opin.menu.register.jpgopin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Reply
Old 07-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
grady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 72
Bincount™: 1
Do You Agree...

...those who say they "don't like" the album, just don't "get" TOOL?
I can understand if you prefer past albums, but isn't it impossible to "dislike" a song/album?

I went in a liquor store yesterday wearing my new 10K shirt. This kid stops in his tracks staring at me. Finally he speaks and says "Awesome shirt! Do you like the album?" I explained how it didn't leave my cd player for almost a month when it came out. (I was actually listening to it as I pulled up too)

He shocked me by saying that he didn't like it and things like, "there's no memorable riffs..." and "I can't listen to 4 mins of intro anymore."

I really thought "Should I hit him?" After a few minutes of his absurd reasonings for it not being as good as Opiate, I told him he was clearly an idiot.

Of course he then told me I should check out his band. (i've been in a couple bands for nearly 10 yrs, so...) I wasn't trying to hear that and left.

I've been puzzled by this fucker since, and then it dawned on me. Even if someone is a TOOL fan and think they're die hard, it is possible for them not to really "get" it.

If you guys agree, I won't go back and lay into him today.

later.
__________________
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.


grady
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
Artistic Sickness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Within and Beneath
Posts: 84
Bincount™: 0
Re: Do You Agree...

with every tool album, certain people become bigger fans, and certain people fall out of love with the music. Every album has been a pretty big departure from the one previous.. it's completely reasonable that someone could love tool up until 10kdays, and dislike the album, but still be a huge fan of the band and the music. Don't get started on this "true fan" shit. It's just rock music... albeit, really fucking good rock music.
__________________
Life is like a garbage can. Sometimes you find something interesting.... but mostly just garbage.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Towely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: nowhere/everywhere
Posts: 431
Bincount™: 402
Re: Do You Agree...

I think the new album is their third best release in the last 10 years, not including Salival. You sir are wrong. Just because someone has an opinion on the album doesn't mean that they don't "get" Tool. Tool is not the same band they once were and seem less passionate. Personally, I think most people are just too stubborn to say that the album isn't a masterpiece, but that is my opinion.

That kid should have hit you for telling him that he was an idiot because you're the idiot.
__________________
Our body is light
We are immortal
Our body is love
We are eternal... without judgement...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
TJP
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
TJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Uk
Posts: 198
Bincount™: 0
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Sickness
with every tool album, certain people become bigger fans, and certain people fall out of love with the music. Every album has been a pretty big departure from the one previous.. it's completely reasonable that someone could love tool up until 10kdays, and dislike the album, but still be a huge fan of the band and the music. Don't get started on this "true fan" shit. It's just rock music... albeit, really fucking good rock music.
i understand what you are saying about this "true fan" stuff but there are a lot of people who brought the new album and think they know everything about tool but last month they did'nt even know tool who where!
that kinda makes me sick
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Banned.
 
champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,321
Bincount™: 360
Re: Do You Agree...

Actually, you're being a jerk-off.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
amateur alchemist
 
resonance.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: the palace
Posts: 2,471
Bincount™: 3472
Re: Do You Agree...

I love the band but greatly dislike this album. Not cause I "don't get it" but because I think it sucks. Not as a stand-alone piece of music, but in comparison to all the previous releases..... but hey if you guys can get into Nardo singing about monkeys and shit more power too you!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
apt-get --dist-upgrade
 
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: !E!G!O!T!R!I!P!I!N!G!
Posts: 2,263
Bincount™: 5286
Re: Do You Agree...

I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Blacklick, Ohio
Posts: 205
Bincount™: 17
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
He shocked me by saying that he didn't like it and things like, "there's no memorable riffs..." and "I can't listen to 4 mins of intro anymore."

I really thought "Should I hit him?" After a few minutes of his absurd reasonings for it not being as good as Opiate, I told him he was clearly an idiot.

Of course he then told me I should check out his band. (i've been in a couple bands for nearly 10 yrs, so...) I wasn't trying to hear that and left.

I've been puzzled by this fucker since, and then it dawned on me. Even if someone is a TOOL fan and think they're die hard, it is possible for them not to really "get" it.

If you guys agree, I won't go back and lay into him today.

later.
oh my god you stupid ass TOOL FAN motherfucker! "should I hit him?"

i like the new album but it isn't the most amazing thing to come down the line to me. i love tool. they're excellent. but whatever i like about tool is what i like about tool and it doesn't matter if other cocky ass "true tool fans" enjoy entirely different facets of the music. that guy was after the riffs of the older albums, which is totally valid. and to be honest, whether or not the listeners dig it or not, there's a lot more buildup/intro on this album than anything else, which is great if you're the mars volta and have a lot of time to waste but shitty if you've always been a fan of the riffs.

jesus. this story should've ended with him saying "there's no memorable riffs" a moment before kicking you square in the balls.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Banned.
 
champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,321
Bincount™: 360
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiraMirabilis
I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it.
Do you realize that you are the perennial stereotypical Tool fan that everyone hates? I can't believe people like you actually exist. "I think it's a masterpiece, therefore it is factually a masterpiece, and anybody who doesn't like it doesn't get it." Ever hear of taste?

Apparently, you get it. So, what is there to get? Fill me in on why this is clearly a masterpiece, and why people who don't think it is are missing these things.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #10
apt-get --dist-upgrade
 
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: !E!G!O!T!R!I!P!I!N!G!
Posts: 2,263
Bincount™: 5286
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
Do you realize that you are the perennial stereotypical Tool fan that everyone hates?
Yes
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
Kalamawho?
 
Kalamazoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ELDER LAND LOL
Posts: 1,199
Bincount™: 2333
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
...those who say they "don't like" the album, just don't "get" TOOL?

i disagree. i think you're a blind fanboi who does not realize there's other albums that are better that you could have been listening to that whole month that 10k days was in your stereo.

Last edited by Kalamazoo; 07-19-2006 at 03:13 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
Stinkfyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 97
Bincount™: 1
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
I love the band but greatly dislike this album. Not cause I "don't get it" but because I think it sucks. Not as a stand-alone piece of music, but in comparison to all the previous releases..... but hey if you guys can get into Nardo singing about monkeys and shit more power too you!
Singing about monkeys and shit? You proved that you don't ''get'' the album.
__________________
Two thumbs up if you like the smell of chocolate cake.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
rogerdoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SLC UT
Posts: 478
Bincount™: 8
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiraMirabilis
I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
You my friend need to open up your mind a little bit. Things aren't set in stone as being masterpieces or not being masterpieces. If a person doesn't like it, it does not mean they don't understand it, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. A person can understand things and not like the truth ya know, such as smoking cigarettes is bad for you, it's a fact, everyone accepts it's a fact, not everyone likes that, because they like smoking. You can't paint everything to be so black and white. Open up a little.

And by the way, I love the album, but I have no problem with anyone who doesn't.
__________________
Monkey Killing Monkey Killing Monkey....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #14
Prana
 
Choice Breath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Locus Delecti
Posts: 408
Bincount™: 8
Re: Do You Agree...

I wanted to like this album. When I first heard Lateralus, I could hardly understand what was going on. It took awhile, but I was willing. Same with this album, I had to listen for awhile before I could even get into some of it. I can't speak objectively because I am a hardcore Tool fan.
__________________
". . . A Perfect Circle is just a holiday thing and Tool is like coming back home." MJK
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous
 
Dredg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,014
Bincount™: 15
Re: Do You Agree...

The point of this album was NOT to make a masterpiece, but a raw heavy sounding in your face piece of art.


The dude was right, there is no Memorable riffs. How can the riffs be memorable if most of them are written in the "CHUGGA CHUGGA" open D string pattern? The only masterpiece from this album comes from the production. The way adams guitar sounds is what is memorable, not adams 5 note with 40 seconds of feed back solos. This goes for Danny and Justin and Maynard aswell.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous
 
a788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,820
Bincount™: 2268
Re: Do You Agree...

disagree
__________________
"i'm shorter than he is, i have nothing to say."
-mjk (MTV Interview)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #17
Unreasonably Reasonable
 
McRoggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 6,778
Bincount™: 8396
Re: Do You Agree...

Sorry grady, I disagree. I don't care if people dislike 10,000 Days, that's their 'problem'. I personally think 10,000 Days is Tool's best album.

Your post is in fact of the same attitude as 10,000 Days 'haters' say 10,000 Days fans are 'stupid' fanbois. I hate that.
__________________
Light at the Horizon.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #18
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 673
Bincount™: 31
Re: Do You Agree...

Lateralus is their "best" I think. Aenima I guess could be considered so as well, but definitely not 10,000 Days even though it's my personal favorite.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #19
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 172
Bincount™: 4
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
...those who say they "don't like" the album, just don't "get" TOOL?
I can understand if you prefer past albums, but isn't it impossible to "dislike" a song/album?

I went in a liquor store yesterday wearing my new 10K shirt. This kid stops in his tracks staring at me. Finally he speaks and says "Awesome shirt! Do you like the album?" I explained how it didn't leave my cd player for almost a month when it came out. (I was actually listening to it as I pulled up too)

He shocked me by saying that he didn't like it and things like, "there's no memorable riffs..." and "I can't listen to 4 mins of intro anymore."

I really thought "Should I hit him?" After a few minutes of his absurd reasonings for it not being as good as Opiate, I told him he was clearly an idiot.

Of course he then told me I should check out his band. (i've been in a couple bands for nearly 10 yrs, so...) I wasn't trying to hear that and left.

I've been puzzled by this fucker since, and then it dawned on me. Even if someone is a TOOL fan and think they're die hard, it is possible for them not to really "get" it.

If you guys agree, I won't go back and lay into him today.

later.
Heh I kinda agree. There are different factors here and there but really if you don't like this album you really don't like what Tool is about, at least now.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous
 
savelints8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Posts: 1,061
Bincount™: 4914
Re: Do You Agree...

No one is to say who is a real fan and who isn't, or who "gets" it and who doesn't.
__________________
THE PARTICIPATION OF THE KGB IN THIS INCIDENT
IS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ∙• Ohio •∙
Posts: 442
Bincount™: 9
Re: Do You Agree...

I love each and every album administered by TOOL, this because, I go through so much to figure out each story, and the secrets betwixted each lyrics in every song. The fun songs, the cover songs, etc... I love this album, 10,000 Days, as well as every other album, including Salival. The reason being, they have been my life for more than half of my life, 9 years at that. I support them with patience of researching their meanings in each album, that helps me appreciate each one more and more. They deserve undieing credit, because they come in with complete origionality each and every time. Take care.

-Andrew.
__________________
.•۞°..((..Novus Opiate Seclorum.:•۞°·.)).۞•.
•TORZU AAO HUBARDO TIBBP TZAMRAN AAF NOR MOLAP IZIPOP FOARGT VRAN LUCIFTIA PIRIPSOL•
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:23 AM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
phishman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 663
Bincount™: 467
Re: Do You Agree...

To whoever said Tool is "less passionate" now than they previously were...I am speechless. As I have previously stated in other posts to the "naysayers", I really wish you could hear and feel what the rest of us do when we listen to 10,000 Days. Oh well.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
grady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 72
Bincount™: 1
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamazoo
i disagree. i think you're a blind fanboi who does not realize there's other albums that are better that you could have been listening to that whole month that 10k days was in your stereo.
You obviously didn't read past the first line. (which by the way was a ? not a statement)

And to everyone else who thinks I'm a dick who is mad sthat omeone else doesnt like the album enough, didn't "get" my post.

As you know, being a TOOL fan isn't like being a fan of any other band. I just can't comprehend how someone can love tool and get it, and have it mean so much more than other music, and then say the new album sucks. HOW CAN IT SUCK?!
Say it aloud to hear how absurd it sounds..."TOOL sucks" It's like an oxymoron.

To reiterate...I understand preferring other albums more. Don't be such a bunch of pussies.
__________________
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.


grady
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #24
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 124
Bincount™: 0
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by æmoeba•°·.
I love each and every album administered by TOOL, this because, I go through so much to figure out each story, and the secrets betwixted each lyrics in every song. The fun songs, the cover songs, etc... I love this album, 10,000 Days, as well as every other album, including Salival. The reason being, they have been my life for more than half of my life, 9 years at that. I support them with patience of researching their meanings in each album, that helps me appreciate each one more and more. They deserve undieing credit, because they come in with complete originality each and every time. Take care.

-Andrew.
So glad to hear such maturity from such a young man. You, my friend, GET IT. Whether anyone can truly define what "getting it" means, Andrew understands. The key word in his post is patience. Some of the "disgruntled about 10K Days" people could use a little of that and be having as much fun as everyone else. You never know what may happen, folks. This may be the last time you ever have the opportunity to see a band like this in your lifetime. I know they PLAN to make at least one more album, but no one can predict what may happen to any of the band members between now and the completion of those anticipated plans. Enjoy the moment and quit bitching about 10K Days. It is what it is and, though it may not "flow" as well as Lateralus or have as many "memorable riffs and tunes" as Aenima, it is truly their best work to date IMHO. No one can seriously put up as an example (though I know some will try) another CD that has come out since Lateralus that compares with anything this band has done. They're nearly selling out 15,000 seat arenas with virtually no promotion. Plenty of people that hate 10K Days are going to the shows because deep down they agree with this post.
__________________
TOOL_Rules
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #25
amateur alchemist
 
resonance.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: the palace
Posts: 2,471
Bincount™: 3472
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst
Singing about monkeys and shit? You proved that you don't ''get'' the album.
Just a joke, relax.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #26
apt-get --dist-upgrade
 
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: !E!G!O!T!R!I!P!I!N!G!
Posts: 2,263
Bincount™: 5286
Re: Do You Agree...

I think people have misunderstood my previous post, or I didn't phrase it correctly.

I'm not complaining that people dislike the album, but the way they say its rubish because the dislike it. I, like many of us, have got a huge amount out of 10,000 days, so there must be somthing good about it, so I think its fair to say that people who don't like it don't "get" it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #27
Banned.
 
toocooltool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: OMARION
Posts: 1,194
Bincount™: 4396
Re: Do You Agree...

i like tool, but 10kd is not their besttttt
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #28
Banned.
 
DON IOTAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 7,004
Bincount™: 13310
Re: Do You Agree...

i like tool, but 10kd is their besttttt
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #29
Kalamawho?
 
Kalamazoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ELDER LAND LOL
Posts: 1,199
Bincount™: 2333
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
You obviously didn't read past the first line. (which by the way was a ? not a statement)
I read your whole post which is how i knew you had the cd in all month. I also knew it was a question and answered it with "I disagree".


Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
As you know, being a TOOL fan isn't like being a fan of any other band.
No, i dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
I just can't comprehend how someone can love tool and get it, and have it mean so much more than other music, and then say the new album sucks. HOW CAN IT SUCK?!
Say it aloud to hear how absurd it sounds..."TOOL sucks" It's like an oxymoron.
Being a tool fan is like being a fan of any other band, except in your specific case, you're an elitist bitch about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
To reiterate...I understand preferring other albums more. Don't be such a bunch of pussies.
no, you dont understand.

go jack off to maynard
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
Stinkfyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 97
Bincount™: 1
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
Just a joke, relax.
Oh, my bad. Lol...I've read alot of people making jokes like that and it usually pisses me off when people say anything reletively ignorant about anything, not just Tool related. No hard feelings. :)
__________________
Two thumbs up if you like the smell of chocolate cake.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #31
Banned.
 
mr. nikki jensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: land of Danes! Smoking baby friend: mooseifer
Posts: 2,406
Bincount™: 4277
Re: Do You Agree...

I got it. Defently!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #32
amateur alchemist
 
resonance.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: the palace
Posts: 2,471
Bincount™: 3472
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst
Oh, my bad. Lol...I've read alot of people making jokes like that and it usually pisses me off when people say anything reletively ignorant about anything, not just Tool related. No hard feelings. :)
I like the album to a point, It's just that the production quality blows and the music is muddy and sloppy. Not up to Tool's standards by a long shot
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
duncang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winchester, UK
Posts: 404
Bincount™: 12
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
Actually, you're being a jerk-off.
Was that meant to be a Tool reference?


If so, lollerskates.




But I see what you mean. I haven't really known of Tool for the longest of times (I believe I got my first album in 2003/2004), but I like to think I know a fair amount about them. I think all of the albums are excellent, including 10k Days, so I can't call myself a die-hard, but they are my favourite band, and I have a fair amount of knowledge of Tool.
__________________
Feel The Rhythm | Feel Connection | Feel Inspired
Fathom The Power | Witness The Beauty | Bathe In The Fountain
Swing On The Spiral
Be A Human
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #34
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 122
Bincount™: 4
Re: Do You Agree...

hello guys

I don't agree with a GENERAL opinion that if somebody dislikes the album does not get tool

I do agree though that some people dislike the album only because it does not resemble lateralus or aenima and they can't accept the fact that TOOL EVOLVES. In this sesne they don't get tool

Finally, remember, good bad is very subjective and it changes. I used to think Lateralus is their best, now I tend to prefer Aenima and 10kd - that is how I feel now.

GENERALLY I THINK THAT ALL THE LAST THREE ALBUMS ARE MASTERPIECES AND ARE ON A SIMILAR LEVEL. Whether you will like this or that one more is irrelevant.

an important thing is that Tool yet again produced an album that beats anything we have on the rock scene

cheers

centaur
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #35
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in the gutter
Posts: 907
Bincount™: 122
Re: Do You Agree...

isnt this the first thread discussing this?
__________________
the worst blowjob is still better than seeing the greatest sunset
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ∙• Ohio •∙
Posts: 442
Bincount™: 9
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules
So glad to hear such maturity from such a young man. You, my friend, GET IT. Whether anyone can truly define what "getting it" means, Andrew understands. The key word in his post is patience. Some of the "disgruntled about 10K Days" people could use a little of that and be having as much fun as everyone else. You never know what may happen, folks. This may be the last time you ever have the opportunity to see a band like this in your lifetime. I know they PLAN to make at least one more album, but no one can predict what may happen to any of the band members between now and the completion of those anticipated plans. Enjoy the moment and quit bitching about 10K Days. It is what it is and, though it may not "flow" as well as Lateralus or have as many "memorable riffs and tunes" as Aenima, it is truly their best work to date IMHO. No one can seriously put up as an example (though I know some will try) another CD that has come out since Lateralus that compares with anything this band has done. They're nearly selling out 15,000 seat arenas with virtually no promotion. Plenty of people that hate 10K Days are going to the shows because deep down they agree with this post.
I thank you very much for at least having the heart to support me on my opinionated response. Take care.

-Andrew
__________________
.•۞°..((..Novus Opiate Seclorum.:•۞°·.)).۞•.
•TORZU AAO HUBARDO TIBBP TZAMRAN AAF NOR MOLAP IZIPOP FOARGT VRAN LUCIFTIA PIRIPSOL•
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #37
Level 2 - Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6
Bincount™: 0
Re: Do You Agree...

I have been listening to Tool since Opiate came out (yup im OGT lol) and I love all their albums (10k days is excellent but not enough real songs) but I also appreciate that taste in music is subjective, there is no right and wrong when it comes to music, it comes down to the individuals personal opinion.
Also I love 10k days so why should I give a crap if other people dont like it, it's their loss.
__________________
Remember I'll always love you
As I tear your fucking throat away
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #38
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
grady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 72
Bincount™: 1
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamazoo
I read your whole post which is how i knew you had the cd in all month. I also knew it was a question and answered it with "I disagree".




No, i dont know.



Being a tool fan is like being a fan of any other band, except in your specific case, you're an elitist bitch about it.



no, you dont understand.

go jack off to maynard
I'm real suprised more people haven't disagreed with you more. Maybe its a matter of opinion, but being a big tool fan is NOT the same as being an aerosmith fan. Donkey. I'm going to beat off to Maynard now. Thx.
__________________
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.


grady
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #39
apt-get --dist-upgrade
 
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: !E!G!O!T!R!I!P!I!N!G!
Posts: 2,263
Bincount™: 5286
Re: Do You Agree...

I think there is somthing unique about Tool, so I'll agree with grady.

I'll think of a reason later.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:17 AM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
grady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 72
Bincount™: 1
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiraMirabilis
I think there is somthing unique about Tool, so I'll agree with grady.

I'll think of a reason later.
Thank you. Not only haters are reading this.
__________________
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.


grady
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote


Reply

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Quick Reply
Your Reply:
Forum Jump

all posts © their respective authors. the tool page is not responsible for any of their thoughts, brilliant or otherwise.