Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
01-18-2007, 07:46 PM

I tripped out a couple of weeks ago and Holy Shit! Rosetta Stoned and Third Eye kicked my ass ... These songs almost seemed designed for a medicated experience....

RS + TE + ACID = AWESOMENESS

Yay!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Tripping ... must play this song!

I tripped out a couple of weeks ago and Holy Shit! Rosetta Stoned and Third Eye kicked my ass ... These songs almost seemed designed for a medicated experience....

RS + TE + ACID = AWESOMENESS

Yay!
01-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Yeah I've been wanting to listen to those...last time I was on shrooms I did Disposition > Reflection > Pushit (Salival) > Smokey & Miho's "Two EPs" album. That kicked my ass for sure.

But next time, Third Eye 100% for sure...I dunno about RS. Did you listen to Lost Keys too? I keep thinking I'll be too scared from that, it scares me a little when I'm sober.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Tripping ... must play this song!

Yeah I've been wanting to listen to those...last time I was on shrooms I did Disposition > Reflection > Pushit (Salival) > Smokey & Miho's "Two EPs" album. That kicked my ass for sure.

But next time, Third Eye 100% for sure...I dunno about RS. Did you listen to Lost Keys too? I keep thinking I'll be too scared from that, it scares me a little when I'm sober.
01-18-2007, 10:01 PM

Listening to these songs while trippin' is what it's all about.

I need to find some doses so I can contribute more to this thread.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

Listening to these songs while trippin' is what it's all about.

I need to find some doses so I can contribute more to this thread.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
01-18-2007, 10:11 PM

Yes, You MOST start with Lost Keys! It's horrifically wonderful!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yes, You MOST start with Lost Keys! It's horrifically wonderful!
02-09-2007, 12:08 PM

Okay Trippers. Next time you try the combo (acid+rs) please listen to the "I forgot my pen" section 5 or so times. Tool lets out some very beautiful studio magic in this section specifically.

A. It sounds like there are several layered guitars (all really quite under the loud one playing fiths and octaves of those fifths). I could be wrong!!

B. Definatley there is some great and also extremely subtle vocal effects. Listen to to the tension and release with the scream building up to the "overwhelmed" part. Wait it gets better then "I forgot my pen" is possibly my favoriote piece of recorded music at this point. So much is going on during such a short section, the word "pen" seems to have some really interesting vocal effects (still extremley subtle) almost like it is cutting in and out really fast or something. Someone with a good ear for records and knowlege of production should elaborate on why this part sounds so good!

Or maybe I just dosed too hard

YOU DECIDE!

P.S.

Tool is fun
Old 02-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Okay Trippers. Next time you try the combo (acid+rs) please listen to the "I forgot my pen" section 5 or so times. Tool lets out some very beautiful studio magic in this section specifically.

A. It sounds like there are several layered guitars (all really quite under the loud one playing fiths and octaves of those fifths). I could be wrong!!

B. Definatley there is some great and also extremely subtle vocal effects. Listen to to the tension and release with the scream building up to the "overwhelmed" part. Wait it gets better then "I forgot my pen" is possibly my favoriote piece of recorded music at this point. So much is going on during such a short section, the word "pen" seems to have some really interesting vocal effects (still extremley subtle) almost like it is cutting in and out really fast or something. Someone with a good ear for records and knowlege of production should elaborate on why this part sounds so good!

Or maybe I just dosed too hard

YOU DECIDE!

P.S.

Tool is fun
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef View Post
Rosetta Stoned and Third Eye kicked my ass ... These songs almost seemed designed for a medicated experience....
heh.. ya think?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Quote:
Rosetta Stoned and Third Eye kicked my ass ... These songs almost seemed designed for a medicated experience....
heh.. ya think?
EssnayRepXTamEt's Avatar EssnayRepXTamEt
02-12-2007, 04:26 PM

Last time I tripped I listened to Eon/The Patient, and it blew me away.

Then I put on Jambi, and once again, I was blown away.

Next was RS, and it was totally awesome. My g/f kept talking about how she could actually see the story taking place in her head.

Then Wings part I.... intense stuff (don't ask why I didn't do part II as well).
Old 02-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #7

Bincount™: 1

Last time I tripped I listened to Eon/The Patient, and it blew me away.

Then I put on Jambi, and once again, I was blown away.

Next was RS, and it was totally awesome. My g/f kept talking about how she could actually see the story taking place in her head.

Then Wings part I.... intense stuff (don't ask why I didn't do part II as well).
Gently's Avatar Gently
02-12-2007, 04:40 PM

wicked! i love to trip to Tool-

especially Pushit, the buzzing noises on Aenima is what gets to me
Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #8

Bincount™: 9

wicked! i love to trip to Tool-

especially Pushit, the buzzing noises on Aenima is what gets to me
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
02-12-2007, 04:58 PM

listen to any tool, it will melt you while your tripping

specially if its live
Old 02-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

listen to any tool, it will melt you while your tripping

specially if its live
oualt-edu's Avatar oualt-edu
02-18-2007, 01:26 PM

The Grudge is absolutely insane while sitting on cloud 9 looking at the colors. It sounds like a completely different song. Intension/Right In Two will send you to the ends and back as well. But I have to agree with salmon going to a live show on mind altering substances is the best experience. But there is the possibility that it can go terribly wrong. Watch out for normies that aren't high.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

The Grudge is absolutely insane while sitting on cloud 9 looking at the colors. It sounds like a completely different song. Intension/Right In Two will send you to the ends and back as well. But I have to agree with salmon going to a live show on mind altering substances is the best experience. But there is the possibility that it can go terribly wrong. Watch out for normies that aren't high.
stevejols
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Okay i went to the Palace (Pontiac, Mi) tripping. Bad idea! Mistake! Okay the show was amazing. RS and Wings were way way too much. R. Stoned just about killed me actually... I thought I was never going to come down... so I was apparentley the dumb fucker in the song. Anyways... keep this in mind LSD last for 8 hours or so.... Tool shows last for about 3 with opening band. Driving home wasn't cool. I mean we drove fine but it was not fun. Also I thought my friends were losing it as well during RS. A newbie Tool fan that came with us couldn't handle the experience but laughed it off when it was over. Sweet shit.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #11

Okay i went to the Palace (Pontiac, Mi) tripping. Bad idea! Mistake! Okay the show was amazing. RS and Wings were way way too much. R. Stoned just about killed me actually... I thought I was never going to come down... so I was apparentley the dumb fucker in the song. Anyways... keep this in mind LSD last for 8 hours or so.... Tool shows last for about 3 with opening band. Driving home wasn't cool. I mean we drove fine but it was not fun. Also I thought my friends were losing it as well during RS. A newbie Tool fan that came with us couldn't handle the experience but laughed it off when it was over. Sweet shit.
tryptosaur
03-16-2007, 06:06 AM

I've only been to one TOOL show--Nassau Colliseum, NY on Halloween, 2002. Oh my fucking God! I was on methadone that night and had done some dope the day before "how pitiful"(Reflection). TOOL were connected with me on such a beautiful level that night. Towards the end of the show my brother and I smoked a joint and then "Reflection" came to visit the Colliseum. That was definitely NOT the song I wanted to hear as this weed was spreading through my body and mind. I LOVE that song, but it was so overwhelmingly dark, meloncholly, and repetetive--putting my whole addiction right up front. Dope to me was all about "finding peace within the emptiness", the repetetive structure of the song like the going in circles with heroin and the darkness created by the color of the sound remeniscent of the depressive withdrawal I'd endure.
I wasn't tripping, but for someone who hadn't actually used his brain for anything other than getting opiates for 10 years, it definitely overwhelmed me. After "Triad" they went right into "Disposition" and then as if moving in reverse to the point of my infancy "Lateralus" came through the grace of TOOL to completely tear me from "my self indulgent pitiful hole". It was like being saved. Being lifted up swallowed, spit out, and lifted up again. They showed me that by bringing in libations of the correct allignment all can and shall be revealed in its true context.
Black and white, like pleasure and pain was all I saw in my self-imposed infancy. TOOL is the prism that refracts the light to show us all of the wavelengths that make up the light,but only for those with ears to hear and eyes to see.
Psychedelics such as DMT, LSD, are tools for prying open our third eye. We can use matter, and we can use sound together, but not without INTENT, and not without intelligence.

Last edited by tryptosaur; 03-16-2007 at 07:54 AM..
Old 03-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #12

I've only been to one TOOL show--Nassau Colliseum, NY on Halloween, 2002. Oh my fucking God! I was on methadone that night and had done some dope the day before "how pitiful"(Reflection). TOOL were connected with me on such a beautiful level that night. Towards the end of the show my brother and I smoked a joint and then "Reflection" came to visit the Colliseum. That was definitely NOT the song I wanted to hear as this weed was spreading through my body and mind. I LOVE that song, but it was so overwhelmingly dark, meloncholly, and repetetive--putting my whole addiction right up front. Dope to me was all about "finding peace within the emptiness", the repetetive structure of the song like the going in circles with heroin and the darkness created by the color of the sound remeniscent of the depressive withdrawal I'd endure.
I wasn't tripping, but for someone who hadn't actually used his brain for anything other than getting opiates for 10 years, it definitely overwhelmed me. After "Triad" they went right into "Disposition" and then as if moving in reverse to the point of my infancy "Lateralus" came through the grace of TOOL to completely tear me from "my self indulgent pitiful hole". It was like being saved. Being lifted up swallowed, spit out, and lifted up again. They showed me that by bringing in libations of the correct allignment all can and shall be revealed in its true context.
Black and white, like pleasure and pain was all I saw in my self-imposed infancy. TOOL is the prism that refracts the light to show us all of the wavelengths that make up the light,but only for those with ears to hear and eyes to see.
Psychedelics such as DMT, LSD, are tools for prying open our third eye. We can use matter, and we can use sound together, but not without INTENT, and not without intelligence.

Last edited by tryptosaur; 03-16-2007 at 07:54 AM..
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-21-2007, 08:51 AM

You are all the wasted lives Tool is speaking about in their songs, specifically Rosetta Stoned. You people just don't get it. It's like sitting around a bunch of people that speak a foreign language and while they smile at you and talk in english, they will talk amongst themselves in their native tongue and talk shit about how fucking stupid you are yet, you sit and smile completely oblivious to the fact that they all think you're a fucking moron. Every single story on here was about getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than to be fucked up and listen to music. Such wasted opportunities.

And FYI...it's fucking lame to constantly quote Tool lyrics in every-fucking-thing you say

Last edited by Inner_Eulogy; 03-21-2007 at 08:54 AM..
Old 03-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #13
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

You are all the wasted lives Tool is speaking about in their songs, specifically Rosetta Stoned. You people just don't get it. It's like sitting around a bunch of people that speak a foreign language and while they smile at you and talk in english, they will talk amongst themselves in their native tongue and talk shit about how fucking stupid you are yet, you sit and smile completely oblivious to the fact that they all think you're a fucking moron. Every single story on here was about getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than to be fucked up and listen to music. Such wasted opportunities.

And FYI...it's fucking lame to constantly quote Tool lyrics in every-fucking-thing you say

Last edited by Inner_Eulogy; 03-21-2007 at 08:54 AM..
03-21-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

Well, I'm overwhelmed as one would be, if I tripped to this song (only one time ever.) Well, God Damn, I might as well shit the bed as if what I said wasn't true, even if I'm not serious. Get off your fucking cross, learn to swim, and suck Maynard's dick. Fuck you, buddy.

... and buy my record.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Well, I'm overwhelmed as one would be, if I tripped to this song (only one time ever.) Well, God Damn, I might as well shit the bed as if what I said wasn't true, even if I'm not serious. Get off your fucking cross, learn to swim, and suck Maynard's dick. Fuck you, buddy.

... and buy my record.
03-21-2007, 07:53 PM

We all die someday anyways.

life is a game.
Main objective:
1. Get as many high points, as you can.
2. Have babies that can get high too.

Dangers:
1. Balance the highness. Less High in periods will give opportunities for more high later on.
2. Dying instantly means Reset. no continue.

Highness point can come from all sorts of activity:
Pills, Drugs, Love, Work happyness, Legacy bulding, Creed etc.

Move by will alone.
Be cautious of Pits such as Will-enslaving goverments, relations or Addictions etc.
These compromise future High gathering.

lol :D
NB: Tool Audio-waves cash in for 10.000 high points pr. sec. :D
Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1759

We all die someday anyways.

life is a game.
Main objective:
1. Get as many high points, as you can.
2. Have babies that can get high too.

Dangers:
1. Balance the highness. Less High in periods will give opportunities for more high later on.
2. Dying instantly means Reset. no continue.

Highness point can come from all sorts of activity:
Pills, Drugs, Love, Work happyness, Legacy bulding, Creed etc.

Move by will alone.
Be cautious of Pits such as Will-enslaving goverments, relations or Addictions etc.
These compromise future High gathering.

lol :D
NB: Tool Audio-waves cash in for 10.000 high points pr. sec. :D
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:

... and buy my record.
Ok, only this one time was quoting practically everything funny. You get a free pass in my book.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #16
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

... and buy my record.
Ok, only this one time was quoting practically everything funny. You get a free pass in my book.
03-22-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryptosaur View Post
Psychedelics such as DMT, LSD, are tools for prying open our third eye. .
I hope you realize that Third Eye is about people who constantly use psychedelics to open their third eye. They are so happy to see the third eye, but when the psychedelic starts to wear off their third eye closes and people figure that the only way that they can open it again is to keep taking psychedelics (pry open their third eye). I believe the point of the song was to point out that you should only have to use a psychedelic once responsibly to get a glimpse of the third eye chakra so that you can understand that there is more to life then only hanging around the will/ego chakra and that you should try to open your third eye without drugs. If you just constantly pry open your third eye then youre never really going to move from the will/ego chakra that the psychedelic brings you back to. If you find a way or go down specific paths to open your third eye without drugs then the third eye isnt going to be running away from you this time.

Rosetta Stoned is about basically the same thing.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #17
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryptosaur View Post
Psychedelics such as DMT, LSD, are tools for prying open our third eye. .
I hope you realize that Third Eye is about people who constantly use psychedelics to open their third eye. They are so happy to see the third eye, but when the psychedelic starts to wear off their third eye closes and people figure that the only way that they can open it again is to keep taking psychedelics (pry open their third eye). I believe the point of the song was to point out that you should only have to use a psychedelic once responsibly to get a glimpse of the third eye chakra so that you can understand that there is more to life then only hanging around the will/ego chakra and that you should try to open your third eye without drugs. If you just constantly pry open your third eye then youre never really going to move from the will/ego chakra that the psychedelic brings you back to. If you find a way or go down specific paths to open your third eye without drugs then the third eye isnt going to be running away from you this time.

03-26-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post

Finally I find something I totally agree with you on, well maybe not the whole chakra thing but your general point nonetheless. Maynard has said before in an interview that the whole idea was to take it once or twice and then try to learn how to get back to that place without the use of the drugs. He frowns upon the idiots that are out there and just dropping acid every weekend, or taking whatever drug it is recreationally with no regard.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #18
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Finally I find something I totally agree with you on, well maybe not the whole chakra thing but your general point nonetheless. Maynard has said before in an interview that the whole idea was to take it once or twice and then try to learn how to get back to that place without the use of the drugs. He frowns upon the idiots that are out there and just dropping acid every weekend, or taking whatever drug it is recreationally with no regard.
03-27-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Before I started really listening to Tool I read on how psychedelics only introduce the higher chakras but then bring you back down to the lower chakras in FOL by Drunvalo.

Drugs like cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine tend to enhance the lower chakras even more. Cocaine actually increases your sense of ego.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 AM   #19
Banned.

Quote:
Before I started really listening to Tool I read on how psychedelics only introduce the higher chakras but then bring you back down to the lower chakras in FOL by Drunvalo.

Drugs like cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine tend to enhance the lower chakras even more. Cocaine actually increases your sense of ego.
EssnayRepXTamEt's Avatar EssnayRepXTamEt
03-27-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
You're a fucking clown.

Just because I enjoy the experience of listening to Tool when I do psychedelic drugs doesn't mean I am a "wasted life." You're a fucking moron for suggesting such a thing. It's an experience. An experience that I enjoy. Judging people for their preferences is bullshit, no matter what. If people wanna get "fucked up" and listen to Tool, what the fuck is that to you? Right, NOTHING. It's none of your fucking business.
And I don't know what this shit is that you talk about: "getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than being fucked up and listen to music."
There IS a purpose. ENJOYMENT. A new experience. Hearing the music in a different light. Coming to conclusions about the songs that you would have never drempt about otherwise...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #20

Quote:
You're a fucking clown.

Just because I enjoy the experience of listening to Tool when I do psychedelic drugs doesn't mean I am a "wasted life." You're a fucking moron for suggesting such a thing. It's an experience. An experience that I enjoy. Judging people for their preferences is bullshit, no matter what. If people wanna get "fucked up" and listen to Tool, what the fuck is that to you? Right, NOTHING. It's none of your fucking business.
And I don't know what this shit is that you talk about: "getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than being fucked up and listen to music."
There IS a purpose. ENJOYMENT. A new experience. Hearing the music in a different light. Coming to conclusions about the songs that you would have never drempt about otherwise...
03-27-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssnayRepXTamEt View Post
You're a fucking clown.

Doesn't change my opinion one bit. And you can be defensive all you want, it only proves that somewhere deep down, you know I'm right. It's still the exact thing Tool shuns in people is using it for only that purpose as you have just described. Fry your brain a little more, one day you'll grow up and understand there's more to life.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #21
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
You're a fucking clown.

Doesn't change my opinion one bit. And you can be defensive all you want, it only proves that somewhere deep down, you know I'm right. It's still the exact thing Tool shuns in people is using it for only that purpose as you have just described. Fry your brain a little more, one day you'll grow up and understand there's more to life.
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
You're a fucking clown.

probed
Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #22
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Quote:
You're a fucking clown.

probed
paraflux
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:

It's really fucking lamer to sit around and ignorantly call people out like this, too.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #23
Banned.

Quote:

It's really fucking lamer to sit around and ignorantly call people out like this, too.
03-27-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux View Post
I'd have to disagree, the whole message is to quit sitting on your ass getting high and do something productive with your life. That's Tool's MAIN message...and it's the whole point behind Rosetta Stoned. Some guy who completely overdid it and forgot the most important thing, because he concentrated too much on doing the drug just to do the drug, not for the learning experience that can be produced.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #24
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'd have to disagree, the whole message is to quit sitting on your ass getting high and do something productive with your life. That's Tool's MAIN message...and it's the whole point behind Rosetta Stoned. Some guy who completely overdid it and forgot the most important thing, because he concentrated too much on doing the drug just to do the drug, not for the learning experience that can be produced.
03-27-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Fry your brain a little more.
I dont think LSD causes any brain damage.

I personally think its alright to take psychedelics occasionally as long as you are using it to become more spiritually aware of yourself. thats my opinion though.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #25
Banned.

Quote:
Fry your brain a little more.

I personally think its alright to take psychedelics occasionally as long as you are using it to become more spiritually aware of yourself. thats my opinion though.
Freemena
03-27-2007, 12:41 PM

I stopped doing psychadelics a long time ago... thats why I listen to Tool! The passion and intensity of Tool brings be back to the places I explored long ago... I don't think you need to trip to see the walls drip and the colors cluster around the aliens... just close your eyes and open up your imagination...
Old 03-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #26
Banned.

Bincount™: 8223

I stopped doing psychadelics a long time ago... thats why I listen to Tool! The passion and intensity of Tool brings be back to the places I explored long ago... I don't think you need to trip to see the walls drip and the colors cluster around the aliens... just close your eyes and open up your imagination...
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:

And that I completely agree with. I never said it was wrong to take them at all. Just in the fashion that some do as if it were candy.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #27
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

And that I completely agree with. I never said it was wrong to take them at all. Just in the fashion that some do as if it were candy.
04-04-2007, 04:52 AM

To the people make un-educated stabs: chill out and educate yourself on psychedelics; you are making vast generalizations and for the most part are talking out of your ass. "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs"

Come on now.

To the trippers: It's cool to listen to music whilst you trip, as you definitely get a different look on it, but remember that psychedelics are sacraments and are for furthering your evolution. The best thing you can do is only trip a couple to a few times a year and do it without any external influence.

Trut.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26

To the people make un-educated stabs: chill out and educate yourself on psychedelics; you are making vast generalizations and for the most part are talking out of your ass. "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs"

Come on now.

To the trippers: It's cool to listen to music whilst you trip, as you definitely get a different look on it, but remember that psychedelics are sacraments and are for furthering your evolution. The best thing you can do is only trip a couple to a few times a year and do it without any external influence.

Trut.
04-04-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:

I completely aggree... Good post.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #29
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I completely aggree... Good post.
04-04-2007, 09:36 AM

I've only seen Tool twice.... Once sober (during the Lateralus Tour in 2002), and once Shrooming.

I have to say... the shrooms ruined the experiance. It made it feel like everything I was experiancing was completely normal... I think part of it had to do with the fact that the shrooms weren't very good. I personally found it more enlightening to lay down in the middle of my bedroom and listen to music for hours.

Needless to say, it was a great performance... even though Maynard cancelled the date right before that due to illness, he did outstanding. The lighting setup was amazing... But I think Im gonna go to the next tool show sober... or at least get a hold of some good shrooms.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #30
Level 8 - Vociferous

I've only seen Tool twice.... Once sober (during the Lateralus Tour in 2002), and once Shrooming.

I have to say... the shrooms ruined the experiance. It made it feel like everything I was experiancing was completely normal... I think part of it had to do with the fact that the shrooms weren't very good. I personally found it more enlightening to lay down in the middle of my bedroom and listen to music for hours.

Needless to say, it was a great performance... even though Maynard cancelled the date right before that due to illness, he did outstanding. The lighting setup was amazing... But I think Im gonna go to the next tool show sober... or at least get a hold of some good shrooms.
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post

Another Rosetta StoneR
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post

Another Rosetta StoneR
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM

i think drugs have done some good things for us, i really do. :)
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #32
well if I know Dracula, he loves SLUTS

Bincount™: 7555

04-10-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_milkman View Post
And I completely agree, as stated over and over, it's the manner in which you use them that makes or breaks you as a responsbile person looking for an experience or a drug hungry zombie just looking to get fucked up for the simple fact in itself.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #33
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_milkman View Post
And I completely agree, as stated over and over, it's the manner in which you use them that makes or breaks you as a responsbile person looking for an experience or a drug hungry zombie just looking to get fucked up for the simple fact in itself.
04-12-2007, 10:29 AM

After first hearing Rosetta Stoned, I had a renewed interest in psychedelics. I have done mushrooms and LSD several times.. My last LSD trip was not all so pleasant, so I was reluctant to try psychedelics again. I got 1/4 oz of mush and sat on it for awhile, waiting for the right time. My friend told me they were strong. He said that he ate a 1 gram mushroom and he was really messed up, like LSD. He said several other people told him they were very strong. In the past I have consumed over 1/2 oz of P. Cubensis at a time, and had no problems at all. So anyways here goes..

It was about 1 wk ago today, I was by myself at my apartment...

I ground up the 1/4 oz mush in a coffee grinder, until it was powder. The mush powder went into some OJ. Within 10 minutes of downing the OJ I started having major visuals; which was unusual for mushrooms, which usually take 20-30 min to start kicking in. I started playing 10,000 days on my computer stereo. Within 20 minutes I was seeing aparitions, or entities if you will.. I was loosing my grip on sanity/rational thought. I began to think I was talking to people with my mind. I kept asking "Who are you? who are you?" to the people I was telepathically talking with.. I reminded myself I was on drugs, and tried to calm down and listen to the album. Now I was hearing colors, which were all very bright. I looked outside and imagined it was daytime. I saw an erie orange light illuminate the darkness. I lost track of time. I was looking at the time on my computer desktop and it kept going backwards; minutes felt like hours. Now I forgot that I had taken drugs, and really started to loose it. Rosetta Stoned started, and I layed down on the floor in the darkness and closed my eyes. I don't recall much of the music I was listening to. I do remember after listening to the song I was convinced Aliens were real. I had a feeling I now really understood Rosetta Stoned, and I should write it down. Having the epiphany feeling on psychedelics is not uncommon. My friend reported to me that on mushrooms he had figured everything out, went to write it down and his mind went blank.. I didn't want to go in the bathroom (to urinate) because I thought ET was there. I felt like I was going to pee my pants. ET began to speak to me with his mind and tell me what he wanted to do. ET was a multi-dimensional being and he wanted to come into my dimension, in my APT. I told him I was too scared; however ET persisted. I fought him as hard as a could. All of a sudden I felt like I was not on drugs anymore. I was reminded somehow I had taken mushrooms, but it didn't matter; I was now god. Felt like god for awhile. It is kinda hard to describe how omnipotent I felt, or how I was rationalizing that I was god. I started to feel the "collective conciousness" feeling. I felt the vibration of all the tiny atoms everything is made of. There is space between even the smallest bits of matter, essentially explaining why we are all one. Then I felt like I was dead. Time really started to slow down now. I really thought I had died and was in hell. I thought that hell was an eternity of boredom. An eternity without sleep or rest, but constant mental torment. I can't tell you how long this really lasted, but it felt like forever. Eventually I saw my phone on my nightstand, and called my friend. When he answered he was laughing saying "Huh you called me at 4:20 in the morning". I told my friend I had taken mush, and I needed to drive to see him. I felt like I had to see him to confirm I was not dead. He told me not to drive, so I told him he must come see me. I tried to talk with him, and I could somehow tell what I was saying was not making much sense, and he confirmed it. We talked on the phone for about 2 hours; I was still seeing visuals, but was starting to regain my grip on sanity. Eventually I smoked some pot and went to bed. I felt so freaking odd the next day.

I am convinced that the mushrooms had LSD on them. The mushrooms had blue on them, smelled like Cubensis, and looked like Cubensis. The experience was very similar to some very strong LSD I had once; which I believed was the only true LSD I have had. I have done several different kinds of LSD, and some of them provided very weak experiences. I have read that a lot of so called LSD is actually LSA, because it is MUCH easier to make, and provides a weak psychedelic experience; thus making it profitable.

In a nut shell the trip was the most intense I have ever had in my life. It felt like LSD and mushrooms together. It was definitely a BAD trip; worst EVER! Feeling like I was dead was HORRIBLE. Because I lost my grip on my mind, I am very afraid to try any psychedelics again. Now I realize that the feelings and hallucinations I had were strictly a result of the drug, and irrational. I don't think listening to 10,000 Days caused the bad trip; I think the strength of the psychedlics I took did.

I have come to a rational conclusion that the song is about typical psychedelic feelings. A lot of people feel they learn something very important but can't write it down. I can't validate my conclusion, only the writer of the song can. I didn't have to do drugs to come to this conclusion either.

Last edited by slowmo; 04-12-2007 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

After first hearing Rosetta Stoned, I had a renewed interest in psychedelics. I have done mushrooms and LSD several times.. My last LSD trip was not all so pleasant, so I was reluctant to try psychedelics again. I got 1/4 oz of mush and sat on it for awhile, waiting for the right time. My friend told me they were strong. He said that he ate a 1 gram mushroom and he was really messed up, like LSD. He said several other people told him they were very strong. In the past I have consumed over 1/2 oz of P. Cubensis at a time, and had no problems at all. So anyways here goes..

I ground up the 1/4 oz mush in a coffee grinder, until it was powder. The mush powder went into some OJ. Within 10 minutes of downing the OJ I started having major visuals; which was unusual for mushrooms, which usually take 20-30 min to start kicking in. I started playing 10,000 days on my computer stereo. Within 20 minutes I was seeing aparitions, or entities if you will.. I was loosing my grip on sanity/rational thought. I began to think I was talking to people with my mind. I kept asking "Who are you? who are you?" to the people I was telepathically talking with.. I reminded myself I was on drugs, and tried to calm down and listen to the album. Now I was hearing colors, which were all very bright. I looked outside and imagined it was daytime. I saw an erie orange light illuminate the darkness. I lost track of time. I was looking at the time on my computer desktop and it kept going backwards; minutes felt like hours. Now I forgot that I had taken drugs, and really started to loose it. Rosetta Stoned started, and I layed down on the floor in the darkness and closed my eyes. I don't recall much of the music I was listening to. I do remember after listening to the song I was convinced Aliens were real. I had a feeling I now really understood Rosetta Stoned, and I should write it down. Having the epiphany feeling on psychedelics is not uncommon. My friend reported to me that on mushrooms he had figured everything out, went to write it down and his mind went blank.. I didn't want to go in the bathroom (to urinate) because I thought ET was there. I felt like I was going to pee my pants. ET began to speak to me with his mind and tell me what he wanted to do. ET was a multi-dimensional being and he wanted to come into my dimension, in my APT. I told him I was too scared; however ET persisted. I fought him as hard as a could. All of a sudden I felt like I was not on drugs anymore. I was reminded somehow I had taken mushrooms, but it didn't matter; I was now god. Felt like god for awhile. It is kinda hard to describe how omnipotent I felt, or how I was rationalizing that I was god. I started to feel the "collective conciousness" feeling. I felt the vibration of all the tiny atoms everything is made of. There is space between even the smallest bits of matter, essentially explaining why we are all one. Then I felt like I was dead. Time really started to slow down now. I really thought I had died and was in hell. I thought that hell was an eternity of boredom. An eternity without sleep or rest, but constant mental torment. I can't tell you how long this really lasted, but it felt like forever. Eventually I saw my phone on my nightstand, and called my friend. When he answered he was laughing saying "Huh you called me at 4:20 in the morning". I told my friend I had taken mush, and I needed to drive to see him. I felt like I had to see him to confirm I was not dead. He told me not to drive, so I told him he must come see me. I tried to talk with him, and I could somehow tell what I was saying was not making much sense, and he confirmed it. We talked on the phone for about 2 hours; I was still seeing visuals, but was starting to regain my grip on sanity. Eventually I smoked some pot and went to bed. I felt so freaking odd the next day.

I am convinced that the mushrooms had LSD on them. The mushrooms had blue on them, smelled like Cubensis, and looked like Cubensis. The experience was very similar to some very strong LSD I had once; which I believed was the only true LSD I have had. I have done several different kinds of LSD, and some of them provided very weak experiences. I have read that a lot of so called LSD is actually LSA, because it is MUCH easier to make, and provides a weak psychedelic experience; thus making it profitable.

In a nut shell the trip was the most intense I have ever had in my life. It felt like LSD and mushrooms together. It was definitely a BAD trip; worst EVER! Feeling like I was dead was HORRIBLE. Because I lost my grip on my mind, I am very afraid to try any psychedelics again. Now I realize that the feelings and hallucinations I had were strictly a result of the drug, and irrational. I don't think listening to 10,000 Days caused the bad trip; I think the strength of the psychedlics I took did.

I have come to a rational conclusion that the song is about typical psychedelic feelings. A lot of people feel they learn something very important but can't write it down. I can't validate my conclusion, only the writer of the song can. I didn't have to do drugs to come to this conclusion either.

Last edited by slowmo; 04-12-2007 at 10:44 AM..
04-19-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo View Post

Wow, send a 1/2 gram my way..lol
Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #35
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo View Post

Wow, send a 1/2 gram my way..lol
04-19-2007, 10:42 AM

haha....no shit huh
Old 04-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 906

haha....no shit huh
paraflux
04-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
To blanketly say "You are ALL" whatever, is lame, man, ridiculously. Regardless of your interpretation of the song, whether it is accurate or not, you cant just sit around and point fingers at people. It's counterproductive.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #37
Banned.

Quote:
To blanketly say "You are ALL" whatever, is lame, man, ridiculously. Regardless of your interpretation of the song, whether it is accurate or not, you cant just sit around and point fingers at people. It's counterproductive.
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I didn't point fingers at any one individual or a group. That's my take on the song and I'm entitled to it just as everybody else is. I wasn't being derogatory either.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #38
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I didn't point fingers at any one individual or a group. That's my take on the song and I'm entitled to it just as everybody else is. I wasn't being derogatory either.
05-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I agree with you two (lllvllledusa and Inner_Eulogy) and Your_Noose.

Right now, I haven't read enough to say anything else. So, now I leave. I know this post contributes nothing, but hopefully people will see at least four people agree on a general idea and become interested. Ah, yeah, this is coming from a person who has read an abnormal amount of arguments on topics that had the potential to be somewhat educational.

Yes, well, I agree with you and good job.

Last edited by ThirdEyeSeed; 05-03-2007 at 12:54 PM..
Old 05-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I agree with you two (lllvllledusa and Inner_Eulogy) and Your_Noose.

Right now, I haven't read enough to say anything else. So, now I leave. I know this post contributes nothing, but hopefully people will see at least four people agree on a general idea and become interested. Ah, yeah, this is coming from a person who has read an abnormal amount of arguments on topics that had the potential to be somewhat educational.

Yes, well, I agree with you and good job.

Last edited by ThirdEyeSeed; 05-03-2007 at 12:54 PM..
anarcho-commie's Avatar anarcho-commie
05-05-2007, 05:07 PM

I did acid for the first time yesterday. Spent the whole day getting Tooled-out.

Fucking listened to Lateralus, Salival, 10K Days and Aenima like 3 times over.

The end of the song Lateralus was amazing. Pushit was amazing. Rosetta was OK, nothing extraordinary. My favorite was Third Eye on Salival though.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that I'm seeing Tool Wednesday and I'm planning on tripping at the show... to make sure it's ætherial enough.

Last edited by anarcho-commie; 05-05-2007 at 06:09 PM..
Old 05-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #40

Bincount™: 63

I did acid for the first time yesterday. Spent the whole day getting Tooled-out.

Fucking listened to Lateralus, Salival, 10K Days and Aenima like 3 times over.

The end of the song Lateralus was amazing. Pushit was amazing. Rosetta was OK, nothing extraordinary. My favorite was Third Eye on Salival though.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that I'm seeing Tool Wednesday and I'm planning on tripping at the show... to make sure it's ætherial enough.

Last edited by anarcho-commie; 05-05-2007 at 06:09 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply