Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
05-10-2006, 04:58 PM

I like both songs, but..

I have to give it to Third Eye. One of my favorite Tool songs ever, from my very favorite Tool album! "I opened my eye.." still gives me chills.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Better song - Third Eye of Rosetta Stoned?

I like both songs, but..

I have to give it to Third Eye. One of my favorite Tool songs ever, from my very favorite Tool album! "I opened my eye.." still gives me chills.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
05-10-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisD
My apologies. Re-reading it now I see that I was more influenced by reading several of what was essentially the same post over and over again (by different folks) each saying that RS sucked, worst song ever, etc. My patience was thinner than I thought.
yeah, yeah, whatever.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #82
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisD
My apologies. Re-reading it now I see that I was more influenced by reading several of what was essentially the same post over and over again (by different folks) each saying that RS sucked, worst song ever, etc. My patience was thinner than I thought.
yeah, yeah, whatever.
05-10-2006, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzi
Rosetta Stoned IS Third Eye. Well, Third Eye and H. And the synth from Reflection. If you add all that stuff together there's actually very little new hook material in the song at all, other than "Shit the bed" of course.

Seriously folks. What the fuck? You take a riff from one of your old songs, move it to another place on the fretboard, lop off a note so it's a nonsensical 11/8 part instead of a moderately cool 12/8 one and then play it for a couple of minutes... and the song is somehow IMPROVED?
typical Kiwi idiot, go and listen again

You must have been OUT YO MIND !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #83
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzi
Rosetta Stoned IS Third Eye. Well, Third Eye and H. And the synth from Reflection. If you add all that stuff together there's actually very little new hook material in the song at all, other than "Shit the bed" of course.

Seriously folks. What the fuck? You take a riff from one of your old songs, move it to another place on the fretboard, lop off a note so it's a nonsensical 11/8 part instead of a moderately cool 12/8 one and then play it for a couple of minutes... and the song is somehow IMPROVED?
typical Kiwi idiot, go and listen again

You must have been OUT YO MIND !!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply