opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 12-26-2023, 10:29 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 289
Man at the store

Today at the grocery store I saw a man shopping alone who caught my eye. After a quick scan, I could see in his eyes that he was consumed by great loss. I could tell that it was love that was lost, as I could surly relate, as I’m in the same place. By the sulky look in his eyes, a smile had been disguised and hidden away. Losing someone who is in your heart creates much dismay. At this point it was evident that he was all lost in the supermarket, he can no longer shop happily…

Anyway, I had collected all of the grocery items in my cart and was checking out. The man that I saw was also checking out in the line next to this one. As we were heading out the door, he had dropped his keys, they jingled as they hit the floor. I picked them up and placed them in his warm hands. I looked him in his eyes and told him “This is all part of God’s plan.”

The he leaned in, to whisper in my ear, I leaned in even closer to make sure that I could hear. He whispered softly, “I miss you very very much, I love you my dear….Merry Christmas, we are both on the right path, and the destination is quite clear.”

I assumed that he didn’t have anyone to speak this to, and needed to express himself. Well that was actually quite sweet, so I looked him directly in his eyes and gave him a huge hug. Then I told him “be good to yourself, know that you are loved.” He smiled and then I smiled back at him. It’s amazing how powerful love is, no matter what situation you’re in.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: