Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-25-2006, 06:14 PM

Sunkist? This may be a reference to a famous (and completely false) piece of LSD folklaw whereby a man on LSD permanently believes that he is a glass of orange juice and live the rest of his life terrified of being poured. Any thoughts?

Also in high doses Sudafed can have the effect of speed.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11
Sunkist

Sunkist? This may be a reference to a famous (and completely false) piece of LSD folklaw whereby a man on LSD permanently believes that he is a glass of orange juice and live the rest of his life terrified of being poured. Any thoughts?

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
plexus's Avatar plexus
04-25-2006, 07:31 PM

yea, i remember being told that story as the truth
Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17
Re: Sunkist

yea, i remember being told that story as the truth
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
04-25-2006, 11:19 PM

yeah, i heard the one about the orange juice guy being in the local nuthouse..

but i think in the song it's a reference to drinking sunkist orange soda or eating sunkist oranges.. trippers like to think that vitamin C is somehow beneficial to the trip, though i've never seen any evidence to suggest such..

but i did once drink so much o.j. while on acid that i threw up the entire contents of my stomach, including what appeared to be a layer of stomach lining, so i might be a little jaded towards o.j./vitamin c+lsd :P
Old 04-25-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

yeah, i heard the one about the orange juice guy being in the local nuthouse..

but i think in the song it's a reference to drinking sunkist orange soda or eating sunkist oranges.. trippers like to think that vitamin C is somehow beneficial to the trip, though i've never seen any evidence to suggest such..

but i did once drink so much o.j. while on acid that i threw up the entire contents of my stomach, including what appeared to be a layer of stomach lining, so i might be a little jaded towards o.j./vitamin c+lsd :P
04-25-2006, 11:42 PM

Does anyone care to explain to me why the band seems to be affixiated with lsd? Is their a significance?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Does anyone care to explain to me why the band seems to be affixiated with lsd? Is their a significance?
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-26-2006, 01:32 AM

Bogsnartch, you are more than likely right, vitamin c is also supposed to be good at flushing drugs out the body afterwards. I drank it for a week b4 a drugs test once though and still failed, so its probably bullshit.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bogsnartch, you are more than likely right, vitamin c is also supposed to be good at flushing drugs out the body afterwards. I drank it for a week b4 a drugs test once though and still failed, so its probably bullshit.
acsguitar
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM

Vitamin C enhances your trip is what I got out of it.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Vitamin C enhances your trip is what I got out of it.
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
04-26-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicari0us
have you ever *done* lsd?

also, you hodgepodged the words "affixed" and "fixated" there.. i kinda like it, even if it wasn't intentional.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
john dough

Quote:

also, you hodgepodged the words "affixed" and "fixated" there.. i kinda like it, even if it wasn't intentional.
04-26-2006, 04:56 PM

asphyxiated
Old 04-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 140

asphyxiated
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM

i dunno man. whenever im tripping and i drink some oj it feels like im tripping harder again. could be all mental though.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
crashed my spaceship (tdn $upporter)
Suicide Booth ID: 10

Bincount™: 10062

i dunno man. whenever im tripping and i drink some oj it feels like im tripping harder again. could be all mental though.
04-26-2006, 05:17 PM

When I'm trippin' balls and freaked out, a nice, cool, fruity, refreshing beverage works wonders.... I'm thinking there's probably no deep significance....to that line or the rest of the song... some dumb-ass takes acid and mistakenly derives great meaning from it...happens every day all over the world... and maybe there was a metaphor linking that with the general habit of humans to take great meaning from life and the events contained within...
Old 04-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

When I'm trippin' balls and freaked out, a nice, cool, fruity, refreshing beverage works wonders.... I'm thinking there's probably no deep significance....to that line or the rest of the song... some dumb-ass takes acid and mistakenly derives great meaning from it...happens every day all over the world... and maybe there was a metaphor linking that with the general habit of humans to take great meaning from life and the events contained within...
04-26-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WearingVans501s
asphyxiated
that too.

good eye
Old 04-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #11
john dough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WearingVans501s
asphyxiated
that too.

good eye
04-26-2006, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth

Yeah, i was tired, i was looking for the word fixated...i dont know why i put it like "aphyxiated" as I'm not talking about smothering here heh and no, i havent done lsd, i will look into what it does, but by this song im pretty sure i have an idea.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth

Yeah, i was tired, i was looking for the word fixated...i dont know why i put it like "aphyxiated" as I'm not talking about smothering here heh and no, i havent done lsd, i will look into what it does, but by this song im pretty sure i have an idea.
tooltgle
04-26-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD

Alot of information on that page.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Vicari0us
04-26-2006, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltgle

Gotta love the wikipedia, thanks a lot man
Old 04-26-2006, 10:35 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltgle

Gotta love the wikipedia, thanks a lot man
tool/rush/mars
04-27-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:

Because LSD is fucking amazing in really small doses. Fuck all the hype about "Woah I took ten hits."

Everytime i've done it i've taken 1/2 a hit. I could talk to my parents, go to school, drive, do anything. At the same time I could go places with my mind I never imagined.

I play guitar, bass, keys, and sing. One time on LSD i managed to teach myself how to drum in one night. I could keep a solid 4/4 rock groove and do pretty solid fills by the end of the night. IT was nothing short of an amazing experience. (i'd never even sat behind a drumset before this one night)

I don't care how proud of your sobriety you are or how closed minded you are, you haven't even lived if you don't take 1/2 or even 1/4 hit of LSD before you die.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #15

Quote:

Because LSD is fucking amazing in really small doses. Fuck all the hype about "Woah I took ten hits."

Everytime i've done it i've taken 1/2 a hit. I could talk to my parents, go to school, drive, do anything. At the same time I could go places with my mind I never imagined.

I play guitar, bass, keys, and sing. One time on LSD i managed to teach myself how to drum in one night. I could keep a solid 4/4 rock groove and do pretty solid fills by the end of the night. IT was nothing short of an amazing experience. (i'd never even sat behind a drumset before this one night)

I don't care how proud of your sobriety you are or how closed minded you are, you haven't even lived if you don't take 1/2 or even 1/4 hit of LSD before you die.
unggodd's Avatar unggodd
04-27-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay

That may be, in fact, a myth. But, I have this friend who believes he's a peanut. Needless to say, he's been put into a mental instituion because of it.

On a normal basis, he's acts fine, but when anybody mentions anything to do with peanuts, he totally freaks out. It was quite hilarious until we all realized that he had gone insane.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay

That may be, in fact, a myth. But, I have this friend who believes he's a peanut. Needless to say, he's been put into a mental instituion because of it.

On a normal basis, he's acts fine, but when anybody mentions anything to do with peanuts, he totally freaks out. It was quite hilarious until we all realized that he had gone insane.
04-27-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool/rush/mars

dude. a half a hit is a meaningliss term. it all matters on how strong the blotters are. there are "red heart " blotters which were out recently which had 400+mcg a tab on them. you could not do any of the above you described with half a hit of those... not to mention good liquid... if all you are taking is 25mcg yeah wow maybe you can do shit on it... you havnt experienced what a real lsd trip is like until you have taken above 200mcg
Old 04-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

dude. a half a hit is a meaningliss term. it all matters on how strong the blotters are. there are "red heart " blotters which were out recently which had 400+mcg a tab on them. you could not do any of the above you described with half a hit of those... not to mention good liquid... if all you are taking is 25mcg yeah wow maybe you can do shit on it... you havnt experienced what a real lsd trip is like until you have taken above 200mcg
praefector's Avatar praefector
04-27-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:

how can you talk about "fuck ten hits" when youve never done more than 1/2 a hit.

yes, when you do a lot (most ive ever done was 7.5 on blotter) its akin to losing your mind. that might not be constructive for some...but it certainly is a life changing experience.

and you dont NEED lsd to explore your mind. ive taken small doses and its really no different than deep meditation.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #18
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:

how can you talk about "fuck ten hits" when youve never done more than 1/2 a hit.

yes, when you do a lot (most ive ever done was 7.5 on blotter) its akin to losing your mind. that might not be constructive for some...but it certainly is a life changing experience.

and you dont NEED lsd to explore your mind. ive taken small doses and its really no different than deep meditation.
rocco's Avatar rocco
04-27-2006, 02:21 PM

You don't need drugs to get high. But you do need drugs to get reeeally high.

Last edited by rocco; 04-27-2006 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: no html
Old 04-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Last edited by rocco; 04-27-2006 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: no html
identity_theory
04-27-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco

LOL
Old 04-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco

LOL
04-27-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana
you havnt experienced what a real lsd trip is like until you have taken above 200mcg

i agree somewhat but it's all in the experience. the amount it takes you to get a "real" trip could kill someone else -- same as what doesnt get you trippin could send another person to a different universe...

the credential for a "real" trip is in the experience. i consider my most memorable trip to be the first time i dosed AMT . i was never so removed from reality as i was that night. all my acid trips and shroom trips combined couldnt touch it
Old 04-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #21
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana
you havnt experienced what a real lsd trip is like until you have taken above 200mcg

i agree somewhat but it's all in the experience. the amount it takes you to get a "real" trip could kill someone else -- same as what doesnt get you trippin could send another person to a different universe...

the credential for a "real" trip is in the experience. i consider my most memorable trip to be the first time i dosed AMT . i was never so removed from reality as i was that night. all my acid trips and shroom trips combined couldnt touch it
ljasonl
04-27-2006, 03:32 PM

I don't know about vitaminc C but citric acid helps draw alkaloids out of plant material, if you're trying to extract some LSA or Mescaline for example

I don't know what that has to do with LSD, but the song never mentions LSD specifically, does it?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't know about vitaminc C but citric acid helps draw alkaloids out of plant material, if you're trying to extract some LSA or Mescaline for example

I don't know what that has to do with LSD, but the song never mentions LSD specifically, does it?
Sanzen
04-27-2006, 03:34 PM

The subtitle "Blame Hoffman" does...he like...invented it or some shit.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

The subtitle "Blame Hoffman" does...he like...invented it or some shit.
ljasonl
04-27-2006, 03:37 PM

true, forgot about that
Old 04-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

true, forgot about that
Blanket_509's Avatar Blanket_509
04-27-2006, 03:39 PM

doesn't sunkist make grape soda too? =P
Old 04-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #25

doesn't sunkist make grape soda too? =P
Howard's Avatar Howard
04-27-2006, 03:41 PM

LSD? I thought it was that orange soda, or juice, don't know. Here it's called Sukita =D
Old 04-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #26

LSD? I thought it was that orange soda, or juice, don't know. Here it's called Sukita =D

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply