Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
vedrimir
07-22-2009, 07:57 AM

I wonder if Danny uses any triggers/samples for his drum sound. I read an interview where he said he never used triggers live, not even for kick, cause hes happy with the sound of his bass drums. However, i was wondering if "never used triggers LIVE" implies he might have used triggers for his studio sound. For those who dont know what im talking about, gotta say it has become quite casual for rock/metal bands to have an engineer replace the original kick sound with a recorded sample (from a different drum or from a program), and often the snare hits get mixed with sampled sounds from a program so the more piercing, trenchant yet "natural" sound is created.

So i was wondering if Danny's drums have any such processing applied to them... Take note im not asking for electronic sounds from his padset; im refering to "standard" acoustic sounds from kick and snare primarily (cause these usually get triggered, sampled, replaced, etc...).

Last edited by vedrimir; 07-22-2009 at 08:08 AM..
Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Any samples, triggers on Danny's drums on 10k days?

I wonder if Danny uses any triggers/samples for his drum sound. I read an interview where he said he never used triggers live, not even for kick, cause hes happy with the sound of his bass drums. However, i was wondering if "never used triggers LIVE" implies he might have used triggers for his studio sound. For those who dont know what im talking about, gotta say it has become quite casual for rock/metal bands to have an engineer replace the original kick sound with a recorded sample (from a different drum or from a program), and often the snare hits get mixed with sampled sounds from a program so the more piercing, trenchant yet "natural" sound is created.

So i was wondering if Danny's drums have any such processing applied to them... Take note im not asking for electronic sounds from his padset; im refering to "standard" acoustic sounds from kick and snare primarily (cause these usually get triggered, sampled, replaced, etc...).

Last edited by vedrimir; 07-22-2009 at 08:08 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
inSin's Avatar inSin
07-22-2009, 06:20 PM

i've read that he does use triggers live. towards the end of the solo in Right In Two.. makes it sound like he has four arms.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: Any samples, triggers on Danny's drums?

i've read that he does use triggers live. towards the end of the solo in Right In Two.. makes it sound like he has four arms.
vedrimir
07-27-2009, 04:17 AM

could be, i looked up, that interview was from latelarus era. so perhaps he uses it for the effect in RIT.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: Any samples, triggers on Danny's drums?

could be, i looked up, that interview was from latelarus era. so perhaps he uses it for the effect in RIT.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply