Bincount™: 191
Re: Drug Advice.

lmao
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
bellamadia's Avatar bellamadia
12-19-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
Intentions. Other peoples' moods around them. True willingness to be open to the experience. Preparation.

Intention, I think, is the most important one, however.

If you go into it because you want to have a good time and party and whatever - basically if you're just looking for some new way to be entertained or get fucked up (which is what most do) then that's all you're likely to get out of it.

People you trip with also are important - if you trip with a bunch of teenage stoners who don't know/care about shit then you aren't going to get as much out of it. I was fortunate to have five amazingly wonderful open people to share the experience with while it was going on. This in no small way contributed.

In short, there is no guarantee. You do what you can - most importantly, you have to want to learn from it and change.
Thanks Blanket. I think I get it, and can see the rationale now. That said, I'm still pretty convinced it's not my path but I'm glad to have opened my mind more to the possibilities.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #162
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Intentions. Other peoples' moods around them. True willingness to be open to the experience. Preparation.

Intention, I think, is the most important one, however.

If you go into it because you want to have a good time and party and whatever - basically if you're just looking for some new way to be entertained or get fucked up (which is what most do) then that's all you're likely to get out of it.

People you trip with also are important - if you trip with a bunch of teenage stoners who don't know/care about shit then you aren't going to get as much out of it. I was fortunate to have five amazingly wonderful open people to share the experience with while it was going on. This in no small way contributed.

In short, there is no guarantee. You do what you can - most importantly, you have to want to learn from it and change.
Thanks Blanket. I think I get it, and can see the rationale now. That said, I'm still pretty convinced it's not my path but I'm glad to have opened my mind more to the possibilities.
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
12-19-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia View Post
...I'm still pretty convinced it's not my path but I'm glad to have opened my mind more to the possibilities.
My only goal.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 12-19-2006, 05:42 PM   #163
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
...I'm still pretty convinced it's not my path but I'm glad to have opened my mind more to the possibilities.
My only goal.

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
12-26-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I see your concern.

For me, I do psychedelics very rarely nowadays (except perhaps pot, if a psychedelic you consider it) - When I was doing them, it was mostly in my 'searching' phase, shortly after leaving Christianity behind, which was actually initially catalyzed by an Ayahuasca trip.

I gained this experiential knowledge of these other dimensions and what the implications of that could be. So I started looking for truth elsewhere. I eventually found a religion/school of thought that almost completely matched the conclusions I'd drawn while in the grips of a psychedelic state and during reflections thereafter.

So now then...

1. If one truly believes that alternate realities and the unseen exists, what would one gain by actually seeing some of them?

Part of those unknown realities is their unknown occupants/intelligence. Expeiencing those absolutle alien mindstates never ceases to give radically altered point of views and perspectives on matters in 'the real world' that spur sober growth and purpose.

2. How can we be confident that these other realities, etc. are any more of a reality or any more beneficial for us than what we currently see?

Because I see the paradigm our culture, people, and indeed our world are in right now as a result of 'acceptable, mainstream thinking' and it's shit. There's a sense and an unspeakable logic in the ability to examine an issue or idea from fifty angles simultaneously (not uncommon with psychedelic drug experiences) - It declouds the mind and allows the mind to delve fully within itself into the boundless unlimit of imagination - you can think and reason and contemplate on a scale that is not even conveyable to the sober mind - but you bring back your conclusions. And for me those conclusions have led to an intense inner peace and drive for growth and change.

Now I have kids so I don't really trip very much but I still think just like deep meditaion and prayer, psychedelic drugs will always have something to offer us in terms of learning and growing - if we choose to use them that way.
Very well put and totally agreed. It's the kids out there just taking it to simply get fucked up and whatnot that are having the bad trips or taking so much and so often their brains are fried. They give it a bad name, I haven't had the opportunity to do any hallucinogen in a long long time as I am also grown with a child but, I know very well what you mean about what one can take away from the experience. I have longed for an opportunity to get ahold of some somehow and one day do once again to reflect on some things. Or more so to, look inside and re-evaluate/re-program some things within my life. This is one thing I was able to do when I did use in my teenager days is I was able to gain a sense of drive and understanding of my own life as well as others and the nature of life itself which one would not get normally without them. I quit smoking after being on a trip when I was younger by digging mentally within my own mind and somehow re-arrange my mental wiring (which may sound like a weak path to take but, I never would've been able to quit or wasn't ever able to beforehand). Unfortunately, I started again about 2yrs later but it truly can work wonders if one uses it correctly and with good intentions.

Last edited by Inner_Eulogy; 12-26-2006 at 11:00 AM..
Old 12-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #164
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
I see your concern.

For me, I do psychedelics very rarely nowadays (except perhaps pot, if a psychedelic you consider it) - When I was doing them, it was mostly in my 'searching' phase, shortly after leaving Christianity behind, which was actually initially catalyzed by an Ayahuasca trip.

I gained this experiential knowledge of these other dimensions and what the implications of that could be. So I started looking for truth elsewhere. I eventually found a religion/school of thought that almost completely matched the conclusions I'd drawn while in the grips of a psychedelic state and during reflections thereafter.

So now then...

1. If one truly believes that alternate realities and the unseen exists, what would one gain by actually seeing some of them?

Part of those unknown realities is their unknown occupants/intelligence. Expeiencing those absolutle alien mindstates never ceases to give radically altered point of views and perspectives on matters in 'the real world' that spur sober growth and purpose.

2. How can we be confident that these other realities, etc. are any more of a reality or any more beneficial for us than what we currently see?

Because I see the paradigm our culture, people, and indeed our world are in right now as a result of 'acceptable, mainstream thinking' and it's shit. There's a sense and an unspeakable logic in the ability to examine an issue or idea from fifty angles simultaneously (not uncommon with psychedelic drug experiences) - It declouds the mind and allows the mind to delve fully within itself into the boundless unlimit of imagination - you can think and reason and contemplate on a scale that is not even conveyable to the sober mind - but you bring back your conclusions. And for me those conclusions have led to an intense inner peace and drive for growth and change.

Now I have kids so I don't really trip very much but I still think just like deep meditaion and prayer, psychedelic drugs will always have something to offer us in terms of learning and growing - if we choose to use them that way.
Very well put and totally agreed. It's the kids out there just taking it to simply get fucked up and whatnot that are having the bad trips or taking so much and so often their brains are fried. They give it a bad name, I haven't had the opportunity to do any hallucinogen in a long long time as I am also grown with a child but, I know very well what you mean about what one can take away from the experience. I have longed for an opportunity to get ahold of some somehow and one day do once again to reflect on some things. Or more so to, look inside and re-evaluate/re-program some things within my life. This is one thing I was able to do when I did use in my teenager days is I was able to gain a sense of drive and understanding of my own life as well as others and the nature of life itself which one would not get normally without them. I quit smoking after being on a trip when I was younger by digging mentally within my own mind and somehow re-arrange my mental wiring (which may sound like a weak path to take but, I never would've been able to quit or wasn't ever able to beforehand). Unfortunately, I started again about 2yrs later but it truly can work wonders if one uses it correctly and with good intentions.

Last edited by Inner_Eulogy; 12-26-2006 at 11:00 AM..
mentosman42
12-26-2006, 11:41 AM

the best advice i can tell you is when ur taking it try not to be nervious expecially with shrooms nothing bad is going to happen even if you do get a bad trip thats all it is a trip its not like when you are tripping on shrooms you dont know that you took shrooms, if u do have a bad trip just try to calm down and just remember that its just a trip and its gonna be over soon

the #1 thing to do while taking any psychedelics is have a sitter, get a friend that wants to try it aswell and take it one at a time and have the other person be sober and stay with you incase you freak out they are there to calm you down and assure you

annnnnnd start small, whatever drug you are taking just take a little i remember the first time me and a friend tried salvia we smoked an entire bowl of extract each and we both had really bad trips but the best way to stop that from happening is try a little and then if you liked that try a little more until you get to the point where you are satisfied with the feeling

to be honest i dont do a ton of psychedelics, shrooms, salvia, acid once in a blue moon but if you are gonna try other things make sure you find out some info about them and ALWAYS buy from some1 you can trust, the worst thing is getting something that is laced with a way worse drug and then you can get into some of the dangerous situations(i.e. pure ecstasy isnt all THAT dangerous the real dangers are when it is laced with other drugs)

if you are smart about it drugs can be a fine thing, you just need to know your own boundaries
Old 12-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #165
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

the best advice i can tell you is when ur taking it try not to be nervious expecially with shrooms nothing bad is going to happen even if you do get a bad trip thats all it is a trip its not like when you are tripping on shrooms you dont know that you took shrooms, if u do have a bad trip just try to calm down and just remember that its just a trip and its gonna be over soon

the #1 thing to do while taking any psychedelics is have a sitter, get a friend that wants to try it aswell and take it one at a time and have the other person be sober and stay with you incase you freak out they are there to calm you down and assure you

annnnnnd start small, whatever drug you are taking just take a little i remember the first time me and a friend tried salvia we smoked an entire bowl of extract each and we both had really bad trips but the best way to stop that from happening is try a little and then if you liked that try a little more until you get to the point where you are satisfied with the feeling

to be honest i dont do a ton of psychedelics, shrooms, salvia, acid once in a blue moon but if you are gonna try other things make sure you find out some info about them and ALWAYS buy from some1 you can trust, the worst thing is getting something that is laced with a way worse drug and then you can get into some of the dangerous situations(i.e. pure ecstasy isnt all THAT dangerous the real dangers are when it is laced with other drugs)

if you are smart about it drugs can be a fine thing, you just need to know your own boundaries
ThirdEyEwidEopEn
12-26-2006, 11:44 AM

"A psychedelic experience is a journey to new realms of consciousness. The scope and content of the experience is limitless, but its characteristic features are the transcendence of verbal concepts, of space-time dimensions, and of the ego or identity. Such experiences of enlarged consciousness can occur in a variety of ways: sensory deprivation, yoga exercises, disciplined meditation, religious or aesthetic ecstasies, or spontaneously. Most recently they have become available to anyone through the ingestion of psychedelic drugs such as LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, DMT, etc. Of course, the drug does not produce the transcendent experience. It merely acts as a chemical key — it opens the mind, frees the nervous system of its ordinary patterns and structures."

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities — the political, the religious, the educational authorities — who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing — forming in our minds — their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself."

"Drugs are the religion of the 21st century."

"Your only as young as the last time you changed your mind."
Old 12-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #166
Banned.

"A psychedelic experience is a journey to new realms of consciousness. The scope and content of the experience is limitless, but its characteristic features are the transcendence of verbal concepts, of space-time dimensions, and of the ego or identity. Such experiences of enlarged consciousness can occur in a variety of ways: sensory deprivation, yoga exercises, disciplined meditation, religious or aesthetic ecstasies, or spontaneously. Most recently they have become available to anyone through the ingestion of psychedelic drugs such as LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, DMT, etc. Of course, the drug does not produce the transcendent experience. It merely acts as a chemical key — it opens the mind, frees the nervous system of its ordinary patterns and structures."

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities — the political, the religious, the educational authorities — who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing — forming in our minds — their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself."

"Drugs are the religion of the 21st century."

"Your only as young as the last time you changed your mind."
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
12-26-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I quit smoking after being on a trip when I was younger by digging mentally within my own mind and somehow re-arrange my mental wiring (which may sound like a weak path to take but, I never would've been able to quit or wasn't ever able to beforehand). Unfortunately, I started again about 2yrs later but it truly can work wonders if one uses it correctly and with good intentions.
Due to a breakthrough during an Ayahuasca/DMT dream I stopped getting drunk. I almost never drink now and never to intoxication. It's just dumb, you know? Just kinda makes you more ignorant than you already may be.

And while kinda stoned about a year ago I decided to cease smoking cigarettes after a pack-a-day for ten years. Haven't smoked a single one since then, 16 months ago. I doubt I'll start back. No inclination.

Psychedelics are as useful as you let them be. Or make them be.

Last edited by BlanketEffect; 12-26-2006 at 02:43 PM..
Old 12-26-2006, 02:35 PM   #167
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I quit smoking after being on a trip when I was younger by digging mentally within my own mind and somehow re-arrange my mental wiring (which may sound like a weak path to take but, I never would've been able to quit or wasn't ever able to beforehand). Unfortunately, I started again about 2yrs later but it truly can work wonders if one uses it correctly and with good intentions.
Due to a breakthrough during an Ayahuasca/DMT dream I stopped getting drunk. I almost never drink now and never to intoxication. It's just dumb, you know? Just kinda makes you more ignorant than you already may be.

And while kinda stoned about a year ago I decided to cease smoking cigarettes after a pack-a-day for ten years. Haven't smoked a single one since then, 16 months ago. I doubt I'll start back. No inclination.

Psychedelics are as useful as you let them be. Or make them be.

Last edited by BlanketEffect; 12-26-2006 at 02:43 PM..
ThirdEyEwidEopEn
12-27-2006, 11:27 AM

"And while kinda stoned about a year ago I decided to cease smoking cigarettes after a pack-a-day for ten years. Haven't smoked a single one since then, 16 months ago. I doubt I'll start back. No inclination."

Damn musta been some uber sticky nugs...Jan 1st is coming ive made a quitting resolution. Makes me think of that 1 joke. "It is hard to quit smoking. Every one of them looks pretty good to me right now. Every cigarette looks like it was made by God, rolled by Jesus and moistened shut with Claudia Schiffer's pussy right now." As for alcohol your exactly right its ritarded last time I drank, I was prolly 14 lots of vodka, bad bad experience. SO yea havent ever really drank much of anything theirs way more fun shit out there than some fucking alcohol. The american media fuggin pumps that shit so hard, think of all the god damn beer commercials you see everyday if your a tv watcher, I try to limit myself but ive seen it. They want you fat, stupid, and drunk. ALcohol kills people everyday too, but yet weed is still illegal their fucking on crack, weed doesnt harm anyone, why is it not legal tell me? Bill said well you know why I think weed is illegal...cause anyone can fucking grow that shit and that would lead to profit... they wouldnt want that now would we. "They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well … you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference." "The war on drugs to me is absolutely phoney; it's so obviously phoney, okay? It's a war against our civil rights, that's all it is. They're using it to make us afraid to go out at night, afraid of each other, so that we lock ourselves in our homes and they get to suspend our rights one by one."

Last edited by ThirdEyEwidEopEn; 12-27-2006 at 12:44 PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #168
Banned.

"And while kinda stoned about a year ago I decided to cease smoking cigarettes after a pack-a-day for ten years. Haven't smoked a single one since then, 16 months ago. I doubt I'll start back. No inclination."

Damn musta been some uber sticky nugs...Jan 1st is coming ive made a quitting resolution. Makes me think of that 1 joke. "It is hard to quit smoking. Every one of them looks pretty good to me right now. Every cigarette looks like it was made by God, rolled by Jesus and moistened shut with Claudia Schiffer's pussy right now." As for alcohol your exactly right its ritarded last time I drank, I was prolly 14 lots of vodka, bad bad experience. SO yea havent ever really drank much of anything theirs way more fun shit out there than some fucking alcohol. The american media fuggin pumps that shit so hard, think of all the god damn beer commercials you see everyday if your a tv watcher, I try to limit myself but ive seen it. They want you fat, stupid, and drunk. ALcohol kills people everyday too, but yet weed is still illegal their fucking on crack, weed doesnt harm anyone, why is it not legal tell me? Bill said well you know why I think weed is illegal...cause anyone can fucking grow that shit and that would lead to profit... they wouldnt want that now would we. "They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well … you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference." "The war on drugs to me is absolutely phoney; it's so obviously phoney, okay? It's a war against our civil rights, that's all it is. They're using it to make us afraid to go out at night, afraid of each other, so that we lock ourselves in our homes and they get to suspend our rights one by one."

Last edited by ThirdEyEwidEopEn; 12-27-2006 at 12:44 PM..
ThirdEyEwidEopEn
12-27-2006, 08:56 PM

Heres a review of learys, change your brain I found quite awesome. Have any of you read huxleys book the doors of percepetion? Heres that review

This is valuable information, not from a guru or merely eccentric mind, no, but from a former Harvard University psychologist who subjectively and objectively and systematically tested, experimented and clinically proved that LSD and other psychedelics and their subsequent human reactions, mind interpretations and experiential conscious observations were both beneficial and related to outside the limited human mind or chessboards of values and ideas. Of course the government's are threatened by any and all such ideas that venture outside their limited schematical ideas and systems used for social structure, control and submissive subjection and therefore administer intensely unjust persecution.

But to write this information off as arbitrary and valueless is the common human response to change and growth as a human evolutionary species, a rejection that has been practiced since the beginning of time. Therefore those enlightened by such spiritual, rational/non-rational perceptive illuminations have remained relatively unspoken for many thousands of years and have paradoxically been the progenitors of all religious teachings and many political ideologies.

From chapter 8: "To use our heads, to push out beyond words, space-time categories, social identifications, models and concepts, it becomes necessary to go out of our generally rational minds. . .

Our present mental machinery cannot possibly handle the whirling, speed-of-light, trackless processes of our brain, our organ of consciousness itself. . .

We cannot study the brain, the instrument for fabricating the realities we inhabit, using the mental constructs of the past. . . "

And from Chapter 9:
"From the standpoint of established values, the psychedelic process is dangerous and insane - a deliberate pscyhotization, a suicidal undoing of the equilibrium man should be striving for. With its internal, invisible, indescribable phenomena, the psychedelic experience is incomprehensible to a rational, achievement-oriented, conformist philosophy. but to one ready to experience the exponential view of the universe, psychedelic experience is exquisitely effective preparation for the inundation of data and problems to come."

What impressed me about Leary's information is that of mental imprinting - which only occurs during infancy and/or early childhood, the period of stasis - which is basically our entire lives, and the idea of reimprinting, or breaking on through the imprinted frozen or previously impressed mind - which can occur through psychedelics.

Apparently, there is a short time period as an infant only for many species, or both infant and early childhood for humans, which then ends shortly, permanently imprinting the humans social and cultural frame of mind through linguistics for the remainder of their lives. Experiments with birds and the immediate introduction towards a human, or even a ping pong ball, causes the bird to search for this parental ideal the remainder of their lives. As humans we are subject to the attempt to the ideals that were first exposed to us in early childhood, attempting to get as close to that model for the remainder of our lives, anotherwards we all take a still snapshot on reality, forever freezing our interpretation on what otherwise is a moving transient reality.

With psychedelics, there is an opening again as in infancy and early childhood where a person can perceive the moving essence of reality outside our snapshot of imprinted mindset, our still schematic, and see the moving, multifacted reality in its many different levels, through more than one of the chakras, where one then reimprints their minds with new perceptions of reality and refocuses on previous chessboard structures, thus re-entry into society with much broader and wider perceptive capabilities with significant healing properties that are extremely beneficial.

This book is truly ahead of it's time, and of course, rejected as non-conforming to traditional paradigms and therefore considered a major threat to the comfort zones of our societal and cultural games that we take too seriously as a one and only level of reality.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #169
Banned.

Heres a review of learys, change your brain I found quite awesome. Have any of you read huxleys book the doors of percepetion? Heres that review

This is valuable information, not from a guru or merely eccentric mind, no, but from a former Harvard University psychologist who subjectively and objectively and systematically tested, experimented and clinically proved that LSD and other psychedelics and their subsequent human reactions, mind interpretations and experiential conscious observations were both beneficial and related to outside the limited human mind or chessboards of values and ideas. Of course the government's are threatened by any and all such ideas that venture outside their limited schematical ideas and systems used for social structure, control and submissive subjection and therefore administer intensely unjust persecution.

But to write this information off as arbitrary and valueless is the common human response to change and growth as a human evolutionary species, a rejection that has been practiced since the beginning of time. Therefore those enlightened by such spiritual, rational/non-rational perceptive illuminations have remained relatively unspoken for many thousands of years and have paradoxically been the progenitors of all religious teachings and many political ideologies.

From chapter 8: "To use our heads, to push out beyond words, space-time categories, social identifications, models and concepts, it becomes necessary to go out of our generally rational minds. . .

Our present mental machinery cannot possibly handle the whirling, speed-of-light, trackless processes of our brain, our organ of consciousness itself. . .

We cannot study the brain, the instrument for fabricating the realities we inhabit, using the mental constructs of the past. . . "

And from Chapter 9:
"From the standpoint of established values, the psychedelic process is dangerous and insane - a deliberate pscyhotization, a suicidal undoing of the equilibrium man should be striving for. With its internal, invisible, indescribable phenomena, the psychedelic experience is incomprehensible to a rational, achievement-oriented, conformist philosophy. but to one ready to experience the exponential view of the universe, psychedelic experience is exquisitely effective preparation for the inundation of data and problems to come."

What impressed me about Leary's information is that of mental imprinting - which only occurs during infancy and/or early childhood, the period of stasis - which is basically our entire lives, and the idea of reimprinting, or breaking on through the imprinted frozen or previously impressed mind - which can occur through psychedelics.

Apparently, there is a short time period as an infant only for many species, or both infant and early childhood for humans, which then ends shortly, permanently imprinting the humans social and cultural frame of mind through linguistics for the remainder of their lives. Experiments with birds and the immediate introduction towards a human, or even a ping pong ball, causes the bird to search for this parental ideal the remainder of their lives. As humans we are subject to the attempt to the ideals that were first exposed to us in early childhood, attempting to get as close to that model for the remainder of our lives, anotherwards we all take a still snapshot on reality, forever freezing our interpretation on what otherwise is a moving transient reality.

With psychedelics, there is an opening again as in infancy and early childhood where a person can perceive the moving essence of reality outside our snapshot of imprinted mindset, our still schematic, and see the moving, multifacted reality in its many different levels, through more than one of the chakras, where one then reimprints their minds with new perceptions of reality and refocuses on previous chessboard structures, thus re-entry into society with much broader and wider perceptive capabilities with significant healing properties that are extremely beneficial.

This book is truly ahead of it's time, and of course, rejected as non-conforming to traditional paradigms and therefore considered a major threat to the comfort zones of our societal and cultural games that we take too seriously as a one and only level of reality.
Toolicious1
07-30-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Not everyone can handle drugs, no matter how much they research them, no matter how many times they evaluate why they are doing them.
Agreed!!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #170
Banned.

Quote:
Not everyone can handle drugs, no matter how much they research them, no matter how many times they evaluate why they are doing them.
Agreed!!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply