opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 11. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 06-16-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 79
Maynard afraid of commitment?

well my interpretation of pushit has always been that it kinda sounded like this girl was trying to rush him into this relationship and thats just where he didnt want to be...

my other thought is pushit comes after jimmy, and there could be a relation between these two songs, pushit being the aftermath of jimmy.

i realize this is like my second post, but i wanna hear what you guys think... im most likely wrong.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:14 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36
Re: Maynard afraid of commitment?

Possibly, I tend to look at it more as someone he loves as trapping him in a relationship he's already in. Either that, he's VERY deep into it and doesn't know how to break it off because its all he knows and is comfortable with, but also seems to know its killing him.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:53 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

my intrepretationof push it. is he finnally conquered something big in his life. lets say he got through some drug abuse or something like that. or maybe he finnally got by someone who was keeping him down. well thisperson, this thing, this drug are all trying to drag him back down to the bottom
Old 06-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

[QUOTE=Mr Omnipotent;335885]well my interpretation of pushit has always been that it kinda sounded like this girl was trying to rush him into this relationship and thats just where he didnt want to be...

my other thought is pushit comes after jimmy, and there could be a relation between these two songs, pushit being the aftermath of jimmy.

i realize this is like my second post, but i wanna hear what you guys think... im most

Last edited by Katarsis; 06-30-2014 at 02:15 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

ive always seen pushit as a song about a relationship that is over and talking about it in past tense. there is no love in vein. that line is saying hes went through all of the phases of being upset about a shitty relationship all the way to acceptance. accept that that relationship wasnt a waste.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

McNadd, the line to which you allude is not "there's no love in vain." Instead, Maynard sings "There's no love in fear."

That may change your interpretation as there's a significant difference in meaning between the two.

Having said that, I, too, interpret the song as being about a bad relationship. I've always thought it was about the protagonist of the song wanting to move away from his lover/partner. The relationship is a bad one and he's trapped and she's smothering him and trying to force him to stay and he just can't take it anymore and isn't going to stay. He has held on out of fear (fear of being alone, perhaps, or fear of what it would do to his child, fear of how it will change his own personal life or that of his baby -- note the line about the infant being his reflection), but he just can't do it any longer.

The only way he's going to get through to her is through forceful action. Tearing the throat away isn't a literal thing -- there's not going to be violence or any throat slashing going on. Instead, it's his metaphorical way of saying "I'm about to rip the throat out of this relationship ... it's going to hit you hard and hurt, but I'm fed up and I'm doing it anyway. I've let you force me to hold on out of fear and guilt for far too long. Enough is enough. I'm out biatch. Deal with it."
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Guys tell me. Sorry that I am writing in this thread. I just need help urgently. You need to write a review on the work of Jung, I was advised to the site https://essayontime.com.au/blog/ozessay-com-au-review did not try anyone else?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: