Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Ambival's Avatar Ambival
04-13-2007, 06:48 PM

We waited... how long? for 10k days... after Lateralus.... I'm afraid the gap between now and any beginning production on the next album is going to be too large.

I expect it will beyond 2010/2011 sometime. And I hope by then that I am not cursing somehow by wanting something completely different, yet again(I have a habit of cursing bands in this way).
I just can't imagine where they might go with it... I was expecting the last album to be revolutionary, to expand out of Lateralus in ways I would have never thought of.

But, eh....

Thoughts?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 152
Any ideas on the date of the next album?

We waited... how long? for 10k days... after Lateralus.... I'm afraid the gap between now and any beginning production on the next album is going to be too large.

I expect it will beyond 2010/2011 sometime. And I hope by then that I am not cursing somehow by wanting something completely different, yet again(I have a habit of cursing bands in this way).
I just can't imagine where they might go with it... I was expecting the last album to be revolutionary, to expand out of Lateralus in ways I would have never thought of.

But, eh....

Thoughts?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
04-13-2007, 07:06 PM

it'l be too long a wait, there will be too much hype, people who love lateralus and aenima will apreciate it, but not as much, people who love 10k days will hate it because it wasnt what they wanted, opiate undertow fans wont give a shit one way or the other, there will be months of argument over whether the album is real, there will be a split on whether you hate it or love it, people in between being egnored, submachine esq. people will flourish, somewhere through arguing about it people will forget about the concept of just listenin to the music, then a bit later others will shoot them down for it,and ill sit here, probably wacking off, and just be anoyed they cant spit out such good music more regularly than every 7 years (my prediction for their next, and final, album)

sorry, those where my thoughts in order they came up :S
Old 04-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104
Re: Any ideas on the date of the next album?

it'l be too long a wait, there will be too much hype, people who love lateralus and aenima will apreciate it, but not as much, people who love 10k days will hate it because it wasnt what they wanted, opiate undertow fans wont give a shit one way or the other, there will be months of argument over whether the album is real, there will be a split on whether you hate it or love it, people in between being egnored, submachine esq. people will flourish, somewhere through arguing about it people will forget about the concept of just listenin to the music, then a bit later others will shoot them down for it,and ill sit here, probably wacking off, and just be anoyed they cant spit out such good music more regularly than every 7 years (my prediction for their next, and final, album)

Ambival's Avatar Ambival
04-15-2007, 04:22 PM

Good thoughts

hey I don't really know...
I'm just guessing an release date of around 2010 or so. Since 10,000 Days isn't gonna get much play from me before then. I'm anticipating a next album.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
On Probation

Good thoughts

hey I don't really know...
I'm just guessing an release date of around 2010 or so. Since 10,000 Days isn't gonna get much play from me before then. I'm anticipating a next album.
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
04-15-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post

Haha, you are dead on, my man. Luosdasa is exactly right with how people will receive the new album.

But yeah, just so you know, 10,000 Days is the final Tool album if you ask me. If they make another one, there will be far more electronic influence on the music, if you ask me.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 04-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post

Haha, you are dead on, my man. Luosdasa is exactly right with how people will receive the new album.

But yeah, just so you know, 10,000 Days is the final Tool album if you ask me. If they make another one, there will be far more electronic influence on the music, if you ask me.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Matt8's Avatar Matt8
04-15-2007, 07:33 PM

wont be for at least another 5 years. hopefully they'll put out a live dvd to hold me over.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 249

wont be for at least another 5 years. hopefully they'll put out a live dvd to hold me over.
Chronicle0's Avatar Chronicle0
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM

haha your quote should be in Luo's sig.

anyways, the next album will defintatly be their last album. Hopefully they won't go all Rolling stones and keep going til their old and grey lol. Well, Maynard is doing more Puscifer stuff so that will hold me over hopefully. And the long-awaited video will be nice. I hope they will be more heavy on their last album.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

anyways, the next album will defintatly be their last album. Hopefully they won't go all Rolling stones and keep going til their old and grey lol. Well, Maynard is doing more Puscifer stuff so that will hold me over hopefully. And the long-awaited video will be nice. I hope they will be more heavy on their last album.
chalk_line's Avatar chalk_line
04-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle0 View Post

where do you get off saying the new album wil be their last?
what the fuck do you know, have you read anything, seen an interview, where they say their next album will be their last? why would you assume that, so they are getting older? they can still put out great albums and an untouchable live show. . . quit acting like you know anything at all about tool and just listen to another band
Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle0 View Post

what the fuck do you know, have you read anything, seen an interview, where they say their next album will be their last? why would you assume that, so they are getting older? they can still put out great albums and an untouchable live show. . . quit acting like you know anything at all about tool and just listen to another band
][ncognito
04-15-2007, 09:13 PM

I can see it being sooner this time rather than later. Those guys aren't getting any younger. If Maynard wants to tour he needs to do it while he's still got those young vocal chords :p
Old 04-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I can see it being sooner this time rather than later. Those guys aren't getting any younger. If Maynard wants to tour he needs to do it while he's still got those young vocal chords :p
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalk_line View Post
Ssssaaaaaaaaaaaaanap!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:
Ssssaaaaaaaaaaaaanap!!!
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM

See, in my little world there's a thing we call shit-talkin-rights. A bit like respect, these rights emass over time, they grow and multiply, and they have a storied history in social interaction. While it is everyones right to have and express an opinion. It is also their duty to not embarrass themselves and others, thus perpetuating their own shit-talkin-rights.
Now one can talk all the shit they want without the right to do so, but to have the right and not use it is the only sure fire way to true respect. Conversly, "the boy who cried wolf" will be your eternal label if you have no shit-talkin-rights and still talk shit. So in short, the best way to own shit-talkin-rights is to not use them. Everyone has them, but nobody will appriciate them unless you challenge youself to save them.

And their next album will come out 11/31/11 ...my sons 6th b-day and the last day of the world.

*thread killa yeah yeahah!!*

Peace.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

See, in my little world there's a thing we call shit-talkin-rights. A bit like respect, these rights emass over time, they grow and multiply, and they have a storied history in social interaction. While it is everyones right to have and express an opinion. It is also their duty to not embarrass themselves and others, thus perpetuating their own shit-talkin-rights.
Now one can talk all the shit they want without the right to do so, but to have the right and not use it is the only sure fire way to true respect. Conversly, "the boy who cried wolf" will be your eternal label if you have no shit-talkin-rights and still talk shit. So in short, the best way to own shit-talkin-rights is to not use them. Everyone has them, but nobody will appriciate them unless you challenge youself to save them.

And their next album will come out 11/31/11 ...my sons 6th b-day and the last day of the world.

*thread killa yeah yeahah!!*

Peace.
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambival View Post

But, eh....

Thoughts?
i think it'll come around 2008/2009
Old 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambival View Post

But, eh....

Thoughts?
i think it'll come around 2008/2009
Cheesegreater
04-16-2007, 08:06 PM

I can actually picture an earlier than expected release date. Maybe 09. I think they have a lot of creative juice they've tapped in to with the last two albums, and I think they want to burn it off while they're still somewhat youthful.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I can actually picture an earlier than expected release date. Maybe 09. I think they have a lot of creative juice they've tapped in to with the last two albums, and I think they want to burn it off while they're still somewhat youthful.
MORNING_GLORY
04-16-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
Why is that the last day of the world?

Besides... I happen to know the band and they said they'll be releasing a Tool movie on December 21st, 2012.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post

Besides... I happen to know the band and they said they'll be releasing a Tool movie on December 21st, 2012.
nabiliofadilio's Avatar nabiliofadilio
04-16-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNING_GLORY View Post

movie like what? huh? documentary? doubt it. box set? ohhh that'd be awesome
Old 04-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNING_GLORY View Post

movie like what? huh? documentary? doubt it. box set? ohhh that'd be awesome
04-17-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post

couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:43 AM   #15
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post

couldn't have said it better myself.
]v[edusa
04-17-2007, 06:41 AM

I could care less about a new album coming out soon. I'm happy with what I got now.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:41 AM   #16
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

I could care less about a new album coming out soon. I'm happy with what I got now.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
04-17-2007, 06:49 AM

WHAT A WISE WOMAN.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:49 AM   #17
Banned.

WHAT A WISE WOMAN.
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
04-17-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
yep, i can affirm that!
more than that, i think it would be a perfect point for tool to stop now and not make a new album. dont get me wrong though: i really really would like to hear more music from them, but i think that they reached the summit with 10,000 days! maybe not musically, but the message is there! fulfilled i think... you see, its a logical series from undertow to 10,000 days: the evolution of human consciousness, 10KD marking the climax with becoming one, enlightenment, merging of polarities... what would be the next step? the infinite void? or infinite light? you see what i mean?
it is completed..
hm, maybe there's a possibilty to proceed under a new band name?
what do you think?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
yep, i can affirm that!
more than that, i think it would be a perfect point for tool to stop now and not make a new album. dont get me wrong though: i really really would like to hear more music from them, but i think that they reached the summit with 10,000 days! maybe not musically, but the message is there! fulfilled i think... you see, its a logical series from undertow to 10,000 days: the evolution of human consciousness, 10KD marking the climax with becoming one, enlightenment, merging of polarities... what would be the next step? the infinite void? or infinite light? you see what i mean?
it is completed..
hm, maybe there's a possibilty to proceed under a new band name?
what do you think?
04-17-2007, 07:06 AM

next step would be

LOVE.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:06 AM   #19
Banned.

next step would be

LOVE.
Alex in Chains's Avatar Alex in Chains
04-17-2007, 07:21 AM

I'm thinking 2009, if Maynard isn't having too much fun with his winery. After Lateralus, they said that it would probably be only two years* until their next record, but I think APC fucked that up (and for what? Thirteenth Step was weak and Emotive was terrible). I think with APC out of the way -- as long as Maynard doesn't become too serious about Puscifer -- we're looking at three years between records. I hope that's the case. I think 2008 is maybe a little too optimistic, though; "two years" was probably an estimate intended to string fans along.

As for 10,000 Days, it's my second-favorite Tool record. I think people who were disappointed weren't necessarily expecting Lateralus II, they just weren't expecting a rock album. I love it, and I think it will stand the test of time much better than Lateralus. I think if they're smart, they'll stay in the vein of 10,000 Days and Ænima, their two best records, or try something radically different.

*EDIT: . . . unless they did something like The Wall. Their words (Danny's, I believe), not mine. That would be so cool.
<ru5ty> wat
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #20
Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Bincount™: 2934

I'm thinking 2009, if Maynard isn't having too much fun with his winery. After Lateralus, they said that it would probably be only two years* until their next record, but I think APC fucked that up (and for what? Thirteenth Step was weak and Emotive was terrible). I think with APC out of the way -- as long as Maynard doesn't become too serious about Puscifer -- we're looking at three years between records. I hope that's the case. I think 2008 is maybe a little too optimistic, though; "two years" was probably an estimate intended to string fans along.

As for 10,000 Days, it's my second-favorite Tool record. I think people who were disappointed weren't necessarily expecting Lateralus II, they just weren't expecting a rock album. I love it, and I think it will stand the test of time much better than Lateralus. I think if they're smart, they'll stay in the vein of 10,000 Days and Ænima, their two best records, or try something radically different.

*EDIT: . . . unless they did something like The Wall. Their words (Danny's, I believe), not mine. That would be so cool.
<ru5ty> wat
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
04-17-2007, 07:24 AM

13TH Step was not weak. Emotive was, indeed, shit.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #21
Banned.

dirtyepic's Avatar dirtyepic
04-17-2007, 07:35 AM

i hope adam and justin release an album with jams/dance music and all that..something amazing..you watch it will come and will be the greatest album ever..
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 995

i hope adam and justin release an album with jams/dance music and all that..something amazing..you watch it will come and will be the greatest album ever..
04-17-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
except imagine! :P
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 AM   #23

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
except imagine! :P
04-17-2007, 07:51 AM

right. Imagine was great.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #24
Banned.

right. Imagine was great.
Chronicle0's Avatar Chronicle0
04-17-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Lol whoa calm it down. I only say that because if you remember maynard's voice is in the process of diterating[sp] so that's a good reason to stop. Or stop for a very long time.

Plus i've heard their contract with Volcano lasts for one more album. Saw it here on TDN, i know they can renew contracts---- just restating a rumor.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Lol whoa calm it down. I only say that because if you remember maynard's voice is in the process of diterating[sp] so that's a good reason to stop. Or stop for a very long time.

Plus i've heard their contract with Volcano lasts for one more album. Saw it here on TDN, i know they can renew contracts---- just restating a rumor.
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
04-17-2007, 03:57 PM

What! This thread is still alive? Why all the speculation? We all know TOOL are bitches to the music. There'll be more when there's more to be.

Q.<...last day of the Mayan calendar. Some beleive it predicts the end.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

What! This thread is still alive? Why all the speculation? We all know TOOL are bitches to the music. There'll be more when there's more to be.

Q.<...last day of the Mayan calendar. Some beleive it predicts the end.
04-17-2007, 04:33 PM

may 15, 2001
Old 04-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #27
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

may 15, 2001
]v[edusa
04-17-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicbanana View Post
yep, i can affirm that!
more than that, i think it would be a perfect point for tool to stop now and not make a new album.
Yah, Isn't being famous a sort of place that they don't really want to get too involved with especially since they seem spiritual and talk about crucifying the ego? I think it would be a kind of hard to not slip into the gap. I personally wouldn't want to push Tool into making a new cd. I'm definately not "drooling in anticipation".

*LISTENS TO PUSHIT
Old 04-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #28
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicbanana View Post
yep, i can affirm that!
more than that, i think it would be a perfect point for tool to stop now and not make a new album.
Yah, Isn't being famous a sort of place that they don't really want to get too involved with especially since they seem spiritual and talk about crucifying the ego? I think it would be a kind of hard to not slip into the gap. I personally wouldn't want to push Tool into making a new cd. I'm definately not "drooling in anticipation".

*LISTENS TO PUSHIT
recor's Avatar recor
04-18-2007, 09:02 AM

i hope they put one out within the next 2 years
10,000 days is not what i was hoping for
altho what do they care what i think
Old 04-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

i hope they put one out within the next 2 years
10,000 days is not what i was hoping for
altho what do they care what i think
kyyuulle's Avatar kyyuulle
04-18-2007, 09:06 AM

BILBORAN

09/09/09

BELIEVE.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:06 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

BILBORAN

09/09/09

BELIEVE.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
04-18-2007, 10:12 AM

new album 11/11/11, Maynard told me that at his bday party.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #31
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

new album 11/11/11, Maynard told me that at his bday party.
04-18-2007, 10:31 AM

isnt that like a canadian holiday or sumpin?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #32
Banned.

isnt that like a canadian holiday or sumpin?
Ambival's Avatar Ambival
04-18-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyepic View Post
I just have to give this my full support.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #33
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyepic View Post
I just have to give this my full support.
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM

I'll bet it will be on a Tuesday.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

I'll bet it will be on a Tuesday.
04-18-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Why are you acting like he doesn't live inside a holy body?

Get the FACTS about FACTS!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Quote:

Why are you acting like he doesn't live inside a holy body?

Get the FACTS about FACTS!
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
04-18-2007, 02:07 PM

I dont see one coming for a long time...6 or 7 years maybe
Old 04-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #36
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

I dont see one coming for a long time...6 or 7 years maybe
Unintelligible_Whispering's Avatar Unintelligible_Whispering
05-03-2007, 05:18 AM

it will come out in 2013.

unfortunately the day after the album is released, the world will end. though most people will have had it for a month already after it was quickly leaked.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:18 AM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

it will come out in 2013.

unfortunately the day after the album is released, the world will end. though most people will have had it for a month already after it was quickly leaked.
05-03-2007, 07:06 AM

I'm gonna say 2010. I think 2009 is a little too soon. I also agree with whoever said that there would be much more of an electronic sound. It's obvious the band are big fans, and so my money is on something that carries on where Intension left off. I think that'd be the perfect direction for Tool to take right now considering their back catalougue. Oh and no matter what happens - expect Danny's use of the Mandala to go through the roof.
A lot of these bands see what's on the surface. Like they listen to our albums at F***ing parties or something, when we make music that you need to properly digest by being alone with the album. And all they hear is the aggressive side of things and don't stop to realize that the aggression is there for a reason, not just to make music to smoke to or whatever.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #38

I'm gonna say 2010. I think 2009 is a little too soon. I also agree with whoever said that there would be much more of an electronic sound. It's obvious the band are big fans, and so my money is on something that carries on where Intension left off. I think that'd be the perfect direction for Tool to take right now considering their back catalougue. Oh and no matter what happens - expect Danny's use of the Mandala to go through the roof.
A lot of these bands see what's on the surface. Like they listen to our albums at F***ing parties or something, when we make music that you need to properly digest by being alone with the album. And all they hear is the aggressive side of things and don't stop to realize that the aggression is there for a reason, not just to make music to smoke to or whatever.
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
05-03-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what I figured as well. The percussive style of "Intension" will bloom (though I hope Danny keeps his whole double bass drum and super-fast rolls thing going as well.) I can also picture a MUCH more ambient style of music for the next album considering how that's been building up since Ænima.

I still believe there will be no more albums, so I guess maybe we won't see this stuff happen (but if it does, so be it.)

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 05-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #39
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what I figured as well. The percussive style of "Intension" will bloom (though I hope Danny keeps his whole double bass drum and super-fast rolls thing going as well.) I can also picture a MUCH more ambient style of music for the next album considering how that's been building up since Ænima.

I still believe there will be no more albums, so I guess maybe we won't see this stuff happen (but if it does, so be it.)

DTA = don't trust anyone
mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
05-06-2007, 06:25 AM

3rd of january 2009. my 23rd birthday.

some say tool is on their last tour right now, and it probably ends within this year. then they have 08 to record a new album. i think its possible
Old 05-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #40
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

3rd of january 2009. my 23rd birthday.

some say tool is on their last tour right now, and it probably ends within this year. then they have 08 to record a new album. i think its possible

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply