Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
bistrobeef
05-06-2006, 10:03 AM

listening to 10k days on my way to work today, it dawned on me that Maynards voice on Wing For Marie (Part 1) dont go or connect with the song I would love to hear that song and some of the rest like 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) without vocals. Being that Lustmord added the rain effect on it, his music is all sound and music to set the mood ambience. Anyone else feel me on this or am i just crazy. I think they should release a Non-Vocal disc just listening to the music is powerful. Dont get me wrong Maynard is a great singer songwriter but on this CD some songs just dont need his vocals.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Heres a Thought

listening to 10k days on my way to work today, it dawned on me that Maynards voice on Wing For Marie (Part 1) dont go or connect with the song I would love to hear that song and some of the rest like 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) without vocals. Being that Lustmord added the rain effect on it, his music is all sound and music to set the mood ambience. Anyone else feel me on this or am i just crazy. I think they should release a Non-Vocal disc just listening to the music is powerful. Dont get me wrong Maynard is a great singer songwriter but on this CD some songs just dont need his vocals.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
placidium's Avatar placidium
05-06-2006, 10:06 AM

pm jar_4_ever..
Old 05-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 1805
Re: Heres a Thought

pm jar_4_ever..
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
05-06-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bistrobeef
I agree. Even though Maynard will be the first to admit that the music does the real talking. I'm really hoping they don't put any filters on Nardos voice for Rosetta Stoned live. I think it would be much easier to delve into without the dirty effects.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Quote:
Originally Posted by bistrobeef
I agree. Even though Maynard will be the first to admit that the music does the real talking. I'm really hoping they don't put any filters on Nardos voice for Rosetta Stoned live. I think it would be much easier to delve into without the dirty effects.
Nameless One
05-06-2006, 10:46 AM

Agreed with OP - Maynard sounds weird most of the time; stays somehow away from the others.
They compensate strongly though - 10 000 Days is a great record.
I hope there will be a following one someday (sooner than 5 years :)
Old 05-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Agreed with OP - Maynard sounds weird most of the time; stays somehow away from the others.
They compensate strongly though - 10 000 Days is a great record.
I hope there will be a following one someday (sooner than 5 years :)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply