opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Old 04-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2025
Creating New Threads

Since we have so many new members who have so many opinions we should have some sort of requirement for the ability to create new threads. The 10,000 Days subforum is being flooded with new threads and a lot of them are about the exact same things. We need to teach the new members how the forum works because that forum has turned into a joke.

Maybe something like a 200 post requirement (at the least) before a user can create a thread?

Just a thought.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116
Re: Creating New Threads

not a bad idea.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:20 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Even though I'm one of those "new guys" I see your point and share your thought.... It is somewhat frustrating and definetly annoying!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:59 AM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

The downside is you would get 1000s people randomly spamming so they could start their threads.

Imo repeated threads just need to be shut down more.

More moderators perhaps.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2025

Yeah, but it would be easier to moderate if we had people trying to post pump. If a thread turns into a shitfest the mods send it to the bin and all of those post are lost. Gives the people more incentive to make serious posts.

When you have 50 million people make threads all the mods can do is delete them. Deleting threads is only a temporary fix because it doesn't teach anyone anything and most of the time they just create the same thread again or another thread that says "why was my thread deleted, this place is corrupt!".
Old 04-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 718

I dont think something that involves post-count's would be a good idea, like others had say, the whole forum would be flooded with shitty posts.
But after seeing that ticket-trade-thread phenomenon i lost my faith. I think the best solution is a lot of thread trashing and probations.
Or maybe some warning like the 'post leaked material' on top.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #7
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine Nobilitas
Maybe something like a 200 post requirement (at the least) before a user can create a thread?

Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
not a bad idea.
I think it is. If people know they have to reach a certain level or posts they will start pumping like crazy. Threads will be flooded and alot of "oops double post" will be made.

I'm against this idea myself.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

I think it's a good idea, but it will need solid management to prevent post-pumping. Not sure of any ideas right now, but, obviously spam should be deleted. I like the idea that only veterans can make new threads on the new album, at least right now.

I think the best way to do this would be to go by reputation (bring it back) and not by post count. That way, people who post pump still won't be able to get a good reputation. Whatever happeed to rep, it was a great idea.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093

I don't think it's a terrible idea, but what about the "creativity" and "interact" type forums? same rules apply?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 284

Its a great idea for all the forums. Its not like it takes all that long to make 200 or so well thought out posts.

Maybe you should make mini-mods that can delete pointless posts and do a little thread moving and cleaning but nothing else really and keep them relativley unknown to the majority of posters...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: