Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
cant_be_faded's Avatar cant_be_faded
05-14-2006, 05:44 PM

I haven't listened to 10,000 days since the day after I saw Tool in concert. I wanted to just give it some time to soak in, then relisten to it. After reading so much about this song on this board, I couldn't wait till track 7/8 came up.

Man, anyone who said this song sucks needs to get some new ears.

This shit IS as deep as all of you said. Normally I'm one to criticize overanalyzation, but this shit IS DEEP.

Probably one of my favorite tool songs now. Still not as good as third eye, at least not yet.

But i would like to see more songs like this from tool, the whole storyline/concept song kinda thing....I've always liked creative songs with stories.
"Why does God not blot out the sun?"

www.fozlur.com
Old 05-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
This song is absolutely ridiculous

I haven't listened to 10,000 days since the day after I saw Tool in concert. I wanted to just give it some time to soak in, then relisten to it. After reading so much about this song on this board, I couldn't wait till track 7/8 came up.

Man, anyone who said this song sucks needs to get some new ears.

This shit IS as deep as all of you said. Normally I'm one to criticize overanalyzation, but this shit IS DEEP.

Probably one of my favorite tool songs now. Still not as good as third eye, at least not yet.

But i would like to see more songs like this from tool, the whole storyline/concept song kinda thing....I've always liked creative songs with stories.
"Why does God not blot out the sun?"

www.fozlur.com
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
trickma's Avatar trickma
05-14-2006, 08:35 PM

It's definitely one of their best works, i bloody love it.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: This song is absolutely ridiculous

It's definitely one of their best works, i bloody love it.
Aggroculture's Avatar Aggroculture
05-15-2006, 10:28 PM

I love it and I think it is far superior to Third Eye.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

I love it and I think it is far superior to Third Eye.
HateSolstice
05-16-2006, 12:50 AM

Umm, how is non-intelligible rambling "DEEP"? It doesn't even make sense. Yes, I've read the supposed lyrics, but it's not like that is going to help it make MORE sense. And no, Third Eye wasn't "DEEP" either. It was cool, yes, and had a great sound to it. This one is just plain annoying. Hooker with a Penis annoying.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Umm, how is non-intelligible rambling "DEEP"? It doesn't even make sense. Yes, I've read the supposed lyrics, but it's not like that is going to help it make MORE sense. And no, Third Eye wasn't "DEEP" either. It was cool, yes, and had a great sound to it. This one is just plain annoying. Hooker with a Penis annoying.
05-16-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateSolstice
You just don't get it.

I've always wanted to use that argument!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Quote:
You just don't get it.

I've always wanted to use that argument!
05-16-2006, 05:38 AM

Quote:

things we don't understand can often be misinterpreted as "not making sense"

I feel sorry for you to have to skip the track everytime you listen to the album due to the annoying factor. Hopefully understanding or even appreciation of the insane amount of work that it took for 4 guys to create such a composition in a studio setting will one day allow you to enjoy the track. Remember that the lyrics are only a small portion of the song, the noise between the lyrics is truely the amazing part.

no negativity is meant in this post...you are entitled to your opinion.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:

things we don't understand can often be misinterpreted as "not making sense"

I feel sorry for you to have to skip the track everytime you listen to the album due to the annoying factor. Hopefully understanding or even appreciation of the insane amount of work that it took for 4 guys to create such a composition in a studio setting will one day allow you to enjoy the track. Remember that the lyrics are only a small portion of the song, the noise between the lyrics is truely the amazing part.

no negativity is meant in this post...you are entitled to your opinion.
Exegesis's Avatar Exegesis
05-16-2006, 06:17 AM

go back and listen to Third Eye and realize how much more ENJOYABLE Rosetta Stoned is to listen to.

Of course, I personally wouldn't ever COMPARE them to each other. They both exist separately and have two way different perspectives.

Rosetta Stoned is a collection of older AJ riffs, and it was done on purpose. The song is quite a puzzle, but the main ingredient that I love about it is that TOOL seems to be having tons of FUN with it. It's nice to hear.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:17 AM   #7
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 52

go back and listen to Third Eye and realize how much more ENJOYABLE Rosetta Stoned is to listen to.

Of course, I personally wouldn't ever COMPARE them to each other. They both exist separately and have two way different perspectives.

Rosetta Stoned is a collection of older AJ riffs, and it was done on purpose. The song is quite a puzzle, but the main ingredient that I love about it is that TOOL seems to be having tons of FUN with it. It's nice to hear.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply