Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
?Cogito Ergo Sum?'s Avatar ?Cogito Ergo Sum?
05-11-2006, 07:42 AM

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's trying to convey the idea that, "listen to us and have fun, but we don't know the answer anymore than anyone else does."
Just a thought
At least that's the words I hear at the end of Rosetta Stoned, "Don't Know, Won't Know."
"You look up when you feel the need for elevation. And I look down because I am elevated. Who among you can laugh and be elevated at the same time? Whoever climbs the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." Nietzsche
Old 05-11-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Don't Know, Won't Know

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's trying to convey the idea that, "listen to us and have fun, but we don't know the answer anymore than anyone else does."
Just a thought
At least that's the words I hear at the end of Rosetta Stoned, "Don't Know, Won't Know."
"You look up when you feel the need for elevation. And I look down because I am elevated. Who among you can laugh and be elevated at the same time? Whoever climbs the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." Nietzsche
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
skizzott
05-11-2006, 08:10 AM

Honestly, I don't know, probably won't know either.

Sorry, had to.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Don't Know, Won't Know

Honestly, I don't know, probably won't know either.

Sorry, had to.
TheEulogyOfMe's Avatar TheEulogyOfMe
05-11-2006, 08:12 AM

The answer to what? I have all the right answers, people just tend to ask the wrong questions.

Maybe they're tired of it. They're tired of beating into the ground "Think For yourself, question Authority. Be mad and reach out when something ridiculous happens within our government" when NO ONE DOES! Like MJK says in an interview people are like "I'm so mad, I'm gonna write an e-mail!" And e-mail doesn't impact a corp. like a picket line in front of their building. We're all outraged sitting home watching the news at Oil prices and our Presidents newest fiasco. But that's where we stay. Watching the news. It makes our blood boil for a few seconds, then a commercial comes on with a Talking gecko and we forget all about it. Or we write about it, on here. Ooo! I'm not saying I'm above anyone, I do the same thing. Because I'm alone in my rage. Everyone I live with are to complacent to put up a big stink about anything, because they think nothing will change. If I could just meet with 100 plus people to do SOMETHING I would. But instead I'm alone with people who are all "Well, it's out of my control." And in a round about way, Tool probably feels that same way. "They like our music, but they're not doing anything about it. Maybe it's useless."

I don't know. I really don't. Nor does anyone.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

The answer to what? I have all the right answers, people just tend to ask the wrong questions.

Maybe they're tired of it. They're tired of beating into the ground "Think For yourself, question Authority. Be mad and reach out when something ridiculous happens within our government" when NO ONE DOES! Like MJK says in an interview people are like "I'm so mad, I'm gonna write an e-mail!" And e-mail doesn't impact a corp. like a picket line in front of their building. We're all outraged sitting home watching the news at Oil prices and our Presidents newest fiasco. But that's where we stay. Watching the news. It makes our blood boil for a few seconds, then a commercial comes on with a Talking gecko and we forget all about it. Or we write about it, on here. Ooo! I'm not saying I'm above anyone, I do the same thing. Because I'm alone in my rage. Everyone I live with are to complacent to put up a big stink about anything, because they think nothing will change. If I could just meet with 100 plus people to do SOMETHING I would. But instead I'm alone with people who are all "Well, it's out of my control." And in a round about way, Tool probably feels that same way. "They like our music, but they're not doing anything about it. Maybe it's useless."

I don't know. I really don't. Nor does anyone.
05-11-2006, 08:20 AM

http://www.knowmore.org

make a difference
Old 05-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

http://www.knowmore.org

make a difference
05-11-2006, 08:32 AM

I'm not trying to be as negative with the thought, and I'm not asking MJK for answers, and I do thouroghly enjoy his thoughts and the music they all make together. Just in my opinion (with Rosetta Stoned being the "key" to this album) I feel as though after hearing the transition from the beginning of the album, through RS, and right up intil the end of Right In Two, he's getting tired of giving ideas out, pointing to another path, and he sums it up with the end, "Don't Know, Won't Know."
And you have got to admit you hear the lighter side when listening to RS. It's fucking hilarious. I think we've all been in that situation, where the IDEA was there, but we couldn't articulate it. Oh, well, I fucked up another one ("I forgot my pen, shit my bed again, typical")
Old 05-11-2006, 08:32 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm not trying to be as negative with the thought, and I'm not asking MJK for answers, and I do thouroghly enjoy his thoughts and the music they all make together. Just in my opinion (with Rosetta Stoned being the "key" to this album) I feel as though after hearing the transition from the beginning of the album, through RS, and right up intil the end of Right In Two, he's getting tired of giving ideas out, pointing to another path, and he sums it up with the end, "Don't Know, Won't Know."
And you have got to admit you hear the lighter side when listening to RS. It's fucking hilarious. I think we've all been in that situation, where the IDEA was there, but we couldn't articulate it. Oh, well, I fucked up another one ("I forgot my pen, shit my bed again, typical")
eonphi's Avatar eonphi
05-11-2006, 10:47 AM

well at least ur right that he does say don't know, won't know...
Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
Level Φ - sXe

Bincount™: 16

well at least ur right that he does say don't know, won't know...
nanook
05-11-2006, 11:32 AM

great thread. In the end, Tool are just guys, right? They make fuckin' bad-ass music that makes you think, but to think of them as having all the answers or to even feel like you have to agree with all of their conclusions is silly. Enjoy the music, don't get too caught up with what the sound at (3:45) on a certain track literally means. For God's sake...
Old 05-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

great thread. In the end, Tool are just guys, right? They make fuckin' bad-ass music that makes you think, but to think of them as having all the answers or to even feel like you have to agree with all of their conclusions is silly. Enjoy the music, don't get too caught up with what the sound at (3:45) on a certain track literally means. For God's sake...
05-11-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook
Again, Rock on Brothers. Sum it up for the rest of us quite well. Thanks, this is the first thread I started, so it makes me feel kinda funny, you calling it a great thread and all. thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook
Again, Rock on Brothers. Sum it up for the rest of us quite well. Thanks, this is the first thread I started, so it makes me feel kinda funny, you calling it a great thread and all. thanks

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply