Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
grady's Avatar grady
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM

...those who say they "don't like" the album, just don't "get" TOOL?
I can understand if you prefer past albums, but isn't it impossible to "dislike" a song/album?

I went in a liquor store yesterday wearing my new 10K shirt. This kid stops in his tracks staring at me. Finally he speaks and says "Awesome shirt! Do you like the album?" I explained how it didn't leave my cd player for almost a month when it came out. (I was actually listening to it as I pulled up too)

He shocked me by saying that he didn't like it and things like, "there's no memorable riffs..." and "I can't listen to 4 mins of intro anymore."

I really thought "Should I hit him?" After a few minutes of his absurd reasonings for it not being as good as Opiate, I told him he was clearly an idiot.

Of course he then told me I should check out his band. (i've been in a couple bands for nearly 10 yrs, so...) I wasn't trying to hear that and left.

I've been puzzled by this fucker since, and then it dawned on me. Even if someone is a TOOL fan and think they're die hard, it is possible for them not to really "get" it.

If you guys agree, I won't go back and lay into him today.

later.

grady
Old 07-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Do You Agree...

I can understand if you prefer past albums, but isn't it impossible to "dislike" a song/album?

I went in a liquor store yesterday wearing my new 10K shirt. This kid stops in his tracks staring at me. Finally he speaks and says "Awesome shirt! Do you like the album?" I explained how it didn't leave my cd player for almost a month when it came out. (I was actually listening to it as I pulled up too)

He shocked me by saying that he didn't like it and things like, "there's no memorable riffs..." and "I can't listen to 4 mins of intro anymore."

I really thought "Should I hit him?" After a few minutes of his absurd reasonings for it not being as good as Opiate, I told him he was clearly an idiot.

Of course he then told me I should check out his band. (i've been in a couple bands for nearly 10 yrs, so...) I wasn't trying to hear that and left.

I've been puzzled by this fucker since, and then it dawned on me. Even if someone is a TOOL fan and think they're die hard, it is possible for them not to really "get" it.

later.

grady
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Artistic Sickness's Avatar Artistic Sickness
07-19-2006, 12:01 PM

with every tool album, certain people become bigger fans, and certain people fall out of love with the music. Every album has been a pretty big departure from the one previous.. it's completely reasonable that someone could love tool up until 10kdays, and dislike the album, but still be a huge fan of the band and the music. Don't get started on this "true fan" shit. It's just rock music... albeit, really fucking good rock music.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Do You Agree...

with every tool album, certain people become bigger fans, and certain people fall out of love with the music. Every album has been a pretty big departure from the one previous.. it's completely reasonable that someone could love tool up until 10kdays, and dislike the album, but still be a huge fan of the band and the music. Don't get started on this "true fan" shit. It's just rock music... albeit, really fucking good rock music.
07-19-2006, 12:14 PM

I think the new album is their third best release in the last 10 years, not including Salival. You sir are wrong. Just because someone has an opinion on the album doesn't mean that they don't "get" Tool. Tool is not the same band they once were and seem less passionate. Personally, I think most people are just too stubborn to say that the album isn't a masterpiece, but that is my opinion.

That kid should have hit you for telling him that he was an idiot because you're the idiot.
We are eternal... without judgement...
Old 07-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 402

I think the new album is their third best release in the last 10 years, not including Salival. You sir are wrong. Just because someone has an opinion on the album doesn't mean that they don't "get" Tool. Tool is not the same band they once were and seem less passionate. Personally, I think most people are just too stubborn to say that the album isn't a masterpiece, but that is my opinion.

That kid should have hit you for telling him that he was an idiot because you're the idiot.
We are eternal... without judgement...
TJP's Avatar TJP
07-19-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Sickness
i understand what you are saying about this "true fan" stuff but there are a lot of people who brought the new album and think they know everything about tool but last month they did'nt even know tool who where!
that kinda makes me sick
Old 07-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
TJP
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Sickness
i understand what you are saying about this "true fan" stuff but there are a lot of people who brought the new album and think they know everything about tool but last month they did'nt even know tool who where!
that kinda makes me sick
champion's Avatar champion
07-19-2006, 01:28 PM

Actually, you're being a jerk-off.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
07-19-2006, 01:41 PM

I love the band but greatly dislike this album. Not cause I "don't get it" but because I think it sucks. Not as a stand-alone piece of music, but in comparison to all the previous releases..... but hey if you guys can get into Nardo singing about monkeys and shit more power too you!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

I love the band but greatly dislike this album. Not cause I "don't get it" but because I think it sucks. Not as a stand-alone piece of music, but in comparison to all the previous releases..... but hey if you guys can get into Nardo singing about monkeys and shit more power too you!
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar SpiraMirabilis
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM

I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Bincount™: 5286

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
The Village Too
07-19-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady

later.
oh my god you stupid ass TOOL FAN motherfucker! "should I hit him?"

i like the new album but it isn't the most amazing thing to come down the line to me. i love tool. they're excellent. but whatever i like about tool is what i like about tool and it doesn't matter if other cocky ass "true tool fans" enjoy entirely different facets of the music. that guy was after the riffs of the older albums, which is totally valid. and to be honest, whether or not the listeners dig it or not, there's a lot more buildup/intro on this album than anything else, which is great if you're the mars volta and have a lot of time to waste but shitty if you've always been a fan of the riffs.

jesus. this story should've ended with him saying "there's no memorable riffs" a moment before kicking you square in the balls.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:

later.
oh my god you stupid ass TOOL FAN motherfucker! "should I hit him?"

i like the new album but it isn't the most amazing thing to come down the line to me. i love tool. they're excellent. but whatever i like about tool is what i like about tool and it doesn't matter if other cocky ass "true tool fans" enjoy entirely different facets of the music. that guy was after the riffs of the older albums, which is totally valid. and to be honest, whether or not the listeners dig it or not, there's a lot more buildup/intro on this album than anything else, which is great if you're the mars volta and have a lot of time to waste but shitty if you've always been a fan of the riffs.

jesus. this story should've ended with him saying "there's no memorable riffs" a moment before kicking you square in the balls.
champion's Avatar champion
07-19-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiraMirabilis

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it.
Do you realize that you are the perennial stereotypical Tool fan that everyone hates? I can't believe people like you actually exist. "I think it's a masterpiece, therefore it is factually a masterpiece, and anybody who doesn't like it doesn't get it." Ever hear of taste?

Apparently, you get it. So, what is there to get? Fill me in on why this is clearly a masterpiece, and why people who don't think it is are missing these things.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

Quote:

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it.
Do you realize that you are the perennial stereotypical Tool fan that everyone hates? I can't believe people like you actually exist. "I think it's a masterpiece, therefore it is factually a masterpiece, and anybody who doesn't like it doesn't get it." Ever hear of taste?

Apparently, you get it. So, what is there to get? Fill me in on why this is clearly a masterpiece, and why people who don't think it is are missing these things.
07-19-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
Do you realize that you are the perennial stereotypical Tool fan that everyone hates?
Yes
Old 07-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #10
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Quote:
Do you realize that you are the perennial stereotypical Tool fan that everyone hates?
Yes
Kalamazoo's Avatar Kalamazoo
07-19-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:

i disagree. i think you're a blind fanboi who does not realize there's other albums that are better that you could have been listening to that whole month that 10k days was in your stereo.

Last edited by Kalamazoo; 07-19-2006 at 03:13 PM..
Old 07-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
Kalamawho?

Bincount™: 2333

Quote:

i disagree. i think you're a blind fanboi who does not realize there's other albums that are better that you could have been listening to that whole month that 10k days was in your stereo.

Last edited by Kalamazoo; 07-19-2006 at 03:13 PM..
Stinkfyst's Avatar Stinkfyst
07-19-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
Singing about monkeys and shit? You proved that you don't ''get'' the album.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
07-19-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:

You my friend need to open up your mind a little bit. Things aren't set in stone as being masterpieces or not being masterpieces. If a person doesn't like it, it does not mean they don't understand it, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. A person can understand things and not like the truth ya know, such as smoking cigarettes is bad for you, it's a fact, everyone accepts it's a fact, not everyone likes that, because they like smoking. You can't paint everything to be so black and white. Open up a little.

And by the way, I love the album, but I have no problem with anyone who doesn't.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:

You my friend need to open up your mind a little bit. Things aren't set in stone as being masterpieces or not being masterpieces. If a person doesn't like it, it does not mean they don't understand it, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. A person can understand things and not like the truth ya know, such as smoking cigarettes is bad for you, it's a fact, everyone accepts it's a fact, not everyone likes that, because they like smoking. You can't paint everything to be so black and white. Open up a little.

And by the way, I love the album, but I have no problem with anyone who doesn't.
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM

I wanted to like this album. When I first heard Lateralus, I could hardly understand what was going on. It took awhile, but I was willing. Same with this album, I had to listen for awhile before I could even get into some of it. I can't speak objectively because I am a hardcore Tool fan.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #14
Prana

Bincount™: 8

I wanted to like this album. When I first heard Lateralus, I could hardly understand what was going on. It took awhile, but I was willing. Same with this album, I had to listen for awhile before I could even get into some of it. I can't speak objectively because I am a hardcore Tool fan.
07-19-2006, 06:50 PM

The point of this album was NOT to make a masterpiece, but a raw heavy sounding in your face piece of art.

The dude was right, there is no Memorable riffs. How can the riffs be memorable if most of them are written in the "CHUGGA CHUGGA" open D string pattern? The only masterpiece from this album comes from the production. The way adams guitar sounds is what is memorable, not adams 5 note with 40 seconds of feed back solos. This goes for Danny and Justin and Maynard aswell.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 15

The point of this album was NOT to make a masterpiece, but a raw heavy sounding in your face piece of art.

The dude was right, there is no Memorable riffs. How can the riffs be memorable if most of them are written in the "CHUGGA CHUGGA" open D string pattern? The only masterpiece from this album comes from the production. The way adams guitar sounds is what is memorable, not adams 5 note with 40 seconds of feed back solos. This goes for Danny and Justin and Maynard aswell.
a788's Avatar a788
07-19-2006, 06:51 PM

disagree
Old 07-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

disagree
AMF
07-19-2006, 09:47 PM

Lateralus is their "best" I think. Aenima I guess could be considered so as well, but definitely not 10,000 Days even though it's my personal favorite.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #17
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Lateralus is their "best" I think. Aenima I guess could be considered so as well, but definitely not 10,000 Days even though it's my personal favorite.
theprosperone
07-19-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:

later.
Heh I kinda agree. There are different factors here and there but really if you don't like this album you really don't like what Tool is about, at least now.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #18

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

later.
Heh I kinda agree. There are different factors here and there but really if you don't like this album you really don't like what Tool is about, at least now.
savelints8's Avatar savelints8
07-19-2006, 11:45 PM

No one is to say who is a real fan and who isn't, or who "gets" it and who doesn't.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

No one is to say who is a real fan and who isn't, or who "gets" it and who doesn't.
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
07-20-2006, 12:50 AM

I love each and every album administered by TOOL, this because, I go through so much to figure out each story, and the secrets betwixted each lyrics in every song. The fun songs, the cover songs, etc... I love this album, 10,000 Days, as well as every other album, including Salival. The reason being, they have been my life for more than half of my life, 9 years at that. I support them with patience of researching their meanings in each album, that helps me appreciate each one more and more. They deserve undieing credit, because they come in with complete origionality each and every time. Take care.

-Andrew.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

I love each and every album administered by TOOL, this because, I go through so much to figure out each story, and the secrets betwixted each lyrics in every song. The fun songs, the cover songs, etc... I love this album, 10,000 Days, as well as every other album, including Salival. The reason being, they have been my life for more than half of my life, 9 years at that. I support them with patience of researching their meanings in each album, that helps me appreciate each one more and more. They deserve undieing credit, because they come in with complete origionality each and every time. Take care.

-Andrew.
phishman1's Avatar phishman1
07-20-2006, 04:23 AM

To whoever said Tool is "less passionate" now than they previously were...I am speechless. As I have previously stated in other posts to the "naysayers", I really wish you could hear and feel what the rest of us do when we listen to 10,000 Days. Oh well.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:23 AM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467

To whoever said Tool is "less passionate" now than they previously were...I am speechless. As I have previously stated in other posts to the "naysayers", I really wish you could hear and feel what the rest of us do when we listen to 10,000 Days. Oh well.
grady's Avatar grady
07-20-2006, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamazoo
You obviously didn't read past the first line. (which by the way was a ? not a statement)

And to everyone else who thinks I'm a dick who is mad sthat omeone else doesnt like the album enough, didn't "get" my post.

As you know, being a TOOL fan isn't like being a fan of any other band. I just can't comprehend how someone can love tool and get it, and have it mean so much more than other music, and then say the new album sucks. HOW CAN IT SUCK?!
Say it aloud to hear how absurd it sounds..."TOOL sucks" It's like an oxymoron.

To reiterate...I understand preferring other albums more. Don't be such a bunch of pussies.

grady
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
You obviously didn't read past the first line. (which by the way was a ? not a statement)

And to everyone else who thinks I'm a dick who is mad sthat omeone else doesnt like the album enough, didn't "get" my post.

As you know, being a TOOL fan isn't like being a fan of any other band. I just can't comprehend how someone can love tool and get it, and have it mean so much more than other music, and then say the new album sucks. HOW CAN IT SUCK?!

To reiterate...I understand preferring other albums more. Don't be such a bunch of pussies.

grady
TOOL_Rules
07-20-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by æmoeba•°·.
I love each and every album administered by TOOL, this because, I go through so much to figure out each story, and the secrets betwixted each lyrics in every song. The fun songs, the cover songs, etc... I love this album, 10,000 Days, as well as every other album, including Salival. The reason being, they have been my life for more than half of my life, 9 years at that. I support them with patience of researching their meanings in each album, that helps me appreciate each one more and more. They deserve undieing credit, because they come in with complete originality each and every time. Take care.

-Andrew.
So glad to hear such maturity from such a young man. You, my friend, GET IT. Whether anyone can truly define what "getting it" means, Andrew understands. The key word in his post is patience. Some of the "disgruntled about 10K Days" people could use a little of that and be having as much fun as everyone else. You never know what may happen, folks. This may be the last time you ever have the opportunity to see a band like this in your lifetime. I know they PLAN to make at least one more album, but no one can predict what may happen to any of the band members between now and the completion of those anticipated plans. Enjoy the moment and quit bitching about 10K Days. It is what it is and, though it may not "flow" as well as Lateralus or have as many "memorable riffs and tunes" as Aenima, it is truly their best work to date IMHO. No one can seriously put up as an example (though I know some will try) another CD that has come out since Lateralus that compares with anything this band has done. They're nearly selling out 15,000 seat arenas with virtually no promotion. Plenty of people that hate 10K Days are going to the shows because deep down they agree with this post.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by æmoeba•°·.
I love each and every album administered by TOOL, this because, I go through so much to figure out each story, and the secrets betwixted each lyrics in every song. The fun songs, the cover songs, etc... I love this album, 10,000 Days, as well as every other album, including Salival. The reason being, they have been my life for more than half of my life, 9 years at that. I support them with patience of researching their meanings in each album, that helps me appreciate each one more and more. They deserve undieing credit, because they come in with complete originality each and every time. Take care.

-Andrew.
So glad to hear such maturity from such a young man. You, my friend, GET IT. Whether anyone can truly define what "getting it" means, Andrew understands. The key word in his post is patience. Some of the "disgruntled about 10K Days" people could use a little of that and be having as much fun as everyone else. You never know what may happen, folks. This may be the last time you ever have the opportunity to see a band like this in your lifetime. I know they PLAN to make at least one more album, but no one can predict what may happen to any of the band members between now and the completion of those anticipated plans. Enjoy the moment and quit bitching about 10K Days. It is what it is and, though it may not "flow" as well as Lateralus or have as many "memorable riffs and tunes" as Aenima, it is truly their best work to date IMHO. No one can seriously put up as an example (though I know some will try) another CD that has come out since Lateralus that compares with anything this band has done. They're nearly selling out 15,000 seat arenas with virtually no promotion. Plenty of people that hate 10K Days are going to the shows because deep down they agree with this post.
07-20-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst
Just a joke, relax.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #24
amateur alchemist

Quote:
Just a joke, relax.
07-20-2006, 11:03 AM

I think people have misunderstood my previous post, or I didn't phrase it correctly.

I'm not complaining that people dislike the album, but the way they say its rubish because the dislike it. I, like many of us, have got a huge amount out of 10,000 days, so there must be somthing good about it, so I think its fair to say that people who don't like it don't "get" it.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #25
apt-get --dist-upgrade

I think people have misunderstood my previous post, or I didn't phrase it correctly.

I'm not complaining that people dislike the album, but the way they say its rubish because the dislike it. I, like many of us, have got a huge amount out of 10,000 days, so there must be somthing good about it, so I think its fair to say that people who don't like it don't "get" it.
toocooltool's Avatar toocooltool
07-20-2006, 11:06 AM

i like tool, but 10kd is not their besttttt
Old 07-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #26
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

i like tool, but 10kd is not their besttttt
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
07-20-2006, 11:08 AM

i like tool, but 10kd is their besttttt
Old 07-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #27
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

i like tool, but 10kd is their besttttt
Kalamazoo's Avatar Kalamazoo
07-20-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I read your whole post which is how i knew you had the cd in all month. I also knew it was a question and answered it with "I disagree".

Quote:
As you know, being a TOOL fan isn't like being a fan of any other band.
No, i dont know.

Quote:
I just can't comprehend how someone can love tool and get it, and have it mean so much more than other music, and then say the new album sucks. HOW CAN IT SUCK?!
Being a tool fan is like being a fan of any other band, except in your specific case, you're an elitist bitch about it.

Quote:
no, you dont understand.

go jack off to maynard
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #28
Kalamawho?

Bincount™: 2333

Quote:
I read your whole post which is how i knew you had the cd in all month. I also knew it was a question and answered it with "I disagree".

Quote:
As you know, being a TOOL fan isn't like being a fan of any other band.
No, i dont know.

Quote:
I just can't comprehend how someone can love tool and get it, and have it mean so much more than other music, and then say the new album sucks. HOW CAN IT SUCK?!
Being a tool fan is like being a fan of any other band, except in your specific case, you're an elitist bitch about it.

Quote:
no, you dont understand.

go jack off to maynard
Stinkfyst's Avatar Stinkfyst
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Just a joke, relax.
Oh, my bad. Lol...I've read alot of people making jokes like that and it usually pisses me off when people say anything reletively ignorant about anything, not just Tool related. No hard feelings. :)
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Just a joke, relax.
Oh, my bad. Lol...I've read alot of people making jokes like that and it usually pisses me off when people say anything reletively ignorant about anything, not just Tool related. No hard feelings. :)
07-20-2006, 11:23 AM

I got it. Defently!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #30
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

I got it. Defently!
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
07-20-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I like the album to a point, It's just that the production quality blows and the music is muddy and sloppy. Not up to Tool's standards by a long shot
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #31
amateur alchemist

Quote:
I like the album to a point, It's just that the production quality blows and the music is muddy and sloppy. Not up to Tool's standards by a long shot
duncang's Avatar duncang
07-20-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Was that meant to be a Tool reference?

If so, lollerskates.

But I see what you mean. I haven't really known of Tool for the longest of times (I believe I got my first album in 2003/2004), but I like to think I know a fair amount about them. I think all of the albums are excellent, including 10k Days, so I can't call myself a die-hard, but they are my favourite band, and I have a fair amount of knowledge of Tool.
Be A Human
Old 07-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Was that meant to be a Tool reference?

If so, lollerskates.

But I see what you mean. I haven't really known of Tool for the longest of times (I believe I got my first album in 2003/2004), but I like to think I know a fair amount about them. I think all of the albums are excellent, including 10k Days, so I can't call myself a die-hard, but they are my favourite band, and I have a fair amount of knowledge of Tool.
Be A Human
centaur
07-20-2006, 01:24 PM

hello guys

I don't agree with a GENERAL opinion that if somebody dislikes the album does not get tool

I do agree though that some people dislike the album only because it does not resemble lateralus or aenima and they can't accept the fact that TOOL EVOLVES. In this sesne they don't get tool

Finally, remember, good bad is very subjective and it changes. I used to think Lateralus is their best, now I tend to prefer Aenima and 10kd - that is how I feel now.

GENERALLY I THINK THAT ALL THE LAST THREE ALBUMS ARE MASTERPIECES AND ARE ON A SIMILAR LEVEL. Whether you will like this or that one more is irrelevant.

an important thing is that Tool yet again produced an album that beats anything we have on the rock scene

cheers

centaur
Old 07-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #33

Bincount™: 4

hello guys

I don't agree with a GENERAL opinion that if somebody dislikes the album does not get tool

I do agree though that some people dislike the album only because it does not resemble lateralus or aenima and they can't accept the fact that TOOL EVOLVES. In this sesne they don't get tool

Finally, remember, good bad is very subjective and it changes. I used to think Lateralus is their best, now I tend to prefer Aenima and 10kd - that is how I feel now.

GENERALLY I THINK THAT ALL THE LAST THREE ALBUMS ARE MASTERPIECES AND ARE ON A SIMILAR LEVEL. Whether you will like this or that one more is irrelevant.

an important thing is that Tool yet again produced an album that beats anything we have on the rock scene

cheers

centaur
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM

isnt this the first thread discussing this?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

isnt this the first thread discussing this?
07-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules
I thank you very much for at least having the heart to support me on my opinionated response. Take care.

-Andrew
Old 07-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules
I thank you very much for at least having the heart to support me on my opinionated response. Take care.

-Andrew
PenusMeanly
07-20-2006, 06:44 PM

I have been listening to Tool since Opiate came out (yup im OGT lol) and I love all their albums (10k days is excellent but not enough real songs) but I also appreciate that taste in music is subjective, there is no right and wrong when it comes to music, it comes down to the individuals personal opinion.
Also I love 10k days so why should I give a crap if other people dont like it, it's their loss.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

I have been listening to Tool since Opiate came out (yup im OGT lol) and I love all their albums (10k days is excellent but not enough real songs) but I also appreciate that taste in music is subjective, there is no right and wrong when it comes to music, it comes down to the individuals personal opinion.
Also I love 10k days so why should I give a crap if other people dont like it, it's their loss.
grady's Avatar grady
07-21-2006, 05:06 AM

Quote:

No, i dont know.

no, you dont understand.

go jack off to maynard
I'm real suprised more people haven't disagreed with you more. Maybe its a matter of opinion, but being a big tool fan is NOT the same as being an aerosmith fan. Donkey. I'm going to beat off to Maynard now. Thx.

grady
Old 07-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

No, i dont know.

no, you dont understand.

go jack off to maynard
I'm real suprised more people haven't disagreed with you more. Maybe its a matter of opinion, but being a big tool fan is NOT the same as being an aerosmith fan. Donkey. I'm going to beat off to Maynard now. Thx.

grady
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM

I think there is somthing unique about Tool, so I'll agree with grady.

I'll think of a reason later.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #38
apt-get --dist-upgrade

grady's Avatar grady
07-21-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:

Thank you. Not only haters are reading this.

grady
Old 07-21-2006, 08:17 AM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Thank you. Not only haters are reading this.

grady
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
07-21-2006, 08:21 AM

yeah this is a harder album to get into because of its
versatility...however
what i craved from tool was thier versatility
i love the way they spreaded thier wings
Old 07-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #40
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801