Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
03-16-2009, 12:47 PM

Also;

Kody27
This message is hidden because Kody27 is on your ignore list.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #121
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480
Re: Newsletter Secret.

Also;

Kody27
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
03-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
Also;

Kody27
gonna makes me some fried chicken and viddy Murdoch Mysteries

o & Oscar's doing fine, resurrected
Old 03-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #122
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Quote:
Also;

Kody27
gonna makes me some fried chicken and viddy Murdoch Mysteries

o & Oscar's doing fine, resurrected
03-16-2009, 01:25 PM

The troll had gathered allies of the same breed, and together they found that trolls weren't as unintelligent creatures as some might say.
"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? - like some hand of god hovering above... At least it is true, that man has no control even over his own will."
Old 03-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #123
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1759

The troll had gathered allies of the same breed, and together they found that trolls weren't as unintelligent creatures as some might say.
"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? - like some hand of god hovering above... At least it is true, that man has no control even over his own will."
Apachana's Avatar Apachana
03-16-2009, 01:26 PM

Our hero kody was hard pressed by then.

Cliffhanger
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #124
Level 7 - Loquacious

Our hero kody was hard pressed by then.

Cliffhanger
Kody27
03-16-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
No offense Noose, I've not got any problems with you, but to say because one does not over analyze something as diminutive as a band's newsletter they have no purpose is ridiculous. Rivek has mentioned several times that he is in a band, he has a life outside of these forums and he doesn't contort his life around mad ramblings of an occult-retard. Kody is the one here who has no purpose. He spits forth idiocy and insults to whoever replies to his "discussion". If one does not capitalize on the opportunity to call him out as a fool, well, they simply have yet to find their purpose. And when the time comes that you reply to Kody with a series of trolling messages, you will have found your purpose.

From the bottom of my heart, best of luck buddy.
HAhahaha, oh excuse the fuck out of me, Rivek's in a band and that means he doesn't care about Tool anymore, so 5 minutes ago. I guess since riveks' not shaking his dick at me you're shaking it for him. Guess what? Everyone is in a band fucktard. I'm in a band, but since when does that determine if you're life is better than someone elses? I've accomplished more shit than you or Rivek combined in half of my lifetime. I've played with BB King on stage on his 80th birthday, scuba dove in caves over half the world, studied classical music and recording industry at the second best recording school in the nation, don't believe me? I don't give a fuck, the point is none of these things determine anything that you could speculate about my life. You want pictures then see them at myspace.com/kodylovell while you're there listen to my songs and let me know what you think.

And what you call an "occult retard" is probably more intelligent than you onehundred fold, how does it feel to be overshadowed by a retard? Blairs knowledge of the occult most likely supersedes your knowledge of basic science, and I'm not even close to exaggerating. He's been writing on the subject for 20 years and obviously he does make it worth while to research and think about Tool's music and anything they put out, including newsletters.
When you can quit compensating for your lack of understanding on the subject, then maybe, just maybe you can find your purpose someday, I doubt it though.

Peace-
Old 03-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #125
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
No offense Noose, I've not got any problems with you, but to say because one does not over analyze something as diminutive as a band's newsletter they have no purpose is ridiculous. Rivek has mentioned several times that he is in a band, he has a life outside of these forums and he doesn't contort his life around mad ramblings of an occult-retard. Kody is the one here who has no purpose. He spits forth idiocy and insults to whoever replies to his "discussion". If one does not capitalize on the opportunity to call him out as a fool, well, they simply have yet to find their purpose. And when the time comes that you reply to Kody with a series of trolling messages, you will have found your purpose.

HAhahaha, oh excuse the fuck out of me, Rivek's in a band and that means he doesn't care about Tool anymore, so 5 minutes ago. I guess since riveks' not shaking his dick at me you're shaking it for him. Guess what? Everyone is in a band fucktard. I'm in a band, but since when does that determine if you're life is better than someone elses? I've accomplished more shit than you or Rivek combined in half of my lifetime. I've played with BB King on stage on his 80th birthday, scuba dove in caves over half the world, studied classical music and recording industry at the second best recording school in the nation, don't believe me? I don't give a fuck, the point is none of these things determine anything that you could speculate about my life. You want pictures then see them at myspace.com/kodylovell while you're there listen to my songs and let me know what you think.

And what you call an "occult retard" is probably more intelligent than you onehundred fold, how does it feel to be overshadowed by a retard? Blairs knowledge of the occult most likely supersedes your knowledge of basic science, and I'm not even close to exaggerating. He's been writing on the subject for 20 years and obviously he does make it worth while to research and think about Tool's music and anything they put out, including newsletters.
When you can quit compensating for your lack of understanding on the subject, then maybe, just maybe you can find your purpose someday, I doubt it though.

Peace-
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
03-16-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post

Peace-
"Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted."

Also, you don't know shit about neither me or Rivek to comment on our accomplishments. (Besides, I'm only 18--I'd assume someone such as yourself would have accomplished more, otherwise you'd have lived a worthless life.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #126
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

Peace-
"Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted."

Also, you don't know shit about neither me or Rivek to comment on our accomplishments. (Besides, I'm only 18--I'd assume someone such as yourself would have accomplished more, otherwise you'd have lived a worthless life.
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM

Ah, never mind I've re-clicked and it worked this time.

I must say, I dig the songs you have done. Good job.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #127
Level 10 - Vehement

Kody27
03-16-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Thank you. I know, I have no idea what you and Rivek have accomplished, but it doesn't matter. You were waving the fact that rivek is in a band in my face like it mattered, the point is, just because Rivek is highly intelligent, which I know he is I've been arguing with him for awhile now, doesn't mean he knows everything and he certainly has no intuition considering the blind assumptions he's made about everything, including the following:

1.Nothing is in Blairs messages and/or nothing is going to happen in July.
(We'll see about that)

2.I don't own tablas (Like you can't get them for $200 of Amazon last christmas which is what I did)

3.Adam Jones paid to be included on the top metal guitarist list.
(....fail.)

Regardless, I appreciate your feedback, and I almost appreciate Rivek's ability to keep on chugging, hang on in there little guy~
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #128
On Probation

Quote:

Thank you. I know, I have no idea what you and Rivek have accomplished, but it doesn't matter. You were waving the fact that rivek is in a band in my face like it mattered, the point is, just because Rivek is highly intelligent, which I know he is I've been arguing with him for awhile now, doesn't mean he knows everything and he certainly has no intuition considering the blind assumptions he's made about everything, including the following:

1.Nothing is in Blairs messages and/or nothing is going to happen in July.
(We'll see about that)

2.I don't own tablas (Like you can't get them for $200 of Amazon last christmas which is what I did)

3.Adam Jones paid to be included on the top metal guitarist list.
(....fail.)

Regardless, I appreciate your feedback, and I almost appreciate Rivek's ability to keep on chugging, hang on in there little guy~
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
03-16-2009, 03:32 PM

To note: the comments I made about Rivek or my own accomplishments were in direct response to Noose's post where he stated; "The problem is you have not found purpose yet. This is simply becuase you're not good at anything and no one really likes you.".

That's simply blind fire with absolutely no supporting evidence and is blatantly stupid, so I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents and destroy his "argument". I was never contrasting your accomplishments with my own, until you took offense(or felt the need to reply) to my comment and boast about playing with BB King.

Despite other trolls not enjoying Tool, I still enjoy them--don't get me wrong. I still regularly circulate all of their albums and their songs frequent my playlists, but I do not feel the need to look at newsletters written in a cryptic tone, filled with a bunch of occult ramblings and hidden puzzles that generally coalesce into nothing. But would I say that Adam Jones is worthy of his spot on the top metal guitarists list? Probably not. Did he buy his way onto the list? That's definitely ludicrous as well. It's merely biased journalism, or an opinion piece and not pure fact (obviously a list of top anything cannot be so).

Lastly, what are you talking about tablas for?

Last edited by Yast3r; 03-16-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Old 03-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #129
Level 10 - Vehement

To note: the comments I made about Rivek or my own accomplishments were in direct response to Noose's post where he stated; "The problem is you have not found purpose yet. This is simply becuase you're not good at anything and no one really likes you.".

That's simply blind fire with absolutely no supporting evidence and is blatantly stupid, so I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents and destroy his "argument". I was never contrasting your accomplishments with my own, until you took offense(or felt the need to reply) to my comment and boast about playing with BB King.

Despite other trolls not enjoying Tool, I still enjoy them--don't get me wrong. I still regularly circulate all of their albums and their songs frequent my playlists, but I do not feel the need to look at newsletters written in a cryptic tone, filled with a bunch of occult ramblings and hidden puzzles that generally coalesce into nothing. But would I say that Adam Jones is worthy of his spot on the top metal guitarists list? Probably not. Did he buy his way onto the list? That's definitely ludicrous as well. It's merely biased journalism, or an opinion piece and not pure fact (obviously a list of top anything cannot be so).

Lastly, what are you talking about tablas for?

Last edited by Yast3r; 03-16-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Kody27
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Sorry I didn't mean to boast and compare accomplishments, I misunderstood the response you gave to Noose, I just get tired of people siding with Rivek over shit they have no idea about, i.e. the occult in this case. Just because you can't take anything of importance out of researching the occult doesn't mean it isn't there. The treasures and prizes that are hidden in Blairs writings are like all the other treasures in occult writing, they're not physical treasure but philosophical truths and exercises for the unused parts of your brain. THAT'S ALL, but some people can't seem to be patient enough to do a little research on the subjects at hand before they go blaspheming the entire field of study and lob it into "pseudo-spiritual-mystical-bullshit" (riveks favorite redneck saying).

The tabla thing started when rivek said the RIT solo cannot be played on real tablas. If you know anything about tablas you know that most tabla masters can out-do the RIT solo with a single hand (< zero exaggeration).
Old 03-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #130
On Probation

Sorry I didn't mean to boast and compare accomplishments, I misunderstood the response you gave to Noose, I just get tired of people siding with Rivek over shit they have no idea about, i.e. the occult in this case. Just because you can't take anything of importance out of researching the occult doesn't mean it isn't there. The treasures and prizes that are hidden in Blairs writings are like all the other treasures in occult writing, they're not physical treasure but philosophical truths and exercises for the unused parts of your brain. THAT'S ALL, but some people can't seem to be patient enough to do a little research on the subjects at hand before they go blaspheming the entire field of study and lob it into "pseudo-spiritual-mystical-bullshit" (riveks favorite redneck saying).

The tabla thing started when rivek said the RIT solo cannot be played on real tablas. If you know anything about tablas you know that most tabla masters can out-do the RIT solo with a single hand (< zero exaggeration).
03-16-2009, 04:46 PM

Our hero kody certainly managed to twist 'em tables, not to forget tablas, on his self-chosen antagonists.

But the climax had yet to be fullfilled - Our primary villain had still to make an effort.
What will happen?

Cliffhanger
Old 03-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #131
Level 7 - Loquacious

Our hero kody certainly managed to twist 'em tables, not to forget tablas, on his self-chosen antagonists.

But the climax had yet to be fullfilled - Our primary villain had still to make an effort.
What will happen?

Cliffhanger
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
And in closing, good music Kody. It's diggable.

In the future, try not to take this stuff so damn serious. It's the internet, man.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #132
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
And in closing, good music Kody. It's diggable.

In the future, try not to take this stuff so damn serious. It's the internet, man.
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
03-16-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Good thread ay? :D
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #133
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Kody27
03-16-2009, 10:45 PM

There's so much shit to reply and I'm higher than a bat's pussy. I could link you to threads where all you talk about is your accomplishments and how you came from nothing and worked your way to where you are now, you've waved your virtual dick around so much with no one having asked you either, and I was talking to yas3r about the occult knowledge/regular knowledge ratio business not you, none of that post was about you, maybe some of it was, the point is, I'm gonna fight you to the death, online, because I have to, not because you deserve it, because I'm the hero Gotham needs.
:::rides away on bat-bike:::
Old 03-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #134
On Probation

There's so much shit to reply and I'm higher than a bat's pussy. I could link you to threads where all you talk about is your accomplishments and how you came from nothing and worked your way to where you are now, you've waved your virtual dick around so much with no one having asked you either, and I was talking to yas3r about the occult knowledge/regular knowledge ratio business not you, none of that post was about you, maybe some of it was, the point is, I'm gonna fight you to the death, online, because I have to, not because you deserve it, because I'm the hero Gotham needs.
:::rides away on bat-bike:::
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
03-17-2009, 05:17 AM

Billy Goat Gruff by the Brothers Grimm. Trolls are magical creatures like unicorns and leprechauns. And pots of gold. So what!?

If you are calculating and weighing some mystery too closely, you have probably dropped the ball on your own myth.

Follow others' paths or create your own. Time is not super-sized.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 AM   #135
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Billy Goat Gruff by the Brothers Grimm. Trolls are magical creatures like unicorns and leprechauns. And pots of gold. So what!?

If you are calculating and weighing some mystery too closely, you have probably dropped the ball on your own myth.

Follow others' paths or create your own. Time is not super-sized.
03-17-2009, 06:19 AM

wtf I haveto settle for a small time fries. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-17-2009, 06:19 AM   #136
Level 7 - Loquacious

gonzo's Avatar gonzo
03-17-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachana View Post
nothing...

or, maybe just create our own
Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #137
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
nothing...

or, maybe just create our own
03-17-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Aenema11 View Post
i had fun while it lasted, now we just have to wait for another clue from blair so we can drive the mystery machine to a mansion to use their phone because our tire is flat but the mansion is haunted! and i would of got away with it to, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #138
On Probation

Quote:
i had fun while it lasted, now we just have to wait for another clue from blair so we can drive the mystery machine to a mansion to use their phone because our tire is flat but the mansion is haunted! and i would of got away with it to, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
03-17-2009, 02:41 PM

Don't forget about the inavoidable trolling of the next thread. that'll be fun too.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #139
Level 7 - Loquacious

Don't forget about the inavoidable trolling of the next thread. that'll be fun too.
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
03-17-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Lol @ baseless ad hominem

Actually I spend a good portion of my time working and being social. I do the toolnavy thing when I'm at home checking out new music or playing some games to relax. And this section of the forum takes up maybe 10% of my total time here.

Lol @ more baseless ad hominem

Lol @ you thinking I was presenting an argument. Lol @ you getting defensive by my "baseless ad hominum".
Old 03-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #140
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Lol @ baseless ad hominem

Actually I spend a good portion of my time working and being social. I do the toolnavy thing when I'm at home checking out new music or playing some games to relax. And this section of the forum takes up maybe 10% of my total time here.

Lol @ more baseless ad hominem

Lol @ you thinking I was presenting an argument. Lol @ you getting defensive by my "baseless ad hominum".
03-17-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:

Weather Kody is right or wrong about July is irrelevant. The point is that he is THINKING.

You guys (and myself as well for the most part) have gotten weary, and bored of Blair's run-on confusing style of writing. Frankly, I have other things to do than to interpret his cryptic writing... it would take way too long for a half wit like myself.

If he wants to interpret and discuss it with others... who the hell are you to tell him he's full of shit without really looking at it? The "over analyzing" argument no longer satisfies the incomprehension of the premise to begin with.

Looking at a Micky Mouse cartoon on acid and finding the secret of the universe may be considered over analyzing. But attempting to decipher a newsletter from this band that has many occult and enochian refrences... is... err.. a little different. I had nothing important to contribute to the conversation but was annoyed by the fact that I had to scroll through 2/3's of a page of bullshit to read anything worth while.

This is the fundamental polarity between many tool fans. Tool fans like myself, tend to suspect the unexpected, suspend the disbelief, and believe in possibility. Others are overcome with expectation and tend to allow this expectation to influence their opinion. Personally, I loved 10,000 days... mostly because I expected the unexpected and made a conscious effort to not pin any prejudgment on what I think Tool should sound like, or what I might see/hear in new material.

I find it ironic that, while rivek is attempting to throw around logical words with no premise to begin with, that both of you initially countered Kody's argument with the exact same fallacy. Weather this was instigated in another thread is irrelevant.

"Replying to his discussion" is not quite the same as calling Kody a dumb fuck for presenting a thought. And I'm not necessarily trolling... I'm just so sick of people with no grounds of reason being so rudely dismissive. Especially by people who have nothing better to do than to look for an E-argument. Seriously... what happened to the days you would just beat yer wife up a bit? You know that if you put a phone book over their head and hit them, it doesn't leave a bruise?

It would be nice to have a blocking system that eventually phases out real trolls that do nothing but make it inconvenient for someone trying to have a civil discussion about anything. Seriously, grow the fuck up people.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #141
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

Weather Kody is right or wrong about July is irrelevant. The point is that he is THINKING.

You guys (and myself as well for the most part) have gotten weary, and bored of Blair's run-on confusing style of writing. Frankly, I have other things to do than to interpret his cryptic writing... it would take way too long for a half wit like myself.

If he wants to interpret and discuss it with others... who the hell are you to tell him he's full of shit without really looking at it? The "over analyzing" argument no longer satisfies the incomprehension of the premise to begin with.

Looking at a Micky Mouse cartoon on acid and finding the secret of the universe may be considered over analyzing. But attempting to decipher a newsletter from this band that has many occult and enochian refrences... is... err.. a little different. I had nothing important to contribute to the conversation but was annoyed by the fact that I had to scroll through 2/3's of a page of bullshit to read anything worth while.

This is the fundamental polarity between many tool fans. Tool fans like myself, tend to suspect the unexpected, suspend the disbelief, and believe in possibility. Others are overcome with expectation and tend to allow this expectation to influence their opinion. Personally, I loved 10,000 days... mostly because I expected the unexpected and made a conscious effort to not pin any prejudgment on what I think Tool should sound like, or what I might see/hear in new material.

I find it ironic that, while rivek is attempting to throw around logical words with no premise to begin with, that both of you initially countered Kody's argument with the exact same fallacy. Weather this was instigated in another thread is irrelevant.

"Replying to his discussion" is not quite the same as calling Kody a dumb fuck for presenting a thought. And I'm not necessarily trolling... I'm just so sick of people with no grounds of reason being so rudely dismissive. Especially by people who have nothing better to do than to look for an E-argument. Seriously... what happened to the days you would just beat yer wife up a bit? You know that if you put a phone book over their head and hit them, it doesn't leave a bruise?

It would be nice to have a blocking system that eventually phases out real trolls that do nothing but make it inconvenient for someone trying to have a civil discussion about anything. Seriously, grow the fuck up people.
03-17-2009, 05:47 PM

^ what he said
Old 03-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #142
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20

^ what he said
03-17-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool25 View Post
^ what he said
You can call me the nanerpuss, nanerpuss!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #143
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool25 View Post
^ what he said
You can call me the nanerpuss, nanerpuss!
03-17-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I also enjoyed it. I must say it was the best fun I've had here this month.
-DXH
Old 03-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #144
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
I also enjoyed it. I must say it was the best fun I've had here this month.
-DXH
03-18-2009, 07:21 PM

If you lookat the wholeness of this thread... I find the lot of it important to me: the over-analyzing and the trolling and the confidants etc.
For the trolling gives the over-analyzer the fire to continue.
And the analyst gives the troll a cheap thrill of adrenalin.

And all in all it makes for a great story of opposition. Which is exactly what life is about.
Looking at life objectively - it is totally void of meaning without stories we spin together.
Now we could classify phenomena into higher and lower relevances based upon all sorts of criteria, like losers/winner or insight/stupidity. But from a phenomenologists view, it's all just information.
I don't care whether or not the information is about a little beetle crossing a patch of dirt - or of the greatest artist's future unveiled visions of art - all I care about is the fact of "will this be enjoyable for me to perceive"

I'm all about the storyline. And certainly this thread has been most enjoyable :D Imight even call it an artistic happening.
thanks dudes.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #145
Level 7 - Loquacious

If you lookat the wholeness of this thread... I find the lot of it important to me: the over-analyzing and the trolling and the confidants etc.

And all in all it makes for a great story of opposition. Which is exactly what life is about.
Looking at life objectively - it is totally void of meaning without stories we spin together.
Now we could classify phenomena into higher and lower relevances based upon all sorts of criteria, like losers/winner or insight/stupidity. But from a phenomenologists view, it's all just information.
I don't care whether or not the information is about a little beetle crossing a patch of dirt - or of the greatest artist's future unveiled visions of art - all I care about is the fact of "will this be enjoyable for me to perceive"

I'm all about the storyline. And certainly this thread has been most enjoyable :D Imight even call it an artistic happening.
thanks dudes.
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
03-19-2009, 05:55 AM

yeah, i like what i read up there, there ^

and yeah i was roaming around like a troll, i was looking for something too
Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 AM   #146
Level 12 - Scurrilous

yeah, i like what i read up there, there ^

and yeah i was roaming around like a troll, i was looking for something too
03-19-2009, 09:08 AM

Go home ya vultures, shows over!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #147
On Probation

Go home ya vultures, shows over!
03-19-2009, 09:59 AM

hey I liked your analyzis. I research symbolics often. pretty good actually.

check out pharmacratic-inquisition.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #148
Level 7 - Loquacious

03-19-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:

thanks dudes.
WOW! That was a pretty damn amazing post!
-DXH
Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #149
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:

thanks dudes.
-DXH
Kody27
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:

thanks, I read a little bit about it and it's pretty interesting, so does it all revolve around DMT (Ayahuasca) or any substance that produces an ecstatic state?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #150
On Probation

Quote:

thanks, I read a little bit about it and it's pretty interesting, so does it all revolve around DMT (Ayahuasca) or any substance that produces an ecstatic state?
jakesstuff_69's Avatar jakesstuff_69
03-19-2009, 08:30 PM

People read those newsletters still? Honestly, there's no reason to read any of it. You can just get the shit when actually comes out. Until then, you might as well find something better to do. Trust me, there are things better to do.

Also Kody, I just don't get it... 5 pages... I knew where this was going in ten posts. If people are ignoring you and flaming you left and right, is it really worth tossing something else out there for them to keep gnawing at.

I think this is why I don't drift into the Tool section, I was just curious why there's 40 user's on and nothings getting poasted, tried looking over here.... A mistake that waas.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #151
Ski Free

Bincount™: 1219

People read those newsletters still? Honestly, there's no reason to read any of it. You can just get the shit when actually comes out. Until then, you might as well find something better to do. Trust me, there are things better to do.

Also Kody, I just don't get it... 5 pages... I knew where this was going in ten posts. If people are ignoring you and flaming you left and right, is it really worth tossing something else out there for them to keep gnawing at.

I think this is why I don't drift into the Tool section, I was just curious why there's 40 user's on and nothings getting poasted, tried looking over here.... A mistake that waas.
03-20-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
thanks you're way too kind. kudoz back.

Quote:
I thinks its labeled astrotetheology. They look at old symbols and celestial beliefs combined with shamanic traditions, and try to prove it historically.
According to Jan Irvin - Jesus who is a symbol of mithra who then again is a symbol of the amanitas muscaria - so basicly catholic clergymen dress as their favorite anthropomorphized mushroom god.
The mushroom is the white bread that will make you see angels (messengers). The fly agaric is the solar deity in the microcosm. Or something like that :)
I also found Dmt-nexus.com - pretty cool forum for Dmt users.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 AM   #152
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
thanks you're way too kind. kudoz back.

Quote:
I thinks its labeled astrotetheology. They look at old symbols and celestial beliefs combined with shamanic traditions, and try to prove it historically.
According to Jan Irvin - Jesus who is a symbol of mithra who then again is a symbol of the amanitas muscaria - so basicly catholic clergymen dress as their favorite anthropomorphized mushroom god.
The mushroom is the white bread that will make you see angels (messengers). The fly agaric is the solar deity in the microcosm. Or something like that :)
I also found Dmt-nexus.com - pretty cool forum for Dmt users.
03-20-2009, 04:54 AM

I got one occult keys problem. Where do bands such as tool and isis get their occult information from. Even though Ive found sites such as gnostic-media.com and dmt-nexus. It seems as though these bands must have slightly better sources?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #153
Level 7 - Loquacious

I got one occult keys problem. Where do bands such as tool and isis get their occult information from. Even though Ive found sites such as gnostic-media.com and dmt-nexus. It seems as though these bands must have slightly better sources?
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
03-20-2009, 05:44 AM

These bands get to lick the sweat off of special frogs flown in by weird zoologists from Timbuktu, dudes.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #154
Level 12 - Scurrilous

These bands get to lick the sweat off of special frogs flown in by weird zoologists from Timbuktu, dudes.
03-20-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Danny's the one that is into the occult and has been for a long long time. He owns many books and even several original copies of Crowley's books among others.

FYI, he was into the occult long before the internet was even a theory.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #155
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Danny's the one that is into the occult and has been for a long long time. He owns many books and even several original copies of Crowley's books among others.

03-20-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

""The 'World-System' has resulted from a combination of several original discoveries made by the inventor in the course of long continued research and experimentation. It makes possible not only the instantaneous and precise wireless transmission of any kind of signals, messages or characters, to all parts of the world, but also the inter-connection of the existing telegraph, telephone, and other signal stations without any change in their present equipment. By its means, for instance, a telephone subscriber here may call up and talk to any other subscriber on the Globe. An inexpensive receiver, not bigger than a watch, will enable him to listen anywhere, on land or sea, to a speech delivered or music played in some other place, however distant. These examples are cited merely to give an idea of the possibilities of this great scientific advance, which annihilates distance and makes that perfect natural conductor, the Earth, available for all the innumerable purposes which human ingenuity has found for a line-wire. One far-reaching result of this is that any device capable of being operated thru one or more wires (at a distance obviously restricted) can likewise be actuated, without artificial conductors and with the same facility and accuracy, at distances to which there are no limits other than those imposed by the physical dimensions of the Globe. Thus, not only will entirely new fields for commercial exploitation be opened up by this ideal method of transmission but the old ones vastly extended. . . .""

Nikola Tesla wrote that in his autobiography in 1919, theorizing an "Internet" far before Danny Carey was even born.

It would help to actually know something about the occult before you go blabbering about it.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #156
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

""The 'World-System' has resulted from a combination of several original discoveries made by the inventor in the course of long continued research and experimentation. It makes possible not only the instantaneous and precise wireless transmission of any kind of signals, messages or characters, to all parts of the world, but also the inter-connection of the existing telegraph, telephone, and other signal stations without any change in their present equipment. By its means, for instance, a telephone subscriber here may call up and talk to any other subscriber on the Globe. An inexpensive receiver, not bigger than a watch, will enable him to listen anywhere, on land or sea, to a speech delivered or music played in some other place, however distant. These examples are cited merely to give an idea of the possibilities of this great scientific advance, which annihilates distance and makes that perfect natural conductor, the Earth, available for all the innumerable purposes which human ingenuity has found for a line-wire. One far-reaching result of this is that any device capable of being operated thru one or more wires (at a distance obviously restricted) can likewise be actuated, without artificial conductors and with the same facility and accuracy, at distances to which there are no limits other than those imposed by the physical dimensions of the Globe. Thus, not only will entirely new fields for commercial exploitation be opened up by this ideal method of transmission but the old ones vastly extended. . . .""

Nikola Tesla wrote that in his autobiography in 1919, theorizing an "Internet" far before Danny Carey was even born.

It would help to actually know something about the occult before you go blabbering about it.
Kody27
03-20-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post

Like I said, the lips of wisdom are closed except to the ears of understanding, it's not my fault you can't understand or comprehend anything past your immediate ADHD soaked brain functionality. If you look at Blair's newsletters and think "what a bunch of useless bull shit" then you've been filtered out already, so say something relevant or just shut up.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #157
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post

Like I said, the lips of wisdom are closed except to the ears of understanding, it's not my fault you can't understand or comprehend anything past your immediate ADHD soaked brain functionality. If you look at Blair's newsletters and think "what a bunch of useless bull shit" then you've been filtered out already, so say something relevant or just shut up.
Kody27
03-20-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Here's an exercise then.

1. Explain how any newsletter relating to Tool is relevant or useful to anyone outside of Tool's hardcore inner-circle-jerk.

Criteria:
a. Do not reverse yourself
b. Do not lie
c. Taking a "well if you don't get it then your [sic] not smart enough to LOL" position at any point will result in an immediate failure.

2. Come to terms with the fact that you cannot answer question 1 without breaking the criteria.
I assume by "Tool's hardcore inner circle-jerk" you mean everyone that comes here to talk about Tool, of course that wouldn't include you because you're WAY above that, what with the Interact section of Tool's fansite being your number one online concern and all.

Almost every newsletter contains so many numerous references to dozens of varied topics, you're really not going to make me list all the interesting topics Blair references are you?

I think you're missing the point with my philosophy on his newsletteres, let me straighten something out- IF you just take the time to simply Google some of the words and topics that you do not understand that are included in Blairs newsletters, then you will find an epic trail of information about things you've never heard of relating to the occult.

You don't have to be a Tool fan to appreciate knowledge.

Tell me that all the people interested in the following topics are only in Tool's "circle jerk":
time travel, egyptology, history, ufology, magick, astronomy, astrology, tarot, shamanism, metaphysics, ESP, sacred geometry, theology, etc. ALL included within the confines of Blairs cryptic letters I guarantee you.

Must I continue to provide adamant proof that EVEN if you have never even HEARD of TOOL, reading through and researching the newsletters will grant you a significant amount of knowledge in all of these areas plus some. It takes a pretty shallow mind to not see past the poetic prose of Blairs silver tongue and take something deeper from it. That sounds more like a personal problem to me. Happy Trails!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #158
On Probation

Quote:
Here's an exercise then.

1. Explain how any newsletter relating to Tool is relevant or useful to anyone outside of Tool's hardcore inner-circle-jerk.

Criteria:
a. Do not reverse yourself
b. Do not lie
c. Taking a "well if you don't get it then your [sic] not smart enough to LOL" position at any point will result in an immediate failure.

2. Come to terms with the fact that you cannot answer question 1 without breaking the criteria.
I assume by "Tool's hardcore inner circle-jerk" you mean everyone that comes here to talk about Tool, of course that wouldn't include you because you're WAY above that, what with the Interact section of Tool's fansite being your number one online concern and all.

Almost every newsletter contains so many numerous references to dozens of varied topics, you're really not going to make me list all the interesting topics Blair references are you?

I think you're missing the point with my philosophy on his newsletteres, let me straighten something out- IF you just take the time to simply Google some of the words and topics that you do not understand that are included in Blairs newsletters, then you will find an epic trail of information about things you've never heard of relating to the occult.

You don't have to be a Tool fan to appreciate knowledge.

Tell me that all the people interested in the following topics are only in Tool's "circle jerk":
time travel, egyptology, history, ufology, magick, astronomy, astrology, tarot, shamanism, metaphysics, ESP, sacred geometry, theology, etc. ALL included within the confines of Blairs cryptic letters I guarantee you.

Must I continue to provide adamant proof that EVEN if you have never even HEARD of TOOL, reading through and researching the newsletters will grant you a significant amount of knowledge in all of these areas plus some. It takes a pretty shallow mind to not see past the poetic prose of Blairs silver tongue and take something deeper from it. That sounds more like a personal problem to me. Happy Trails!
Kody27
03-21-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
And just for kicks, let's go down the list of things you claim one can learn about in these newsletters by wasting time tracking down the subject in the first place.

As a general rule, anyone interested in a subject that college degrees are offered in is generally going to already know something about it before reading a newsletter about a band.

Wow. Not one single useful subject. Imagine that.
And if you don't want a college degree in any of those subjects, like most people?

Then it refutes your entire "scientific" argument. Sorry.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #159
On Probation

Quote:
And just for kicks, let's go down the list of things you claim one can learn about in these newsletters by wasting time tracking down the subject in the first place.

As a general rule, anyone interested in a subject that college degrees are offered in is generally going to already know something about it before reading a newsletter about a band.

Wow. Not one single useful subject. Imagine that.
And if you don't want a college degree in any of those subjects, like most people?

Then it refutes your entire "scientific" argument. Sorry.
Kody27
03-21-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
You have completely missed the point of the assignment and failed to show how anything in the newsletters could be useful in everyday life.

You've got one more shot at this paper before you fail the class, mister.

Also, PROTIP: This forum is not a Tool fan site. The only reason Dan leaves all the Tool shit here is because it started as a forum for TDN proper and it is still linked to from there. If Kabir were to disown these forums tomorrow Dan would most likely delete all Tool-related bullshit altogether. Read the wiki and get a clue about where you're spending some of your internet time.
I don't think you actually read people's responses, you just wait your turn to reply. Do you even care about logic? Or is it more important that people think you've won an imaginary competition? I don't care about anything on this site, the interaction, or any other single thing besides tool related topics. It's pretty simply actually, you see, I don't care about useless irrelevant wastes of time chatting in forums about useless shit, it's a wonder I'm still chatting with you, you offer no constructive information relating to Tool, you're really just an annoying parasite that gets in the way of pure information. Since you can dismiss whole fields of study with one or two words, you must be a genius! Thank you for gracing us with your diving presence, now go play nice in the interact section while the adults talk about the occult.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #160
On Probation

Quote:
You have completely missed the point of the assignment and failed to show how anything in the newsletters could be useful in everyday life.

You've got one more shot at this paper before you fail the class, mister.

Also, PROTIP: This forum is not a Tool fan site. The only reason Dan leaves all the Tool shit here is because it started as a forum for TDN proper and it is still linked to from there. If Kabir were to disown these forums tomorrow Dan would most likely delete all Tool-related bullshit altogether. Read the wiki and get a clue about where you're spending some of your internet time.
I don't think you actually read people's responses, you just wait your turn to reply. Do you even care about logic? Or is it more important that people think you've won an imaginary competition? I don't care about anything on this site, the interaction, or any other single thing besides tool related topics. It's pretty simply actually, you see, I don't care about useless irrelevant wastes of time chatting in forums about useless shit, it's a wonder I'm still chatting with you, you offer no constructive information relating to Tool, you're really just an annoying parasite that gets in the way of pure information. Since you can dismiss whole fields of study with one or two words, you must be a genius! Thank you for gracing us with your diving presence, now go play nice in the interact section while the adults talk about the occult.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply