Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
Zaxang
05-17-2007, 10:29 PM

Sec 108, row c [third row, little to the left]

GREAT....GREAT SHOW. Second time I've seen 'em live [saw 'em last year at SMU]. It was a great show, had TONS of fun, got a cool shirt. The laser show was incredible and the music was fantastic. Maynard was acting goofy during jambi, riding an invisible horse and shooting guns with his hands. Funny stuff. Great, great, great show, cannot stress that enough. Brilliant. Definitely the #1 show I've ever seen in my life. Lateralus was FANTASTIC, halfway through the song Danny went on a crazy drum solo that rocked the foundations of the concert hall. The crowd was great, very into it.

BRILLIANT
Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #41
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/16 - Fort Worth, TX - Ft. Worth Convention Center

Sec 108, row c [third row, little to the left]

GREAT....GREAT SHOW. Second time I've seen 'em live [saw 'em last year at SMU]. It was a great show, had TONS of fun, got a cool shirt. The laser show was incredible and the music was fantastic. Maynard was acting goofy during jambi, riding an invisible horse and shooting guns with his hands. Funny stuff. Great, great, great show, cannot stress that enough. Brilliant. Definitely the #1 show I've ever seen in my life. Lateralus was FANTASTIC, halfway through the song Danny went on a crazy drum solo that rocked the foundations of the concert hall. The crowd was great, very into it.

BRILLIANT
OFFLINE |  
BlueStarEpiphany's Avatar BlueStarEpiphany
05-18-2007, 01:08 AM

2nd show ive been too- the other was the one last year in dallas and id have to say this was the better of the two! i got floor seats about 20 rows back and other than the tall people in front of me the view was great!
the light show was so badass from the floor seats i ended up staring at it almost the whole time during 10000 days and wings for marie and forgot to unlock my knees- i ended up blacking out and having to sit out lateralus and vicarious :(
the end was perfect- i dunno if it was the excitement from being able to stand up again or what but aenima blew me away!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

2nd show ive been too- the other was the one last year in dallas and id have to say this was the better of the two! i got floor seats about 20 rows back and other than the tall people in front of me the view was great!
the light show was so badass from the floor seats i ended up staring at it almost the whole time during 10000 days and wings for marie and forgot to unlock my knees- i ended up blacking out and having to sit out lateralus and vicarious :(
the end was perfect- i dunno if it was the excitement from being able to stand up again or what but aenima blew me away!
05-18-2007, 06:56 AM

I always find it funny to go to a TOOL show.... so many fans and so uninformed.........Who bought a 43 dollar tee shirt? Hooker with a Penis?

show 14 for me...and it ranks in the top 5.......but you cannot beat a TOOL show.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:56 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

I always find it funny to go to a TOOL show.... so many fans and so uninformed.........Who bought a 43 dollar tee shirt? Hooker with a Penis?

show 14 for me...and it ranks in the top 5.......but you cannot beat a TOOL show.
OFFLINE |  
Brianabd
05-18-2007, 10:14 AM

AMAZING SHOW! I loved how they added so much to so many songs. Schism with the sped up interlude, Lateralus with the drum solo (which I can't believe people actually said danny lost speed and power I guess they didn't hear what he played during that part or something...) Lots of intro's to songs like a part of intension before right in two. I think they even played a bit of useful idiot before they destroyed 46&2. Just such an amazing show can't wait to see them again next week in Corpus.

But I do have to add that I am sick of hearing people bitch about them playing new songs and not old ones. Can you even comprehend your own idiocy? You are BORED of hearing NEW songs and WOULDN'T be bored if you heard OLD songs??? And people suggesting that MJK would have more energy if they played old songs? HA HA... You really think he would be energetic if they busted out a song they have played countless times more than the songs they are playing now? Hell no this is their NEW tour for their NEW album so they play their NEW songs. Get over it. I love the new album and I can't wait to see them play them again. Not the same shit I saw them play 13 years ago...
Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

AMAZING SHOW! I loved how they added so much to so many songs. Schism with the sped up interlude, Lateralus with the drum solo (which I can't believe people actually said danny lost speed and power I guess they didn't hear what he played during that part or something...) Lots of intro's to songs like a part of intension before right in two. I think they even played a bit of useful idiot before they destroyed 46&2. Just such an amazing show can't wait to see them again next week in Corpus.

But I do have to add that I am sick of hearing people bitch about them playing new songs and not old ones. Can you even comprehend your own idiocy? You are BORED of hearing NEW songs and WOULDN'T be bored if you heard OLD songs??? And people suggesting that MJK would have more energy if they played old songs? HA HA... You really think he would be energetic if they busted out a song they have played countless times more than the songs they are playing now? Hell no this is their NEW tour for their NEW album so they play their NEW songs. Get over it. I love the new album and I can't wait to see them play them again. Not the same shit I saw them play 13 years ago...
OFFLINE |  
tyler47
05-18-2007, 12:08 PM

good show. lack of energy from the crowd in my section, 311... people seemed to not know any words or anything just sat in their seats until the last 2 songs... pretty lame. in my opinion it was much better than AAC and the overall production was amazing. the lasers were right above me and they were sick!!! I've never seen a laser show thats so powerful. highlight of my night wasnt even the concert... these 2 dickheads behind me started hitting on posssibly the two nastiest girls i have EVER seen.... by lateralus they were in full fledge makeout mode, and by the time aenema was over and the lights were on, they realized how fucking dumb they were... their faces were priceless. one of them had red hair with no front teeth and the others nose looked something like an ant eater. sucks they show up to a show and dont even enjoy the music RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. oh well, that was my only complaint... sick show though.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

good show. lack of energy from the crowd in my section, 311... people seemed to not know any words or anything just sat in their seats until the last 2 songs... pretty lame. in my opinion it was much better than AAC and the overall production was amazing. the lasers were right above me and they were sick!!! I've never seen a laser show thats so powerful. highlight of my night wasnt even the concert... these 2 dickheads behind me started hitting on posssibly the two nastiest girls i have EVER seen.... by lateralus they were in full fledge makeout mode, and by the time aenema was over and the lights were on, they realized how fucking dumb they were... their faces were priceless. one of them had red hair with no front teeth and the others nose looked something like an ant eater. sucks they show up to a show and dont even enjoy the music RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. oh well, that was my only complaint... sick show though.
OFFLINE |  
felix45's Avatar felix45
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM

@tyler - ouch that is no good. Everyone in my section stood up when the lights went out at 9 before tool went on and only took a break during the intro to 10,000 days. Allthough no one really sang including my friends until the last 3 songs, maybe they felt embarassed or something. haha that is pretty funny though about those girls and guys. I dont even do that during movies unless it is a chic flick heh.

I think the 2 funniest things of the show to me were the second the lights went out this guy in the row in front of me pulled out probably the worst joint ever rolled. maybe it was because he jammed it in his pocket or something but it was so jagged it was funny. After the show we were joking about how he rolled it and concluded he must have used the back of his fingers to roll it, hehe. That and my friends and I were talking about how hardcore it would be if they played ions as a joke and then when it came on I couldn't help but laugh :P

Last edited by paraflux; 05-18-2007 at 12:53 PM..
Old 05-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

@tyler - ouch that is no good. Everyone in my section stood up when the lights went out at 9 before tool went on and only took a break during the intro to 10,000 days. Allthough no one really sang including my friends until the last 3 songs, maybe they felt embarassed or something. haha that is pretty funny though about those girls and guys. I dont even do that during movies unless it is a chic flick heh.

I think the 2 funniest things of the show to me were the second the lights went out this guy in the row in front of me pulled out probably the worst joint ever rolled. maybe it was because he jammed it in his pocket or something but it was so jagged it was funny. After the show we were joking about how he rolled it and concluded he must have used the back of his fingers to roll it, hehe. That and my friends and I were talking about how hardcore it would be if they played ions as a joke and then when it came on I couldn't help but laugh :P

Last edited by paraflux; 05-18-2007 at 12:53 PM..
OFFLINE |  
simplyovercomplicated
05-18-2007, 01:23 PM

I am going to the show in San Antonio on Monday... so I thought I would do a little investigative work and see how the other recent, more particularly Texas, shows went. I am thrilled to read the reviews. I am also enjoying the set list, though, I find myself wishing that the band could play for five or so hours to get in so many more of their awesome songs from Undertow & Opiate. But, nonetheless... I was already on Cloud 9 about seeing (insert dreamy sigh) Tool. But, now I am just simply cannot wait!!! :)
Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

I am going to the show in San Antonio on Monday... so I thought I would do a little investigative work and see how the other recent, more particularly Texas, shows went. I am thrilled to read the reviews. I am also enjoying the set list, though, I find myself wishing that the band could play for five or so hours to get in so many more of their awesome songs from Undertow & Opiate. But, nonetheless... I was already on Cloud 9 about seeing (insert dreamy sigh) Tool. But, now I am just simply cannot wait!!! :)
OFFLINE |  
cant_be_faded's Avatar cant_be_faded
05-18-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm1221 View Post
Hardcore Tool fan since '94. I've seen Tool too many times to count. Amazing show but I will admit I'm getting tired of hearing them play the same songs throughout this tour. I was really hoping for pushit. I'm seeing them in San Antonio Monday. I hope they throw at least one "different" song in there. Right in Two was a nice change but not enough. Wings is awesome live but I would have been willing to sacrafice it for a few oldies. Don't think anything will ever beat the Lateralus tours. Rock on!

My god, I had a dream they were going to play Push It for some reason and was just convinced they would bust it out....then when they started Right In Two it sounded like the alternate live version of Push It at first....my chode nearly exploded, then I realized it was RiT. Still a great performance. But I expected a little different setlist as well.
"Why does God not blot out the sun?"

www.fozlur.com
Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #48
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm1221 View Post
Hardcore Tool fan since '94. I've seen Tool too many times to count. Amazing show but I will admit I'm getting tired of hearing them play the same songs throughout this tour. I was really hoping for pushit. I'm seeing them in San Antonio Monday. I hope they throw at least one "different" song in there. Right in Two was a nice change but not enough. Wings is awesome live but I would have been willing to sacrafice it for a few oldies. Don't think anything will ever beat the Lateralus tours. Rock on!

My god, I had a dream they were going to play Push It for some reason and was just convinced they would bust it out....then when they started Right In Two it sounded like the alternate live version of Push It at first....my chode nearly exploded, then I realized it was RiT. Still a great performance. But I expected a little different setlist as well.
"Why does God not blot out the sun?"

www.fozlur.com
OFFLINE |  
prater
05-18-2007, 09:22 PM

My only real complaint was the volume of the show, I could hear it plenty well, but the sound (probably due to the shape of the venue) was equalized weird. Vocals were just high enough to be heard but not fully understood at all parts and the highs/mids were all over the place. However despite all that my biggest complaint was that I could not feel the music, in the floor running through my body. It just wasn't loud enough. Great show on Tool's part, the setlist while consistent and yes I was hoping for pushit but it was still badass, the lights were the most amazing I've seen yet. However I would rate the AAC show last september slightly higher mostly due to the crowd respsonse... at teh time maynard had been sick and it was his first show back, I think that combined with everyones anticipation as to whether the show would occur at all made the tension thick, therefore increasing the energy, and the sound was out of this world. But you can't expect every show to top the last one especially if your working on your sixth or seventh show. Great show by far, wooped the ass of the woodlands last fall. On my way to Oklahoma as we speak. More to come...
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My only real complaint was the volume of the show, I could hear it plenty well, but the sound (probably due to the shape of the venue) was equalized weird. Vocals were just high enough to be heard but not fully understood at all parts and the highs/mids were all over the place. However despite all that my biggest complaint was that I could not feel the music, in the floor running through my body. It just wasn't loud enough. Great show on Tool's part, the setlist while consistent and yes I was hoping for pushit but it was still badass, the lights were the most amazing I've seen yet. However I would rate the AAC show last september slightly higher mostly due to the crowd respsonse... at teh time maynard had been sick and it was his first show back, I think that combined with everyones anticipation as to whether the show would occur at all made the tension thick, therefore increasing the energy, and the sound was out of this world. But you can't expect every show to top the last one especially if your working on your sixth or seventh show. Great show by far, wooped the ass of the woodlands last fall. On my way to Oklahoma as we speak. More to come...
OFFLINE |  
Futant3's Avatar Futant3
05-18-2007, 11:08 PM

Seeing or have seen all the TX dates and Oklahoma later tonight.

Love Jambi as a song not so thrilled about it as an opener. Rosetta Stoned at SMU was the perfect opener, Lost Keys gives people more warning that the show is starting and then it explodes. 313 Row C Maynard was a little muddy at times but he seemed to sing well, liked his AAC performance better cuz we got more personality and effort. Adam seemed a little loud from my spot, Justin awesome as usual, Danny gets the award for best performance. 3 clear drum solos, almost like he felt he had something to prove. 10,000 days was much cleaner tonight than at the AAC. Dying to get Pushit at San Antonio because we deserve it!

Visuals tonight were probably the best I've seen second only to FWCC on the Lateralus tour. They also seemed to be playing around with the music a lot more than they usually do. Overall a solid performance from one of the best live bands around. Gotta take the experience as a whole and love it, it really is a sensory overload. Also take a newbie with you they are fun to watch! Props to rpg, well said.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:08 PM   #50
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Seeing or have seen all the TX dates and Oklahoma later tonight.

Love Jambi as a song not so thrilled about it as an opener. Rosetta Stoned at SMU was the perfect opener, Lost Keys gives people more warning that the show is starting and then it explodes. 313 Row C Maynard was a little muddy at times but he seemed to sing well, liked his AAC performance better cuz we got more personality and effort. Adam seemed a little loud from my spot, Justin awesome as usual, Danny gets the award for best performance. 3 clear drum solos, almost like he felt he had something to prove. 10,000 days was much cleaner tonight than at the AAC. Dying to get Pushit at San Antonio because we deserve it!

Visuals tonight were probably the best I've seen second only to FWCC on the Lateralus tour. They also seemed to be playing around with the music a lot more than they usually do. Overall a solid performance from one of the best live bands around. Gotta take the experience as a whole and love it, it really is a sensory overload. Also take a newbie with you they are fun to watch! Props to rpg, well said.
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM

Well this was my first show of 2007 15th over all and of course it was good but I was dissapointed with the similar set list. I was excited to see this show and did not look at any set list. The main reason I was excited was that I took my friend to the show that lives in Dallas. He has never seen them before live so for him it was amazing. I loved that new part they threw on lateralus. The crowd was great we sat on the floor sec108 row w seat 13. I was impressed with the seats and surprised that there was seats bolted to the floor. Thks for the smoke to the nice people I met at the show. Right in 2 was a surprise but already heard that live at the warm up 2006 tour in Chicago. I love Dallas but not impressed with Fort Worth. We went to a couple of bars after the show and was called a "yankee" by some short haired b$#@^. I didn't know we were still fighting the war? I have tickets for 3 more shows this year and am praying that every show is not the same. I saw a bunch of shows in 2001 and 2002 every show was different and I dont understand why tool is doing this same set list thing? I still love going to a tool concert but maybe I have seen it all.....until the next show...
7/19/98 WI, 9/8/01 IN, 9/9/01 IL, 10/20/01 IA, 7/19/02 NV, 8/29/02 IL, 9/1/02 WI, 9/7/02 IL, 10/18/02 MI, 11/24/02 CA, 5/13/06 IL, 9/1/06 NV, 9/16/06 MN, 9/18/06 IL, 5/16/07 TX, 6/22/07 MO, 6/27/07 IL, 7/4/07 WI
Old 05-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well this was my first show of 2007 15th over all and of course it was good but I was dissapointed with the similar set list. I was excited to see this show and did not look at any set list. The main reason I was excited was that I took my friend to the show that lives in Dallas. He has never seen them before live so for him it was amazing. I loved that new part they threw on lateralus. The crowd was great we sat on the floor sec108 row w seat 13. I was impressed with the seats and surprised that there was seats bolted to the floor. Thks for the smoke to the nice people I met at the show. Right in 2 was a surprise but already heard that live at the warm up 2006 tour in Chicago. I love Dallas but not impressed with Fort Worth. We went to a couple of bars after the show and was called a "yankee" by some short haired b$#@^. I didn't know we were still fighting the war? I have tickets for 3 more shows this year and am praying that every show is not the same. I saw a bunch of shows in 2001 and 2002 every show was different and I dont understand why tool is doing this same set list thing? I still love going to a tool concert but maybe I have seen it all.....until the next show...
7/19/98 WI, 9/8/01 IN, 9/9/01 IL, 10/20/01 IA, 7/19/02 NV, 8/29/02 IL, 9/1/02 WI, 9/7/02 IL, 10/18/02 MI, 11/24/02 CA, 5/13/06 IL, 9/1/06 NV, 9/16/06 MN, 9/18/06 IL, 5/16/07 TX, 6/22/07 MO, 6/27/07 IL, 7/4/07 WI
OFFLINE |  
BGA
05-22-2007, 02:31 PM

Fuck everyone that crowded the aisles. I was 3rd row last seat in sec 107. The security guard was a pussy and could not do anything about people trying to jump over the 2nd row seats. One guy stood right in front of me and was a real dick when I told him this was my seat and asked him to move over. I don't mind people trying to see the show better, but don't fuck with people that have tickets for the section you are tying to sneak into.
The show was great though. Lateralus was the highlight for me. I was very fortunate to see the show form the the badass seats I had. Last time I saw them they sold me tickets to seats the didn't exist, so Tool's tour manager gave us pit tickets at SMU.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #52
BGA
Level 4 - Thinker

Fuck everyone that crowded the aisles. I was 3rd row last seat in sec 107. The security guard was a pussy and could not do anything about people trying to jump over the 2nd row seats. One guy stood right in front of me and was a real dick when I told him this was my seat and asked him to move over. I don't mind people trying to see the show better, but don't fuck with people that have tickets for the section you are tying to sneak into.
The show was great though. Lateralus was the highlight for me. I was very fortunate to see the show form the the badass seats I had. Last time I saw them they sold me tickets to seats the didn't exist, so Tool's tour manager gave us pit tickets at SMU.
OFFLINE |  
Eulogy33's Avatar Eulogy33
06-15-2007, 09:59 AM

lol..sorry man, i was crowding the aisles (but only for a few min)..i'm only 4'11, i couldnt see anything!

ANWAYS.....just wanted to add that i am SO fuckin happy that they played AENIMA cuz we were the LAST show for them to play that on the North American tour. :)
Old 06-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

lol..sorry man, i was crowding the aisles (but only for a few min)..i'm only 4'11, i couldnt see anything!

ANWAYS.....just wanted to add that i am SO fuckin happy that they played AENIMA cuz we were the LAST show for them to play that on the North American tour. :)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply