opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 01-17-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
APT
Jörmungandr

Bincount™: 929
My kickass interpretation of the video

The beginning has a man and a woman, both grey, nasty, dirty etc. They seem to need something all the time whether its their TV or that huge thing they keep putting up to their face. I think this is what is making these people like this, whats holding them back.

The guy then rips a piece of his shoulder off. Im not sure what this represents but it appears later in the video (the disgusting worm looking thing is his piece of shoulder). Something triggers them to change, and I think its the female we see doing it (lots of flashing and she breaks out of her 'shell').

In the next scene after the transformation (my favorite part of the video) we see the man and the woman sitting at a table. They are now some sort of super beings; They look awsome. The guy still has that gash on his shoulder from before so we know its him. We see the woman behind the man (Stinkfist) and she is helping him - stinkfist style - stay changed from what they were before. This is the theme of the song and video to me. Someone helping someone or people helping each other over come something like addiction to TV, drugs; Anything that keeps you from evolving. Remember the the couple transformed from those grey nasty people to what we see of them at the end.

These are my thoughts which were induced by marijuana. Sometimes I think its easier to understand videos like this and what they are saying when your high or whatnot. Let me know what you think.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 360
Re: My kickass interpretation of the video

A few thoughts to expand on your kickass interpretation...
Quote:
The beginning has a man and a woman, both grey, nasty, dirty etc. They seem to need something all the time whether its their TV or that huge thing they keep putting up to their face. I think this is what is making these people like this, whats holding them back.
I see it as a metaphor for technology/machines/entertainment/the mass media. And shit. Yeah. Deep, man.
Quote:
The guy then rips a piece of his shoulder off. Im not sure what this represents.
It's a growth of some kind. He doesn't just rip it off. He puts it in a jar, which then gathers dust. Later you see the woman walking along a corridoor carrying the jar. She drops it.
Notice that at the end of the video, the man has let the growth thing, uh, grow, and it's now speaking to him.
My thought is that it represents self-identity (he keeps cutting it off and chooses instead to watch TV. Which is great.).

My favourite part of the video, personally, is during the build-up where the woman is emerging from her chyrsallis and the following scene which plays during the guitar solo.
The bit where the machines "die"/break. There's something there, behind the wires and pipes and shit. What I've always thought was that this was one of those tumours/growth things.

What does it all mean?!!?!!
Something to do with anal sex, probably.

And I will end the post, here, because I have run out of ways to use the slash key.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #3
APT
Jörmungandr

Bincount™: 929

Yea where the womam emerges from her shell thing is definitly sweet. I like where they are sitting at the table as super beings. It plays so well with the music. What part is where the machines dies?
Old 03-28-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by APT
The guy then rips a piece of his shoulder off. Im not sure what this represents
I think that's his walls falling down...allowing him to change; to be penetrated
Old 03-28-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Nevermind... i was thining of another song...

But Ænima is about evolving and changing...so maybe he's jsut changing?

:-\

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: