opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #1961
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoundHaytred View Post
Seeing how the tour has kicked off, any news on merch?
......see my prior post above
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #1962
Level 4 - Thinker

One other thing concerning tickets....maybe its specfific to this venue, or the way
ticketmaster works in general. But I think its worth mentioning. On May 2nd I show up for the show at 4pm. Show starts at 730pm (I wasnt going to deal with the bitch, of being on on any road connecting LA and San Diego during rush hour), so I was early as hell. Anyway, I walk up to the box office, just to take a chance on getting a ticket to the May 3rd show. I figure what the hell, I tried day of sale for these tickets, all the way up to now on ticketmaster. It tried to see if ticketmaster auctions had any, and the ticket hook up with this site. No Dice.
So I ask at the box office. The woman there tells me, wh still have very good seats, and points to the stage, floor area. Holy Shit!! I end up getting a seat, at $54.00, for 4th row back from the stage, on the fucking floor!! This was not a GA show. Seats on the floor. But nonetheless., proximity to stage for this seat was about 10 feet.

I noticed other people buying seats day of show yesterday. Some on the floor of the arena. When I got into the show last night and found my seat, a girl sitting
next to me started a concversation. Turns out this girl worked for the San Diego State University ticket office, and said at least 5 seats were held in various rows around the building for thieshow. Tickets were relaeased close to the day of performance.They went on sale at the last moment for the sake of them either beiong student seats, or seats bought by consolidators which went unsold. In further conversation, I talked to 3 people in the first row floor that bought their ticket on May 2nd for a May 3rd show from this same box office.

Lesson from this story: First scenario: This might only work at College arenas. Student seats may be held till the last minute. Second Scenario: It is possible ticketmaster is once again fucking us royally by giving blocks of tickets to bulk consolidation companies, therefore taking experiences away from true fans who givve up hope thinking there is no way to get in after getting that "please try again" with ticketmaster online.

Have any of you had this same experience? Granted we had a second show added in our city of San Diego but has anyone else out there gotten floor seats day of at standard ticket price like this??
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #1963

Bincount™: 14

MA show is on sale tomorrowwww
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #1964
Level 2 - Poster

Well considering they played NYC and the surrounding area late summer/fall during Lateralus perhaps swing back maybe.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyway play the Garden or Radio City again but please NO DRY SHOWS!!!

Nassau Coliseum on All Hallows EVE?!?!?! DRY?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #1965
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 567

I had this idea that if you knew someone with one of those self printed tickets from ticketmaster with floorseats and you had nosebleed seats, you could use your ticket to get in and then a copy of the other one to gain access to the floor once inside.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #1966
rll
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 105

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06...nk=tm_music_h4

Anyone seen this? Cape Girardeau, MO jun 16
Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #1967
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant55 View Post
I had this idea that if you knew someone with one of those self printed tickets from ticketmaster with floorseats and you had nosebleed seats, you could use your ticket to get in and then a copy of the other one to gain access to the floor once inside.

that actually might work if it isn't seated and the guys on the floor aren't scanning the tix...clever...
Old 05-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #1968
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Immaculate View Post
that actually might work if it isn't seated and the guys on the floor aren't scanning the tix...clever...
They only scan them to get into the venue, then its just usually a quck flash of a flashlight for the section.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:30 AM   #1969
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Immaculate View Post
I doubt that would work. Most of the shows that I have been to that have reserved seating with a GA floor have had a different entrance for the floor that gives out a wristband. the security guys on the floor don't look at the ticket, they check to see if you have a wrist band. With that said, the easiest way I have found is to have 2 friends on the floor, 1 of them manages to get their wristband of and gives it to the other who then brings it up to the 3rd person who puts it on and walks right by the security guy on the floor.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #1970

Just wondering, but who has had the priveledge to witness The Grudge played live?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Just wondering, but who has had the priveledge to witness The Grudge played live?

3 times during their 2002 tour...in Chicago, Milwaukee and Indy...also got third eye up in Indy.

Edit--Just sent you something.

What I wouldn't do for an In-N-Out Burger....

Last edited by Rhapsody; 05-05-2007 at 09:16 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #1972
Level 4 - Thinker

Just wondering if anyone knows why there is no thread for the May 17 show is Bossier City, LA??
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvguy View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows why there is no thread for the May 17 show is Bossier City, LA??
Yeah, I sent a pm asking if they could add some threads for the upcoming shows...obviously thus far, no luck.

OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #1974

So does anyone always charge concert tickets on your credit card for you and your friends and then get screwed for money, at least for awhile, because your friends are broke losers? 'cause yeah that's me every time. =/
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #1975

Hm wow that sentence kind of sucks and doesn't make much sense, hahaha
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #1976
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocaineEyes View Post
So does anyone always charge concert tickets on your credit card for you and your friends and then get screwed for money, at least for awhile, because your friends are broke losers? 'cause yeah that's me every time. =/
You mean you got the tickets on your credit card and now you gotta keep shaking down your friends for the cash? If so, ya, I went through that last year and am going through it again now.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #1977
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
3 times during their 2002 tour...in Chicago, Milwaukee and Indy...also got third eye up in Indy.
It was Chicago on Wednesday and Milwaukee on sunday, amirite. I was at both of those.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #1978
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Quote:
I've seen them do that live 18 times. Is that enough for you?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #1979
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Quote:
Happens to the best of us...It's come to a point that I prefer taking my brother or sister to concerts because 1. they tend to enjoy it more than most of my friends and 2. they either pay you back or you don't mind paying for them <shrugs>

I had to institute a policy where if any of my friends wanna go to a concert, they pay me the day of the concert...If they don't pay me, tough shit, I'll get someone else
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #1980
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by armmar View Post
Happens to the best of us...It's come to a point that I prefer taking my brother or sister to concerts because 1. they tend to enjoy it more than most of my friends and 2. they either pay you back or you don't mind paying for them <shrugs>

I had to institute a policy where if any of my friends wanna go to a concert, they pay me the day of the concert...If they don't pay me, tough shit, I'll get someone else
Yeah, I gotta a policy similar to that: I give my friends 'til a week from the concert date to pay, if I don't have the cash by then I'll sell my tix on this site's ticket hook-up.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #1981
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I am in the exact same position. About 500 dollars and haven't seen one penny yet.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #1982
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ○toolman○ View Post
I am in the exact same position. About 500 dollars and haven't seen one penny yet.
It gets to be ridiculous how inconsiderate other people can be when it comes to this...My suggestion would be to pester them about the money early and often...If you wait awhile, you may never see the money...One time, I waited so long I had to go door to door to collect my debts...Needless to say, they weren't very pleased...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #1983
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

ya i'm nice and usually will front money for people and some people tend to take advantage of that

definitely don't wait too long to ask for it or it'll be awkard if you bring it up a long time after the fact
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #1984
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
ya i'm nice and usually will front money for people and some people tend to take advantage of that

definitely don't wait too long to ask for it or it'll be awkard if you bring it up a long time after the fact
Ya, when it comes to friends it's best to let them know that the only way they're going is if they give the money by a deadline. If you don't get the money before the concert you'll never get it and then it just gets shitty after that.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #1985

I agree, people are so inconsiderate. Yeah, thanks, I can't pay the bill at YOUR fucking convenience.

I've bought so many TOOL tickets plus a bunch of RAGE tickets... which aren't cheap. Everyone is on my nuts for 'em but nobody is payin' up.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #1986
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Same thing happened to me but with NIN tickets, the worst is when friends ask for a ticket and then totally bail meaning you have to try and sell it. Next big shows I go to I'm only buying tickets for myself.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #1987
Level 1 - Lurker

I know this is far to late but if anyone has any ticket to the Tucson show they would like to unload then please PM me. I'll give you my number and we will meet at the show. We both win, you're not out money and I get to see an amazing show. I'll go out of my way to get to you and pay you. HELP!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys View Post
I've seen them do that live 18 times. Is that enough for you?
Whenever i asked that question, where did it say that i wanted to know who has seen the grudge the most.... oh thats right it doesn't i don't give a fuck how many times you have seen it live just wondering who has seen it
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-06-2007, 05:36 AM   #1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by white horse View Post
Same thing happened to me but with NIN tickets, the worst is when friends ask for a ticket and then totally bail meaning you have to try and sell it. Next big shows I go to I'm only buying tickets for myself.
Ehh yeah I'd like to go by myself but I never would, ha
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #1990

On the way home from the two shows in San Diego, my wife and I had 10k days playing and were talking about the shows. These were her first two tool shows. As we were talking , she said something that proved to me she now is a tool lifer. She looks over and says "the cd doesn't do these guys justice" which pretty much sums up why we all go to the lengths that we do to see them live. There is NO OTHER LIVE SHOW out that will send you away saying the cd just doesn't stack up.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #1991
Level 1 - Lurker

couldn't find this anywhere in the reviews but....what time have they been coming on stage? Has Kinski opened every show? Need to know for travel purposes, thanks to anyone who can help me out....
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #1992

Kinski started right on time(7:30) and tool started between 8:45 and 9:00
Old 05-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #1993

I work the graveyard shift and am wondering what time the shows have been ending?

OFFLINE |  
Old 05-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant55 View Post
It was Chicago on Wednesday and Milwaukee on sunday, amirite. I was at both of those.
Not sure of the exact days, but I know the Chicago show was at the United Center and the Milwaukee show was at U.S. Cellular.

OFFLINE |  
Old 05-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #1995
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

Quote:
me. 3 times. good shit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #1996
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
I work the graveyard shift and am wondering what time the shows have been ending?
They are off the stage by 10:50 or so.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #1997
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

The Grudge.... 9 times 2001 - 2002 tour
5/20/2001 - NY, 9/20/01 - ME, 9/21/01 - MA, 9/22/01 - CT ~ 8/15/02 - NJ, 8/16/02 - MA, 8/17/02 - RI, 8/18/02 - NH, 10/28/02 - MA ~ 9/29/06 - MA, 10/3/06 - NH, 10/5/06 - CT ~ 7/12/07 - MA, 7/18/07 - NJ ~ 1/28/2012 - MA
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #1998
On Probation

Bincount™: 8

What happened to the Little Rock, AR show that was announced for June 17th? It was then announced that it was moved to June 29th. Currently it is not on the Toolband.com/tour page.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #1999
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i'm nervous now because it's pretty clear that right before wings/10,000 they're playing one of 3-4 songs...Sober, Swamp Song, Right in Two, or Pushit...I REEEEEEALLY hope they play Pushit when I see them but I know I might not be so lucky :-/
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
They are off the stage by 10:50 or so.
thanks so much

OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: