Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
cliche101's Avatar cliche101
11-10-2006, 11:31 AM

Just seeing if anyone can give me some constructive critisism on my music. I really do not get a lot of bad critiques or constructive ideas or observations when I show other people my songs. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around.

Thanks for listening

http://www.myspace.com/jeastonmusic

or click on the link in my signature.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 209
Opinions?

Just seeing if anyone can give me some constructive critisism on my music. I really do not get a lot of bad critiques or constructive ideas or observations when I show other people my songs. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around.

Thanks for listening

http://www.myspace.com/jeastonmusic

or click on the link in my signature.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
base metal's Avatar base metal
11-12-2006, 10:02 PM

Hmmm, the tracks are all pretty tight...not bad at all. The guitar playing is really good technique wise, sounds like you practice, that's for sure. Is it just you recording all of the parts?
Old 11-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198
Re: Opinions?

Hmmm, the tracks are all pretty tight...not bad at all. The guitar playing is really good technique wise, sounds like you practice, that's for sure. Is it just you recording all of the parts?
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
11-12-2006, 10:05 PM

it's not loading
Old 11-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

it's not loading
11-12-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronman View Post
Yea everything is me.... thanks for the comments. I am a little obsessed with music and music production (including recording, mixing, mastering, etc) so yea I practice.

Drums are sequenced through Acoustica Beatcraft and various samples I have.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Yea everything is me.... thanks for the comments. I am a little obsessed with music and music production (including recording, mixing, mastering, etc) so yea I practice.

Drums are sequenced through Acoustica Beatcraft and various samples I have.
11-12-2006, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance. View Post
it's not loading
hmmm i checked it and its fine....
Old 11-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance. View Post
it's not loading
Riff's Avatar Riff
11-13-2006, 12:19 AM

It's working. Well if you want critisim, the production is bad. Not bad like horrible, you can hear that you tried to make it sound good with what you've got, but compareable to professional recording it's bad, and to sound like a professional recording is something you're aiming for right? But I read your equipment and I guess you can't really go further until you have better gear. So just keep do what you're doing, keep upgrading your recording equipment to be able to produce better sounding music. If I were you i'd look for different drums as they are the ones that drags down the overall quality feel. Have you tried DFH?

The music itself is well played, good guitar playing, but I can't say if they are good well written songs or not. I didnt listen more than once and skipped a whole lot through the songs.

oh, that's right it's because of this gangsta ass life i lead"
-bogsnarth

www.soundcloud.com/riff

Last edited by Riff; 11-13-2006 at 12:42 AM..
Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
Can't you...SEE?

Bincount™: 4906

It's working. Well if you want critisim, the production is bad. Not bad like horrible, you can hear that you tried to make it sound good with what you've got, but compareable to professional recording it's bad, and to sound like a professional recording is something you're aiming for right? But I read your equipment and I guess you can't really go further until you have better gear. So just keep do what you're doing, keep upgrading your recording equipment to be able to produce better sounding music. If I were you i'd look for different drums as they are the ones that drags down the overall quality feel. Have you tried DFH?

The music itself is well played, good guitar playing, but I can't say if they are good well written songs or not. I didnt listen more than once and skipped a whole lot through the songs.

-bogsnarth

www.soundcloud.com/riff

Last edited by Riff; 11-13-2006 at 12:42 AM..
11-13-2006, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post

Cool. What's DFH?

EDIT: EZX Drumkit From Hell I am assuming from your other posts.

I've seen it but have never heard of it. Do you have any of your own mp3's with some of its stuff?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:41 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post

Cool. What's DFH?

I've seen it but have never heard of it. Do you have any of your own mp3's with some of its stuff?
Riff's Avatar Riff
11-13-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche101 View Post
Cool. What's DFH?

I've just bought and messing with it. But you can hear it in the link in my sig.

Also you could go here to hear it being used in different professional productions. Check out the Meshuggah song.

-bogsnarth

www.soundcloud.com/riff
Old 11-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #8
Can't you...SEE?

Bincount™: 4906

Quote:
Cool. What's DFH?

I've just bought and messing with it. But you can hear it in the link in my sig.

Also you could go here to hear it being used in different professional productions. Check out the Meshuggah song.

-bogsnarth

www.soundcloud.com/riff
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
11-13-2006, 03:14 PM

Quote:
It's hosted on Myspace... I don't know about everyone else but Myspace barely works for me.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Quote:
It's hosted on Myspace... I don't know about everyone else but Myspace barely works for me.
base metal's Avatar base metal
11-16-2006, 01:04 AM

Dude, I came back and listened again and I have to say that you have some pretty cool stuff. The only song i didn't really get into was 'In the Storm' just because it seemed a little more improvised than totally structured, but i'm not tryin' to knock your tunes.

Cynic Release: I really like the riff that comes in around 0:20 and 0:40 and I think you are a killer lead guitar player...serious, I play and I know that you ain't fuckin around... props.

The Collective: This was probably my fav. out of the four. I liked the buildup of the song around 1:20, that lick is intense and i think you tore it up from there on actually. I dig that jam.

The System: cool i think, mostly because I dig the whole keyboard thing. The first guitar solo was kinda low in the mix and really reverberated. Just some constructive criticism on that....i think maybe if you tried a different tone, a little more volume and less reverb it would be a lot more intense...i dunno, I think you write fairly well and considering that you play everything yourself and invest the money to produce your own stuff, i tip my hat to you...you've got heart.

How many songs do you have total?

Last edited by base metal; 11-16-2006 at 11:38 AM..
Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 AM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

Dude, I came back and listened again and I have to say that you have some pretty cool stuff. The only song i didn't really get into was 'In the Storm' just because it seemed a little more improvised than totally structured, but i'm not tryin' to knock your tunes.

Cynic Release: I really like the riff that comes in around 0:20 and 0:40 and I think you are a killer lead guitar player...serious, I play and I know that you ain't fuckin around... props.

The Collective: This was probably my fav. out of the four. I liked the buildup of the song around 1:20, that lick is intense and i think you tore it up from there on actually. I dig that jam.

The System: cool i think, mostly because I dig the whole keyboard thing. The first guitar solo was kinda low in the mix and really reverberated. Just some constructive criticism on that....i think maybe if you tried a different tone, a little more volume and less reverb it would be a lot more intense...i dunno, I think you write fairly well and considering that you play everything yourself and invest the money to produce your own stuff, i tip my hat to you...you've got heart.

Last edited by base metal; 11-16-2006 at 11:38 AM..
11-19-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Yes the storm was improvised. There are no keyboards in The System it is all guitar with a digitech whammy type pedal. I probably have over 50 songs but a lot are more like 3min sketches than actual songs.

Thanks for the comments!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

Yes the storm was improvised. There are no keyboards in The System it is all guitar with a digitech whammy type pedal. I probably have over 50 songs but a lot are more like 3min sketches than actual songs.

Thanks for the comments!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply