can argue Intension as a 'relaxing song', its still not particularly happy
So in other words you want Tool to go a bit, dare I say it, poppy?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #27
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Nothing so extreme i guess.
I'd like Tool to release something less doom and gloom, Release something with a vibe akin to.....

Grinning Mouths by Isis?
Glass Arm Shattering by Porcupine Tree?

Something to finish an album on a 'positiver' note.

The way i see it, Tools discography so far has been three hours of Isolation down a well, at night, all I'm asking is for a little sunshine and hope?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement
 
Yast3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,557
Bincount™: 480
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
Nothing so extreme i guess.
I'd like Tool to release something less doom and gloom, Release something with a vibe akin to.....

Grinning Mouths by Isis?
Glass Arm Shattering by Porcupine Tree?

Something to finish an album on a 'positiver' note.

The way i see it, Tools discography so far has been three hours of Isolation down a well, at night, all I'm asking is for a little sunshine and hope?
I think they need to take a harder look at the Melvin's discography and see how they create such energetic and fun songs while being a serious band. I am in complete agreement with you, I'd love to see a more cheerful Tool, but I'm not sure they'd be able to pull it off and still have the 'Tool' feel. And of course there would be the massive outrage from their fans. "PUSCIFER KILLED TOOL", etc.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #29
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
I think they need to take a harder look at the Melvin's discography and see how they create such energetic and fun songs while being a serious band. I am in complete agreement with you, I'd love to see a more cheerful Tool, but I'm not sure they'd be able to pull it off and still have the 'Tool' feel. And of course there would be the massive outrage from their fans. "PUSCIFER KILLED TOOL", etc.
Exactly, you raised the point of a "more cheerful Tool, but I'm not sure they'd be able to pull it off and still have the 'Tool' feel"

It could be said that Tool has a disposition to create negative vibes in songs, but in their albums since Undertow, i believe there are attempts at breaking away from that vibe.

I haven't listened to the Melvins yet, must do that sometime.
Indeed, to end their next (and probably last) album, they should create a song that's grandiose and happy. That'd be an ideal way to end their discography.

Nice Av by the way :)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #30
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,016
Bincount™: 7922
Re: May release!!!!

lateralus was a spiritually positive album, imo. i feel tool just isnt a band that would put out a cheerful album... though id be all for it. id like to see how that turns out.

i need to listen to the melvins, too. though that buzz's fro kills it for me :p
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #31
Level 10 - Vehement
 
Yast3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,557
Bincount™: 480
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Hmm. 10,000 Days (song) had a positive side effect. Lateralus was a message album.

Rosetta Stoned was uplifiting in its own funny way.
Yeah, but as MON said, you can never just tune out the music (not that you'd want to) and get a happy or optimistic vibe from the music. It's all doom and gloom in the Tool world, despite having uplifting and spiritual lyrics in some of the songs.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #32
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Rosetta stoned is doom and gloom, cus I can't follow the drugged lyrics. Seriously though, its not uplifting, its more cynical i guess.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #33
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,016
Bincount™: 7922
Re: May release!!!!

RS is funny.

and fucking amazing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #34
Jedi Master
 
Rolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 4,033
Bincount™: 2635
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
Seriously though, its not uplifting, its more cynical i guess.
Funny yet tragic, imo
__________________
JOIN THE ACADEMY
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 326
Bincount™: 488
Re: May release!!!!

I can think of only one instance of Tool being uplifting, and that's the middle part of Lateralus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crincled View Post
lateralus was a spiritually positive album, imo. i feel tool just isnt a band that would put out a cheerful album... though id be all for it. id like to see how that turns out.
It would probably be the best thing to ever happen to the planet. It's exactly what we need right now.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #36
On Probation
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 31
Bincount™: 3
Re: May release!!!!

christ some of you guys need to get a clue.
'running out of ideas'?
'less doom and gloom'?
do i recall aenima or opiate to be a positive, uplifting album?

i see people wish for tool to 'release something akin to Isis' (amazingly talented band)

but people, this is TOOL.

that you simply lack the ability to understand the direction of Lateralus or 10,000 days is plausible, but for you to speak shit about it simply for that reason and you dare call yourself tool fans? then im ashamed to be part of the collective.

no matter how you brag about how many posts you have on the forum or how many shows youve been to, you dont COMPREHEND what Tool are about in each of their albums.

And here i was, thinking all these years, that Tool fans were more intelligent than the rest of society, you morons have proved me wrong.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #37
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Made in New Zealand
Posts: 1,883
Bincount™: 189
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalentika View Post
And here i was, thinking all these years, that Tool fans were more intelligent than the rest of society, you morons have proved me wrong.
Tool fans, smarter than the rest of society? wow, thats..... hilarious.
Good taste in music does not equate to intelligence.

And, despite the singular joking 'Fuck tool' statement, i don't think anyone has spoken shit about Tools music. Some people don't mind cynical/ depressing /etc songs.

All i have said is that it would be nice for Tool to wrap up their next album with a 'ray of sunshine and hope'

No one has bragged about post count in this thread, as far as i have read anyway. regardless, its quality that counts, not quantity.

Anyway, you are not the first person to come in saying ' behold, i know the TRUE meaning of tools songs, and you're probably not gonna be the last either sadly. but go ahead, create a thread in the albums section and amaze us, by all means.

Last edited by Master_Of_Nothing; 07-19-2009 at 12:23 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:50 AM   #38
On Probation
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,016
Bincount™: 7922
Re: May release!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalentika View Post
christ some of you guys need to get a clue.
'running out of ideas'?
'less doom and gloom'?
do i recall aenima or opiate to be a positive, uplifting album?

i see people wish for tool to 'release something akin to Isis' (amazingly talented band)

but people, this is TOOL.

that you simply lack the ability to understand the direction of Lateralus or 10,000 days is plausible, but for you to speak shit about it simply for that reason and you dare call yourself tool fans? then im ashamed to be part of the collective.

no matter how you brag about how many posts you have on the forum or how many shows youve been to, you dont COMPREHEND what Tool are about in each of their albums.

And here i was, thinking all these years, that Tool fans were more intelligent than the rest of society, you morons have proved me wrong.
for self righteous talks about how tool fans and tool's music is better than anything else, please head over the collective unconscious.

Here we appreciate tool under a larger scope - that of the music world that it is a part of.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #39
Level 2 - Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5
Bincount™: 0
Re: May release!!!!

In the same opinion
__________________
Always in search for cool glitter
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker
 
ChaseNine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 22
Bincount™: 1
Re: May release!!!!

Do you guys know about the Salival Vinyl release? It's very new.

Anyways, I didn't see a video in May, and still haven't heard much about a music vid release. I don't know what you guys are talking about. But let me know if there is a new one! LOL... check out the Salival Vinyl.

That is, if you have a spare $50.
__________________
C9
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote


Reply

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Quick Reply
Your Reply:
Forum Jump

all posts © their respective authors. the tool page is not responsible for any of their thoughts, brilliant or otherwise.