Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
Molecule76
04-11-2020, 02:14 PM

I was wondering if anyone has updated the list of literary influences of Maynard's writing?
I've seen the original reading list, as I figure all of us have... but with the albums that came after -- Lateralus, 10,000 Days, Fear Inoculum... I'm wondering if anyone has read about or figured out any more literary influences?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
BOOK INFLUENCES

I was wondering if anyone has updated the list of literary influences of Maynard's writing?
I've seen the original reading list, as I figure all of us have... but with the albums that came after -- Lateralus, 10,000 Days, Fear Inoculum... I'm wondering if anyone has read about or figured out any more literary influences?
Thanks in advance for any help.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-13-2020, 03:58 PM

he listens to rogan's podcast a lot
Old 04-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: BOOK INFLUENCES

he listens to rogan's podcast a lot
11-25-2020, 06:02 PM

After Murals;

You come to the Border. The border restricts/guides you and limits what is permitted and is not. Sounds like fear to me.
You come to the Light. The light is edifying, knowledge seems so simple.
But in that clarity you equally are blinded.
You come to Darkness(Power). In Power you see that even the fathoms of powerful white light can easily be taken away. Holding a true force and a form of inquiry; how does one get over/ passed power.
Alleviating and releasing examplified truths like power, clarity, and fear, you come to (age)
What really lies beyond that that you see, know - has power and mind and border over you / not over you. This is the fourth translucent page. Which we might only really face after the passage of Death(Release). But even after all of that, the lives, the story, the visions in the vehichle. The emotions and all seem like nothing, because you'll still have yourself. Good or bad is up to you to tool what you have learned.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

After Murals;

You come to the Border. The border restricts/guides you and limits what is permitted and is not. Sounds like fear to me.
You come to the Light. The light is edifying, knowledge seems so simple.
But in that clarity you equally are blinded.
You come to Darkness(Power). In Power you see that even the fathoms of powerful white light can easily be taken away. Holding a true force and a form of inquiry; how does one get over/ passed power.
Alleviating and releasing examplified truths like power, clarity, and fear, you come to (age)
What really lies beyond that that you see, know - has power and mind and border over you / not over you. This is the fourth translucent page. Which we might only really face after the passage of Death(Release). But even after all of that, the lives, the story, the visions in the vehichle. The emotions and all seem like nothing, because you'll still have yourself. Good or bad is up to you to tool what you have learned.
Molecule76
02-05-2021, 12:04 PM

I've read in a Perfect Circle interview that he is a big fan of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
The song, "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" is the name of one of those books.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:04 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

I've read in a Perfect Circle interview that he is a big fan of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
The song, "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" is the name of one of those books.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply