opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 06. Swamp Song
User Name
Password
Old 07-10-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Bincount™: 5286
Underrated song?

Swamp Song is my favorite song on Undertow for many reasons. It one of the most strongly driven of all Tool´s songs. It has a tight structure with a well timed climax whist still keeping the chariteristic raw edge of the album. Also, when songs like Prison Sex and Undertow have too many different melodies and riffs for their length, and songs like Sober and Crawl Away have too few, or do not develope enough, Swamp Song seems to get the ballence just right. Another thing that stikes me about it is the resembalence in the guitar to The Patient, but Swamp Song and The Patient are very different songs to each other. This makes gives the song an interesting and unique flavour that no other song gives.

I noticed that Swamp Song has the least posts on Undertow, so I think it is generally underated. I would like to hear other peoples opinions on the song...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63
Re: Underrated song?

All of Undertow is underrated, excwept for Prison Sex and Sober of course.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Underrated song?

This song is my very favorite from Undertow just because it seems to me it's about an outlet for the frustration of someone who is messed up but crucifies those who try to offerhelp. I likethat plot for a song (probably not what He intended) and the twanginess to his voice is badass

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: