opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 05-31-2003, 05:36 AM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
i think he's a man, as i heard in a song, i thought it was "Third Eye" where "Bill Hicks" says something like this..

"Each Man Can Expirience Pain As Plesure"

so, i think MJK is a man, cause he can be hurt too! you know!

*Edit*, LOL, i just saw i allready replied in this thread, with my other (banned) name...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 05:40 AM   #42
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
Quote:
Originally posted by D/R/T

?????
I Think He Is Talking 'bout The Song "Lateralus" Now..

Black And White Is All I See,
In My Infancy,
Red And Yellow Then Came To Be,
Reaching Out To Me,
Let Me See...

Quote:
Originally posted by idontmind462
Maynard = Black, White, Red, Yellow

Adam = Black, White, Red, Yellow

Justin = Black and White

Danny = Black and White

I think.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:22 AM   #43
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
As much as I'd like to place 'em all on a pedestal and toss rollo's at their feet I won't.

Maynard is another fine example of a f*cked up human being just like the next person in line. Some humbling experience of mine in the past had me meeting up with a band I'd deeply admired. When I finally hooked up with'em it was like "hey, these are just people." They didn't walk on a 2-inch cushion of air or shit golden pyramids. When they farted it wasn't a host of heavenly voices singing a soul home.

The limelight, scrutiny and mystery of being in a band only serves to perpetuate the myth. They aren't on-line 24x7 like a mannequin in the shop window. People tend to want to soak up every aspect of the man's life and start creating some pretty outrageous ideas to fill the holes. "Maynard dos this so he must think like this...." "He definately means this..." "He doesn't like this so he must not like that...."

I'm sure that at some point it would be pretty damn outrageous to read something about yourself that another person or media reporter says or writes about you, knowing that it is completely not true. After a while, I don't know, I think I'd become numb to it.

Hell, with some of the adulations we heap on the guy one would think it hard not to believe the hype. I can't imagine it's at all easy doing it.

I just pray that he doesn't reatreat to "Never Never Land" in a fit of escape and fantasy.

In the end, it's something of Maynard's personality or lyrics that is a reflection of ourselves, of our wants or needs. Perhaps those that look at him as a God do so in order to help themselves attain that Godhood.

He is not God. He is your projection of God.

-Tant
Old 06-01-2003, 10:41 PM   #44
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
First off Synthemesk, hats off to you for making tools fo the rest of us. We think we know but we dont, because we dont know what we think we do know, unless of course we do and then i dont know.

Maynard is not a God, from all my reading, searching, and research, there is nothing even remotely close as to the definition of god in existance.

If Maynard did sleep with a groupie, why the fuck do you care its his life, his life has absolutely nothing to do with Tool. If you care about his life that much im pretty sure you can be considered a stalker.

but your quote:
I say they are Gods on stage because they are definitely distinct from ordinary people by that they can move, inspire, influence, and tear down massive crowds with the point of a finger, a strum of a note, or a glance of the eye.

Tool are not gods in any right at any time. Fuck you for puttingme below them.and what the fuck is an ordinary person? What is ordinary?...see now you got me getting all Matrix-y (by the way loved the second). We are all capaple of inspiring, influencing, and "tearing down massive crowds" Its just most people havent figured out how they were meant to do this. Tool have and they get the rules to the game. so i say fuck you for thinking anyone is better than yourself, fuck you for thinking that anyone is better than me. Fuck we are all tools for eachother. our society just doesnt get it.

Just read the qoute on the Opinion home page.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:42 PM   #45
Banned.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tantobourne
As much as I'd like to place 'em all on a pedestal and toss rollo's at their feet I won't.

-Tant
Tant, dont waste good food ok! Espescially rollo's.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:56 PM   #46
Banned.

Quote:
Originally posted by hateandvaseline
Maynard is a normal every day person like me and (hopefully) you. Where you came up with the idea of him being 'God' is completely absurd. Of course he is probably more intellegent than any of us, and more charasmatic, but that doesn't make him a God. If anyone should be God, it should be Adam.
well, your clearly below maynard if your going to contradict yourself in the same post...fuckin tool.

Just read the quote on the Opinion home page
Old 06-01-2003, 11:20 PM   #47
Banned.

4th reply in a row! i must like this topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Bannockburn
"The deal is not worship him like a god, the message is to achieve what he has achieved, to improve ourselves. "

So, God is dead. Let’s strive for the Overman? Thus it sounds like to me, that Tool is very Nietzschean in thought.
being that i do not really know what Nietzchean theory revolves around I cannot reall attest or contend with your statement. However, I dont think Tool is saying god is dead, hell i dont know if they (as induviduals or as a band) even think he exists, existeded, or what. Thats not even the point.

If we all (our species) achieved the thinking and philosophy of Tool, which im hoping most of us (tool fans) have by now, the world would be a much better place.

and with that said who's down to pool all our money and buy a small island somewhere and start over, make the "pieces fit", do it right. I hear E-bay is selling them now. Gotta love our society huh?

Just read the quote on the Opinion homepage.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:29 PM   #48
Banned.

Re: Tool's message;

Quote:
Originally posted by 3rd eye
Don't place distrust in the essence of the word "GOD", but place skeptisism in the way of superficial advocates, ie Christianity, and similar teachings that ultimately want you to believe 'this is what God thinks, and this is how you should structure your life.'
I can't help but think, If there was a God, wouldn't this entity want to influence your life as individually as possible, enabling you to form your own ideas and thoughts, and not filtered thru religious gospels. Why do we need these groups to help us further understand GOD?
Think for yourself, question authority.........or in other words be careful of how you came to believe something.
I had this whole huge argument with some chick at a party last night on the existence of god and the purpose of religeon and the bible and all that shit. Basically you summed up what i sat down and argued for 2 hours.

on a lighter note when the argument was over she was so riled up we just started going at it. Probably the best religeous experience of my life!
Old 06-01-2003, 11:37 PM   #49
Level 10 - Vehement

Re: 4th reply in a row! i must like this topic

Quote:
Originally posted by soberwithapenis
I'm rolling over with laughter at that damn statement. If it were a nail, it would be well embedded by now.

Anyone feel it sinking in, yet?

*grin* sorry, something has me full of whimsy at the moment, I'll collect myself in a bit.

-Tant (saving his rollos)
Old 06-02-2003, 12:02 AM   #50
Banned.

Re: spreading the love, and maybe a little crotch rot.

Quote:
Originally posted by spook
Color me stupid, but I missed the subtle humor in the first post. When I heard RUMORS about Keenan sleeping around with groupies I was disapointed because I thought I had found a rock band that didn't act like a rock band, with ideas that represented mine. I could identify with them at first because they seemed as pissed off as I was/am. But if the rumors are true, I don't know. What kind of guy wouldn't succumb to groupie "pressure"? Stickin' it to whatever crawled off of the last tour bus to roll through town? Possibly knowing second hand what Fred Durst tastes like?(yeah, real sexy) How about a SMART guy? I'm not judging morals here, just common sense, I don't have much use for people without any of that. Who knows, if these rumors are true, we may have a "typhoid Maynard" . The ultimate way to play god.
The humor my friend is that you dont know whether or not this is a rumor. Seconldy i would hardly classify Tool as a rock band, especially a stereotypical rock band. And please dont ever refer to limp dilsnake as a rock band either, they are pathetic wannabe's turned sellouts who have now disapeared of the face of the planet. Tool is in a league of their own. Their music is unlike anyone elses. Their talent is far superior to most band out there and their message is clearly more powerful than any other band's that i can think of.

Old 06-02-2003, 12:04 AM   #51
Banned.

Re: Re: 4th reply in a row! i must like this topic

Quote:
I'm rolling over with laughter at that damn statement. If it were a nail, it would be well embedded by now.

Anyone feel it sinking in, yet?

*grin* sorry, something has me full of whimsy at the moment, I'll collect myself in a bit.

-Tant (saving his rollos)
Thanks for finding the point in it. and hey im hungry you mind sharing some of those rollos?
Old 06-02-2003, 09:18 AM   #52
Level 10 - Vehement

Re: Re: Re: 4th reply in a row! i must like this topic

Quote:
Originally posted by soberwithapenis
Thanks for finding the point in it. and hey im hungry you mind sharing some of those rollos?
*holds his aching head*
Oh man, all these threads are starting to blur together. You know, I threw a pack of rollos to another sober penis in another god related thread. If you ask him nicely, I'm sure he'll share ; )

-Tant

-btw my last post here was in no means condescending. The frequent reminder of that quote at the fourm entrance is funny, mostly because I need that fresh reminder, once in a while, too.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27
They're are just people like you and me who were able to realise that they don't have to conform. They took the belief that a man is what he chooses to be, combined it with original music, and brought to us the music we love. Whether is slept with someone or not is his business, our relationship with him is with his music, not his personal life.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:42 AM   #54
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123
They are higher beings because they took that road. They are NOT like most of us. Most of us haven't been opened up like they have and gone through the stages that they have, i.e. the colors.

It's hard to get here.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 06-04-2003, 09:02 AM   #55
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally posted by idontmind462
They are higher beings because they took that road. They are NOT like most of us.
It's all so moot, isn't it? What road did they take to cement them into that definition?

I bet if you took each of them, laid them out on a table and disembowled each of them, you'd find nothing but blood and guts. If you'd never seen their faces you wouldn't know them from any other person that you see in the grocery store or on the street.

If higher beings were all that and a pack of rollos, our heads would be spinning from the amount of them out there in everyday life: living, fighting, killing, crying, dying, screaming...

They ARE like most of us. The thing is, most of US are too busy down in our own little holes to dare look up and grasp the potentials that are right before us.

Perhaps it's easier to look at someone else and find greatness than it is for us to look at ourselves and find that same quality.

If that is indeed the case, then at what point in each of our lives, at what point in our growth, do we take the inspirations of someone elses greatness and decide to cultivate our own? (and no, that's no in the egotistical sense..)

-Tant
Old 06-04-2003, 06:25 PM   #56
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 277
Quote:
If that is indeed the case, then at what point in each of our lives, at what point in our growth, do we take the inspirations of someone elses greatness and decide to cultivate our own? (and no, that's no in the egotistical sense..)

-Tant
Marv Alberts "YES!!".
Old 06-05-2003, 11:42 AM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

What the hell is wrong with you? To acheive a higher conciousness one can do many things, and some believe that extasy is one of them. Plus how do you get off on saying that you think of him less because he did something in your eyes that lowered him? Has he ever told you that he's against sex?
Old 06-05-2003, 04:58 PM   #58
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123
X IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Acid and weed are though.

X and alcohol both distract the mind, weed and acid let you pay much closer attention and really get inside and use your brain.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 06-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #59
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
At first, I too felt a little dissapointed when I heard Maynard slept with groupies even though he has a fiance/wife (i dunno) and a son.

He is a man. He is certainly a different man, but he is still a man. I'm sure he and his woman have an understanding of some sort. Many people have open relationships.

But he's Maynard. Love him for his uniqueness and his strangeness. Love him for what he has done for us.

He's not a god...maybe he's just a little more in touch with his spirituality than a lot of other people.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:05 AM   #60
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Quote:
Originally posted by reign3

He's not a god...maybe he's just a little more in touch with his spirituality than a lot of other people.
Which to me means he very well could be consciously god-like. Are we still under the impression that we as men have limits? That we can not actually become christ-like, which is our very birthright since we are made in His image?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: