Forty-Six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings 1+2
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-09-2007 at 01:18 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings 1+2
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-09-2007 at 01:18 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Grox
06-08-2007, 07:33 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (O.T.R.M.)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (O.T.R.M.)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings 1+2
Lateralus
Vicarious

just got back. my first tool show. it was solid, definetly not the best show I've been to in a while by any means but it was solid. I probably would've enjoyed it more if I had floor tickets. oh well. pretty stock setlist, except they played Flood and didn't play Lost Keys before Rosetta Stoned. Both Stinkfist and Schism were extended. Lateralus was played with Melt-Banana's drummer. Before Stinkfist, Maynard said "hey Baltimore" and then "let's take a moment of silence, and reflection, for paris hilton. this next song, stinkfist, is for her." before Vicarious, he said "this song is dedicated to Paris Hilton." After Lateralus, Maynard said he was really happy that the crowd followed the no flash camera policy and thanked the crowd. It was cool, he seemed really happy. And of course, they all hugged at the end.

Last edited by Grox; 06-08-2007 at 07:40 PM..
Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

Jambi
Stinkfist (O.T.R.M.)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (O.T.R.M.)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings 1+2
Lateralus
Vicarious

just got back. my first tool show. it was solid, definetly not the best show I've been to in a while by any means but it was solid. I probably would've enjoyed it more if I had floor tickets. oh well. pretty stock setlist, except they played Flood and didn't play Lost Keys before Rosetta Stoned. Both Stinkfist and Schism were extended. Lateralus was played with Melt-Banana's drummer. Before Stinkfist, Maynard said "hey Baltimore" and then "let's take a moment of silence, and reflection, for paris hilton. this next song, stinkfist, is for her." before Vicarious, he said "this song is dedicated to Paris Hilton." After Lateralus, Maynard said he was really happy that the crowd followed the no flash camera policy and thanked the crowd. It was cool, he seemed really happy. And of course, they all hugged at the end.

Last edited by Grox; 06-08-2007 at 07:40 PM..
OFFLINE |  
sinfall's Avatar sinfall
06-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Just got home as well! 2nd tool show and it was great! Skipping what was previously mentioned. Before the show my wife and i were hanging around the tour buses. met some people that had been following the band since orlando! Then Justin came out on his bike. Took some pictures and signed something. He recognized the group that had been following the band. He then went inside. He came back out a few minutes later with 5 tickets and gave it to the group. They followed from richmond to baltimore, but didn't have tickets for the show. Justin is a fucking awesome person and seemed very down to earth. We saw Adam arrive, but he went straight inside. We got a pic of him while he was hanging out chatting. After justin went inside a few of the stage hands came out since they were finished. one of them chatted with my wife and I for about 45 minutes and gave me a guitar pick he snagged from the stage. He was bitching about having to wear the booties over his shoes to not damage the projection stage

I'll post pics later.

Also during Lateralus drum solo maynard came back onto the stage with a house phone like he was receiving a call, then walked off of his platform and tried to hand the phone to the melt-banana drummer during his part of the solo

Last edited by sinfall; 06-08-2007 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: more
Old 06-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Just got home as well! 2nd tool show and it was great! Skipping what was previously mentioned. Before the show my wife and i were hanging around the tour buses. met some people that had been following the band since orlando! Then Justin came out on his bike. Took some pictures and signed something. He recognized the group that had been following the band. He then went inside. He came back out a few minutes later with 5 tickets and gave it to the group. They followed from richmond to baltimore, but didn't have tickets for the show. Justin is a fucking awesome person and seemed very down to earth. We saw Adam arrive, but he went straight inside. We got a pic of him while he was hanging out chatting. After justin went inside a few of the stage hands came out since they were finished. one of them chatted with my wife and I for about 45 minutes and gave me a guitar pick he snagged from the stage. He was bitching about having to wear the booties over his shoes to not damage the projection stage

I'll post pics later.

Also during Lateralus drum solo maynard came back onto the stage with a house phone like he was receiving a call, then walked off of his platform and tried to hand the phone to the melt-banana drummer during his part of the solo

Last edited by sinfall; 06-08-2007 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: more
OFFLINE |  
Atrie
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM

The show was great. It was awesome to hear Flood. Our seats were pretty close to the stage, so we had a pretty good view of the band, but couldn't really see the light show. Thats OK because what really matters is hearing the band play and feed off the energy in the crowd. The previous post setlist sounds about right.
Maynard said something to the effect of the last two nights being unique, and the crowds in Baltimore and Richmond made iplaying these songs billion's of times worth it.
I was at the Richmond show last night, and I thought they were spot on both nights. I can't wait to see them again.

For the Band: Your fans really appreciate the effort and heart you all put into your performances. I've been a Tool fan since I first heard Opiate, and will continue to be a fan as long as I'm alive. I've never heard anyone play the way you guys do. Each of you are the best at your craft. We also love to watch you play - it is awe inspiring.

Can't wait till the next show. I won't be able to make AC, WInston-Salem or Bonnaroo, but I hope to see Tool again as soon as I possibly can.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was great. It was awesome to hear Flood. Our seats were pretty close to the stage, so we had a pretty good view of the band, but couldn't really see the light show. Thats OK because what really matters is hearing the band play and feed off the energy in the crowd. The previous post setlist sounds about right.
Maynard said something to the effect of the last two nights being unique, and the crowds in Baltimore and Richmond made iplaying these songs billion's of times worth it.
I was at the Richmond show last night, and I thought they were spot on both nights. I can't wait to see them again.

For the Band: Your fans really appreciate the effort and heart you all put into your performances. I've been a Tool fan since I first heard Opiate, and will continue to be a fan as long as I'm alive. I've never heard anyone play the way you guys do. Each of you are the best at your craft. We also love to watch you play - it is awe inspiring.

Can't wait till the next show. I won't be able to make AC, WInston-Salem or Bonnaroo, but I hope to see Tool again as soon as I possibly can.
OFFLINE |  
intricatus
06-08-2007, 09:05 PM

If you were there...the show was killer. A huge group of friends and I were about 25 feet from stage on the floor and dead center. A lot more moshing tonight as opposed to Richmond which I don't tend to enjoy. Light show was killer again of course and Flood was an awesome and unexpected switch from Pushit last night. Maynard was also a little more talkative tonight it seemed. The best was when he remembered Richmond and compared tonight and last night as great shows without the flash cameras. Hungry and Tired. It'll be a little bit but I will most likely see some of you in Reading... last show of this tour stretch! Hope you guys had as good of a time as me.

"So I take what is mine,and hold what is mine,
suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine."

Hell yes TOOL!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

If you were there...the show was killer. A huge group of friends and I were about 25 feet from stage on the floor and dead center. A lot more moshing tonight as opposed to Richmond which I don't tend to enjoy. Light show was killer again of course and Flood was an awesome and unexpected switch from Pushit last night. Maynard was also a little more talkative tonight it seemed. The best was when he remembered Richmond and compared tonight and last night as great shows without the flash cameras. Hungry and Tired. It'll be a little bit but I will most likely see some of you in Reading... last show of this tour stretch! Hope you guys had as good of a time as me.

"So I take what is mine,and hold what is mine,
suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine."

Hell yes TOOL!
OFFLINE |  
ateo
06-08-2007, 09:33 PM

First Tool concert I've been to. Songs played and so on has been covered pretty thoroughly by other posters so I won't repeat what they've already said.

We got there towards the end of Jambi during what is, in my opinion, the best part of the song. I'm kind of upset I missed the rest of it but such is life.

I thought the show was great. They played many of my favorite songs and the visuals were amazing, some of the best I've seen. I was in general admission and we worked our way towards the front so we could really get the full experience of the show.

They pulled off Rosetta Stoned very well, I didn't expect to hear that song live.

I wasn't too excited to hear wings 1/2 but at least the visual effects were good during this portion to keep the energy level somewhat high.

The songs were near perfect in terms of execution.

The only problem I would point out is that at a couple of points Maynard was completely drowned out by the music. I think maybe a couple of amps coulda been turned down to ensure that we heard the vocals at all times.

Either way, as a long time Tool fan this show was amazing. I'll definitely see them live again.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

First Tool concert I've been to. Songs played and so on has been covered pretty thoroughly by other posters so I won't repeat what they've already said.

We got there towards the end of Jambi during what is, in my opinion, the best part of the song. I'm kind of upset I missed the rest of it but such is life.

I thought the show was great. They played many of my favorite songs and the visuals were amazing, some of the best I've seen. I was in general admission and we worked our way towards the front so we could really get the full experience of the show.

They pulled off Rosetta Stoned very well, I didn't expect to hear that song live.

I wasn't too excited to hear wings 1/2 but at least the visual effects were good during this portion to keep the energy level somewhat high.

The songs were near perfect in terms of execution.

The only problem I would point out is that at a couple of points Maynard was completely drowned out by the music. I think maybe a couple of amps coulda been turned down to ensure that we heard the vocals at all times.

Either way, as a long time Tool fan this show was amazing. I'll definitely see them live again.
OFFLINE |  
darkslayer96's Avatar darkslayer96
06-08-2007, 09:41 PM

Can YOU say OMG!

What a fukkin show! Maynard and the boys were on point tonight. Very good show!
Excellent lights....

Rosetta Stoned was badass, as FLOOD was too!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 21

Can YOU say OMG!

What a fukkin show! Maynard and the boys were on point tonight. Very good show!
Excellent lights....

Rosetta Stoned was badass, as FLOOD was too!
OFFLINE |  
Rageagainstgburg
06-08-2007, 11:07 PM

AMAZING SHOW, as usual. on point!! and dedicating stinkfist to paris hilton-lol-- great show great people great town!!

4th show ive been to. shorter setlist... no pushit :( but we got flood!!
perfect seats section 110 1st row
and we ran into friends we havnt seen in years for the post concert party!!
AMAZING NIGHT!!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

AMAZING SHOW, as usual. on point!! and dedicating stinkfist to paris hilton-lol-- great show great people great town!!

4th show ive been to. shorter setlist... no pushit :( but we got flood!!
perfect seats section 110 1st row
and we ran into friends we havnt seen in years for the post concert party!!
AMAZING NIGHT!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
iceman316
06-09-2007, 01:08 AM

This was my 3rd Tool show. I saw them in Baltimore during the Lateralus Tour and again in October of last year during the 2006 10,000 Days Arena Tour. I had floor "seats" for this show and I was about 20 feet back and to the right of center-stage. (Right in front of Justin and in the middle of that ugly mosh pit.)

Each one of Tool's shows is unique and there have been aspects of each one that really stand out. The Lateralus shows had far better visuals and stage props than the 10,000 Days shows. I do think though that the actual stage performance and audio has been the best at the 10,000 Days shows. I was pleased to see that they upgraded the visuals slightly for this show over what they had in 06.

The band, as always, was on-point and they put on an amazing performance. Maynard and Danny were themselves, nothing too noteworthy. Maynard's telephone gag was hilarious though. Justin was full of energy as usual. I think that he generates a lot of the on-stage atmosphere and emotion for the band and he seems to have the strongest connection with the crowd. If you need proof of this, just remember that he was the one that fired up his lighter and joined everyone else. Adam kind of depressed me tonight. He's normally a lot more relaxed than the other three, but tonight it just looked like he had lost his puppy or something. Anyone else notice that? Maybe his pig-tails were too tight? Either way, his performance tonight was awesome... I expected nothing less.

The set list was well balanced and the transitions between songs were very smooth. I noticed that they changed their pace up a little bit over last year's show. Last year, they took their break after Wings 1 & 2 and at tonight's show, they took it before. Obviously not a big deal and probably not something that is "scripted" anyway, just an observation. There are songs that I wanted to hear tonight that they didn't play, but I still left the arena happy.

The opening band, Melt Banana, was so horrible that I can't even find the words to describe their performance. I have a thing for Japanese girls, so I think the lead singer is cute. The guitarist just looked like a douche with that mask on. What was the point anyway? Trying to prevent the spread of SUCK onto the crowd? Jerk.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 3rd Tool show. I saw them in Baltimore during the Lateralus Tour and again in October of last year during the 2006 10,000 Days Arena Tour. I had floor "seats" for this show and I was about 20 feet back and to the right of center-stage. (Right in front of Justin and in the middle of that ugly mosh pit.)

Each one of Tool's shows is unique and there have been aspects of each one that really stand out. The Lateralus shows had far better visuals and stage props than the 10,000 Days shows. I do think though that the actual stage performance and audio has been the best at the 10,000 Days shows. I was pleased to see that they upgraded the visuals slightly for this show over what they had in 06.

The band, as always, was on-point and they put on an amazing performance. Maynard and Danny were themselves, nothing too noteworthy. Maynard's telephone gag was hilarious though. Justin was full of energy as usual. I think that he generates a lot of the on-stage atmosphere and emotion for the band and he seems to have the strongest connection with the crowd. If you need proof of this, just remember that he was the one that fired up his lighter and joined everyone else. Adam kind of depressed me tonight. He's normally a lot more relaxed than the other three, but tonight it just looked like he had lost his puppy or something. Anyone else notice that? Maybe his pig-tails were too tight? Either way, his performance tonight was awesome... I expected nothing less.

The set list was well balanced and the transitions between songs were very smooth. I noticed that they changed their pace up a little bit over last year's show. Last year, they took their break after Wings 1 & 2 and at tonight's show, they took it before. Obviously not a big deal and probably not something that is "scripted" anyway, just an observation. There are songs that I wanted to hear tonight that they didn't play, but I still left the arena happy.

The opening band, Melt Banana, was so horrible that I can't even find the words to describe their performance. I have a thing for Japanese girls, so I think the lead singer is cute. The guitarist just looked like a douche with that mask on. What was the point anyway? Trying to prevent the spread of SUCK onto the crowd? Jerk.
OFFLINE |  
Grox
06-09-2007, 05:36 AM

hmm...I guess I'll repost this here:

Melt-Banana should be awesome, I'm a big fan. In fact, they were gonna headline a show at the Ottobar tonight, but they cancelled it in favor of opening for Tool. Sorta sucks, since they're a really great live band when the venue is more intimate. I really hope no Tool fans come on here after the show and lament about how much Melt-Banana sucks, I mean really, there's a reason they're touring with Tool. Isn't the whole idea of Tool to have an open mind about things? Just sayin'. Stuff like this usually happens when big bands get smaller, more ecentric to open for them, like when Deerhoof opened for Radiohead (oh god, the Radiohead fans slaughtered them). It's just sorta lame, you know? A band that prides on being progressive that has fans that are not really as open to other music as they should be.

also, did anyone else notice that maynard sings a little higher live? I though that was pretty cool. stinkfist was the best song of the night.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

hmm...I guess I'll repost this here:

Melt-Banana should be awesome, I'm a big fan. In fact, they were gonna headline a show at the Ottobar tonight, but they cancelled it in favor of opening for Tool. Sorta sucks, since they're a really great live band when the venue is more intimate. I really hope no Tool fans come on here after the show and lament about how much Melt-Banana sucks, I mean really, there's a reason they're touring with Tool. Isn't the whole idea of Tool to have an open mind about things? Just sayin'. Stuff like this usually happens when big bands get smaller, more ecentric to open for them, like when Deerhoof opened for Radiohead (oh god, the Radiohead fans slaughtered them). It's just sorta lame, you know? A band that prides on being progressive that has fans that are not really as open to other music as they should be.

also, did anyone else notice that maynard sings a little higher live? I though that was pretty cool. stinkfist was the best song of the night.
OFFLINE |  
'][' [[]] [[]] ][_
06-09-2007, 06:59 AM

MUCH better than the D.C. show. Sound and vocals were incredible!!

Took my 11yo girl to her 2nd show, my 3rd, and we both rocked out. Setlist was pretty standard, and we knew we would either get Right In Two, Pushit, or Flood. I was hoping for Pushit, but when they stared playing Flood, i flipped out!. Definitely ranks in my Top 3 of favorite Tool songs.

Maynard, again, was very vocal and appreciative of the crowd. I had never been to 1st Mariner before, and was surprised as to how small the venue is, not to mention, there wasn't anyone sitting in the top tier. Odd.

Crowd was pretty well-behaved outside of the moshers on the floor. We were in Section 107, Row H, so we had a great view of the show. My daughter was intriqued by the moshing and the crowd surfing. I told her, "when you get older". :)

Thank you Tool for yet another great show. We can't wait to see you guys again!!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

MUCH better than the D.C. show. Sound and vocals were incredible!!

Took my 11yo girl to her 2nd show, my 3rd, and we both rocked out. Setlist was pretty standard, and we knew we would either get Right In Two, Pushit, or Flood. I was hoping for Pushit, but when they stared playing Flood, i flipped out!. Definitely ranks in my Top 3 of favorite Tool songs.

Maynard, again, was very vocal and appreciative of the crowd. I had never been to 1st Mariner before, and was surprised as to how small the venue is, not to mention, there wasn't anyone sitting in the top tier. Odd.

Crowd was pretty well-behaved outside of the moshers on the floor. We were in Section 107, Row H, so we had a great view of the show. My daughter was intriqued by the moshing and the crowd surfing. I told her, "when you get older". :)

Thank you Tool for yet another great show. We can't wait to see you guys again!!
OFFLINE |  
stevenrb
06-09-2007, 07:00 AM

Melt Banana ahh whatever. Tool was awesome. The lighting was sweet. I was floor center and could hear nicely. The comment at the begining "Lets have a moment of silence for Paris hilton, this next song is dedicated to her its called Stinkfist" that was so funny. Then he dedicated Vicarious to her also funny. Flood was awesome. i think the only thing that was cool about Melt Banana being there would be the drum solo thingy they tool did w/ the drummer from Melt banana and Maynard on the old phone joke. Did anyone notice the little bag hanging to maynards side wtf is that? Ive been told that Maynard is epileptic hence the reason he doesnt want flash photography and why he wears sunglasses through the whole show and stays in the shaddows. Those moving circle lights above the stage were awesome tooo if i was tripping like the guy behind me i think that would have been sweet. Finaly anyone parked in the parking garage you suck took me an hour to get out of there.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Melt Banana ahh whatever. Tool was awesome. The lighting was sweet. I was floor center and could hear nicely. The comment at the begining "Lets have a moment of silence for Paris hilton, this next song is dedicated to her its called Stinkfist" that was so funny. Then he dedicated Vicarious to her also funny. Flood was awesome. i think the only thing that was cool about Melt Banana being there would be the drum solo thingy they tool did w/ the drummer from Melt banana and Maynard on the old phone joke. Did anyone notice the little bag hanging to maynards side wtf is that? Ive been told that Maynard is epileptic hence the reason he doesnt want flash photography and why he wears sunglasses through the whole show and stays in the shaddows. Those moving circle lights above the stage were awesome tooo if i was tripping like the guy behind me i think that would have been sweet. Finaly anyone parked in the parking garage you suck took me an hour to get out of there.
OFFLINE |  
sungnamjo's Avatar sungnamjo
06-09-2007, 07:15 AM

amazing show, which you can expect nothing less of TooL this was my third XM days show (twice last year) and i gotta agree with Maynard, that something real special happened last night. in my opinion, B-more fans responded with a greater sense of appreciation and thanks, instead of the demanding and obligatory attitude i felt at the other shows I went to in Boston.

Danny was just amazing as always and at the end of the show, threw out like three pairs of drum sticks and a drum skin; gave one to Adam to throw but it barely made it to the front row!

Adam was just going with the flow. Incredible sound on both Jambi and Rosetta, chords cutting through the bassline like a saw. He just seems despoondant and emotionless when he plays live, at least when i've seen him play live, even on video.

Maynard was Maynard. vocals sounded great and like i've always said, a fifth instrument. by the way, for the poster who said that he couldn't hear Maynard over the amps, what are you f*cking kiddin me?! you outta know the lyrics enough to not even care about hearing him, especially at a concert with thousands of fans screaming. you outta be screaming/singing them with him too. To me, a TooL concert is an experience of the band's energy they're creating right in front of us and to interact with them as they play. going to a TooL concert isn't about hearing the songs as studio quality. come on man, lighten up.

Anyways, Justin is definitely the most energetic and active guy up there, bobbing his head, hair flaring in his face, body moving in perfect unison to not only to his bassline, but to the rest of the band's music.

the highlight for me was W4M 1 & 2, just because it reminds me of how far TooL has progressed with their music, all the way from songs like Hush, Jerk Off, and Sober to the Grudge, Aenima, and Push It to Vicarious and Right Into. Maynard even said tonight that it take a lot of emotion, feeling, and thought to go into performing and when W4M started playing, you could definitely feel it. fans were very respectful, because they all know what this song means to Maynard and like myself, probably have some similar feelings when they hear it played.

Flood was pleasantly unexpected and pretty cool to see Justin quo-ing the rest of the band on him. thats a song that they probably haven't played live in a long time and to be able to put it together last second tonight was something special.

finally, Melt Banana wasn't exactly TooL, but they wern't that bad on a Sonic Youth, Radiohead facade. i actually enjoyed watching their retro 80s punk style, certainly over any of these stupid talentless bands out there playing today---i will spare names from my derogatory comments.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

amazing show, which you can expect nothing less of TooL this was my third XM days show (twice last year) and i gotta agree with Maynard, that something real special happened last night. in my opinion, B-more fans responded with a greater sense of appreciation and thanks, instead of the demanding and obligatory attitude i felt at the other shows I went to in Boston.

Danny was just amazing as always and at the end of the show, threw out like three pairs of drum sticks and a drum skin; gave one to Adam to throw but it barely made it to the front row!

Adam was just going with the flow. Incredible sound on both Jambi and Rosetta, chords cutting through the bassline like a saw. He just seems despoondant and emotionless when he plays live, at least when i've seen him play live, even on video.

Maynard was Maynard. vocals sounded great and like i've always said, a fifth instrument. by the way, for the poster who said that he couldn't hear Maynard over the amps, what are you f*cking kiddin me?! you outta know the lyrics enough to not even care about hearing him, especially at a concert with thousands of fans screaming. you outta be screaming/singing them with him too. To me, a TooL concert is an experience of the band's energy they're creating right in front of us and to interact with them as they play. going to a TooL concert isn't about hearing the songs as studio quality. come on man, lighten up.

Anyways, Justin is definitely the most energetic and active guy up there, bobbing his head, hair flaring in his face, body moving in perfect unison to not only to his bassline, but to the rest of the band's music.

the highlight for me was W4M 1 & 2, just because it reminds me of how far TooL has progressed with their music, all the way from songs like Hush, Jerk Off, and Sober to the Grudge, Aenima, and Push It to Vicarious and Right Into. Maynard even said tonight that it take a lot of emotion, feeling, and thought to go into performing and when W4M started playing, you could definitely feel it. fans were very respectful, because they all know what this song means to Maynard and like myself, probably have some similar feelings when they hear it played.

Flood was pleasantly unexpected and pretty cool to see Justin quo-ing the rest of the band on him. thats a song that they probably haven't played live in a long time and to be able to put it together last second tonight was something special.

finally, Melt Banana wasn't exactly TooL, but they wern't that bad on a Sonic Youth, Radiohead facade. i actually enjoyed watching their retro 80s punk style, certainly over any of these stupid talentless bands out there playing today---i will spare names from my derogatory comments.
06-09-2007, 07:17 AM

Show was spot on. Everyone was on top of their game. Stinkfist was the hilight for me. No matter how many times I've heard it, it's a totally different world live.

Flood was also awesome to see live. I've heard Right In Two enough times.

Melt Banana was exactly like what I imagined Pokemon would be if it were a band.

Bankin on Pushit at Reading and all will be right with the world.

Last edited by munkyman; 06-09-2007 at 07:19 AM..
Old 06-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Show was spot on. Everyone was on top of their game. Stinkfist was the hilight for me. No matter how many times I've heard it, it's a totally different world live.

Flood was also awesome to see live. I've heard Right In Two enough times.

Melt Banana was exactly like what I imagined Pokemon would be if it were a band.

Bankin on Pushit at Reading and all will be right with the world.

Last edited by munkyman; 06-09-2007 at 07:19 AM..
OFFLINE |  
TheHunter
06-09-2007, 07:29 AM

well I guess I luckily arrived late and missed melt banana. my friend even asked a guy beside us if they'd already played and he said "yeah, but you didn't miss anything."

oh well onto TOOL.

Jambi is probably my favorite song off 10k days, but I just don't agree with it as an opener. I mean it's good, but there are at least 5 better songs to open with in their catalog. it's like "10,000 days came out last year! you can spice it up now!" in 2002 they were opening with sober and cold & ugly, why can't we get an old school opener now (that's not stinkfist)?

from where we were standing (floor, adam's side, on the fringes of the pit) maynard sounded really drowned out and the bass was almost overwhelming. but it was still more than could be said about the sound at the d.c. show. nothing against the verizon center, we just had the bad luck of being seated in some kind of acoustical vortex of crappiness I think. so in that regard baltimore arena was a better experience.

I saw the string from 46 & 2 to rosetta coming like a lot of people probably did from a mile away so I just enjoyed those songs for what they are (no lost keys??) but then I knew it was either going to be right in two (I was hoping not) or either pushit or flood either one I would love to hear. they didn't disappoint me with flood (the FULL ALBUM VERSION). I mean seriously, I can't find another point in their entire touring career where they've busted that out except as an opener down under in the spring of 02. so I was savoring that moment about as much as humanly possible. it seemed like a lot of people around me didn't know what song they were starting. I was yelling out "HERE COMES THE WATER" like a madman but everyone was just standing there not comprehending. whatever.

after that it really didn't matter what they played. I was glad to see maynard made it through wings without bitching out due to flash photography or projectiles or heckling or whatever seems to be the problem in pulling that song off. I was actually relieved at the end that nothing happened and the crowd was respectful, something maynard addressed after lateralus. maybe they've been reading all the bitching about the setlists on the sites like this about the repetitive setlists and it sort of came to a head when maynard talked about "it takes much strength and precision to pull these songs off every night and when you behave you get a much better show" or something to that effect.

I almost felt jipped when he said "here's another song about paris hilton" and as a good behavior reward they were going to play aenema but alas it was the old vicarious. blah. but it was still awesome. ok I'll shut up now.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:29 AM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

well I guess I luckily arrived late and missed melt banana. my friend even asked a guy beside us if they'd already played and he said "yeah, but you didn't miss anything."

oh well onto TOOL.

Jambi is probably my favorite song off 10k days, but I just don't agree with it as an opener. I mean it's good, but there are at least 5 better songs to open with in their catalog. it's like "10,000 days came out last year! you can spice it up now!" in 2002 they were opening with sober and cold & ugly, why can't we get an old school opener now (that's not stinkfist)?

from where we were standing (floor, adam's side, on the fringes of the pit) maynard sounded really drowned out and the bass was almost overwhelming. but it was still more than could be said about the sound at the d.c. show. nothing against the verizon center, we just had the bad luck of being seated in some kind of acoustical vortex of crappiness I think. so in that regard baltimore arena was a better experience.

I saw the string from 46 & 2 to rosetta coming like a lot of people probably did from a mile away so I just enjoyed those songs for what they are (no lost keys??) but then I knew it was either going to be right in two (I was hoping not) or either pushit or flood either one I would love to hear. they didn't disappoint me with flood (the FULL ALBUM VERSION). I mean seriously, I can't find another point in their entire touring career where they've busted that out except as an opener down under in the spring of 02. so I was savoring that moment about as much as humanly possible. it seemed like a lot of people around me didn't know what song they were starting. I was yelling out "HERE COMES THE WATER" like a madman but everyone was just standing there not comprehending. whatever.

after that it really didn't matter what they played. I was glad to see maynard made it through wings without bitching out due to flash photography or projectiles or heckling or whatever seems to be the problem in pulling that song off. I was actually relieved at the end that nothing happened and the crowd was respectful, something maynard addressed after lateralus. maybe they've been reading all the bitching about the setlists on the sites like this about the repetitive setlists and it sort of came to a head when maynard talked about "it takes much strength and precision to pull these songs off every night and when you behave you get a much better show" or something to that effect.

I almost felt jipped when he said "here's another song about paris hilton" and as a good behavior reward they were going to play aenema but alas it was the old vicarious. blah. but it was still awesome. ok I'll shut up now.
OFFLINE |  
sinfall's Avatar sinfall
06-09-2007, 07:34 AM

Here is the picture of Justin we got before the show....

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/uplo...-07_Justin.jpg
Old 06-09-2007, 07:34 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Here is the picture of Justin we got before the show....

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/uplo...-07_Justin.jpg
OFFLINE |  
Screaming Skull's Avatar Screaming Skull
06-09-2007, 07:35 AM

This was my third Tool show, I first saw them in Luxembourg in May 06 then in Mannheim, Germany Dec 06, both awesome shows but this was the best so far. Jambi is a great song to start the show. The highlight for me was Flood. I like how they change up the set list on different show/tours. In Mannheim we got Swamp Song which was great, but last night we got Flood, and I (along with the most of the crowd) went apeshit. The light show for Wings 1&2 and Lateralus was great. Each show is an experience, and last night was no exception.

Last edited by Screaming Skull; 06-09-2007 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 06-09-2007, 07:35 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my third Tool show, I first saw them in Luxembourg in May 06 then in Mannheim, Germany Dec 06, both awesome shows but this was the best so far. Jambi is a great song to start the show. The highlight for me was Flood. I like how they change up the set list on different show/tours. In Mannheim we got Swamp Song which was great, but last night we got Flood, and I (along with the most of the crowd) went apeshit. The light show for Wings 1&2 and Lateralus was great. Each show is an experience, and last night was no exception.

Last edited by Screaming Skull; 06-09-2007 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Typo
OFFLINE |  
TheHunter
06-09-2007, 07:36 AM

oh! about the crowd, I think they simply didn't have tickets for the upper deck or had it purposely blocked off, because I kept looking around and never saw a soul up there. otherwise every seat was filled and the floor was a nutbin.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

oh! about the crowd, I think they simply didn't have tickets for the upper deck or had it purposely blocked off, because I kept looking around and never saw a soul up there. otherwise every seat was filled and the floor was a nutbin.
OFFLINE |  
darkslayer96's Avatar darkslayer96
06-09-2007, 08:18 AM

Hey Guys!

Yeah I was on the floor midstream, like on the edge of the mosh pit, People were moshing pretty hard last night. I really dont like to mosh anymore, but for each their own.

The show was amazing, it seemed like everything went perfectly...This show was 10,000 times better than the one in DC. I think maynard was really into the show as well. They all seemed a bit happy at the end after Vicarious, the crowd was unbelievable. Nice Show guyz! lets do it again sometime! lol

Another thing i noticed is that they "strayed" away from the 10,000 days album quite a bit, only playing a few songs from it, that was a delight, I mean I love 10,000 days, but I rather them play some off their other albums too.

All in all it was a blast!

Also, I am thinking of going to the reading show now, lol~!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #19

Bincount™: 21

Hey Guys!

Yeah I was on the floor midstream, like on the edge of the mosh pit, People were moshing pretty hard last night. I really dont like to mosh anymore, but for each their own.

The show was amazing, it seemed like everything went perfectly...This show was 10,000 times better than the one in DC. I think maynard was really into the show as well. They all seemed a bit happy at the end after Vicarious, the crowd was unbelievable. Nice Show guyz! lets do it again sometime! lol

Another thing i noticed is that they "strayed" away from the 10,000 days album quite a bit, only playing a few songs from it, that was a delight, I mean I love 10,000 days, but I rather them play some off their other albums too.

All in all it was a blast!

Also, I am thinking of going to the reading show now, lol~!
OFFLINE |  
ryry85
06-09-2007, 08:31 AM

Good good show......started the night on on the rail right infront of adam and maynard....great view.....its cool to see their eyes for once.....the music sounds great but the vocals easily get lossed out of the mix. the crowd where we were was awesome...i didnt get pushed ONCE!!!!! and i had like 2 feet to move around.....wierd i know......but the bass started to get to my girlfriend so we moved to the back bleachers during the break.....sound was spot on back there along with the view.....prefect move....i personally couldnt have asked for a better show.....1 hour against the rail....1 hour with perfect view of the lasers and great sound too? come on...good times....i also met melt bananas guitar player..the only one i like out of that band....but to sum it all up....great show....it was nice to see maynard and everyone proving that they still respect their fans..that meant a lot to me. SEE YOU IN READING!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Good good show......started the night on on the rail right infront of adam and maynard....great view.....its cool to see their eyes for once.....the music sounds great but the vocals easily get lossed out of the mix. the crowd where we were was awesome...i didnt get pushed ONCE!!!!! and i had like 2 feet to move around.....wierd i know......but the bass started to get to my girlfriend so we moved to the back bleachers during the break.....sound was spot on back there along with the view.....prefect move....i personally couldnt have asked for a better show.....1 hour against the rail....1 hour with perfect view of the lasers and great sound too? come on...good times....i also met melt bananas guitar player..the only one i like out of that band....but to sum it all up....great show....it was nice to see maynard and everyone proving that they still respect their fans..that meant a lot to me. SEE YOU IN READING!
OFFLINE |  
Evolve991
06-09-2007, 08:35 AM

1st Tool show:EXCELLENT!!!!! Sitting in the middle concourse I felt like I was immersed IN the music. Pure throbbing adrenaline rush sitting in a bolted down seat !! Awesome graphics,a great crowd,no bullshit straightforward show of immense talent. I would have loved to hear Aenima live but thats my ONLY complaint.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

1st Tool show:EXCELLENT!!!!! Sitting in the middle concourse I felt like I was immersed IN the music. Pure throbbing adrenaline rush sitting in a bolted down seat !! Awesome graphics,a great crowd,no bullshit straightforward show of immense talent. I would have loved to hear Aenima live but thats my ONLY complaint.
OFFLINE |  
rintoot's Avatar rintoot
06-09-2007, 09:09 AM

well, it was my first tool show so i enjoyed every moment of it. i know most people are sick of the setlist, but they do still perfect these songs. Lateralus just blew me away, after the solo when everything came back into the ending of the song i was just overwhelmed. The lasers from wings on were mindblowing. I also like maynards idea of not singing the first two parts of the vicarious climax and then letting us do it, if it really will conserve his voice anyway. i guess he was more talkative than normal and the words he said before vicarious were awesome about how they play the songs millions of times but it still takes effort to pull it off.

and at the end after the hug when they put the spotlights out on us...it showed so much respect. i think theyre done as far as new music...that hug really makes you think that way anyway.

ill be in reading on the 16th of july
Old 06-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #22
On Probation

Bincount™: 87

well, it was my first tool show so i enjoyed every moment of it. i know most people are sick of the setlist, but they do still perfect these songs. Lateralus just blew me away, after the solo when everything came back into the ending of the song i was just overwhelmed. The lasers from wings on were mindblowing. I also like maynards idea of not singing the first two parts of the vicarious climax and then letting us do it, if it really will conserve his voice anyway. i guess he was more talkative than normal and the words he said before vicarious were awesome about how they play the songs millions of times but it still takes effort to pull it off.

and at the end after the hug when they put the spotlights out on us...it showed so much respect. i think theyre done as far as new music...that hug really makes you think that way anyway.

ill be in reading on the 16th of july
OFFLINE |  
Ninja Joe
06-09-2007, 09:53 AM

This was my second show (saw them on the Lateralus tour before). We were running a little late, arrived just after 9, and soon as we got on the floor the lights dimmed and TOOL came out.

I love Jambi, but they were really having issues with the sound, so the vocals were almost completely drowned out at the beginning. (They were messing with the sounds all night) By the end of the song it was a little better. I thought the bass was too high all night, but thats just me.

Stinkfist was next, (after the dedication of the song to Paris Hilton lol), which was really good. Incredible energy. 46 & 2 was good, although the guitar sound was a little screechy for my liking. I think Schism was next, which good. Same distrubing images from the Lateralus tour. (On a side note, I thought the visual setup was a kind of small. The screens were maybe only 15 feet high.)

Rosetta Stoned was awesome. I didn't like the effect on his voice for the beginning part (he didn't seem real into it), but after that it rocked. Definately my favorite song of the night. A ton of energy, and it sounded great.

I was happy they played Flood... but I was very surprised that the crowd wasn't very into it. I know it's not the most well known song, but I figured at least half the people would know it. Oh well, their loss, I was happy.

The laser show was pretty cool, but after reading the reviews from previous shows I think my expectations might have been a little high. I don't think the laser show was as good as the people hanging from the ceiling on the Lateralus tour.

Lateralus and Vicarious were a great way to end. The show seemed a little short, but I was really tired and I can't imagine how tired TOOL was. I guess you don't realize how into the songs you get until afterwards. Overall I give it a 9/10. I think the show was as good as it could be in the Baltimore Arena. It's a small arena and the acousitcs suck, it's impossible to buy beer or take a piss. Crowd was definately into it, a few annoying drunko's throwing stuff but nothing too bad.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second show (saw them on the Lateralus tour before). We were running a little late, arrived just after 9, and soon as we got on the floor the lights dimmed and TOOL came out.

I love Jambi, but they were really having issues with the sound, so the vocals were almost completely drowned out at the beginning. (They were messing with the sounds all night) By the end of the song it was a little better. I thought the bass was too high all night, but thats just me.

Stinkfist was next, (after the dedication of the song to Paris Hilton lol), which was really good. Incredible energy. 46 & 2 was good, although the guitar sound was a little screechy for my liking. I think Schism was next, which good. Same distrubing images from the Lateralus tour. (On a side note, I thought the visual setup was a kind of small. The screens were maybe only 15 feet high.)

Rosetta Stoned was awesome. I didn't like the effect on his voice for the beginning part (he didn't seem real into it), but after that it rocked. Definately my favorite song of the night. A ton of energy, and it sounded great.

I was happy they played Flood... but I was very surprised that the crowd wasn't very into it. I know it's not the most well known song, but I figured at least half the people would know it. Oh well, their loss, I was happy.

The laser show was pretty cool, but after reading the reviews from previous shows I think my expectations might have been a little high. I don't think the laser show was as good as the people hanging from the ceiling on the Lateralus tour.

Lateralus and Vicarious were a great way to end. The show seemed a little short, but I was really tired and I can't imagine how tired TOOL was. I guess you don't realize how into the songs you get until afterwards. Overall I give it a 9/10. I think the show was as good as it could be in the Baltimore Arena. It's a small arena and the acousitcs suck, it's impossible to buy beer or take a piss. Crowd was definately into it, a few annoying drunko's throwing stuff but nothing too bad.
OFFLINE |  
geoffsparky
06-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Our night started off with a flat tire on 495. We changed it in like 4 minutes. Anyway we get to the baltimore at 5, stop for happy hour at some bar to chug a few jack and cokes. We got in line at 5:30 and couldn't believe we were within the first 25 people to get in. Went in and immediately went to the front and security made everyone stay away from the rail for awhile. I didn't think melt banana was bad, just couldn't hear any vocals from front row....Time flew by between MB and Tool. All i can say is that it was probably the 2nd best concert in my life. I must say front row is the way to go!!! Adam winked at me:) :). after flood i hoisted myself over the rail and ran back to get a beer. I chilled near the back a little during wings for marie and took a 2 percosets, smoked a few bowls, and drank my beer. I made it pretty close before the end of that song, like right behind moshpit area, where the view is always fucking awesome. 10000 days was amazing again! Lateralus was the highlight for me for sure!! Need to shower i just woke up....blugh and if anyone saw the thumbs up from adam that was to me too YAAAAY!!!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Our night started off with a flat tire on 495. We changed it in like 4 minutes. Anyway we get to the baltimore at 5, stop for happy hour at some bar to chug a few jack and cokes. We got in line at 5:30 and couldn't believe we were within the first 25 people to get in. Went in and immediately went to the front and security made everyone stay away from the rail for awhile. I didn't think melt banana was bad, just couldn't hear any vocals from front row....Time flew by between MB and Tool. All i can say is that it was probably the 2nd best concert in my life. I must say front row is the way to go!!! Adam winked at me:) :). after flood i hoisted myself over the rail and ran back to get a beer. I chilled near the back a little during wings for marie and took a 2 percosets, smoked a few bowls, and drank my beer. I made it pretty close before the end of that song, like right behind moshpit area, where the view is always fucking awesome. 10000 days was amazing again! Lateralus was the highlight for me for sure!! Need to shower i just woke up....blugh and if anyone saw the thumbs up from adam that was to me too YAAAAY!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
durkabajung's Avatar durkabajung
06-09-2007, 10:56 AM

Awesome show. Blew away the Sept. 30th show in DC. Tool seemed a lot more into it with Maynard actually talking a little to the crowd. I was about five feet from Adam on the floor. He was really getting into it. My highlight is most definitely Flood. About halfway through when Justin started the main riff the floor went apeshit. The energy was amazing. The moshing wasn't too bad, in fact I'm glad most fans weren't just sitting around looking bored like at the DC show. Rosetta stoned was awesome and the sound was great where I was standing right in front of the stage. The lighting was A+ but couldn't see the projections on the stage floor from where we were. Danny had an ice pack on his right arm during the "intermission". You can tell Justin's having a great time up there. And as far as Lateralus is concerned: oh my god. Maynard was really getting into that song and the drums were perfect. Overall. the sound was really good where we were and I've never heard Adam sound that good live. Most songs sounded like they were slowed down a bit (for Danny I'm guessing?) but were not at all boring. Got home about 12:30 and couldn't sleep at all. I got a few shots with my phone:

http://i16.tinypic.com/63vpnya.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/61xlhqw.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/63bmzbr.jpg
Old 06-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Awesome show. Blew away the Sept. 30th show in DC. Tool seemed a lot more into it with Maynard actually talking a little to the crowd. I was about five feet from Adam on the floor. He was really getting into it. My highlight is most definitely Flood. About halfway through when Justin started the main riff the floor went apeshit. The energy was amazing. The moshing wasn't too bad, in fact I'm glad most fans weren't just sitting around looking bored like at the DC show. Rosetta stoned was awesome and the sound was great where I was standing right in front of the stage. The lighting was A+ but couldn't see the projections on the stage floor from where we were. Danny had an ice pack on his right arm during the "intermission". You can tell Justin's having a great time up there. And as far as Lateralus is concerned: oh my god. Maynard was really getting into that song and the drums were perfect. Overall. the sound was really good where we were and I've never heard Adam sound that good live. Most songs sounded like they were slowed down a bit (for Danny I'm guessing?) but were not at all boring. Got home about 12:30 and couldn't sleep at all. I got a few shots with my phone:

http://i16.tinypic.com/63vpnya.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/61xlhqw.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/63bmzbr.jpg
06-09-2007, 10:58 AM

My first show too. I was really happy with it, I kinda wanted an encore but No complaints, they played a hell of a show. I loved the energy and I was impressed with the sound on most songs. I love opening with Jambi and just hearing those few guitar mutes, it just let me know it was going to be sick. I was also impressed at Adams ability to reproduce the feedback/harmonic solos nicely. Great show all around.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My first show too. I was really happy with it, I kinda wanted an encore but No complaints, they played a hell of a show. I loved the energy and I was impressed with the sound on most songs. I love opening with Jambi and just hearing those few guitar mutes, it just let me know it was going to be sick. I was also impressed at Adams ability to reproduce the feedback/harmonic solos nicely. Great show all around.
06-09-2007, 11:22 AM

My review: This is was my third show. I saw them during their Chicago small venue tour. I saw them again in Columbus.

My rank:

Chicago: By far, the best. Perfect sound, sober was played perfectly, crowd was the best. The small theatre was the best possible place to see tool. The building directed the sound nicely to my ears.

Baltimore: 2nd best. Overall good sound, decent view of the stage from where I was sitting. The only bad part was this horrid girl that would not stfu during Wings for Marie part 1. Everyone around her kept telling her to shut up and the attention whore just kept up a high pitch scream: "MAYNARD MAYNARD...HE ISN'T LOOKING...F YOU MAYNARD!" Maynard vocals were pretty good. He went out with a bang with particularly strong vicarious vocals. Extended stinkfist was godly as always.

Columbus: The worst one. I was on the FLOOR. (like 7 rows back from the stage to the left) The sound on the floor sucked. I was in a dead zone or somthing. Anyway, it was still a good concert overall and the sound cleared up for some of the songs.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-10-2007 at 08:54 AM..
Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

My review: This is was my third show. I saw them during their Chicago small venue tour. I saw them again in Columbus.

My rank:

Chicago: By far, the best. Perfect sound, sober was played perfectly, crowd was the best. The small theatre was the best possible place to see tool. The building directed the sound nicely to my ears.

Baltimore: 2nd best. Overall good sound, decent view of the stage from where I was sitting. The only bad part was this horrid girl that would not stfu during Wings for Marie part 1. Everyone around her kept telling her to shut up and the attention whore just kept up a high pitch scream: "MAYNARD MAYNARD...HE ISN'T LOOKING...F YOU MAYNARD!" Maynard vocals were pretty good. He went out with a bang with particularly strong vicarious vocals. Extended stinkfist was godly as always.

Columbus: The worst one. I was on the FLOOR. (like 7 rows back from the stage to the left) The sound on the floor sucked. I was in a dead zone or somthing. Anyway, it was still a good concert overall and the sound cleared up for some of the songs.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-10-2007 at 08:54 AM..
OFFLINE |  
ateo
06-09-2007, 12:07 PM

Also I will say that while the band played pretty much perfectly the acoustics on the floor weren't that great. I think next time I'll bring some ear plugs because my hearing is just too sensitive to deal with 150 decibels for any length of time. Ears are still ringing/hissing 18 hours after the fact.

Oh yea, lateralus was the highlight of the night. That was incredible.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-09-2007 at 01:13 PM..
Old 06-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #28
Level 2 - Poster

Also I will say that while the band played pretty much perfectly the acoustics on the floor weren't that great. I think next time I'll bring some ear plugs because my hearing is just too sensitive to deal with 150 decibels for any length of time. Ears are still ringing/hissing 18 hours after the fact.

Oh yea, lateralus was the highlight of the night. That was incredible.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-09-2007 at 01:13 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Whistlerbnd
06-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Third show this tour I've seen them (which also happens to correspond w/ the 3rd time period)... I saw them in Vegas last summer outside at the Joint and in DC at the Phone Booth.

By far my favorite show was the Joint. It was outdoors (outside of the Hard Rock casino), I was flying high and the scene was just out of control. The set list was actually a bit varied from the rest of what we are seeing this go round (as it was the warmup tour to this current one). The Pot, Eon Blue and mostly Aenema. Maynard was truly feeling the crowd and it was a beautiful night.

DC was a bit of a downer. Maynard didn't seem to be feeling it as much and I though the performance was honestly a bit bland. The set list was pretty much the same as Vegas, but it just didn't have that feeling as when you walk away with from an amazing show. Personally, I was wondering if this is what everyone was talking about with Maynard starting to feel weight of years of touring and far extending vocals..

However, last night my faith in the group was renewed to full force. Personally, I liked the previous setlists a little better (really missed Aenema), but the feeling I got from the group was that was just not another stop on the tour. We were in section 104 right to Justin's side about 10 rows back and it was an amazing vantage point.

From the opening of Jambi, through the extended Stinkfist/Schism... the lighters illuminating the crowd before Wings? (and the band joining in while chilling in front of Danny's drums!) straight through to the end, you could just run off the vibe in there.

Gotta love Maynard.... bringing out an old phone set during the drum off in Laterlus. I think the drummer from the banana band had a phone call, but he seemed to be busy and Maynard must have told the caller to try back later!

All in all a much better focused show than DC, but not quite at the Vegas level. Hopefully we get a chance to see them again before they hang it up.

For those of you still ahead, you should be happy with the show... Enjoy!
Old 06-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Third show this tour I've seen them (which also happens to correspond w/ the 3rd time period)... I saw them in Vegas last summer outside at the Joint and in DC at the Phone Booth.

By far my favorite show was the Joint. It was outdoors (outside of the Hard Rock casino), I was flying high and the scene was just out of control. The set list was actually a bit varied from the rest of what we are seeing this go round (as it was the warmup tour to this current one). The Pot, Eon Blue and mostly Aenema. Maynard was truly feeling the crowd and it was a beautiful night.

DC was a bit of a downer. Maynard didn't seem to be feeling it as much and I though the performance was honestly a bit bland. The set list was pretty much the same as Vegas, but it just didn't have that feeling as when you walk away with from an amazing show. Personally, I was wondering if this is what everyone was talking about with Maynard starting to feel weight of years of touring and far extending vocals..

However, last night my faith in the group was renewed to full force. Personally, I liked the previous setlists a little better (really missed Aenema), but the feeling I got from the group was that was just not another stop on the tour. We were in section 104 right to Justin's side about 10 rows back and it was an amazing vantage point.

From the opening of Jambi, through the extended Stinkfist/Schism... the lighters illuminating the crowd before Wings? (and the band joining in while chilling in front of Danny's drums!) straight through to the end, you could just run off the vibe in there.

Gotta love Maynard.... bringing out an old phone set during the drum off in Laterlus. I think the drummer from the banana band had a phone call, but he seemed to be busy and Maynard must have told the caller to try back later!

All in all a much better focused show than DC, but not quite at the Vegas level. Hopefully we get a chance to see them again before they hang it up.

For those of you still ahead, you should be happy with the show... Enjoy!
OFFLINE |  
sinfall's Avatar sinfall
06-09-2007, 06:03 PM

Here are the pics. their just cell phone cam pics, so sorry for the quality...

http://ui.agileguitarforum.com/photos/?album=6
Old 06-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Here are the pics. their just cell phone cam pics, so sorry for the quality...

http://ui.agileguitarforum.com/photos/?album=6
OFFLINE |  
FirstDegree's Avatar FirstDegree
06-09-2007, 07:01 PM

I was there. So was My Brother. It was awesome.. blah blah. I think you've all covered that. Here are the -real- good points:

Someone from out of town was lost in the inner city. They wound down their window and happened to ask Me for directions. I was more than glad to not only guide them, but uncerimoniously block traffic behind them so they could turn where they needed to. I love being a Baltimore native.

I met up with a Friend from High School on the floor.. The same friend that introduced Me to tool. He looked so fucking happy when they started playing Lateralus. I was too. He had been on the Lateralus tour.. but had not seen the light show display with the song. I think that made His entire night.

After the concert, as everyone on the floor was exiting.. someone on the balcony yelled out: "Collective Unconscious.. Yeahhhh!!" No one said a thing. And then the guy kind of shrugged.. so I figured Id bail Him out with a delayed "Yeahhhh!!!!" Im kind of shy.. but there were a few others that followed My lead.. so it was pretty good.

Comparing Baltimore to DC.. I was disappointed that the Setlist seemed smaller. Other then that.. the sound quality blew DC away. Vicarious actually sounded like Vicarious.. unlike DC where I dont know what the hell I was listening to. In retrospect, hearing Flood pretty much makes up for the negative points of the show.

"They fought and they clawed like savages. At the end none had found what they were looking for; and they simply returned to nothing, like they were before."

First degree knows good shit when he sees it. - Ignoring Ignorance
Old 06-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 381

I was there. So was My Brother. It was awesome.. blah blah. I think you've all covered that. Here are the -real- good points:

Someone from out of town was lost in the inner city. They wound down their window and happened to ask Me for directions. I was more than glad to not only guide them, but uncerimoniously block traffic behind them so they could turn where they needed to. I love being a Baltimore native.

I met up with a Friend from High School on the floor.. The same friend that introduced Me to tool. He looked so fucking happy when they started playing Lateralus. I was too. He had been on the Lateralus tour.. but had not seen the light show display with the song. I think that made His entire night.

After the concert, as everyone on the floor was exiting.. someone on the balcony yelled out: "Collective Unconscious.. Yeahhhh!!" No one said a thing. And then the guy kind of shrugged.. so I figured Id bail Him out with a delayed "Yeahhhh!!!!" Im kind of shy.. but there were a few others that followed My lead.. so it was pretty good.

Comparing Baltimore to DC.. I was disappointed that the Setlist seemed smaller. Other then that.. the sound quality blew DC away. Vicarious actually sounded like Vicarious.. unlike DC where I dont know what the hell I was listening to. In retrospect, hearing Flood pretty much makes up for the negative points of the show.

"They fought and they clawed like savages. At the end none had found what they were looking for; and they simply returned to nothing, like they were before."

First degree knows good shit when he sees it. - Ignoring Ignorance
OFFLINE |  
Superfuzz's Avatar Superfuzz
06-10-2007, 08:08 AM

Solid show overall, seemed short, and the band seemed slightlyyyyy less into it then i remeber from september in DC. I think I might be the only one here who thinks that show was much better. The sound quality was better in b-more, and the visuals were FAR better, but to me everything just sounded slower and less intense. There simply is no beating Aenema on the encore at verizon, everyone was into it, band included, and it was a far "tighter" sound. But enough about the DC show, this one was pretty fun, not a huge fan of the 10k days stuff, but wings sounded much better than last time, and 46&2 was probably one of the best live performances of one of the best live songs i have seen in my life, ever. Pretty short setlist, and as i menitoned earlier, the band sounded sower and more tired, but then again that's expectd when you've been touring for a year, and your drummer tore a bicep ( and still is amazing). Melt Banana was very interesting, i'm not a big fan of cheesy video-game sounding guitar effects, but some of their more straightforward punkish songs were decent, nothing special, but hey at least you know with Tool you're going to get exposed to something innovative and (thankfully) not very generic. Lots of fat drunk assholes moshing in the GA section below (i was sec. 106). Seemed like a pretty stupid bunch. don't get me wrong I'll mosh occasionally (at death metal shows), but it was funny seeing all these fat drunk dudes almost falling over on their asses basically rambling into each other somehwhat slowly as they tried to "mosh" to a semi-heavy part and then it would go to the bridge of the song or something, and theyd be kinda clueless, just randomly lashing out with their arms. This show really wasnt the greatest to be moshing at (most Tool in general). The crowd seemed okay, aside from the aforementioned people.

A couple of funny things: before the show, down on the floor there was this dude and his gf, wearing a red dress, hangin out and dancing to some of the songs over the speakers. The guy walks away for like a second, and this chick goes straight up to one of the security guys on the side fence and starts fliritng like crazy with him. Dude kinda starts lookin at of the corner of his eye, tries to play it off. She was talkin to him for a while. Security guy had a big grin on his face afterwards, and his security guard buddy comes up to him and gives him the whole "respekt" handshake and such. Felt kinda sorry for that guy, his gf bein bitchy like that, straight up flirting with some other dude right in front of him, but i have to admit it was kinda funny. Also, during Lateralus, some drunk asshole starts climbing up rows of chairs, gets in front of my friend and and I, we think hes trying to scoot over in the row to get to his seat, then he just stops right in front of me, and starts chillin, bobbin his head. Needlessly to say i was getting kinda pissed and tried to tell him to move, but he was fuuuuuuucked up, fortunately it was only a half a minute or so till his friends in the row ab ove us told him to come to his seat.

anyways, all around fun show, but DC was definetly better.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #32

Bincount™: 4

Solid show overall, seemed short, and the band seemed slightlyyyyy less into it then i remeber from september in DC. I think I might be the only one here who thinks that show was much better. The sound quality was better in b-more, and the visuals were FAR better, but to me everything just sounded slower and less intense. There simply is no beating Aenema on the encore at verizon, everyone was into it, band included, and it was a far "tighter" sound. But enough about the DC show, this one was pretty fun, not a huge fan of the 10k days stuff, but wings sounded much better than last time, and 46&2 was probably one of the best live performances of one of the best live songs i have seen in my life, ever. Pretty short setlist, and as i menitoned earlier, the band sounded sower and more tired, but then again that's expectd when you've been touring for a year, and your drummer tore a bicep ( and still is amazing). Melt Banana was very interesting, i'm not a big fan of cheesy video-game sounding guitar effects, but some of their more straightforward punkish songs were decent, nothing special, but hey at least you know with Tool you're going to get exposed to something innovative and (thankfully) not very generic. Lots of fat drunk assholes moshing in the GA section below (i was sec. 106). Seemed like a pretty stupid bunch. don't get me wrong I'll mosh occasionally (at death metal shows), but it was funny seeing all these fat drunk dudes almost falling over on their asses basically rambling into each other somehwhat slowly as they tried to "mosh" to a semi-heavy part and then it would go to the bridge of the song or something, and theyd be kinda clueless, just randomly lashing out with their arms. This show really wasnt the greatest to be moshing at (most Tool in general). The crowd seemed okay, aside from the aforementioned people.

A couple of funny things: before the show, down on the floor there was this dude and his gf, wearing a red dress, hangin out and dancing to some of the songs over the speakers. The guy walks away for like a second, and this chick goes straight up to one of the security guys on the side fence and starts fliritng like crazy with him. Dude kinda starts lookin at of the corner of his eye, tries to play it off. She was talkin to him for a while. Security guy had a big grin on his face afterwards, and his security guard buddy comes up to him and gives him the whole "respekt" handshake and such. Felt kinda sorry for that guy, his gf bein bitchy like that, straight up flirting with some other dude right in front of him, but i have to admit it was kinda funny. Also, during Lateralus, some drunk asshole starts climbing up rows of chairs, gets in front of my friend and and I, we think hes trying to scoot over in the row to get to his seat, then he just stops right in front of me, and starts chillin, bobbin his head. Needlessly to say i was getting kinda pissed and tried to tell him to move, but he was fuuuuuuucked up, fortunately it was only a half a minute or so till his friends in the row ab ove us told him to come to his seat.

anyways, all around fun show, but DC was definetly better.
OFFLINE |  
StormShadow462's Avatar StormShadow462
06-10-2007, 11:53 AM

This was my fourth time seening Tool. Had floor tickets and this was the closest I've been to the actual band. Stood about a dozen people-lengths away from front stage, right in the center. Unlike previous shows I've seen, I had the opportunity to properly medicate myself before the show. This, I believe, actually took away from the experience of the show, but that's neither here nor there. Setlists posted above were correct. Got a low quality bootleg of the show by using my newly acquired digital stereo microphone portable audio recording device. Had to put it in my back pocket so I didn't lose it but was quite suprised by the quality. The band played spectacularly well as usual. Only a few minor mistakes but nothing too noticible. Setlist was pretty standard. Was hoping for something rare like Jimmy or The Patient but FLOOD was pretty suprising. I think the best song they played was Rosetta Stoned. Love that song especially the "I forgot my pen" part. Gives me chills everytime. Brilliant! Anyways, Maynard wasn't particularly talkative but cut on Paris Hilton a few times that was cool. Also thanked the crowd for observing the "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" request. Nothing especially profound. The opening band Melt Banana was not exactly what you would call pleasing to the ear. Sounded like the illegitimate child of System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dragon China Bufett Wait Staff, and an Atari 2600. Certainly not rushing out to buy their latest hit single. Bought a shirt for my girl and I at the parking garage. 25 bucks for both. That's a steal considering the 38 dollar pricetag on the same shirt inside. My girl suprised my with a zip up hoodie as an early birthday present. Don't even think im gonna wear it. Anyways in short: Average show with tight performance, and and average setlist. Nothing really special about it. Didn't blow me away like the times i've seen em before.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my fourth time seening Tool. Had floor tickets and this was the closest I've been to the actual band. Stood about a dozen people-lengths away from front stage, right in the center. Unlike previous shows I've seen, I had the opportunity to properly medicate myself before the show. This, I believe, actually took away from the experience of the show, but that's neither here nor there. Setlists posted above were correct. Got a low quality bootleg of the show by using my newly acquired digital stereo microphone portable audio recording device. Had to put it in my back pocket so I didn't lose it but was quite suprised by the quality. The band played spectacularly well as usual. Only a few minor mistakes but nothing too noticible. Setlist was pretty standard. Was hoping for something rare like Jimmy or The Patient but FLOOD was pretty suprising. I think the best song they played was Rosetta Stoned. Love that song especially the "I forgot my pen" part. Gives me chills everytime. Brilliant! Anyways, Maynard wasn't particularly talkative but cut on Paris Hilton a few times that was cool. Also thanked the crowd for observing the "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" request. Nothing especially profound. The opening band Melt Banana was not exactly what you would call pleasing to the ear. Sounded like the illegitimate child of System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dragon China Bufett Wait Staff, and an Atari 2600. Certainly not rushing out to buy their latest hit single. Bought a shirt for my girl and I at the parking garage. 25 bucks for both. That's a steal considering the 38 dollar pricetag on the same shirt inside. My girl suprised my with a zip up hoodie as an early birthday present. Don't even think im gonna wear it. Anyways in short: Average show with tight performance, and and average setlist. Nothing really special about it. Didn't blow me away like the times i've seen em before.
OFFLINE |  
yourealizethis
06-10-2007, 01:16 PM

Alrighty where to begin.
Last time Tool was at 1st Mariner Arena it was called Baltimore Arena. Venues changing their names are really starting to piss me off. Fuck you it's not PSInet Stadium, it's not M&T Bank Stadium, it's Raven's Stadium. 1st Mariner Arena to me is Where I Saw Tool in 2002 and 2007. I will know refer to it as BalTOOLmore Arena from now on. Lame I know, but hey , thats me. Last time Maynard was here(2002) he wasn't very talkative. I believe he said 2 things to the crowd. 1 was his inspiring "create something positive" speech before Lateralus...and after Stinkfist he said "Baltimore....(long pause, audience uproar)...Are you sure?" In a nutshell thats what Tool is. Deep, meaningful, relevant and insighful, but also, silly. He was a little more talkative this show, joking about Paris Hilton and such and also thanking us for "adhering to their no flash camera policy which makes them perform better"

Melt Banana
I wasn't really into them but I realize that Tool usually chooses who opens for them so I didn't boo or throw shit at them. Tool usually picks obscure bands that I've never heard of before to open for them. I think thats alot cooler than having a well established band, someone you've seen a handful of times opening. I've seen better bands than Melt Banana, but I've also seen worse. I thought that their drummer was pretty bad ass. Couldn't make out any vocals really. Melt Banana reminded me of that one episode of South Park w/Yoko Ono, Episode 317: "World Wide Recorder Concert (The Brown Noise)". Link: http://images.southparkstudios.com/downloads/download.php?file=/media/sounds/317/YOKOONO.wav

Tool
I had Tool Army Live Nation GA Tickets as well as Ticketmaster GA Tickets. I gotta say the Tool Army Tickets were cooler just cause they looked different, costed less, came w/a BestBuy coupon and on the back of the ticket, 15% off Dinner at Texas De Brazil, a restaurant at the Fair Oaks Mall. I mean it kinda sucks that I have to drive an hour and a half to get 15% off a dinner to a restaurant I've never even heard of. But I guess it's the thought that counts. BalTOOLmore Arena is quite a dinky venue compared to Verizon Center. I had a great view, pretty much wherever I stood, as long as I wasn't behind a tall person.
I thought the show was very energetic and everyone seemed very into it. Adam w/his pigtails, Maynard w/his sillyness, sightgags and sincerity, Justin w/his body movements and Danny w/his not calapsing after drum solos. Tool's performance was top fucking notch! There are always aggrivating factors that hinder a perfect performance. Like a half-naked, drunk on wine Maynard who's overcoming a cold or a hungry Adam who missed lunch and dinner or when Justin bobbs his head around spastically and then can't see the bass cause he has his hair in his eyes or Danny in severe pain from beating the shit out of those heads. This was not the case tonight.

The Pit
I was up front for most of the show, towards Justin. I'm not a big pit person, but always like to observe the interesting "homunculus mongoloids" as they thrash about. I'm not exactly sure how you can mosh to "Wings", but that didn't stop people. Justin would occasionally glance at these morons and smile. There was this one tired looking sweaty fat guy w/long red hair who kept falling flat on his back when he got pushed. One time he stayed down for quite a while...just for the sheer fact that it took 3 people to lift this guy. He was really fucked up and tired. I seriously think he had some brain damage. I'm pretty sure he had it well before entering and staying in this crappily formed pit. This guy also kept grabbing people and chucking them into the pit. My one friend tossed him and his face wound up in another guys crotch. All this was stupid I thought until I saw something really awesome in the pit. There was this one small bald-headed dude who was most likely on acid...or tripping in some form cause he would move around having no pattern or order in time, like most of the pit. His back was arched as he continued his swaggery dance. A little while after Maynard said "If we may take this moment, a moment of silence, a moment of reflection and everyone put your hands together for Paris Hilton" a circle formed around this weird little bald-headed man. Guys held hands and formed a ritualistic circle of sorts and started jumping up and down, orbiting this man. It was pretty fuckin' sweet. It almost looked choreographed or something. I've never seen anything like it before. The whole "Right In Two" moment right there. Monkeys that trash about, bump into each other, but have the decency and the courtesy to lend a helping hand to the fallen, which is pretty much the standard in mosh pits. The dancing and circle formation was a bonus I guess. I still don't dig mosh pits but understand them a little better now. Really you just have to worry about that one motherfucker who wasn't loved enough as a child. Stay away from him and you'll be fine. He's usually the drunk one who is just randomly punching people...he can be confused w/the drunk one who is just there to let off some steam, not hurt anybody and have a good time. It can be confusing. The randomly puching people is kind of a tip off though.

alright I've said my shit.
Hope to see Tool again very soon. I'd love to hear more songs from Lateralus introduced into the set, but I realize that I had my chance half a decade ago to hear such songs, which I did and was very appreciative at the time. Never saw "Flood" live. Pretty awesome.

-previous Tool Shows
Washington DC - 9/30/06 - Verizon Center(previously MCI Center)
Camden, NJ - 9/28/06 - Tweeter Center
Baltimore, MD - 8/10/02 - BalToolmore Arena(previously Baltimore Arena)
Washington DC - 10/5/01 - MCI Center
Old 06-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Alrighty where to begin.
Last time Tool was at 1st Mariner Arena it was called Baltimore Arena. Venues changing their names are really starting to piss me off. Fuck you it's not PSInet Stadium, it's not M&T Bank Stadium, it's Raven's Stadium. 1st Mariner Arena to me is Where I Saw Tool in 2002 and 2007. I will know refer to it as BalTOOLmore Arena from now on. Lame I know, but hey , thats me. Last time Maynard was here(2002) he wasn't very talkative. I believe he said 2 things to the crowd. 1 was his inspiring "create something positive" speech before Lateralus...and after Stinkfist he said "Baltimore....(long pause, audience uproar)...Are you sure?" In a nutshell thats what Tool is. Deep, meaningful, relevant and insighful, but also, silly. He was a little more talkative this show, joking about Paris Hilton and such and also thanking us for "adhering to their no flash camera policy which makes them perform better"

Melt Banana
I wasn't really into them but I realize that Tool usually chooses who opens for them so I didn't boo or throw shit at them. Tool usually picks obscure bands that I've never heard of before to open for them. I think thats alot cooler than having a well established band, someone you've seen a handful of times opening. I've seen better bands than Melt Banana, but I've also seen worse. I thought that their drummer was pretty bad ass. Couldn't make out any vocals really. Melt Banana reminded me of that one episode of South Park w/Yoko Ono, Episode 317: "World Wide Recorder Concert (The Brown Noise)". Link: http://images.southparkstudios.com/downloads/download.php?file=/media/sounds/317/YOKOONO.wav

Tool
I had Tool Army Live Nation GA Tickets as well as Ticketmaster GA Tickets. I gotta say the Tool Army Tickets were cooler just cause they looked different, costed less, came w/a BestBuy coupon and on the back of the ticket, 15% off Dinner at Texas De Brazil, a restaurant at the Fair Oaks Mall. I mean it kinda sucks that I have to drive an hour and a half to get 15% off a dinner to a restaurant I've never even heard of. But I guess it's the thought that counts. BalTOOLmore Arena is quite a dinky venue compared to Verizon Center. I had a great view, pretty much wherever I stood, as long as I wasn't behind a tall person.
I thought the show was very energetic and everyone seemed very into it. Adam w/his pigtails, Maynard w/his sillyness, sightgags and sincerity, Justin w/his body movements and Danny w/his not calapsing after drum solos. Tool's performance was top fucking notch! There are always aggrivating factors that hinder a perfect performance. Like a half-naked, drunk on wine Maynard who's overcoming a cold or a hungry Adam who missed lunch and dinner or when Justin bobbs his head around spastically and then can't see the bass cause he has his hair in his eyes or Danny in severe pain from beating the shit out of those heads. This was not the case tonight.

The Pit
I was up front for most of the show, towards Justin. I'm not a big pit person, but always like to observe the interesting "homunculus mongoloids" as they thrash about. I'm not exactly sure how you can mosh to "Wings", but that didn't stop people. Justin would occasionally glance at these morons and smile. There was this one tired looking sweaty fat guy w/long red hair who kept falling flat on his back when he got pushed. One time he stayed down for quite a while...just for the sheer fact that it took 3 people to lift this guy. He was really fucked up and tired. I seriously think he had some brain damage. I'm pretty sure he had it well before entering and staying in this crappily formed pit. This guy also kept grabbing people and chucking them into the pit. My one friend tossed him and his face wound up in another guys crotch. All this was stupid I thought until I saw something really awesome in the pit. There was this one small bald-headed dude who was most likely on acid...or tripping in some form cause he would move around having no pattern or order in time, like most of the pit. His back was arched as he continued his swaggery dance. A little while after Maynard said "If we may take this moment, a moment of silence, a moment of reflection and everyone put your hands together for Paris Hilton" a circle formed around this weird little bald-headed man. Guys held hands and formed a ritualistic circle of sorts and started jumping up and down, orbiting this man. It was pretty fuckin' sweet. It almost looked choreographed or something. I've never seen anything like it before. The whole "Right In Two" moment right there. Monkeys that trash about, bump into each other, but have the decency and the courtesy to lend a helping hand to the fallen, which is pretty much the standard in mosh pits. The dancing and circle formation was a bonus I guess. I still don't dig mosh pits but understand them a little better now. Really you just have to worry about that one motherfucker who wasn't loved enough as a child. Stay away from him and you'll be fine. He's usually the drunk one who is just randomly punching people...he can be confused w/the drunk one who is just there to let off some steam, not hurt anybody and have a good time. It can be confusing. The randomly puching people is kind of a tip off though.

alright I've said my shit.
Hope to see Tool again very soon. I'd love to hear more songs from Lateralus introduced into the set, but I realize that I had my chance half a decade ago to hear such songs, which I did and was very appreciative at the time. Never saw "Flood" live. Pretty awesome.

-previous Tool Shows
Washington DC - 9/30/06 - Verizon Center(previously MCI Center)
Camden, NJ - 9/28/06 - Tweeter Center
Baltimore, MD - 8/10/02 - BalToolmore Arena(previously Baltimore Arena)
Washington DC - 10/5/01 - MCI Center
OFFLINE |  
CaduceusVino
06-10-2007, 02:05 PM

This was my third fabulous show.... I caught the show back in September in DC, and I have to say that I think the show in DC was a perhaps a bit better, with the exception of seeing them play FLOOD. There is no doubt that they sounded better in Baltimore because of the acoustics just being better, but the venue seemed too small for them to set up all the visuals. I think that the projections looked way cooler in DC because they had more space, but the view from the floor in Baltimore was way better than up in the seats. Those lasers looks so sweet from underneath. During Wings, it looked like there were green clouds were passing below the lasers because of the smoke machines. It's worth standing the whole time and having some beer spilled on you to be on the floor. You just can't see the whole show from up in the stands.

Thanks for posting the pics of Justin and the show!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

This was my third fabulous show.... I caught the show back in September in DC, and I have to say that I think the show in DC was a perhaps a bit better, with the exception of seeing them play FLOOD. There is no doubt that they sounded better in Baltimore because of the acoustics just being better, but the venue seemed too small for them to set up all the visuals. I think that the projections looked way cooler in DC because they had more space, but the view from the floor in Baltimore was way better than up in the seats. Those lasers looks so sweet from underneath. During Wings, it looked like there were green clouds were passing below the lasers because of the smoke machines. It's worth standing the whole time and having some beer spilled on you to be on the floor. You just can't see the whole show from up in the stands.

Thanks for posting the pics of Justin and the show!
OFFLINE |  
zzzsleepzzz's Avatar zzzsleepzzz
06-10-2007, 08:01 PM

Man...I'm sorry, but some of you people are just OUT OF YOUR F'IN MINDS!!! THE SHOW WAS AMAZING!! It was my 10th time seeing TOOL, they NEVER dissapoint. Yes I have seen them on good nights and bad nights, but they ARE human! I was in the perfect state of mind thanks to good ol uncle cid. My best friend I grew up with that I never see anymore made the 10 hour trip to come down and see this show with me. We used to always EAT and listen to Aenima with headphones on over and over and over. It was awesome to see Tool together, and they did not dissapoint! I also saw the Verizon DC show, the MCI center DC show (lat tour), the Baltimore Arean show (lat tour), and mulitple other places. I've seen the 10k days show 6 times, beginning with Coachella, then the warm up tour, then the full blown one 4 times on different legs. They are always AMAZING, even if in varying degrees.

I really believe we got a special show. Maynard was EXTREMELY thankful for the respect Baltimore gave tool, in both the venue and the fans. I've never seen him gush about anything like that before. The Lateralus tour was amazing, and I see so many people say it was better in both song selection and lighting/stage setup. I think it was just different. Lateralus was more positive, this tour is more dark. The lasers look AMAZING!! So do those 3 round lighting rigs above the stage, the net of being backdrop, the extra screens on stage, I could go on and on. UNREAL!!

You know when Tool talks about being aggrivated with their fans, I think they are partially refering to people who always bitch and complain about what tool does. THEY JUST CAN'T WIN, AND THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE. It's funny the "net critics" who sit back and say all this shit sucks, they don't do this, they could do this better, blah blah. NOBODY CAN DO IT BETTER THEN TOOL! I mean, why do you keep going? When I see the kind of show I saw two nights ago, I just feel so grateful to have witnessed the greatest band of my generation in their element offering something that makes any other concert look pathetic in comparison. And people just whine and complain. OF COURSE it would be nice if tool added a few different songs here and there, but they don't. OH WELL! It's THEIR choice. I personally think they have a very specific message for this tour, people just aren't getting it. I saw a VERY clear message being delivered, and this tour to me focuses very much on death and other dark elements. It's certainly not Lateralus, that era is over. Anyways, I'll stop blabbing.

I'll end by saying people should REALLY be more grateful. Once this band is gone you ALL will be missing it and after about 10 years of no Tool I bet you would give your left testicle to see TOOL play ANY song, let alone the ones that YOU think they should play!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #36

Man...I'm sorry, but some of you people are just OUT OF YOUR F'IN MINDS!!! THE SHOW WAS AMAZING!! It was my 10th time seeing TOOL, they NEVER dissapoint. Yes I have seen them on good nights and bad nights, but they ARE human! I was in the perfect state of mind thanks to good ol uncle cid. My best friend I grew up with that I never see anymore made the 10 hour trip to come down and see this show with me. We used to always EAT and listen to Aenima with headphones on over and over and over. It was awesome to see Tool together, and they did not dissapoint! I also saw the Verizon DC show, the MCI center DC show (lat tour), the Baltimore Arean show (lat tour), and mulitple other places. I've seen the 10k days show 6 times, beginning with Coachella, then the warm up tour, then the full blown one 4 times on different legs. They are always AMAZING, even if in varying degrees.

I really believe we got a special show. Maynard was EXTREMELY thankful for the respect Baltimore gave tool, in both the venue and the fans. I've never seen him gush about anything like that before. The Lateralus tour was amazing, and I see so many people say it was better in both song selection and lighting/stage setup. I think it was just different. Lateralus was more positive, this tour is more dark. The lasers look AMAZING!! So do those 3 round lighting rigs above the stage, the net of being backdrop, the extra screens on stage, I could go on and on. UNREAL!!

You know when Tool talks about being aggrivated with their fans, I think they are partially refering to people who always bitch and complain about what tool does. THEY JUST CAN'T WIN, AND THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE. It's funny the "net critics" who sit back and say all this shit sucks, they don't do this, they could do this better, blah blah. NOBODY CAN DO IT BETTER THEN TOOL! I mean, why do you keep going? When I see the kind of show I saw two nights ago, I just feel so grateful to have witnessed the greatest band of my generation in their element offering something that makes any other concert look pathetic in comparison. And people just whine and complain. OF COURSE it would be nice if tool added a few different songs here and there, but they don't. OH WELL! It's THEIR choice. I personally think they have a very specific message for this tour, people just aren't getting it. I saw a VERY clear message being delivered, and this tour to me focuses very much on death and other dark elements. It's certainly not Lateralus, that era is over. Anyways, I'll stop blabbing.

I'll end by saying people should REALLY be more grateful. Once this band is gone you ALL will be missing it and after about 10 years of no Tool I bet you would give your left testicle to see TOOL play ANY song, let alone the ones that YOU think they should play!
OFFLINE |  
IMetDC
06-10-2007, 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=sinfall;1987929]Just got home as well! 2nd tool show and it was great! Skipping what was previously mentioned. Before the show my wife and i were hanging around the tour buses. met some people that had been following the band since orlando! Then Justin came out on his bike. Took some pictures and signed something. He recognized the group that had been following the band. He then went inside. He came back out a few minutes later with 5 tickets and gave it to the group. They followed from richmond to baltimore, but didn't have tickets for the show. Justin is a fucking awesome person and seemed very down to earth. We saw Adam arrive, but he went straight inside. We got a pic of him while he was hanging out chatting. After justin went inside a few of the stage hands came out since they were finished. one of them chatted with my wife and I for about 45 minutes and gave me a guitar pick he snagged from the stage. He was bitching about having to wear the booties over his shoes to not damage the projection stage

this is one of those five, and the show was awesome. We were just planning on going to the georgia show but got arrested on the way. we decided, "Hell, we're already in Georgia, might as well keep going up to South Carolina." So we kept driving, with only the clothes we wore to georgia. similar thing happened there regarding the Richmond show, and again with Baltimore. We met Danny a few times, Adam twice (he took a picture of us with a dragonfly he gave us), and Justin a bunch of times. We got Maynards business card, it was made out of metal and had a puscifer symbol cut out, and the name was "M.J. Keenan, False Prophet". Amazing stuff. Best week of my life, got a set list from every show, and free tickets to one (from the band). Head of security was tight as shit, Phil with the sound is the man, and Tom the trucker driver saved our ass. we recommend it to anyone with the time, really a great experience. Part of us wishes we were still there.
Jesse Deutsch, Station 52
Old 06-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

[QUOTE=sinfall;1987929]Just got home as well! 2nd tool show and it was great! Skipping what was previously mentioned. Before the show my wife and i were hanging around the tour buses. met some people that had been following the band since orlando! Then Justin came out on his bike. Took some pictures and signed something. He recognized the group that had been following the band. He then went inside. He came back out a few minutes later with 5 tickets and gave it to the group. They followed from richmond to baltimore, but didn't have tickets for the show. Justin is a fucking awesome person and seemed very down to earth. We saw Adam arrive, but he went straight inside. We got a pic of him while he was hanging out chatting. After justin went inside a few of the stage hands came out since they were finished. one of them chatted with my wife and I for about 45 minutes and gave me a guitar pick he snagged from the stage. He was bitching about having to wear the booties over his shoes to not damage the projection stage

this is one of those five, and the show was awesome. We were just planning on going to the georgia show but got arrested on the way. we decided, "Hell, we're already in Georgia, might as well keep going up to South Carolina." So we kept driving, with only the clothes we wore to georgia. similar thing happened there regarding the Richmond show, and again with Baltimore. We met Danny a few times, Adam twice (he took a picture of us with a dragonfly he gave us), and Justin a bunch of times. We got Maynards business card, it was made out of metal and had a puscifer symbol cut out, and the name was "M.J. Keenan, False Prophet". Amazing stuff. Best week of my life, got a set list from every show, and free tickets to one (from the band). Head of security was tight as shit, Phil with the sound is the man, and Tom the trucker driver saved our ass. we recommend it to anyone with the time, really a great experience. Part of us wishes we were still there.
Jesse Deutsch, Station 52
OFFLINE |  
GelatiCruiser's Avatar GelatiCruiser
06-11-2007, 05:30 AM

Show was great. Sound was WAY better than Verizon Center in Sept. Took a 1st timer with me and she really enjoyed the show. She seemed to think people didn't really let loose like they wanted to, but I thought the energy was pretty good. Set list seemed short, but hey, we got Flood. Great show though...
Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Show was great. Sound was WAY better than Verizon Center in Sept. Took a 1st timer with me and she really enjoyed the show. She seemed to think people didn't really let loose like they wanted to, but I thought the energy was pretty good. Set list seemed short, but hey, we got Flood. Great show though...
OFFLINE |  
A Tad Bit Catatonic's Avatar A Tad Bit Catatonic
06-11-2007, 07:15 AM

Most things of importance about this show have been said already - so I can just add a few esoteric insights.

Took my friend for his first show. He enjoyed it, but he's one of those guys who "doesn't listen to the lyrics" - and I did my best to explain, but still felt like he didn't really get the full experience. He is however a music lover, so he did take away something I think - I hope.

This was my 4th show, and it had its pros and its cons as with anything I suppose.

I'd never done floor tickets for a Tool concert so I thought I'd try it, but I can't help feeling as though that was my biggest mistake. It was a different perspective, and I did have a pretty decent view being that I'm 6' 1", and can see over most people - though I also couldn't help feeling guilty as there were a bunch of short hotties behind me who had no chance at even catching a glimpse of the stage. Must have been quite a shitty experience for them I kept thinking.

So then I decided I'd better get my moneys worth and brave my way up to the front of the stage. What a pile of shit - ramming your way through thousands of hot sweaty people packed like sardines only to come to "the pit" - and though fortunately it was a small mosh pit at this show, it was pretty inbred. Then some half ass crowd surfer kicked me in the head, and that was enough to set me off pretty well. I looked at those guys moshing, and couldn't help but think to myself about how they were gonna go home to West Virginia and take their chickens and goats "out for a spin" when they got home. What a bunch of dumbfucks - not even paying a lick of attention to the music.

But then on to the coolest part of the concert for me. I was between 15 and 20 feet directly in front of Adam at this point. I'm a guitarist so I figured since I had the opportunity, I'd ought to go at least make an attempt to examine Adam's technique best I could. For those people who make fun of and put him down for his geetar playing, they just haven't apparently watched him play closely, and just don't "get" what he's doing. He is a hell of a guitar player. In fact alot of the way I see the songs so called "tabbed out" on the internet are most definitely terribly wrong. From my few minutes of close observation, he does things that could be done in very simple positions, he actually does them the hard way. I realized, you know, he pays such close attention to detail that he realizes by doing things "just a little differently" you can get a very subtle, yet more pleasing effect. I know he is doing that all the time - he's a guitar impressionist is what he is. For lack of a less cliche way to put it, he's like Van Gogh on the guitar (minus the cutting off the ear) - Maybe "Monet" would be more fair to him. He is illustrating and highlighting those soundscapes with his techniques and effects like a fine oil painting. And I guess alot of people just don't understand that. Plus he's not just some geetarist - he's actually a "composer"... fundamental difference between being able to "jam out" and being able to write lasting meaningful progressive compositions that blend so well with other musicians like that. Also alot of people don't seem to grasp that. He is truly innovative, as opposed to just playing the same ole blues rock licks that 90% of todays rock is.

Also I had a "moment" there. Actually when Adam was done with that song, I think it was 46 and 2 he was playing. I was so blown away being so close, time sort of slowed down for me. Anyway, maybe it was just me, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I was like the tallest person right there in front of him anyway. But we made eye contact for a minute - was very cool. Even though he looks like he "doesn't get alot of sleep" he seems to have a fine spirit. I was watching his expressions and gestures (what there were of them anyway) and trying to put my finger on "how he does it", or "what he is doing"... I realized he is concentrating VERY HARD. I could easily see he is just off somewhere else, in some other place. And his movements on the guitar were coming so naturally - he was "in the zone". So that's why he doesn't move around like Hendrix. So for everybody who bags on Adam... well they just don't get it at all.

One more thing about Adam then I'm done. Anybody who's familiar with guitar knows that Hendrix is widely considered the "best" electric guitarist of all time. And I've read and heard that he is Adam's favorite guitarist, and personally I can hear it in his playing - even though it's alot different. Well anybody who's read much about electric guitar knows that Jimi was "all about the music", and he eventually got tired of constantly being expected to perform all his wild stage antics, as they detracted so much from "the music". In fact, towards the end of his carreer if you're familiar with the "Band of Gypsies" live album/performance album - Jimi just stood still during this performance to illustrate the music is what it's really all about. So maybe that's Adam's reasoning, and why he doesn't move around alot. Oh yeah, and as a bit of novelty, then lastnight I was listening to this guitar radio show called "the Chop Shop" and they were interviewing the guitarist from Iron Maiden - asking him his opinions about today's other top guitarists. So first he brought up Eddie Van Halen haha... if you've heard this show it tends to cater to 80's hair metal. But the second guitarist out of the interviewer's mouth was "Adam Jones from Tool" - I just thought that was super cool, and finally he's starting to get the props an recognition he deserves. Yup after watching him from 15 feet away, Adam is a hell of a guitarist I've got to admit.

So after I went up front I was right in front of the mosh pit, and didn't really feel like getting kicked in the head by some half ass crowd surfer again so I bailed back to my spot about directly in the middle of the floor. This was good enough for me, as it was towards the end of the show. Then it came to Lateralus and it's my favorite song so I was ready to jam out. I was riding the spiral when some fat fuck behind me pushed me (on purpose I'm pretty sure). This pretty much ruined the show for me, and I left out to the Merch booth. Where I opted to trade in my arm and one leg for a Tool souvenir. Actually I got 3 of the posters... they were affordable at least. What the hell is it with $75 Hooded sweatshirts, Christ almighty.

So I suppose it's to be expected - the usual ebb and flow of things. Overall I did have a good time. Loved the Paris Hilton comment - putting it like only Maynard could!

Also Flood was spectactular - that was always my favorite song off Undertow. "THIS GROUND IS NOT THE ROCK I THOUGHT IT TO BBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" F'n amazing live.

Can't wait to see what they do and where they go next...
Old 06-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #39
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61

Most things of importance about this show have been said already - so I can just add a few esoteric insights.

Took my friend for his first show. He enjoyed it, but he's one of those guys who "doesn't listen to the lyrics" - and I did my best to explain, but still felt like he didn't really get the full experience. He is however a music lover, so he did take away something I think - I hope.

This was my 4th show, and it had its pros and its cons as with anything I suppose.

I'd never done floor tickets for a Tool concert so I thought I'd try it, but I can't help feeling as though that was my biggest mistake. It was a different perspective, and I did have a pretty decent view being that I'm 6' 1", and can see over most people - though I also couldn't help feeling guilty as there were a bunch of short hotties behind me who had no chance at even catching a glimpse of the stage. Must have been quite a shitty experience for them I kept thinking.

So then I decided I'd better get my moneys worth and brave my way up to the front of the stage. What a pile of shit - ramming your way through thousands of hot sweaty people packed like sardines only to come to "the pit" - and though fortunately it was a small mosh pit at this show, it was pretty inbred. Then some half ass crowd surfer kicked me in the head, and that was enough to set me off pretty well. I looked at those guys moshing, and couldn't help but think to myself about how they were gonna go home to West Virginia and take their chickens and goats "out for a spin" when they got home. What a bunch of dumbfucks - not even paying a lick of attention to the music.

But then on to the coolest part of the concert for me. I was between 15 and 20 feet directly in front of Adam at this point. I'm a guitarist so I figured since I had the opportunity, I'd ought to go at least make an attempt to examine Adam's technique best I could. For those people who make fun of and put him down for his geetar playing, they just haven't apparently watched him play closely, and just don't "get" what he's doing. He is a hell of a guitar player. In fact alot of the way I see the songs so called "tabbed out" on the internet are most definitely terribly wrong. From my few minutes of close observation, he does things that could be done in very simple positions, he actually does them the hard way. I realized, you know, he pays such close attention to detail that he realizes by doing things "just a little differently" you can get a very subtle, yet more pleasing effect. I know he is doing that all the time - he's a guitar impressionist is what he is. For lack of a less cliche way to put it, he's like Van Gogh on the guitar (minus the cutting off the ear) - Maybe "Monet" would be more fair to him. He is illustrating and highlighting those soundscapes with his techniques and effects like a fine oil painting. And I guess alot of people just don't understand that. Plus he's not just some geetarist - he's actually a "composer"... fundamental difference between being able to "jam out" and being able to write lasting meaningful progressive compositions that blend so well with other musicians like that. Also alot of people don't seem to grasp that. He is truly innovative, as opposed to just playing the same ole blues rock licks that 90% of todays rock is.

Also I had a "moment" there. Actually when Adam was done with that song, I think it was 46 and 2 he was playing. I was so blown away being so close, time sort of slowed down for me. Anyway, maybe it was just me, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I was like the tallest person right there in front of him anyway. But we made eye contact for a minute - was very cool. Even though he looks like he "doesn't get alot of sleep" he seems to have a fine spirit. I was watching his expressions and gestures (what there were of them anyway) and trying to put my finger on "how he does it", or "what he is doing"... I realized he is concentrating VERY HARD. I could easily see he is just off somewhere else, in some other place. And his movements on the guitar were coming so naturally - he was "in the zone". So that's why he doesn't move around like Hendrix. So for everybody who bags on Adam... well they just don't get it at all.

One more thing about Adam then I'm done. Anybody who's familiar with guitar knows that Hendrix is widely considered the "best" electric guitarist of all time. And I've read and heard that he is Adam's favorite guitarist, and personally I can hear it in his playing - even though it's alot different. Well anybody who's read much about electric guitar knows that Jimi was "all about the music", and he eventually got tired of constantly being expected to perform all his wild stage antics, as they detracted so much from "the music". In fact, towards the end of his carreer if you're familiar with the "Band of Gypsies" live album/performance album - Jimi just stood still during this performance to illustrate the music is what it's really all about. So maybe that's Adam's reasoning, and why he doesn't move around alot. Oh yeah, and as a bit of novelty, then lastnight I was listening to this guitar radio show called "the Chop Shop" and they were interviewing the guitarist from Iron Maiden - asking him his opinions about today's other top guitarists. So first he brought up Eddie Van Halen haha... if you've heard this show it tends to cater to 80's hair metal. But the second guitarist out of the interviewer's mouth was "Adam Jones from Tool" - I just thought that was super cool, and finally he's starting to get the props an recognition he deserves. Yup after watching him from 15 feet away, Adam is a hell of a guitarist I've got to admit.

So after I went up front I was right in front of the mosh pit, and didn't really feel like getting kicked in the head by some half ass crowd surfer again so I bailed back to my spot about directly in the middle of the floor. This was good enough for me, as it was towards the end of the show. Then it came to Lateralus and it's my favorite song so I was ready to jam out. I was riding the spiral when some fat fuck behind me pushed me (on purpose I'm pretty sure). This pretty much ruined the show for me, and I left out to the Merch booth. Where I opted to trade in my arm and one leg for a Tool souvenir. Actually I got 3 of the posters... they were affordable at least. What the hell is it with $75 Hooded sweatshirts, Christ almighty.

So I suppose it's to be expected - the usual ebb and flow of things. Overall I did have a good time. Loved the Paris Hilton comment - putting it like only Maynard could!

Also Flood was spectactular - that was always my favorite song off Undertow. "THIS GROUND IS NOT THE ROCK I THOUGHT IT TO BBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" F'n amazing live.

Can't wait to see what they do and where they go next...
06-11-2007, 09:01 AM

What else can I say? It was amazing. We were on the floor, the energy of the crowd was unbelievable. Being on the floor is fine if you are tall, but I felt bad for all the shorties!
It would have been a perfect show if they had not played the H teaser before Flood. We were so excited because we thought it was H!!! What a let down...it's ok I'm over it now because it was such a great show!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

What else can I say? It was amazing. We were on the floor, the energy of the crowd was unbelievable. Being on the floor is fine if you are tall, but I felt bad for all the shorties!
It would have been a perfect show if they had not played the H teaser before Flood. We were so excited because we thought it was H!!! What a let down...it's ok I'm over it now because it was such a great show!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply