Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
Valediction
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM

Just reading all the different reviews on the internet, you realize we really are just talking monkeys; and just how stupid everyone is. You got your people who've heard it once, didnt' get a catchy song and have a whole opinion of it... those who love it, those who are long time tool fans who hate it (how ??) and all shades in between. It just boggles my mind how people cant' realize what an amazing masterwork this album is and how much better it is than all the other crap out there. I guess go back to listening to "ghost reveries" (???)
Old 04-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Talking Monkeys

Just reading all the different reviews on the internet, you realize we really are just talking monkeys; and just how stupid everyone is. You got your people who've heard it once, didnt' get a catchy song and have a whole opinion of it... those who love it, those who are long time tool fans who hate it (how ??) and all shades in between. It just boggles my mind how people cant' realize what an amazing masterwork this album is and how much better it is than all the other crap out there. I guess go back to listening to "ghost reveries" (???)
OFFLINE |  
shorabali's Avatar shorabali
04-29-2006, 05:58 PM

lol ghost reveries is an excellent album , but the problem with opeth is that some parts of a song take for instance the opening in reverie/ halequin forest is ismply beautiful, but then later donw somehwere down to the middle the song gets reeeeel horrid to listen to. Tool on teh other hand has long songs wiht eahc and evry part lovable. TOOL ROCKS MY BALLS...................6 times.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33
Re: Talking Monkeys

lol ghost reveries is an excellent album , but the problem with opeth is that some parts of a song take for instance the opening in reverie/ halequin forest is ismply beautiful, but then later donw somehwere down to the middle the song gets reeeeel horrid to listen to. Tool on teh other hand has long songs wiht eahc and evry part lovable. TOOL ROCKS MY BALLS...................6 times.
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM

Yes, this metaphor is understood - I don't think there is anybody who didn't make that assumption.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

Yes, this metaphor is understood - I don't think there is anybody who didn't make that assumption.
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
04-29-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorabali
but the problem with opeth is that some parts of a song take for instance the opening in reverie/ halequin forest is ismply beautiful, but then later donw somehwere down to the middle the song gets reeeeel horrid to listen to.
You mean when the vocals kick in?
Old 04-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorabali
but the problem with opeth is that some parts of a song take for instance the opening in reverie/ halequin forest is ismply beautiful, but then later donw somehwere down to the middle the song gets reeeeel horrid to listen to.
OFFLINE |  
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
04-29-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valediction
Ha, monkeys don't talk dummy!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:
Ha, monkeys don't talk dummy!
04-29-2006, 07:46 PM

Ohh ohh ohh ahh ahh ahh.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Ohh ohh ohh ahh ahh ahh.
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM

Hey Valediction

Hint: They are trying to tell you something--you got it half correct.

I'm just an angel on the sideline--okay not quite on the sideline.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Hey Valediction

Hint: They are trying to tell you something--you got it half correct.

I'm just an angel on the sideline--okay not quite on the sideline.
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetEther
Ohh ohh ohh ahh ahh ahh.

get up, come on, get down with the sickness

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetEther
Ohh ohh ohh ahh ahh ahh.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |  
Myramyd
04-29-2006, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
You're right--I bet no one argued about 10,000 Fists being fake!

They both often wear all black. Tool has far less piercings though per body though.

;)
Old 04-29-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
You're right--I bet no one argued about 10,000 Fists being fake!

They both often wear all black. Tool has far less piercings though per body though.

;)
04-29-2006, 10:56 PM

I <3 this place. =]
Old 04-29-2006, 10:56 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

I <3 this place. =]
04-29-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
i agree. this album is light years beyond anything currently available. matter of fact. i have taken to this quicker than i felt lateralus
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 762

Quote:
i agree. this album is light years beyond anything currently available. matter of fact. i have taken to this quicker than i felt lateralus
04-29-2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneca77
I think its sad that people like you guys immediately look down upon anyone who disagrees, as if the only possible way they could hold a different opinion as you is if they were inferior to you.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneca77
I think its sad that people like you guys immediately look down upon anyone who disagrees, as if the only possible way they could hold a different opinion as you is if they were inferior to you.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |  
voodoochild's Avatar voodoochild
04-30-2006, 01:29 AM

Quote:
the only possible way they could hold a different opinion as you is if they were inferior to you.
i thought that was a given.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:29 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
the only possible way they could hold a different opinion as you is if they were inferior to you.
i thought that was a given.
OFFLINE |  
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
04-30-2006, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
LOL
Old 04-30-2006, 01:36 AM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
LOL
04-30-2006, 02:10 AM

Topic summary = "Man! Look at the ignorance of the people that don't like what I like! The ignorance of those people is amazing. Oh well, I guess they can be ignorant and wrong about music"
Old 04-30-2006, 02:10 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Topic summary = "Man! Look at the ignorance of the people that don't like what I like! The ignorance of those people is amazing. Oh well, I guess they can be ignorant and wrong about music"
OFFLINE |  
mikeanthony's Avatar mikeanthony
04-30-2006, 02:31 AM

The album was over hyped thats all it got to the point where no one could make an album as good as what people were expecting.

it wasnt so bad for me because every time i hear an album or see a movie for the first time i think its shit the second and third time i see/hear it is when i can enjoy it.

Its easy for me to understand peoples dislike for things i like because i grew up when "rave music" ect was the big thing and all my mates listened to that i hated it and listened to nirvana but they didnt like nirvana so it works both ways music is only as good as you think it is.

You can sit there all day and say darkside of the moon is the best album in the world but if you talking to a 50cent fan he going to think your crazey
Old 04-30-2006, 02:31 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 85

The album was over hyped thats all it got to the point where no one could make an album as good as what people were expecting.

it wasnt so bad for me because every time i hear an album or see a movie for the first time i think its shit the second and third time i see/hear it is when i can enjoy it.

Its easy for me to understand peoples dislike for things i like because i grew up when "rave music" ect was the big thing and all my mates listened to that i hated it and listened to nirvana but they didnt like nirvana so it works both ways music is only as good as you think it is.

You can sit there all day and say darkside of the moon is the best album in the world but if you talking to a 50cent fan he going to think your crazey
LeperKhan
04-30-2006, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeanthony

Punctuation is your friend. Don't ignore your friend.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:54 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeanthony

OFFLINE |  
mikeanthony's Avatar mikeanthony
04-30-2006, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperKhan

Dick

Last edited by mikeanthony; 04-30-2006 at 03:54 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperKhan

Dick

Last edited by mikeanthony; 04-30-2006 at 03:54 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply