Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 12:07 AM

*sigh* the people who hear "Alrighty..." is do to the slight over analyses of your part and the voice synthesizer for Maynards part...

it is, and i state this being the easiest "distorted" lyric in the song, "Alright then......picture this if you will..."
Old 05-27-2006, 12:07 AM   #121
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9
Re: alrighty then?

*sigh* the people who hear "Alrighty..." is do to the slight over analyses of your part and the voice synthesizer for Maynards part...

it is, and i state this being the easiest "distorted" lyric in the song, "Alright then......picture this if you will..."
Gnome_Chomsky's Avatar Gnome_Chomsky
05-27-2006, 08:35 AM

Its trivial to discuss this, no ones opinion is changing. 4 pages for a Y????? Its a waste of time alright.

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
Old 05-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #122
Formerly DJR
Suicide Booth ID: 11

Bincount™: 4398

Its trivial to discuss this, no ones opinion is changing. 4 pages for a Y????? Its a waste of time alright.

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
OFFLINE |  
RiaN_the_Great's Avatar RiaN_the_Great
05-27-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
if that's what you gotta do, go for it man. i won't stop you, but please don't scream "alrighty" when you are destroying china. they'll just laugh at you.
Hahahahaha.

Nah, for irony's sake, I'll announce their impending destruction with, "AlrighT then. Picture this if you will."

BOOM!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:21 AM   #123
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
if that's what you gotta do, go for it man. i won't stop you, but please don't scream "alrighty" when you are destroying china. they'll just laugh at you.
Hahahahaha.

Nah, for irony's sake, I'll announce their impending destruction with, "AlrighT then. Picture this if you will."

BOOM!
OFFLINE |  
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 08:52 PM

all you people are doing is over anlyzing the voice synthesizers sound. it's "alright"
Old 05-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #124
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

all you people are doing is over anlyzing the voice synthesizers sound. it's "alright"
youareveryhit's Avatar youareveryhit
05-28-2006, 10:21 AM

ALL
RY
TEE
THEN

I still hear four distinct syllables.

I dunno.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #125
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

ALL
RY
TEE
THEN

I dunno.
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareveryhit
ALL
RY
TEE
THEN

I dunno.
you obviously "dunno" anything.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 05-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #126
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
ALL
RY
TEE
THEN

I dunno.
OFFLINE |  
TiVa's Avatar TiVa
05-28-2006, 11:15 AM

allright! Amen
Old 05-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #127
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

allright! Amen
OFFLINE |  
thumphrey05's Avatar thumphrey05
05-28-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Notion
You fucking jambi eye fools are going to sabotage every lyric on the album. If you're seriously in doubt, go download a live bootleg. Preferrably '8-may dallas 2006'. Alrighty?
yes, this is the bootleg i have which is unmistakeably "alrighty"
Old 05-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #128
lo taca te puete

Bincount™: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Notion
You fucking jambi eye fools are going to sabotage every lyric on the album. If you're seriously in doubt, go download a live bootleg. Preferrably '8-may dallas 2006'. Alrighty?
yes, this is the bootleg i have which is unmistakeably "alrighty"
OFFLINE |  
thumphrey05's Avatar thumphrey05
05-28-2006, 02:12 PM

here is maynard saying it at the dallas show on 5/8 (i think). maybe it can shed some light on this headed debate.

dallas tx, alrighty then

i dont see how you cant hear alrighty then, but thats just me.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #129
lo taca te puete

Bincount™: 542

here is maynard saying it at the dallas show on 5/8 (i think). maybe it can shed some light on this headed debate.

dallas tx, alrighty then

OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-28-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumphrey05

dallas tx, alrighty then

he definitely says alrighty then in the bootleg, but he changes words up quite a bit live.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #130
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumphrey05

dallas tx, alrighty then

he definitely says alrighty then in the bootleg, but he changes words up quite a bit live.
OFFLINE |  
troublefunk's Avatar troublefunk
05-28-2006, 03:00 PM

haha...
Old 05-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #131
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

haha...
OFFLINE |  
troublefunk's Avatar troublefunk
05-28-2006, 03:06 PM

this pretty much prooves that it was alrighty then on the album, just less clear. The majority heard the right lyric, while a few others weren't able to pick up on it. Maynard does change up lyrics sometimes, but seriously... this recording is clearer than the album and its from one of the first shows they played the song at. Common sense says it was always ALRIGHTY THEN.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #132
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

this pretty much prooves that it was alrighty then on the album, just less clear. The majority heard the right lyric, while a few others weren't able to pick up on it. Maynard does change up lyrics sometimes, but seriously... this recording is clearer than the album and its from one of the first shows they played the song at. Common sense says it was always ALRIGHTY THEN.
OFFLINE |  
EternalSiGN's Avatar EternalSiGN
05-28-2006, 05:32 PM

it is alrighty then becuase if u listin 2 the intro for the song the doctor is asking him 2 tell him what is wrong and the song is the responce 2 the doctor.. he starts with "alrighty then" (as in here we go) "picture this if you will" (telling him try try and imagin what he is about 2 tell him)
Old 05-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #133
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

it is alrighty then becuase if u listin 2 the intro for the song the doctor is asking him 2 tell him what is wrong and the song is the responce 2 the doctor.. he starts with "alrighty then" (as in here we go) "picture this if you will" (telling him try try and imagin what he is about 2 tell him)
OFFLINE |  
A.S.H
05-28-2006, 11:14 PM

The two bootlegs I've heard say "alrighty then", the cd seems to say "alrighty then", that's what i thought on first listen, that's what i still hear. But, I can only be 85 percent sure, there is some distortion at the end of it which could lead it the other way. However, I would say that the bootlegs are enough to push it over the edge for me. Cid you may be right, but your insistance that you're 100% right and the "no room for error on your behalf, everyone else is stupid" take you employ on the matter leads me to think even if the official lyrics were posted on the website and it was "alrighty" you still wouldn't give an inch.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #134
Level 4 - Thinker

The two bootlegs I've heard say "alrighty then", the cd seems to say "alrighty then", that's what i thought on first listen, that's what i still hear. But, I can only be 85 percent sure, there is some distortion at the end of it which could lead it the other way. However, I would say that the bootlegs are enough to push it over the edge for me. Cid you may be right, but your insistance that you're 100% right and the "no room for error on your behalf, everyone else is stupid" take you employ on the matter leads me to think even if the official lyrics were posted on the website and it was "alrighty" you still wouldn't give an inch.
OFFLINE |  
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
05-28-2006, 11:47 PM

It is ALRIGHTY THEN, it has always been ALRIGHTY THEN, the live bootleg(s) PROVE that it says ALRIGHTY THEN.

Cid just proved that he's full of shit, and thinks he's being funny, by saying "Yes it's alrighty then in the bootleg, but Maynard just changes it up". LOL, are you fucking serious buddy? You just lost all credibility to your argument.

This thread needs to be closed. Its over.

The "alright" argument is as dead as the HOAX argument!
Old 05-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #135
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

It is ALRIGHTY THEN, it has always been ALRIGHTY THEN, the live bootleg(s) PROVE that it says ALRIGHTY THEN.

Cid just proved that he's full of shit, and thinks he's being funny, by saying "Yes it's alrighty then in the bootleg, but Maynard just changes it up". LOL, are you fucking serious buddy? You just lost all credibility to your argument.

OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-29-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.S.H
i've repeatedly said that i don't know what it says but that i hear 3 syllables. so i don't know where you get that i'm 100% sure that it's alright then.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #136
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
i've repeatedly said that i don't know what it says but that i hear 3 syllables. so i don't know where you get that i'm 100% sure that it's alright then.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-29-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent

you're wrong.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #137
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent

you're wrong.
OFFLINE |  
A.S.H
05-29-2006, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
you people are ridiculous....why would maynard go with "alrighty" when "alright" is obviously more badass? start thinking people! this is simple..and you're simply wrong.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
You called the "alrighty then" people "ridiculous", told them to start thinking and said we're simply wrong. The first post above is an example of your self-righteousness and unwillingess to budge that I was calling you out on in my post. Whether or not it's that you believe 100% that it's "alright then" or that it's just that you hear three syllables, in the end thats really part and parcel of the same thing. Your posts demonstrate that you won't give an inch towards the likely possibility that you may actually be the person that is wrong.

Last edited by A.S.H; 05-29-2006 at 04:07 AM..
Old 05-29-2006, 04:01 AM   #138
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
you people are ridiculous....why would maynard go with "alrighty" when "alright" is obviously more badass? start thinking people! this is simple..and you're simply wrong.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
You called the "alrighty then" people "ridiculous", told them to start thinking and said we're simply wrong. The first post above is an example of your self-righteousness and unwillingess to budge that I was calling you out on in my post. Whether or not it's that you believe 100% that it's "alright then" or that it's just that you hear three syllables, in the end thats really part and parcel of the same thing. Your posts demonstrate that you won't give an inch towards the likely possibility that you may actually be the person that is wrong.

Last edited by A.S.H; 05-29-2006 at 04:07 AM..
OFFLINE |  
05-29-2006, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
ouch?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #139
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
ouch?
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-29-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:
you have no sense of humor...i can't help you with that. i hear 3 syllables on the album, you don't. doesn't matter. if the lyrics are released with "alrighty" in it i would admit i'm wrong. but as it is now, i don't hear it. sorry man.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #140
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
you have no sense of humor...i can't help you with that. i hear 3 syllables on the album, you don't. doesn't matter. if the lyrics are released with "alrighty" in it i would admit i'm wrong. but as it is now, i don't hear it. sorry man.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-29-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
ouch?
haha..good one right?
Old 05-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #141
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
ouch?
haha..good one right?
OFFLINE |  
RiaN_the_Great's Avatar RiaN_the_Great
05-29-2006, 12:06 PM

amoeba. Your signature is too long. Change it, alrighty then?

=P
Old 05-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #142

Bincount™: 24

amoeba. Your signature is too long. Change it, alrighty then?

=P
OFFLINE |  
05-29-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
haha..good one right?
big time zinger. woot.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #143
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
haha..good one right?
big time zinger. woot.
FortySix&Two
05-29-2006, 07:50 PM

I clearly hear "alright" on a set of headphones on my laptop. No question. Sure, he changes up words live. He said "alright" at the Philly show I went to..
Old 05-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #144

Bincount™: 2

I clearly hear "alright" on a set of headphones on my laptop. No question. Sure, he changes up words live. He said "alright" at the Philly show I went to..
OFFLINE |  
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-30-2006, 07:02 AM

>
Old 05-30-2006, 07:02 AM   #145

Bincount™: 11

>
05-30-2006, 07:18 AM

done
Old 05-30-2006, 07:18 AM   #146