opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Old 04-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
forum problems

Getting all sorts of errors with logging and logging out, as well as confirmation emails -- but that's just a side comment.

I made a username -- my first one on these forums and made 1 post in the Jambi 10,000 days sub forum. At which time I was a) put on probation by a forum error or b) but on probation by a mod.

The dreaded post?
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43976 . Obvious sarcasm/humour and no broken forum rules (http://toolnavy.com/announcement.php?f=74). (the people who replied with 'OK' might demonstrate that people don't actually read a post before replying)

Although I did break rule 2 to make this username to make my point now. That's all I have to say. I recommend that it is worth checking into, as new users (fans) that come along with the new CD will quickly get turned off these forums.

probation list
http://toolnavy.com/showgroups.php?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:28 AM   #2
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
Re: forum problems

New fans shouldn't declare themselves idiots by posting stupid "humor" threads in the Albums subforum.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Since you have proven that even idiots can be admins, I'll keep it simple for you.

1) Check the replies in the thread -- many people thought it was funny. If you didn't, that's fine, but you should look up the definition for the word subjective.

2) You seem to think a subforum is off limits to new users. A subforum exists to keep the posts organized by subject -- so someone can find what they are looking for, or avoid what they don't want to read. Again, it's obvious that that type of rational thought eludes you.

3) You have the reading comprehension of a grade schooler. You took a constructive suggestion I made, that would actually improve the interaction of the forums, and applied it to me. Good job champ. Comprehending what you have actually read, will dratically increase your skills as a moderator in the future.

4) As an admin, you should actually take the time to read the forum rules. Here is the link again.
http://toolnavy.com/announcement.php?f=74

And since you actually won't click it, I'll quote some of it for you

"Here, you can express your opinion (hence the name). We have no interest in censoring you. We do, however, want to keep the quality of posts/conversation here high, so we do have Moderators and a few rules, to keep things fair.

If you break the rules, Mods will give you a warning. For continued / deliberate violations, mods will put you on probation (you will be unable to post for a week), and will ban you permanently for repeat / flagrant offenses.

We've been known to forget about people who've been probated. If you think you're one of them, just PM an admin and we'll try to sort it out.

And look, everyone makes mistakes. The mods aren't unreasonable people, so you are welcome to plead your case, but just reading these rules will make things much more fair for you and for them. When all else fails, admins have the final say."

I hope that wasn't too long to read for you. I realize that you also probably have a limited attention span. You should read it again, too. You know, your comprehension problem...

Hey, do a search on your posts. Even you will see that you are 21 going on 12.
Good luck with this. I'll be on my way; contented that I will never have to know you in real life.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
meh.

Bincount™: 1074

... and people wonder why we get tired of this gig from time to time.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_forum_is_messed
Since you have proven that even idiots can be admins, I'll keep it simple for you.

1) Check the replies in the thread -- many people thought it was funny. If you didn't, that's fine, but you should look up the definition for the word subjective.

2) You seem to think a subforum is off limits to new users. A subforum exists to keep the posts organized by subject -- so someone can find what they are looking for, or avoid what they don't want to read. Again, it's obvious that that type of rational thought eludes you.

3) You have the reading comprehension of a grade schooler. You took a constructive suggestion I made, that would actually improve the interaction of the forums, and applied it to me. Good job champ. Comprehending what you have actually read, will dratically increase your skills as a moderator in the future.

4) As an admin, you should actually take the time to read the forum rules. Here is the link again.
http://toolnavy.com/announcement.php?f=74

And since you actually won't click it, I'll quote some of it for you

"Here, you can express your opinion (hence the name). We have no interest in censoring you. We do, however, want to keep the quality of posts/conversation here high, so we do have Moderators and a few rules, to keep things fair.

If you break the rules, Mods will give you a warning. For continued / deliberate violations, mods will put you on probation (you will be unable to post for a week), and will ban you permanently for repeat / flagrant offenses.

We've been known to forget about people who've been probated. If you think you're one of them, just PM an admin and we'll try to sort it out.

And look, everyone makes mistakes. The mods aren't unreasonable people, so you are welcome to plead your case, but just reading these rules will make things much more fair for you and for them. When all else fails, admins have the final say."

I hope that wasn't too long to read for you. I realize that you also probably have a limited attention span. You should read it again, too. You know, your comprehension problem...

Hey, do a search on your posts. Even you will see that you are 21 going on 12.
Good luck with this. I'll be on my way; contented that I will never have to know you in real life.
my god. someone's touchy.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell
... and people wonder why we get tired of this gig from time to time.
OVERWHELEMED AS ONE WOULD BE, PLACED IN BRIGHTWELL'S POSITION
SUCH A HEAVY BURDEN NOW TO BE AN ADMIN

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: