Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
maizystar's Avatar maizystar
02-07-2011, 06:25 PM

Did you know that is was almost exactly 10,000 days since Maynards mother had a stroke that paralized her before she died? Hence the album tiltle..... The songs wings for Marie & 10,000 days (wings part 2) are for her....
Old 02-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
10,000days - Why the name??

Did you know that is was almost exactly 10,000 days since Maynards mother had a stroke that paralized her before she died? Hence the album tiltle..... The songs wings for Marie & 10,000 days (wings part 2) are for her....
02-07-2011, 07:13 PM

Who sticky'd this thread?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635
Re: 10,000days - Why the name??

02-07-2011, 08:09 PM

holy shit! that's fucking deep, man - i never knew

... lol -_-
Old 02-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 269

holy shit! that's fucking deep, man - i never knew

... lol -_-
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
02-07-2011, 08:12 PM

maizystars avatar makes me sticky
Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

maizystars avatar makes me sticky
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM

1 axial rotation = 1 day. so 10,000 either refers to the full orbital rotation - which would equate 1 year for the celestial body - or some sort of sacred harmonic cut within that period. the first thing i heard was that it corresponds to the enhaloed planet saturn ...which takes 10,759.22 EARTH days to complete it's orbit. many tool motifs match the planet saturn. it is the furthest of the seven heavenly bodies from both the sun and the earth. its relative metal (of antiquity) is lead (82) which apparently initiates a mnemonic for an electrical conductivity system (??? any aspiring alchemists out there?). according to genesis, saturday was the final day of creation, the day before an all-powerful god took one for himself. but now what? well, there exists a slow-moving axial rotation of a three-fold harmonic relation between the orbital periods of jupiter and saturn; that is to say, approximately every twenty years ...if you were to stare off e terra firma towards the heavens, imaging the patterns of these two distant, superior beings making their dance around the sun... you would see a HUGE equilateral triangle complete its image. from here, we could as easily imagine that we are buzzing around for the energy of the sun(flower) within the honey comb (hexagon) of time. 3 > 6 > 12. circles, zodiacal calendar, disciples, rooms, all twelve around one - as above, so below, the solar system is a bee hive - right? we've known this for thousands of years, moving on... "the bottom diagram shows the relative speeds of orbit of earth, jupiter, and saturn. we start with the three planets in a line at 12 o'clock. earth orbits much faster than the outer planets and makes a while annual circuit of the sun (365.2 days) before lining up with slow saturn again for a synod after 378.1 days. three weeks later it lines up with jupiter (after 398.9 days). richard heath recently revealed that the GOLDEN RATIO (honeybucket) is defined here in TIME AND SPACE to an accuracy of 99.99%! it should come as no surprise to discover the two giants of our solar system reinforcing the proportion of life on earth" (from john martineau's "a little book of coincidence: patterns in the solar system"). music of the spheres indeed.

or maybe 10000 is simply a ONE ahead of four ZEROs...
or it's something else... i thought the saturn thing was interesting.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

1 axial rotation = 1 day. so 10,000 either refers to the full orbital rotation - which would equate 1 year for the celestial body - or some sort of sacred harmonic cut within that period. the first thing i heard was that it corresponds to the enhaloed planet saturn ...which takes 10,759.22 EARTH days to complete it's orbit. many tool motifs match the planet saturn. it is the furthest of the seven heavenly bodies from both the sun and the earth. its relative metal (of antiquity) is lead (82) which apparently initiates a mnemonic for an electrical conductivity system (??? any aspiring alchemists out there?). according to genesis, saturday was the final day of creation, the day before an all-powerful god took one for himself. but now what? well, there exists a slow-moving axial rotation of a three-fold harmonic relation between the orbital periods of jupiter and saturn; that is to say, approximately every twenty years ...if you were to stare off e terra firma towards the heavens, imaging the patterns of these two distant, superior beings making their dance around the sun... you would see a HUGE equilateral triangle complete its image. from here, we could as easily imagine that we are buzzing around for the energy of the sun(flower) within the honey comb (hexagon) of time. 3 > 6 > 12. circles, zodiacal calendar, disciples, rooms, all twelve around one - as above, so below, the solar system is a bee hive - right? we've known this for thousands of years, moving on... "the bottom diagram shows the relative speeds of orbit of earth, jupiter, and saturn. we start with the three planets in a line at 12 o'clock. earth orbits much faster than the outer planets and makes a while annual circuit of the sun (365.2 days) before lining up with slow saturn again for a synod after 378.1 days. three weeks later it lines up with jupiter (after 398.9 days). richard heath recently revealed that the GOLDEN RATIO (honeybucket) is defined here in TIME AND SPACE to an accuracy of 99.99%! it should come as no surprise to discover the two giants of our solar system reinforcing the proportion of life on earth" (from john martineau's "a little book of coincidence: patterns in the solar system"). music of the spheres indeed.

02-07-2011, 09:20 PM

wow it sure feels like 2005 in here
Old 02-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

02-07-2011, 09:22 PM

yeah, lol.

stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
SOMETHING NEW!
stupid one-liner.

edit: yo, i'm just kidding yo

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 02-07-2011 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

yeah, lol.

stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
SOMETHING NEW!
stupid one-liner.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 02-07-2011 at 09:23 PM..
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
and you've only gotten more cynical
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
and you've only gotten more cynical
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
02-07-2011, 09:28 PM

you are correct sir
Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

you are correct sir
02-07-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post

For some odd reason i remember why i'm not a big fan of yours.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
Jedi Master

Quote:

For some odd reason i remember why i'm not a big fan of yours.
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
yeah, lol.

stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
SOMETHING NEW!
stupid one-liner.

Self explanatory.....

I like that.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #11
Jedi Master

Quote:
yeah, lol.

stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
stupid one-liner.
SOMETHING NEW!
stupid one-liner.

Self explanatory.....

I like that.
02-08-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:

like i said, completely insane. you know neptune is farther from the sun than saturn, right?

do you even know what the golden ratio is?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
Banned.

Quote:

like i said, completely insane. you know neptune is farther from the sun than saturn, right?

do you even know what the golden ratio is?
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
02-08-2011, 08:43 AM

haha, good argument, i was talking about the 7 heavenly bodies. didn't i mention that? no, wait ...oh, yes ... i did. the heptagram image you see floating around tool logos and posters and t-shirts fuckin' everywhere... ? yes, i know what the goddamn golden mean is... WHAT MOSIS. what the fuck do -you- know? show me the way.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #13
Level 10 - Vehement

haha, good argument, i was talking about the 7 heavenly bodies. didn't i mention that? no, wait ...oh, yes ... i did. the heptagram image you see floating around tool logos and posters and t-shirts fuckin' everywhere... ? yes, i know what the goddamn golden mean is... WHAT MOSIS. what the fuck do -you- know? show me the way.
02-08-2011, 08:51 AM

Gives me the chillz
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897

Gives me the chillz
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Mosis's Avatar Mosis
02-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
i know that talking to crackpots is a waste of time, but can be damn fun sometimes
Old 02-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #15
Banned.

Quote:
i know that talking to crackpots is a waste of time, but can be damn fun sometimes
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM

yawn. how entertaining could that've been man?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #16
Level 10 - Vehement

yawn. how entertaining could that've been man?
02-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Very, imo
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #17
Jedi Master

Very, imo
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM

morons...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #18
Level 10 - Vehement

morons...
02-08-2011, 08:48 PM

L@L
Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #19
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

L@L
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
02-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Oh man, this thread.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #20
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Oh man, this thread.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #21
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14

Petroze
02-09-2011, 10:48 PM

It's easily relatable to Nelson Mandela's story, perhaps his imprisonment and following rise to power, along with the coinciding timeline of his mothers stroke and eventual passing, co-inspired the title. I highly doubt it, like the moon landing, but it could maybe just possibly sneak into the realms of possibilty :)

Last edited by Petroze; 02-09-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

It's easily relatable to Nelson Mandela's story, perhaps his imprisonment and following rise to power, along with the coinciding timeline of his mothers stroke and eventual passing, co-inspired the title. I highly doubt it, like the moon landing, but it could maybe just possibly sneak into the realms of possibilty :)

Last edited by Petroze; 02-09-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Petroze
03-15-2011, 10:57 PM

Interesting find; although i saw this years ago, i figure it might be worth a mention here. In a national park in Alaska there's a valley called The Valley of 10,000 Smokes, where apparently, a volcano erupted around 100 years ago. I’ve never given a correlation between the two much credence, however recent natural disasters has given me pause to re-think, perhaps the band predicted some sort of cataclysmic event?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Interesting find; although i saw this years ago, i figure it might be worth a mention here. In a national park in Alaska there's a valley called The Valley of 10,000 Smokes, where apparently, a volcano erupted around 100 years ago. I’ve never given a correlation between the two much credence, however recent natural disasters has given me pause to re-think, perhaps the band predicted some sort of cataclysmic event?
03-16-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroze View Post
Yeah, I think you nailed it brah
Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #24
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroze View Post
Yeah, I think you nailed it brah
03-16-2011, 02:30 PM

10,000 days....saturn's return...be humble...learn the lesson from the megalomaniac/hero/king/savior throughout the album...recognize that your consciousness is separate from your subconsciousness...its right in two. wrong in one.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #25
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

10,000 days....saturn's return...be humble...learn the lesson from the megalomaniac/hero/king/savior throughout the album...recognize that your consciousness is separate from your subconsciousness...its right in two. wrong in one.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
03-16-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post
Oh wow!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #26
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post
Oh wow!
04-01-2011, 09:13 AM

so i'll go out on a limb and just say maynard has a since of humor and likes high tec gadget he also likes to pull tricks..Heres what i think about this little puzzle everyone calls 10,000 days. There is a game out there called "Breath of Fire"..10,000 in mertic prefix means myria...myria in some language or another is marie or close to it..in this game myria grants wishes and is the goddess of desire/destruction she has bright glowing eye and wings w/a brood of snakes a to protect her...lol..get this...she has divided the light clan from the dark clan..the name of the game is to collect 7 lost keys..ect...maybe you must have wings to defeat her while her eyes are dim..and yours burn from stearing at a computer screen..i am just guess.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

so i'll go out on a limb and just say maynard has a since of humor and likes high tec gadget he also likes to pull tricks..Heres what i think about this little puzzle everyone calls 10,000 days. There is a game out there called "Breath of Fire"..10,000 in mertic prefix means myria...myria in some language or another is marie or close to it..in this game myria grants wishes and is the goddess of desire/destruction she has bright glowing eye and wings w/a brood of snakes a to protect her...lol..get this...she has divided the light clan from the dark clan..the name of the game is to collect 7 lost keys..ect...maybe you must have wings to defeat her while her eyes are dim..and yours burn from stearing at a computer screen..i am just guess.
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
09-23-2011, 08:10 AM

Why the hell is this thread stickied?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #28
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

crincled
09-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
when was this thread stickyd?

edit: bogart's toolarmy handle is "BJ" LOL
Old 09-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #29
On Probation

Bincount™: 7922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
when was this thread stickyd?

edit: bogart's toolarmy handle is "BJ" LOL
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
09-23-2011, 08:36 AM

What made this thread so sticky all over?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #30
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

What made this thread so sticky all over?
TOD
09-26-2011, 02:41 PM

I was just thinking about the Taoist saying "The one thing gives birth to the 10,000 things.." (poorly paraphrased) Do you think this snippet of eastern philosophy had any weight on the name choice? I mean the could of called "Dying in a Hospital Bed" or "Medical Leave".
Old 09-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #31
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

I was just thinking about the Taoist saying "The one thing gives birth to the 10,000 things.." (poorly paraphrased) Do you think this snippet of eastern philosophy had any weight on the name choice? I mean the could of called "Dying in a Hospital Bed" or "Medical Leave".
creativenameisnotava
09-26-2011, 09:12 PM

Worst thread ever
Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #32
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Worst thread ever
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
09-27-2011, 02:31 AM