opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Prison Sex
User Name
Password
Old 11-20-2002, 02:17 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
The drawers thingy

Just a thought, the Room the lil guy is in has drawers all over the walls. just like the one the big guy is in. except smaller.
also the lil guys room is in a drawer in the big guys room.
so the drawers in the lil guys room may symbolise his future victims.
also when the drawer opens and smacks the lil guy in the head maybe its like the cycle trying to tempt him into carrying it on.
I dunno .

The end:)
Old 11-21-2002, 11:58 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Okay, yeah, but whats the symbolism of the Bee in the jar in the drawer?
Old 11-23-2002, 04:46 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by ThreeDeviations

I think the bee is arbitrary... it could be any thing in the jar. Any thing alive.
That part of the video is just a metaphor of how powerful manipulation/abuse can be....
It shows the bee in the jar... assume the bee represents the child in the video. After a period of this abuse and mental dominance/manipulation.... the abuser OWNS the bee/child.
The parent has such control (post-abuse) over the bee/child that it can simply toy with it ... passing the bee from finger to finger... and the bee won't fly away due to this manipulation and fear.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:29 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
My theory on the bee; the black creature abuses the porcelin doll. The child then proceeds to capture the bee. This is the cycle of child abuse; from black creature to porcelin doll to bee, as is parent to child to grandchild. The black creature passes the bee from finger to finger, symbolising the chain of child abuse.

Oh, by the way, I reckon that one of the most lasting and powerful images out of all of TOOL's videos is the shot where the doll raises up its hand, and the black creature gently guides it back down again.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 01:14 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Roach
Oh, by the way, I reckon that one of the most lasting and powerful images out of all of TOOL's videos is the shot where the doll raises up its hand, and the black creature gently guides it back down again.
I am glad someone appreciates the degree in which this visualization is cast through the audience. Its nice to know somone saw it in the same way in which I did.

- Matt
Old 11-26-2002, 01:27 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

that is a very powerful shot. i got chills when i first saw it, and i still do.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:30 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

I got it but i never really thought about it that much.
I had another look at the video and I realised that i had overlooked it and wasnt actually apreciating it enough. Thanks
for pointing it out.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:35 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpioali
check out the movie 'on the waterfront' if you haven't seen it already... marlon brando does the exact same thing to rod steiger... the gentle push with his hand... in arguably the greatest acted scene in a movie, ever.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:19 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

The most poweful moment of the video for me has always been when the abuser opens up the back of his head, revealing the child's mind.... it gives me the chills just thinking about it.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:10 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 281
I never really thought about the little guys drawers and the bee, but the cycle of abuse theory makes sense.
Well done

nerdlover of blacktulip

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: