Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
KJM
04-02-2006, 10:20 AM

You might want to look at your sentence again.

It's still not nearly as funny as saying something is "rediculous" without being able to spell "ridiculous". Similar to the brain-children who spell genius, "genious".

Now we're way off-track.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #121
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Bincount™: 48
Re: Tidbits from the Guitar World Adam Jones interview...

It's still not nearly as funny as saying something is "rediculous" without being able to spell "ridiculous". Similar to the brain-children who spell genius, "genious".

Now we're way off-track.
04-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Why? I said tablature. I've been saying tablature the whole time. No one until the last page said "Guitar world tab is actually standard notation that just looks like tab".

That's not tablature. That's standard notation made to be read by people who can't read music.

I'm going to say a prayer for you. This thread is about Guitar World.

Some things go without saying, yet.....we said it anyway.

Wow!

Last edited by kidgloves2; 04-02-2006 at 10:28 AM..
Old 04-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #122
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Why? I said tablature. I've been saying tablature the whole time. No one until the last page said "Guitar world tab is actually standard notation that just looks like tab".

That's not tablature. That's standard notation made to be read by people who can't read music.

I'm going to say a prayer for you. This thread is about Guitar World.

Some things go without saying, yet.....we said it anyway.

Wow!

Last edited by kidgloves2; 04-02-2006 at 10:28 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Spoon's Avatar Spoon
04-02-2006, 10:26 AM

This KJM guy is hillarious
Old 04-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #123
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

This KJM guy is hillarious
Dick Savage's Avatar Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

Hey, you should really try getting down to semantics hahaha. I didn't know you followed the Clinton/OJ defense strategy so closely.

I could just as easily say where is there an absolute definition of tabs that backs up your claim? Guitar World posts "tabs" for various songs. Their form of tablature combines what is classicaly understood (especially of the internet) as tabs with sheet music. But, they don't say "tabs and sheet music." They call the entire thing the "tablature" for the song. So, in effect, "tablature" can contain music notation as in Guitar World's definition of tablature. I think Guitar World is a more credible source for knowing what tablature is than you or internet fuck faces.

(I don't actually believe this. I'm just being an asshole/defense attorney.)
Old 04-02-2006, 10:27 AM   #124
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

Hey, you should really try getting down to semantics hahaha. I didn't know you followed the Clinton/OJ defense strategy so closely.

I could just as easily say where is there an absolute definition of tabs that backs up your claim? Guitar World posts "tabs" for various songs. Their form of tablature combines what is classicaly understood (especially of the internet) as tabs with sheet music. But, they don't say "tabs and sheet music." They call the entire thing the "tablature" for the song. So, in effect, "tablature" can contain music notation as in Guitar World's definition of tablature. I think Guitar World is a more credible source for knowing what tablature is than you or internet fuck faces.

(I don't actually believe this. I'm just being an asshole/defense attorney.)
Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

You've just proven that you have no knowledge of the subject at hand yet continue to argue something that makes no sense at all.

Do you see why?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #125
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

You've just proven that you have no knowledge of the subject at hand yet continue to argue something that makes no sense at all.

Do you see why?
04-02-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

Now we're way off-track.
I wasn't talking about your sentence in the first place...
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #126
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

Now we're way off-track.
I wasn't talking about your sentence in the first place...
KJM
04-02-2006, 10:31 AM

You guys can say whatever you want. When you look for tablature online, it looks nothing like (what I assume) guitar world's does.

Why would I assume guitar world has some special NOTATION hybrid of tab--which isn't tab, just something made to look like tab? I think your assumptions are just as absurd as you think mine are.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #127
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

You guys can say whatever you want. When you look for tablature online, it looks nothing like (what I assume) guitar world's does.

Why would I assume guitar world has some special NOTATION hybrid of tab--which isn't tab, just something made to look like tab? I think your assumptions are just as absurd as you think mine are.
04-02-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

You just admitted you had no idea what the fuck you were talking about in the first place....which is what I said right off the bat...
Old 04-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #128
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

You just admitted you had no idea what the fuck you were talking about in the first place....which is what I said right off the bat...
KJM
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM

How so? It's not tablature. It's musical notation made to look like tab. All I've said is that you can play a song without hearing it using tablature. Since we're not talking about tablature how am I wrong?

I admit my bad for not being familiar with guitar world, but the same rule still applies since that is not standard tab.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #129
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

How so? It's not tablature. It's musical notation made to look like tab. All I've said is that you can play a song without hearing it using tablature. Since we're not talking about tablature how am I wrong?

I admit my bad for not being familiar with guitar world, but the same rule still applies since that is not standard tab.
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

THAT'S WHAT A FUCKING TAB IS.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #130
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

THAT'S WHAT A FUCKING TAB IS.
KJM
04-02-2006, 10:38 AM

Like I said, actual tab, the majority of stuff you'll find, isn't like that. It's not standard tab. It's notation.

Many of you will die at your keyboards. You're way too intense.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #131
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Like I said, actual tab, the majority of stuff you'll find, isn't like that. It's not standard tab. It's notation.

04-02-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

THERE'S NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT GUITAR WORLD

Last edited by Code of the Streets; 04-02-2006 at 10:50 AM..
Old 04-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #132
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

THERE'S NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT GUITAR WORLD

Last edited by Code of the Streets; 04-02-2006 at 10:50 AM..
Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Like I said, actual tab, the majority of stuff you'll find, isn't like that.
Oh really? Go to your local music store. Now. Go. I will send you $50 if you find one example of this.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #133
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Like I said, actual tab, the majority of stuff you'll find, isn't like that.
Oh really? Go to your local music store. Now. Go. I will send you $50 if you find one example of this.
04-02-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

Repeat destruction of your argument:

Old 04-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #134
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

KJM

My dick is bigger than your.

Go search online for tabs. You're right, guitar world isn't special.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #135
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
You're way too intense.
I kill people like you for breakfast.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #136
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
You're way too intense.
I kill people like you for breakfast.
KJM
04-02-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Savage

They can call it whatever they want. That's cool. When the majority doesn't look like that, I can say there's a standard and that that isn't it.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #137
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Quote:

They can call it whatever they want. That's cool. When the majority doesn't look like that, I can say there's a standard and that that isn't it.

Seriously, fucking take this bullshit to another thread, this is about the discussion of the Adam Jones interview, can't one topic on here just stay on topic?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #138
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Seriously, fucking take this bullshit to another thread, this is about the discussion of the Adam Jones interview, can't one topic on here just stay on topic?
Code of the Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

Bottom line:

We are arguin semantics. BUT, here's where you lose:

GUITARISTS refer to TAB as having the notation above it. You don't play guitar, yet continue to act like you know what the fuck you are talking about.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #139
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

Bottom line:

GUITARISTS refer to TAB as having the notation above it. You don't play guitar, yet continue to act like you know what the fuck you are talking about.
KJM
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM

I actually don't care if it ends. As long as people respond and try to insult me--I'll continue posting.

I do understand how stupid this looks on all parts. I just don't feel shame on the internet.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #140
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

I actually don't care if it ends. As long as people respond and try to insult me--I'll continue posting.

I do understand how stupid this looks on all parts. I just don't feel shame on the internet.
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of the Streets
Bottom line:

prove it? oh you can't. my bad. this whole "you don't play guitar thing" is really funny.

if you're talking about music books, it's tab and musical notation. That's not a package deal. It's not just "tablature". It's a music book, hence the musical notation with tab for those who can't read it.

Last edited by KJM; 04-02-2006 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #141
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of the Streets
Bottom line:

prove it? oh you can't. my bad. this whole "you don't play guitar thing" is really funny.

if you're talking about music books, it's tab and musical notation. That's not a package deal. It's not just "tablature". It's a music book, hence the musical notation with tab for those who can't read it.

Last edited by KJM; 04-02-2006 at 10:44 AM..
Havokb8's Avatar Havokb8
04-02-2006, 10:45 AM

I read the whole last page and i could swear there is nothing about Adam Jones in guitar world.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #142
On Probation

Bincount™: 14

I read the whole last page and i could swear there is nothing about Adam Jones in guitar world.
04-02-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Trust the majority not the experts. Great philosophy.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #143
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Trust the majority not the experts. Great philosophy.
KJM
04-02-2006, 10:48 AM

Fair enough (not the post above as majority = standard, tablature experts lol). I'm done. Everyone that wants to keep slamming the thread with shit after I stop, go for it.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #144
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Fair enough (not the post above as majority = standard, tablature experts lol). I'm done. Everyone that wants to keep slamming the thread with shit after I stop, go for it.
04-02-2006, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokb8
cry me a fucking river
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #145
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokb8
cry me a fucking river
04-02-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
majority = standard
another great (great meaning fucked) philosophy.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #146
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
majority = standard
another great (great meaning fucked) philosophy.
Nebel
04-02-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
cry me a fucking river
Bitch bitch bitch, you have no right to bitch at people who's bitching for the fact that YOU derailed this topic, so go ahead continue discussing, people have a right to bitch about you the more you derail this thread.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #147
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
cry me a fucking river
Bitch bitch bitch, you have no right to bitch at people who's bitching for the fact that YOU derailed this topic, so go ahead continue discussing, people have a right to bitch about you the more you derail this thread.
04-02-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
yea, it was me specifically...you might want to work on reading comprehension before moving into message boards.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #148
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
yea, it was me specifically...you might want to work on reading comprehension before moving into message boards.
Spoon's Avatar Spoon
04-02-2006, 11:13 AM

The GW with Jones on the cover comes out on April 11 - buy it then.

There, now bin.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #149
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

There, now bin.
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM

actually, the first notation ever made was more akin to tablature than it was to modern notation.

thought i'd let you arguing dickfaces know. and can we stop the argument now? we all realize that standard internet-purveyed tablature is not a good way of learning music without first knowing the song, but official tablature is basically just as valid as notation, often moreso for guitarists because it can give vital info on not only what the notes are, but what position to play them in, where to do bends, slides, hammers, etc.

so please stop arguing.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #150
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

actually, the first notation ever made was more akin to tablature than it was to modern notation.

thought i'd let you arguing dickfaces know. and can we stop the argument now? we all realize that standard internet-purveyed tablature is not a good way of learning music without first knowing the song, but official tablature is basically just as valid as notation, often moreso for guitarists because it can give vital info on not only what the notes are, but what position to play them in, where to do bends, slides, hammers, etc.

so please stop arguing.
04-02-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

wow, your still arguing even though you been proven wrong the entire time. It makes me wonder how many other people like thinking they are right even though they are really wrong.

Where the fuck is the audio tab at? I wanna hear this shit.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #151
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM

wow, your still arguing even though you been proven wrong the entire time. It makes me wonder how many other people like thinking they are right even though they are really wrong.

Where the fuck is the audio tab at? I wanna hear this shit.
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
04-02-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon

There, now bin.
Well said.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:14 PM   #152
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon

There, now bin.
Well said.
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM

you win the big prize
Old 04-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #153
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

you win the big prize
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM

well that sucks
Old 04-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #154
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 16122

well that sucks
04-02-2006, 12:39 PM

How about ya' eat a fortune cookie, shove the little fortune bearing strip of paper up your ass, stick in your mouth, chew on it for a while, break down the letters into some alphanumerical mathmatical equation symbolizing a guitar tablature and play that shit.

STFU ALREADY!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #155
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

How about ya' eat a fortune cookie, shove the little fortune bearing strip of paper up your ass, stick in your mouth, chew on it for a while, break down the letters into some alphanumerical mathmatical equation symbolizing a guitar tablature and play that shit.

STFU ALREADY!!!
04-02-2006, 12:39 PM

What's up with "Those Shoes?"
Old 04-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #156
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

STA's Avatar STA
04-02-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
Yes, this remains unclear to me, as well.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #157
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
Vianney's Avatar Vianney
04-02-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
Apparently he's talking about an Eagles song "Those Shoes". it has nothing to do with the new album.

- G.K Chesterton

http://www.myspace.com/andrewsthilaire
Old 04-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #158
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
Apparently he's talking about an Eagles song "Those Shoes". it has nothing to do with the new album.

- G.K Chesterton

http://www.myspace.com/andrewsthilaire
STA's Avatar STA
04-02-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianney
I've had a rough night, and I hate the fucking Eagles, man!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #159
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianney
I've had a rough night, and I hate the fucking Eagles, man!
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM

to scan his balls?
Old 04-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #160
Banned.

Bincount™: 932

to scan his balls?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply