Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
Kimsan
10-19-2008, 12:12 PM

What symbolism lies behind the eye of xaxaar? Same as the flaming eye, but with an upgraded design? Maybe Alex Grey is the only one with an answer too that, but it's sure as hell one good piece of art.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Eye of xaxaar?

What symbolism lies behind the eye of xaxaar? Same as the flaming eye, but with an upgraded design? Maybe Alex Grey is the only one with an answer too that, but it's sure as hell one good piece of art.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
10-20-2008, 02:47 AM

I have thought they are about the same thing, just to fit 10k theme.

Last edited by 0.618; 10-20-2008 at 02:50 AM..
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 AM   #2

Bincount™: 391
Re: Eye of xaxaar?

I have thought they are about the same thing, just to fit 10k theme.

Last edited by 0.618; 10-20-2008 at 02:50 AM..
10-24-2008, 12:42 PM

actually, by reading the fluxerpretation, it makes more sense. The eye of xaxaar is uncaring and cold. Suits the 10kd.

Almost like the eyes would be the total opposite of each other.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #3

actually, by reading the fluxerpretation, it makes more sense. The eye of xaxaar is uncaring and cold. Suits the 10kd.

Almost like the eyes would be the total opposite of each other.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimsan View Post
There isn't any, just a different design.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
There isn't any, just a different design.
10-24-2008, 12:59 PM

yeah Alex Grey and his art truly seems like something with no symbolic references at all.

you are funny :)
Old 10-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #5

yeah Alex Grey and his art truly seems like something with no symbolic references at all.

10-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.618 View Post

You're a fucking moron. Did I once say that his artwork has no symbolic references? No. All I'm saying is the difference between the two eyes as shown in the pictures has no symbolic meaning to it. You sure don't listen very well do you?
Old 10-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.618 View Post

You're a fucking moron. Did I once say that his artwork has no symbolic references? No. All I'm saying is the difference between the two eyes as shown in the pictures has no symbolic meaning to it. You sure don't listen very well do you?
10-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Oh i thought you answered the TWO questions in logical order, in a format of

first answer, second answer

Though I still think you are funny, not in an evil way, do not take it seriously. It is just the way you answer; so straight and there is this nice bit of hostility mixed too. There is something honest in this straight-forward way of answering.

Last edited by 0.618; 10-24-2008 at 03:24 PM..
Old 10-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #7

Oh i thought you answered the TWO questions in logical order, in a format of

first answer, second answer

Though I still think you are funny, not in an evil way, do not take it seriously. It is just the way you answer; so straight and there is this nice bit of hostility mixed too. There is something honest in this straight-forward way of answering.

Last edited by 0.618; 10-24-2008 at 03:24 PM..
Lateralareallofus's Avatar Lateralareallofus
10-25-2008, 02:42 PM

they eyes definately seem apathetic and somewhat robotic/mechanical. Its like they are just watching, not judging. They are hostile, so impersonal.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

they eyes definately seem apathetic and somewhat robotic/mechanical. Its like they are just watching, not judging. They are hostile, so impersonal.
Apachana's Avatar Apachana
10-28-2008, 03:57 AM

The soul is the window to your eyeballs.
Guess it's better to have an uncaring cold eye, than twitchy paranoia eyes.
"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? - like some hand of god hovering above... At least it is true, that man has no control even over his own will."
Old 10-28-2008, 03:57 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1759

The soul is the window to your eyeballs.
Guess it's better to have an uncaring cold eye, than twitchy paranoia eyes.
"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? - like some hand of god hovering above... At least it is true, that man has no control even over his own will."
Kody27
11-02-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by das poolboy View Post
inner spewlogy likes a little cum in his eye, with a dash of guilt and just a touch of aids.
hahahaaa. This is only funny because it's true.

Quote:
The flaming eye represents consciousness, hence an eye appearing on anything is like coinciding consciousness with that thing. For example, the eye on the hand represents compassion and empathy. However, the eye of XAXAAR is a far different eye, although it still represents some form of consciousness. I am the fool, therefore I cannot attribute what exactly XAXAAR is, but in my shallow experience with the occult, it represents an entity guarding the abyss. Look up the Lustmord album "The Monstrous Soul", there you'll find a similar theme running through the names of the songs. The first being IXAXAAR. Then later, the Daathian doorway. Daath in the tree of life represents the abyss between the first three sephiroth and the rest of the spheres. Which means there's a large nothingness behind and between your knowledge and your understanding of that knowledge. Someone more learned in the arts might want to correct me so please feel free to, but I haven't seen one person on here talking about the real meaning behind XAXAAR.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by das poolboy View Post
inner spewlogy likes a little cum in his eye, with a dash of guilt and just a touch of aids.

Quote:
The flaming eye represents consciousness, hence an eye appearing on anything is like coinciding consciousness with that thing. For example, the eye on the hand represents compassion and empathy. However, the eye of XAXAAR is a far different eye, although it still represents some form of consciousness. I am the fool, therefore I cannot attribute what exactly XAXAAR is, but in my shallow experience with the occult, it represents an entity guarding the abyss. Look up the Lustmord album "The Monstrous Soul", there you'll find a similar theme running through the names of the songs. The first being IXAXAAR. Then later, the Daathian doorway. Daath in the tree of life represents the abyss between the first three sephiroth and the rest of the spheres. Which means there's a large nothingness behind and between your knowledge and your understanding of that knowledge. Someone more learned in the arts might want to correct me so please feel free to, but I haven't seen one person on here talking about the real meaning behind XAXAAR.
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
11-09-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post

well, sounds good to me :)
i also think, it's the non-judging eye. not hostile, not caring, no hate, no compassion. just plain "be-ing". whaddaya think?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #11

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post

well, sounds good to me :)
i also think, it's the non-judging eye. not hostile, not caring, no hate, no compassion. just plain "be-ing". whaddaya think?
11-14-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
The Eye of Xaxaar could symbolize ego perception that divides and cuts in two, as indicated by the ‘blades’ emanating from it. The eye is also half closed as if expressing contempt.

The iris has a divided image within it, yet in its reflection is a bright light joining the two images.

Maybe the Light is about to transform the dividing Eye of Xaxaar into the illuminating Flaming Eye that sees ALL IS ONE.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
The Eye of Xaxaar could symbolize ego perception that divides and cuts in two, as indicated by the ‘blades’ emanating from it. The eye is also half closed as if expressing contempt.

The iris has a divided image within it, yet in its reflection is a bright light joining the two images.

Maybe the Light is about to transform the dividing Eye of Xaxaar into the illuminating Flaming Eye that sees ALL IS ONE.
Stenrose's Avatar Stenrose
12-13-2008, 03:52 AM

I don't think the eye seems hostile or contemptfull in anyway. Where do you get that from?

The way I see it the half closed eye lid makes the gaze more hypnotic and apathetic. Like it's observing me through a haze of half-slumber.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:52 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 260

I don't think the eye seems hostile or contemptfull in anyway. Where do you get that from?

The way I see it the half closed eye lid makes the gaze more hypnotic and apathetic. Like it's observing me through a haze of half-slumber.
RiseToYourHalo's Avatar RiseToYourHalo
01-18-2009, 04:39 PM

The ‘blade’ eyelids are pulled tight around the eye, which is a characteristic of the facial expression of contempt.

I see the Eye of Xaxaar as a symbol of the dividing, ego perspective of the eye staring at the TV in Vicarious. The ego is hostile and contemptuous. Indeed, it is also apathetic, hypnotized and in a haze.

I have a concert t-shirt (a $10 parking lot deal) with two Eyes of Xaxaar and the iris is red and orange so it looks like the eyes are glowing. I wore it to a friend’s party one night and some drunk guy came up to me and accused my breasts of giving him the 'evil eyes'.

It’s all a matter of perspective and what we’re projecting. The Xaxaar Eyes on the cover art can be perceived on one or two faces.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

The ‘blade’ eyelids are pulled tight around the eye, which is a characteristic of the facial expression of contempt.

I see the Eye of Xaxaar as a symbol of the dividing, ego perspective of the eye staring at the TV in Vicarious. The ego is hostile and contemptuous. Indeed, it is also apathetic, hypnotized and in a haze.

I have a concert t-shirt (a $10 parking lot deal) with two Eyes of Xaxaar and the iris is red and orange so it looks like the eyes are glowing. I wore it to a friend’s party one night and some drunk guy came up to me and accused my breasts of giving him the 'evil eyes'.

It’s all a matter of perspective and what we’re projecting. The Xaxaar Eyes on the cover art can be perceived on one or two faces.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM

Isn't this "eye of Xaxaar" only just a face-detail on the Net of Being? No more, no less?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #15
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Isn't this "eye of Xaxaar" only just a face-detail on the Net of Being? No more, no less?
01-23-2009, 04:13 PM

The painting is empty.
What I see in it is what I give to it.
No more.
No less.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

The painting is empty.
What I see in it is what I give to it.
No more.
No less.
01-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Yes. The painting can't exist independently.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yes. The painting can't exist independently.
01-24-2009, 09:31 AM

I thought about that koan way too much.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

I thought about that koan way too much.
01-27-2009, 07:20 PM

Just a momentary Myself here, playing the game of ‘Fill In the Empty Lines of a TDN Reply Screen.’ If the scent of bullshit or potpourri arises while reading any of the insubstantial thoughts I post, please be assured it is fleeting and impermanent...
Old 01-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

Just a momentary Myself here, playing the game of ‘Fill In the Empty Lines of a TDN Reply Screen.’ If the scent of bullshit or potpourri arises while reading any of the insubstantial thoughts I post, please be assured it is fleeting and impermanent...
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
01-28-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gift View Post
Zen is what we see, I believe. When I start seeing what I want, not full of bullshit, it will be my Zen.
as dr.cox would might respond: "look jenny, you aren't anywhere even NEAR to a sign that says "only 1000 miles from here", and to put it into a language that they might actually understand in this cold, dark and ugly place in which you are, obviously, currently standing: you are utterly and completly, without any doubt, oh, for the love of GOD, just SO terribly WRONG!"

zen is nothing...

Last edited by sicbanana; 01-28-2009 at 03:05 AM..
Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Zen is what we see, I believe. When I start seeing what I want, not full of bullshit, it will be my Zen.
as dr.cox would might respond: "look jenny, you aren't anywhere even NEAR to a sign that says "only 1000 miles from here", and to put it into a language that they might actually understand in this cold, dark and ugly place in which you are, obviously, currently standing: you are utterly and completly, without any doubt, oh, for the love of GOD, just SO terribly WRONG!"

zen is nothing...

Last edited by sicbanana; 01-28-2009 at 03:05 AM..
01-29-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Zen is something... I think Zen is my thoughts, my inner thoughts, the place where I see myself. That's what I believe...
It's your Inner Eulogy
Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 AM   #21
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Zen is something... I think Zen is my thoughts, my inner thoughts, the place where I see myself. That's what I believe...
It's your Inner Eulogy
01-29-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
no, really... zen IS nothing...emptyness...
the "usability" of something is defined by its empytness.. like the wheel, which would not operate without the hole where you put the axis in... or the glass that gets it usablility through its emptyness which enables you to pour something in it. or a chair...

zens' root is in the universal emptyness.
when you project something that you "believe" in it, you just project you ego into something that is empy, which is wrong because you are also empty, therefore theres nothing to project in the first place. but when you realize, and truly expirience the emtyness in you (but not in a nihilistic way !!), and in everything else (just like a mirror), you realize that everything is ultimately one...

that's how i interpret zen...
but in the end it's just living...only living...:)
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #22

Quote:
the "usability" of something is defined by its empytness.. like the wheel, which would not operate without the hole where you put the axis in... or the glass that gets it usablility through its emptyness which enables you to pour something in it. or a chair...

when you project something that you "believe" in it, you just project you ego into something that is empy, which is wrong because you are also empty, therefore theres nothing to project in the first place. but when you realize, and truly expirience the emtyness in you (but not in a nihilistic way !!), and in everything else (just like a mirror), you realize that everything is ultimately one...

01-29-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicbanana View Post

Um, in case you didn't catch up to the 21st century....wheels do not require holes to operate.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #23
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Um, in case you didn't catch up to the 21st century....wheels do not require holes to operate.
01-30-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
okok, i totally get what you mean... but, the questions is: what's the purpose of a wheel that just, well, rolls somewhere? ;)
you "somehow" have to get something out of the spin-momentum...you know what i mean?
and in the end i just meant that symbolically, because everything that spins does that around a "dead"/still/empty(?) central point, doesn't it?

Last edited by sicbanana; 01-30-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 01-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #24

Quote:
okok, i totally get what you mean... but, the questions is: what's the purpose of a wheel that just, well, rolls somewhere? ;)
you "somehow" have to get something out of the spin-momentum...you know what i mean?
and in the end i just meant that symbolically, because everything that spins does that around a "dead"/still/empty(?) central point, doesn't it?

Last edited by sicbanana; 01-30-2009 at 07:06 AM..
01-30-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I was only givin' you a hard time man..lol, no need to explain yourself
Old 01-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #25
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I was only givin' you a hard time man..lol, no need to explain yourself
01-31-2009, 01:32 PM

Zen is nothing and also something.

It’s the practice of perceiving emptiness... That is until a reverse illumination of the Mind (an inner Big Crunch) impels perceiver and perceived back to the zero of all possibilities.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:32 PM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Zen is nothing and also something.

It’s the practice of perceiving emptiness... That is until a reverse illumination of the Mind (an inner Big Crunch) impels perceiver and perceived back to the zero of all possibilities.
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
01-31-2009, 05:15 PM

zen is a great song.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #27
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

zen is a great song.
Hodge
01-31-2009, 05:43 PM

everything zen Bush lol
Old 01-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

everything zen Bush lol
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
01-31-2009, 06:08 PM

ya, that. i got that on tape somewheres. great song. i love bush. not to be confused with hairy vagina.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #29
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

ya, that. i got that on tape somewheres. great song. i love bush. not to be confused with hairy vagina.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
everything zen Bush lol
Bush?

Bush?

Or Bush?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
everything zen Bush lol
Bush?

Bush?

Or Bush?
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
You link whore
Old 02-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
You link whore
02-01-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You link whore
;P
Old 02-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #32
Jedi Master

Quote:
You link whore
;P
04-07-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The eyes are different. One is on a face the other is just floating. Maybe it is the seeing-subject being seen by the object, if they were to ever meet up. The Eye of xaxaar seems wise and powerful and the flaming eye seems like a helper of some sort to me. Then again maybe not, I'm agnostic.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #33
Banned.

Bincount™: 108

Quote:
The eyes are different. One is on a face the other is just floating. Maybe it is the seeing-subject being seen by the object, if they were to ever meet up. The Eye of xaxaar seems wise and powerful and the flaming eye seems like a helper of some sort to me. Then again maybe not, I'm agnostic.
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
01-28-2011, 09:55 AM

I though i would throw up my knowledge on this subject, "The abyss of knowledge", all knowledge is illusory and subject to the context of which it is being observed. in essence Lying isn't evil if it saves someones life, stealing isn't evil if your are starving and hungry, Killing isn't evil again if it is saving someone life, THE eye isn't uncaring, its "non judging", for judgments and conditions result in suffering, again back to the abyss Knowledge is an abyss because all phenomenon are inherently empty, In other words they don't exist from there own side as self sufficient, they all relies on the interdependence of other phenomenon, AND THE OBSERVATION of that phenomenon,
its the eye of the observer that make the assertions of the object it is seeing. But on the higher consciousness the eyes sees the truth of the inherent voidness of assertions

One mans trash is another mans treasure.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

I though i would throw up my knowledge on this subject, "The abyss of knowledge", all knowledge is illusory and subject to the context of which it is being observed. in essence Lying isn't evil if it saves someones life, stealing isn't evil if your are starving and hungry, Killing isn't evil again if it is saving someone life, THE eye isn't uncaring, its "non judging", for judgments and conditions result in suffering, again back to the abyss Knowledge is an abyss because all phenomenon are inherently empty, In other words they don't exist from there own side as self sufficient, they all relies on the interdependence of other phenomenon, AND THE OBSERVATION of that phenomenon,
its the eye of the observer that make the assertions of the object it is seeing. But on the higher consciousness the eyes sees the truth of the inherent voidness of assertions

One mans trash is another mans treasure.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
08-20-2011, 02:19 PM

This eye is Representative of the Hexecontalithos of the Choronzonic current.

Chronzon is an occult name of Entropy and the guardian of the abyss of knowledge.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #35
Level 8 - Vociferous

This eye is Representative of the Hexecontalithos of the Choronzonic current.

Chronzon is an occult name of Entropy and the guardian of the abyss of knowledge.
fan of Elohim
09-21-2011, 01:22 PM

Hmmm... Could the eye of xaxaar represent some sorta...somniferous almond eyes? Dont even know what that means...
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

Hmmm... Could the eye of xaxaar represent some sorta...somniferous almond eyes? Dont even know what that means...
MoppeT
05-24-2017, 12:48 AM

Some recent information about this?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:48 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Some recent information about this?
blasphemous_heretic
06-11-2017, 04:47 PM