Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
OneOneEleven
03-28-2011, 02:54 PM

For those who know what Thelema is: thoughts about this? I've noticed a huge influence from Crowley's teachings, as is easy to notice. The entirety of "10,000 Days" is riddled with Thelemic undertones, not to mention that the song "4(degrees)" is a direct reference to the hierarchy within O.T.O. I see it all as one of the bigger concepts to take from Tool, being one of many.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Tool and Thelema

For those who know what Thelema is: thoughts about this? I've noticed a huge influence from Crowley's teachings, as is easy to notice. The entirety of "10,000 Days" is riddled with Thelemic undertones, not to mention that the song "4(degrees)" is a direct reference to the hierarchy within O.T.O. I see it all as one of the bigger concepts to take from Tool, being one of many.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
03-28-2011, 07:13 PM

i suggest you look for the thread in the 10000 days artwork section thats devoted to cracking the artwork puzzle.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: Tool and Thelema

i suggest you look for the thread in the 10000 days artwork section thats devoted to cracking the artwork puzzle.
Mosis's Avatar Mosis
03-30-2011, 08:36 PM

4 degrees is about butt sex, n00b
Old 03-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 269

Yondo's Avatar Yondo
04-27-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
A-fucking-greed.

It's almost a discussion on Alchemy and Thelema with some light mentioning of the artwork thrown in...keenly interesting.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
A-fucking-greed.

It's almost a discussion on Alchemy and Thelema with some light mentioning of the artwork thrown in...keenly interesting.
05-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosis View Post
OneOne knows what he is talking about. I have it on good authority.. Begin that i am affiliated with OTO members.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosis View Post
OneOne knows what he is talking about. I have it on good authority.. Begin that i am affiliated with OTO members.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
05-17-2011, 01:12 PM

This is true how ever none of the band members subscribe to any definitive Thelemic society.
Frat boys and all can be a benefit for some and a hindrance for others.

As for the Thelemic symbols i have posted several of them, in the puzzle thread... And more come as i learn more bout the way of reunification. The point behind the puzzle and the entire project that is tool i believe, is encouragement to walk the path, and the puzzle seems like an entertaining introductory method. for those interested, be willing to go beneath surface perceptions for they are incomplete,, and every phenomenon can be look at from different angles. For this reason investigation is necessary.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

This is true how ever none of the band members subscribe to any definitive Thelemic society.
Frat boys and all can be a benefit for some and a hindrance for others.

As for the Thelemic symbols i have posted several of them, in the puzzle thread... And more come as i learn more bout the way of reunification. The point behind the puzzle and the entire project that is tool i believe, is encouragement to walk the path, and the puzzle seems like an entertaining introductory method. for those interested, be willing to go beneath surface perceptions for they are incomplete,, and every phenomenon can be look at from different angles. For this reason investigation is necessary.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply