opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 05. Forty-Six & 2
User Name
Password
Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Serial Killer Theory (sociopath)

I think that the song is about a serial killer/mass murderer. This would validate those who mentioned Jungian shadow theory. Just relate it to silence of the lambs, or the cell;both are great psychologically artistic films, musicians watch more movies while writing rather than listen to music. The first verse Talks about shedding skin, or molting, like the moths in silence of the lambs. These are a reference to the metamorphosis that takes place in the mind of the sociopath as they leave their normal, socially-acceptable, self to become "the creature within" or "the shadow". In the second verse the lyrics talk about wallowing in insecure delusions, exactly the type of Mental instability that would be associated with a mass murderer. The absolutely beautiful part is how this grand story fits into the theme and music. The chorus shows us a killer in the shadows, about to spring his attack on two innocent people. The first verses are his mental preparations, then comes the metamorphosis, or the attack. I think the link to the title, which might be a stretch, refers to 46 previous victims, and two just ahead of me...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
Banned.

Re: Serial Killer Theory (sociopath)

Good post is this.
thanks for the post.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
On Probation

Re: Serial Killer Theory (sociopath)