Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
dissonance19
03-13-2006, 07:22 PM

you guys who want info, you might as well PM him at totalrock.com forum. I'm sure he'll get it quicker than he would having em posted here.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17
Re: Tracklist / Andy King Review

you guys who want info, you might as well PM him at totalrock.com forum. I'm sure he'll get it quicker than he would having em posted here.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
03-13-2006, 07:47 PM

now i look like a total jackass for pming him and emailing him about that Dead Soul Tribe shit...

damnit
Old 03-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #42
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

now i look like a total jackass for pming him and emailing him about that Dead Soul Tribe shit...

damnit
03-14-2006, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningsky
So then do we think that "the pot" is gonna be the single? Andy said that it's "the one" and blair said the crap about "p or v." WOuld you guys consider schism to be the most accessible song on lateralus?
In terms of radio, I do think Schism was the most "accessible." Schism just seemed to really stand out among everything else that was out.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:43 AM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningsky
So then do we think that "the pot" is gonna be the single? Andy said that it's "the one" and blair said the crap about "p or v." WOuld you guys consider schism to be the most accessible song on lateralus?
In terms of radio, I do think Schism was the most "accessible." Schism just seemed to really stand out among everything else that was out.
03-21-2006, 09:16 PM

who does Andy King write for? im just wondering because if he wrote a review for lateralus i would like to compare his words from that album with the new album to kinda get a feel what the new album sounds like...anyone?
Old 03-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Andy King Question

who does Andy King write for? im just wondering because if he wrote a review for lateralus i would like to compare his words from that album with the new album to kinda get a feel what the new album sounds like...anyone?
Ryan's Avatar Ryan
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM

Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #45
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996
Re: Andy King Question

04-11-2006, 08:31 PM

I re-read the Andy King review in the light of new information (track names and times) and things seem to fit together very well.
For example,

Track 6 “Lipan Conjuring” (1min)
In which Maynard becomes a Native American for no good reason. Strange, but we like a bit of strangeness.

Track 7 “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)”/ “Rosetta Stoned” (14min 45sec)
(Could be two medium length tracks and a terribly short one, too. I’m now losing the will to live with the stopwatch. It’s 14min 45sec of music, whatever) Guitars to the fore again. One long note with almost blues-like, overlaid note progressions. f@!# me, it’s House Of The Rising Sun cut with Ketamine. There are unsettling whispers and talking. Is this a bad trip or a psychiatry session? Come to think of it, is there a difference?

Track 11 “Viginti Tres”
The walk out track (their description not mine). Oddness. The Noodles of Satan.

etc. etc.

http://www.fourtheye.net/?page_id=204

He mentions The Pot as a very commercial track, so perhaps that will be the second single?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Andy King review revisited

I re-read the Andy King review in the light of new information (track names and times) and things seem to fit together very well.
For example,

Track 6 “Lipan Conjuring” (1min)
In which Maynard becomes a Native American for no good reason. Strange, but we like a bit of strangeness.

Track 7 “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)”/ “Rosetta Stoned” (14min 45sec)
(Could be two medium length tracks and a terribly short one, too. I’m now losing the will to live with the stopwatch. It’s 14min 45sec of music, whatever) Guitars to the fore again. One long note with almost blues-like, overlaid note progressions. f@!# me, it’s House Of The Rising Sun cut with Ketamine. There are unsettling whispers and talking. Is this a bad trip or a psychiatry session? Come to think of it, is there a difference?

Track 11 “Viginti Tres”
The walk out track (their description not mine). Oddness. The Noodles of Satan.

etc. etc.

http://www.fourtheye.net/?page_id=204

He mentions The Pot as a very commercial track, so perhaps that will be the second single?
psims23
04-11-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwaters987
Ya.... well....... 10,000 days is fake. So you don't even need to discusss it. Or question the track names existance. Cuz they are all gonna change on the 13th. So just hold tight for 1 more day little buddy. You can do it.

Your level on Toolnavy doesn't suite you
Old 04-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13
Re: Andy King review revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwaters987
Ya.... well....... 10,000 days is fake. So you don't even need to discusss it. Or question the track names existance. Cuz they are all gonna change on the 13th. So just hold tight for 1 more day little buddy. You can do it.

Your level on Toolnavy doesn't suite you
Natalie Portman's Avatar Natalie Portman
04-11-2006, 10:22 PM

It was still nice to read that again... I haven't read it in a while. Fuck that interview gets me excited.

::masturbates furiously::

ok, I'm off to bed now.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34
Re: Andy King review revisited

It was still nice to read that again... I haven't read it in a while. Fuck that interview gets me excited.

::masturbates furiously::

ok, I'm off to bed now.
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
04-12-2006, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTooLAndY
Thanks for that Fourth Part Of A Circle (even though you DID insert some spelling errors!). HOPEFULLY people will now (after the clever Colonel Pants LIPAN research) start to believe that I WAS at both the London playbacks, that my review WAS totally genuine, that I DIDN'T make up all the 'I-got-my-ass-shafted-by-the-cnuting-record-company' stuff and that I AM a genuine, Tool-loving fan/journalist!

I'm not that bothered if people don't believe that but I can tell you it's taken me a good few days to get over a rather horrible bitter taste in my mouth over that whole affair left in my orifice (oral that is).

I'm sure the band weren't involved and that it was either the record company - who clearly forgot to make a UK embargo - the Dutch record company story would tend to back that one up - or management.

It'll be VERY INTERESTING to see if I get any of the following (which I ALWAYS have in the past) in or before June: a) Copy of the Album b) Tickets to all UK gigs and c) An interview with the band. I'm sure you'll be as interested as I. I shall keep the Tool community informed.

Finally, I'm thinking of editing (out the music of) the 2001 interview I had with the band pre-Milton Keynes Bowl and posting it for people to listen to. Would you be interested in that? Perhaps you'd let me know... you can e-mail me at [email protected]

The good news is... after a period of deep upset and resentment - I can now listen to the band again, love them and, as always, proclaim them as the Finest Band In The World... Ever!

so how about you help put an end to all of the speculation. Tracklisting and title, fake or not? Not saying I'd trust you completely, but you are the closest thing to "official" that we have, with the exception of the website of course. I guess its more, having two official sources say its true. I'm sure many would appreciate it.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:13 AM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTooLAndY
Thanks for that Fourth Part Of A Circle (even though you DID insert some spelling errors!). HOPEFULLY people will now (after the clever Colonel Pants LIPAN research) start to believe that I WAS at both the London playbacks, that my review WAS totally genuine, that I DIDN'T make up all the 'I-got-my-ass-shafted-by-the-cnuting-record-company' stuff and that I AM a genuine, Tool-loving fan/journalist!

I'm not that bothered if people don't believe that but I can tell you it's taken me a good few days to get over a rather horrible bitter taste in my mouth over that whole affair left in my orifice (oral that is).

I'm sure the band weren't involved and that it was either the record company - who clearly forgot to make a UK embargo - the Dutch record company story would tend to back that one up - or management.

It'll be VERY INTERESTING to see if I get any of the following (which I ALWAYS have in the past) in or before June: a) Copy of the Album b) Tickets to all UK gigs and c) An interview with the band. I'm sure you'll be as interested as I. I shall keep the Tool community informed.

Finally, I'm thinking of editing (out the music of) the 2001 interview I had with the band pre-Milton Keynes Bowl and posting it for people to listen to. Would you be interested in that? Perhaps you'd let me know... you can e-mail me at [email protected]

The good news is... after a period of deep upset and resentment - I can now listen to the band again, love them and, as always, proclaim them as the Finest Band In The World... Ever!

so how about you help put an end to all of the speculation. Tracklisting and title, fake or not? Not saying I'd trust you completely, but you are the closest thing to "official" that we have, with the exception of the website of course. I guess its more, having two official sources say its true. I'm sure many would appreciate it.
04-12-2006, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
He wouldn't know the track list and title because he wasn't told, he knows what we know except he has heard it.

2 and a bit weeks, let it go.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:18 AM   #50
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
He wouldn't know the track list and title because he wasn't told, he knows what we know except he has heard it.

2 and a bit weeks, let it go.
costabear's Avatar costabear
04-12-2006, 07:18 AM

Thanks for the work man...great read.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #51
On Probation

Bincount™: 8

Thanks for the work man...great read.
the white's Avatar the white
04-12-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrunzset
Of course they could have released Disposition to the Easy Listening stations. LOL

In all seriousness, Disposition is one of my favorites... frickin' beautiful.

i agree disposition is so amazing, someting i cant really explain in too much detail but it just sets my mind at ease..

i am starting to go a little stir crazy.....

Last edited by the white; 04-12-2006 at 10:31 AM..
Old 04-12-2006, 10:20 AM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrunzset
Of course they could have released Disposition to the Easy Listening stations. LOL

In all seriousness, Disposition is one of my favorites... frickin' beautiful.

i agree disposition is so amazing, someting i cant really explain in too much detail but it just sets my mind at ease..

i am starting to go a little stir crazy.....

Last edited by the white; 04-12-2006 at 10:31 AM..
Vaginal Replicator
04-12-2006, 04:37 PM

Very good thread, the song titles match the songs as well. Did you see how in Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman) he says that there is very eary whispering and feels like crazy shits going. Coincidence.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #53
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Very good thread, the song titles match the songs as well. Did you see how in Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman) he says that there is very eary whispering and feels like crazy shits going. Coincidence.
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
04-15-2006, 03:08 PM

so do we think he heard the album in the right order? because if so it seems like "THE POT" will kick ass. I love what Kabir said about The Pot also.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #54
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

so do we think he heard the album in the right order? because if so it seems like "THE POT" will kick ass. I love what Kabir said about The Pot also.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply