opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #841
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
South american tour?

Hey, i looked through the previous tours of tool, but couldnt find a single show in south america... Aren't they selling records enough there?

The thing is, im taking a class in Brazil from february through may, and I'm starting to get terrified i wont see tool again... The last confirmed show is in early february in europe, right? I live in Norway, so it would be typical my luck that they play Norway, sweden and/or denmark not too long after that, making me miss them in my hometown/neighourhood, only not to play south america...But surely, any big band with respect for themselves cant just skip this part of the world? AT LEAST not Rio de Janeiro?! Please tell me its gonna be allright, that i will se them many times on many different venues before they retreat from the tour (for good?)!?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #842
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: South american tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymolog View Post
Hey, i looked through the previous tours of tool, but couldnt find a single show in south america... Aren't they selling records enough there?

The thing is, im taking a class in Brazil from february through may, and I'm starting to get terrified i wont see tool again... The last confirmed show is in early february in europe, right? I live in Norway, so it would be typical my luck that they play Norway, sweden and/or denmark not too long after that, making me miss them in my hometown/neighourhood, only not to play south america...But surely, any big band with respect for themselves cant just skip this part of the world? AT LEAST not Rio de Janeiro?! Please tell me its gonna be allright, that i will se them many times on many different venues before they retreat from the tour (for good?)!?
Well... from all indications, its fair to assume the band will be back in the U.S on tour sometime in March. Undoubtledly, this tour will include several Southeastern dates. Your conundrum will be finding a tour date that extends past May, because I don't think the band will do South America. Id say your fairly safe to assume that US dates will continue past that date, however limmited. good luck... An you know it wouldnt be that bad just to miss a rock show... its better than losing an eye to cancer... or something like that
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-17-2006, 10:32 AM   #843
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
Well... from all indications, its fair to assume the band will be back in the U.S on tour sometime in March.
what indications are those? id love to see them back next year, but they just did a huge US tour for the new album.. why would they come back on tour?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #844
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3poundsoflove View Post
It is confirmed that in Europe (or at least in Italy) there will be Mastodon opening for Tool
i'm a bit disappointed with this. i don't really know mastadon. i was really hoping tool would bring isis over with them as they don't get to come to the uk that often.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #845
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockon83 View Post
what indications are those? id love to see them back next year, but they just did a huge US tour for the new album.. why would they come back on tour?
Well this post from their website might give you a clue:

BMB

29 September, 2006 (02:41pm)

SAN ANTONIO NEWS

With regards to the postponed show in San Antonio on September 12th, the band will make it up sometime in the early spring of next year. They are currently in the process of finalizing the tour details (Spring), so check back with the site as I hope to have more information in the next week or so.

(BMB is always slower than he states at getting information out)

However, I didn't really need that post to know that they would continue their US tour.

All you need to do is to look at their past Tours and you'll notice that they play almost everywhere in the US - they even played in Tennessee twice for Lateralus! They also have a history of splitting up the US tour in sections by taking some time to go overseas. Trust me, they'll be back.

Last edited by Runner701; 10-19-2006 at 09:13 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #846
Level 4 - Thinker

Sorry for asking this stupid crap question :

* Is it possible to see the band after the show ? I mean, outside, when they're leaving ?
Even if you have to wait something like 2 hours... *

I'm not a hysterical fan or anything like that but I'm going to see them in december for the very first time. TOOL is bringing so much to my life that I feel the need to see them, even if I'll probably never find the words to express what I feel, it's strange and hard to explain...

I need to know if I have any chance to see them or not, because if so, I have to book a hotel room, train tickets etc. So I have to plan all this in advance.

Thank you for your help.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #847
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Sorry for asking this stupid crap question :

* Is it possible to see the band after the show ? I mean, outside, when they're leaving ?

I'm not a hysterical fan or anything like that but I'm going to see them in december for the very first time. TOOL is bringing so much to my life that I feel the need to see them, even if I'll probably never find the words to express what I feel, it's strange and hard to explain...

I need to know if I have any chance to see them or not, because if so, I have to book a hotel room, train tickets etc. So I have to plan all this in advance.

Thank you for your help.

You will not get the chance to talk to the band after the show (even if you try hard - in which case you will be stopped by security).

I have heard that sometimes Danny and Justin (especially them) are known to puruse various "interesting points" throughout the city they are visiting before the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-23-2006, 07:07 AM   #848
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Well this post from their website might give you a clue:
BMB

29 September, 2006 (02:41pm)

SAN ANTONIO NEWS

With regards to the postponed show in San Antonio on September 12th, the band will make it up sometime in the early spring of next year. They are currently in the process of finalizing the tour details (Spring), so check back with the site as I hope to have more information in the next week or so.
I can't seem to find this post at the web site anymore. Although I originally saw it.
Think they removed it because they won't be updating the tour dates anytime soon.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #849
Syd
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned View Post
I can't seem to find this post at the web site anymore. Although I originally saw it.
Think they removed it because they won't be updating the tour dates anytime soon.
Click on the news page icon and the news archive choice appears, click on that and scroll down, that quote you were looking for is still there.

I think they will tour in the US again next year, but probably just spring and summer and they will call it good for a while.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:39 AM   #850
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Is there any chance tool might come back to Europe after the Winter tour?
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #851

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post
Click on the news page icon and the news archive choice appears, click on that and scroll down, that quote you were looking for is still there.

I think they will tour in the US again next year, but probably just spring and summer and they will call it good for a while.
\

duh!
I looked there and couldn't find it.

tanks! :)

I'm sure we'll get some info by....the holidays or January
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-24-2006, 11:52 PM   #852
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortably_numb View Post
Is there any chance tool might come back to Europe after the Winter tour?
i wouldn't expect them to. they only usually come over to europe twice whilst touring an album and their winter tour is pretty extensive across europe as a whole.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-25-2006, 04:48 AM   #853
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

[QUOTE=Lizz;1494459]Sorry for asking this stupid crap question :

[QUOTE]

Definitely. Danny and Justin have been known to step out of their buses after the show to say, hello, or sign a couple autographs. Just wait for the crowds to depart.
Also, as someone else posted, some of the members will wonder around town during the afternoon. Another thing, they usually do a soundcheck around 4 or 5pm. I got to hear a couple minutes of H from the loading/unloading area at the Tower show in Philly.
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #854
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Definitely. Danny and Justin have been known to step out of their buses after the show to say, hello, or sign a couple autographs. Just wait for the crowds to depart.
Also, as someone else posted, some of the members will wonder around town during the afternoon. Another thing, they usually do a soundcheck around 4 or 5pm. I got to hear a couple minutes of H from the loading/unloading area at the Tower show in Philly.
Thank you very much for your answer and for giving me hope at the same time ! :D

I'm going to consider all that and see what I can do about it. Maybe I'll be lucky at least once in my life...
OFFLINE |  
Old 10-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #855
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Also, as someone else posted, some of the members will wonder around town during the afternoon.
This is true. In Dallas, the lady next to me with her daughter, saw Danny riding his bike around downtown with a security guard and got a chance to say hi. Her daughter was VERY excited when she told us the story in the show, as I would have been.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-02-2006, 06:11 AM   #856
Level 7 - Loquacious

Well it looks like Tool will be making another record after 10,000 Days. At least, thats what I gather from recent posts from the band's website (16 October, 2006) as well as this week's Rolling Stone interview (Nov. 2 Edition) with Justin and Maynard.

Last edited by Runner701; 11-02-2006 at 06:29 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-02-2006, 06:42 AM   #857
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Well it looks like Tool will be making another record after 10,000 Days. At least, thats what I gather from recent posts from the band's website (16 October, 2006) as well as this week's Rolling Stone interview (Nov. 2 Edition) with Justin and Maynard.
what is said in rolling stone to suggest this???
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 AM   #858
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by theescapedslave View Post
what is said in rolling stone to suggest this???
I can't find it online... However when I read the Nov. 2 article (medium-sized, not a cover story) Justin made some comments about how some of the jams they were playing would likely be used on their next record.

Maynard was also saying some mumbo jumbo about listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs recently - thank god he described the Yeah Yeah Yeahs as a way he's "branching out" and not an inspiration for the new album!

Last edited by Runner701; 11-03-2006 at 04:05 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #859
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24

well hopefully we'll see it before 2011.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-03-2006, 07:49 AM   #860
(tdn $upporter) - S.O.B: Save Our Bluths

Bincount™: 33

Quote:
I can't find it online... However when I read the Nov. 2 article (medium-sized, not a cover story) Justin made some comments about how some of the jams they were playing would likely be used on their next record.

Maynard was also saying some mumbo jumbo about listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs recently - thank god he described the Yeah Yeah Yeahs as a way he's "branching out" and not an inspiration for the new album!
oh god, can u imagine a spastic maynard doing rosetta stoned hanging from the light rigs...and then falling on his ass while screaming like a banshee...yep. i dunno what band would actually be influencedp by the yeah yeah yeahs...that lead singer is fuckin demented.

'what happens after you figure out the meaning of life?...The List #43

myspace|flickr|
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-05-2006, 05:51 AM   #861
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 132
Re: Where the fuck is european tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy_Brown View Post
Sorry if I missed something.
They are canceling the shows without any statement.
What the hell is happening? The only thing we know is that Barcelona´s hall quoted something about logistical problems.
what ? what are you talking about ? source ? I'm supposed to see them in 5 days and it's says nothing about cancelations.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:04 AM   #862
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

from what I can tell only Barcelona was cancelled, the other two shows on the tour have gone ahead already

strange that toolband have said nothing about the cancelled show, as well as toolshed which seems to be ignoring the european tour so far - no places for reviews...??
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #863
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3053

if they cancel florence i might have to kill
that would be about 70 euro down the drain
how do you find out if something has been canceled
Old 11-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #864
Banned.

Bincount™: 77

fuck europe
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #865
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertoes View Post
fuck europe
No man, fuck you.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #866

Bincount™: 584

is this a tdn-europe-boycott or what?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #867
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 935

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertoes View Post
fuck europe
\

lol
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #868
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5441

fuck northeast siberia
"Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion."
-Bruce Lee
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #869
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5441

the madrid show last night featured the same setlist. wtf
go look at the upcoming concerts section.
"Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion."
-Bruce Lee
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #870
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

I hope they never tour europe again
then I can laaaugh and laugh
Old 11-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #871
wraithin' it with da ancients

Bincount™: 16535

die ATARI, die.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:41 AM   #872
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARtYr View Post
die ATARI, die.
+ painfully
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy_Brown View Post
got it already...
Setlist´s gonna change, I think.
Well the lisbon show setlist was the same too. This does not look too great... I just wrote an email to Blair asking him about this

myspace|flickr|
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #874

Bincount™: 584

damnit, I've looked all over, but can't find the fucking setlist. Why the hell isn't there a review section!!!

Can someone who've seen them here in europe give me the setlist?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:10 AM   #875
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

if it's the same fabienne just look at any setlist from the US tour in sept.

they better not cancel any fucing UK shows or I will not be a happy brit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-06-2006, 04:57 AM   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabienne78 View Post
damnit, I've looked all over, but can't find the fucking setlist. Why the hell isn't there a review section!!!

Can someone who've seen them here in europe give me the setlist?
Look in the threads for Lisbon and Madrid under the UPCOMING SHOWS section. For some reason the mods haven't enabled the review threads yet. And I do find it weird that no one even mentioned the cancelled Barcelona show (i.e. toolband or tdn) on their sites...

myspace|flickr|
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 AM   #877

This is the email i sent to Blair...wonder if he'll actually read it.

Quote:
As someone who attended 3 shows from the past european tour, and planning to attend 2 on the current one (munich, stuttgart)..and then seeing them in melbourne when I return to Australia (crikey-land) next year...I don't want to sound ungrateful or arrogant when I ask: should I bother?

Is there any reward to be gained from spending hard-earned money to see one of my most admired bands to just watch the same show apart from just being senseless 'notches on my belt'? And I know what you might say...Tool's back catalogue is slightly more complicated than say, Pearl Jam (who can potentially play any song they've ever done on a given night), or perhaps like Mr. Waters or Mr. Gilmour...those guys pretty much just play 1 setlist per tour every night, because it's not logistically possible to mix it up that much every night (and the same applies to Tool).

Having said all that, I think the following also needs to be said...One of the main things musically that drew me in with band was how they refuse to be predictable, refuse to compromise artistically for anyone. With regards to the live show...I had not seen Tool live before this year, though over the past 5 years I've been hearing what an incredible experience it is and how it's hard to predict what one might experience at one of their concerts.

If over 3 separate tours I can only expect to see pretty much the same 11-12 songs, then I might have to think twice about any subsequent tours for this album. Perhaps it's my fault for getting my expectations up, but perhaps the guys are also letting down their loyal fans a little by becoming predictable. If they keep playing the same setlists over and over, then people will probably be more hesitant to fork over their money when they coeme back again right? And at the end of the day, Tool aren't doing this simply to cash in their paychecks...are they? I for one certainly hope not.

Kind regards,

myspace|flickr|
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-06-2006, 05:18 AM   #878
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

that's nicely put dude, better than all the senseless whining about the setilst. let us know if you get a reply, although I wouldn't get your hopes up.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-06-2006, 05:27 AM   #879

Yeah I'm not...but I hope they can see it from our point of view a bit you know?

myspace|flickr|
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #880
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_schismic View Post
This is the email i sent to Blair...wonder if he'll actually read it.
Nicely put. I'm seeing them in Dublin. My 2nd time. I saw them at Download in June. I guess the only extra thing I'm expecting is visuals(it was too bright to see the screens at download). I really want the setlist to change dramatically. But I'm looking forward to hearing wings.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: