stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
we got: flood!!
wings pt1
wings pt2
lateralus ( with melt banana drum/guitar solo)
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-20-2007 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/19 - Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

jambi
stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
wings pt1
wings pt2
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-20-2007 at 06:58 PM..
OFFLINE |  
smokestacklightnin77's Avatar smokestacklightnin77
06-19-2007, 09:01 PM

as far as i was able to disseminate---same setlist as Evansville (plz correct me if i am wrong):

jambi
stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
wings pt1
wings pt2
vicarious

thanks thanks thanks thanks much appreciated

man---lots of dudes and chicks with tool shirts--guess they didn't get the memo....that's ok...that's the most packed i have seen that venue.

hope u all had a GREAT fukin time

out
Old 06-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/19 - Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

as far as i was able to disseminate---same setlist as Evansville (plz correct me if i am wrong):

jambi
stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
wings pt1
wings pt2
vicarious

thanks thanks thanks thanks much appreciated

man---lots of dudes and chicks with tool shirts--guess they didn't get the memo....that's ok...that's the most packed i have seen that venue.

hope u all had a GREAT fukin time

out
OFFLINE |  
seeingblue
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended w/ melt-banana)
Vicarious

Sweet, sweet show. Maynard was pretty talkative, though from where I was I couldn't make out what he said. After the first song, he muttered "Iowa" a couple times. A few songs later, he said a bunch of stuff...I think I made out Iowa and Ohio. Then right before the "viiiiiicariously IIIIII" section he yelled, "Come on Iowa!" and held out the mike. He was really grooving tonight, dancing to the music. The only parts he didn't sing were the aforementioned vicarious part, then a small part near the end of Wings 2. Other than that, he nailed everything.

The crowd was as douchebaggy as usual. Tons of dumbasses kept throwing crap on the stage - mainly shoes - and I kept thinking it'd hit one of the guys and Maynard would stop singing. Alas it did not; I lucked out this time. I was in the upper level and couldn't believe the amount of people SITTING at a fucking TOOL CONCERT. Unbelievable. And to the stupid bitch next to me who spent the whole time talking or texting, fuck you and good night.

Lateralus stole the show, incredible drum solos with Danny and the dude from Melt-banana, that was a lot of fun. Vicarious is a great closer too.

Thanks for coming back to Iowa, guys. Great night.

Last edited by seeingblue; 06-19-2007 at 09:22 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended w/ melt-banana)
Vicarious

Sweet, sweet show. Maynard was pretty talkative, though from where I was I couldn't make out what he said. After the first song, he muttered "Iowa" a couple times. A few songs later, he said a bunch of stuff...I think I made out Iowa and Ohio. Then right before the "viiiiiicariously IIIIII" section he yelled, "Come on Iowa!" and held out the mike. He was really grooving tonight, dancing to the music. The only parts he didn't sing were the aforementioned vicarious part, then a small part near the end of Wings 2. Other than that, he nailed everything.

The crowd was as douchebaggy as usual. Tons of dumbasses kept throwing crap on the stage - mainly shoes - and I kept thinking it'd hit one of the guys and Maynard would stop singing. Alas it did not; I lucked out this time. I was in the upper level and couldn't believe the amount of people SITTING at a fucking TOOL CONCERT. Unbelievable. And to the stupid bitch next to me who spent the whole time talking or texting, fuck you and good night.

Lateralus stole the show, incredible drum solos with Danny and the dude from Melt-banana, that was a lot of fun. Vicarious is a great closer too.

Thanks for coming back to Iowa, guys. Great night.

Last edited by seeingblue; 06-19-2007 at 09:22 PM..
OFFLINE |  
chefjennkcc
06-19-2007, 09:14 PM

6th show.... Third this tour....

wHAT AN AWESOME NIGHT!!!
FLOOD~!~~~~~~~~~
It was so great. I am so pissed at all the childish assholes who keep showing up to TOOL concerts and throwing shit. They all should be shot.

At the end, tho.. the guys just stood there for a little bit longer than usual and soaked in the crowd. We were really going nuts. It was all so awesome it was surreal.

Maynard was VERY talkative.. Said IOWA with kind of a slang over and over. I couldn't hear from where I was on the floor, so if anyone knows what he said, please post.

I am on my way to Peoria tomorrow, and Shaumburg next week.
Maybe I'll get pushit, and then I can die a happy woman.

Thank you TOOL for yet another life changing evening.

I'm out. On my way to the Crown Plaza. WHOOO HOOOO!!!
After party at the same hotel that they are staying at.... who knows what could happen!!!

Peace
Old 06-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 20

6th show.... Third this tour....

wHAT AN AWESOME NIGHT!!!
FLOOD~!~~~~~~~~~
It was so great. I am so pissed at all the childish assholes who keep showing up to TOOL concerts and throwing shit. They all should be shot.

At the end, tho.. the guys just stood there for a little bit longer than usual and soaked in the crowd. We were really going nuts. It was all so awesome it was surreal.

Maynard was VERY talkative.. Said IOWA with kind of a slang over and over. I couldn't hear from where I was on the floor, so if anyone knows what he said, please post.

I am on my way to Peoria tomorrow, and Shaumburg next week.
Maybe I'll get pushit, and then I can die a happy woman.

Thank you TOOL for yet another life changing evening.

I'm out. On my way to the Crown Plaza. WHOOO HOOOO!!!
After party at the same hotel that they are staying at.... who knows what could happen!!!

Peace
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Setlist

Jambi

Stinkfist (ext)

(-) Ions brief

46&2

Schism (Ext long)

Lost Keys / Roseta Stoned

FLOOD!!!!!!

Wings / 10,000

Lateralus (with all of melt banana)

Vicarious

First off the 5 1/2 hour drive from Lawrence ,KS. NOT BAD. Get to the hotel. NOT TO BAD 5 blocks to the the center. I see LOTS and LOTS of TOOL fans all wearing the signature black shirts with the different years of TOOL on display. GOOD to see that here in IOWA. Now to the show. The sheepish way they made the lines in the front of the building. Segregation of the lines between the male and female were a little much, especially when the yellow shirt is telling groups of the females to 'GO AHEAD". The guy with the Coffee MUG telling sheep to get cameras and all video back to the car / car's "Cause TOOL would not like the sheep to record" which i did anyways. (If you check tomorrow I'll have pics and video up.) I was the guy with the Cameras. Right side dancing around like a fool in parts). I got to see the tons of "COUNTRY BONERS" saw lots and lots of them on the floor.

FLOOD WAS FU%&en just what i drove 5 1/2 hours to hear. NOT saying that right in two which is was great song when I heard them in Wichita I loved it, but i had to hear FLOOD that made my night. Then the melt banana set that played the really extended version of lateralus like 5 mins of straight drums was THE SHIT!!!

Could not hear Mayard but he was talkative said something about IOWA. Then said some more about IOWA and living here was something........ could not hear too well ( post if you heard what he said) Lots of maynardisums on stage tonight dancing the kicking thing I went nuts. SHOES. SHOES. Getting thrown Cool NOT!! Then labcoats kept coming on stage to remove them. Saw a couple of the shoeless bastereds after the concert i should have given them a ear full but I figured THEIR the dumb asses who A) lost their shoes B) payed a shit load of money to see the show. (At least they could do is throw their shoes at the band they LOVE SO MUCH & payed 50 dollars to see and loose your shoes ) DUMB ASSES that is why Maynard leaves the stage during the shows.

(They played rosata stone for like 5 mins till MJK came out of hiding. I could see that Adam and Justin were like HUM "were ready" but MJK was not at his post).

I kept yelling out" Aenema" Aenema before Vicarious I wanted to hear that in a small venue this was but a-las not tonight. I'll wait till they get back kansas to hear that ( love to see DANNY in the KU jersey GO HAWKS). He gives the croud so much love.The hug at the end is always good to see. I didn't hear MJK say they will be back so...... THAT WILL SUCK FOR IOWA.....

Last edited by Archie; 06-19-2007 at 11:05 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist

Jambi

Stinkfist (ext)

(-) Ions brief

46&2

Schism (Ext long)

Lost Keys / Roseta Stoned

FLOOD!!!!!!

Wings / 10,000

Lateralus (with all of melt banana)

Vicarious

First off the 5 1/2 hour drive from Lawrence ,KS. NOT BAD. Get to the hotel. NOT TO BAD 5 blocks to the the center. I see LOTS and LOTS of TOOL fans all wearing the signature black shirts with the different years of TOOL on display. GOOD to see that here in IOWA. Now to the show. The sheepish way they made the lines in the front of the building. Segregation of the lines between the male and female were a little much, especially when the yellow shirt is telling groups of the females to 'GO AHEAD". The guy with the Coffee MUG telling sheep to get cameras and all video back to the car / car's "Cause TOOL would not like the sheep to record" which i did anyways. (If you check tomorrow I'll have pics and video up.) I was the guy with the Cameras. Right side dancing around like a fool in parts). I got to see the tons of "COUNTRY BONERS" saw lots and lots of them on the floor.

FLOOD WAS FU%&en just what i drove 5 1/2 hours to hear. NOT saying that right in two which is was great song when I heard them in Wichita I loved it, but i had to hear FLOOD that made my night. Then the melt banana set that played the really extended version of lateralus like 5 mins of straight drums was THE SHIT!!!

Could not hear Mayard but he was talkative said something about IOWA. Then said some more about IOWA and living here was something........ could not hear too well ( post if you heard what he said) Lots of maynardisums on stage tonight dancing the kicking thing I went nuts. SHOES. SHOES. Getting thrown Cool NOT!! Then labcoats kept coming on stage to remove them. Saw a couple of the shoeless bastereds after the concert i should have given them a ear full but I figured THEIR the dumb asses who A) lost their shoes B) payed a shit load of money to see the show. (At least they could do is throw their shoes at the band they LOVE SO MUCH & payed 50 dollars to see and loose your shoes ) DUMB ASSES that is why Maynard leaves the stage during the shows.

(They played rosata stone for like 5 mins till MJK came out of hiding. I could see that Adam and Justin were like HUM "were ready" but MJK was not at his post).

I kept yelling out" Aenema" Aenema before Vicarious I wanted to hear that in a small venue this was but a-las not tonight. I'll wait till they get back kansas to hear that ( love to see DANNY in the KU jersey GO HAWKS). He gives the croud so much love.The hug at the end is always good to see. I didn't hear MJK say they will be back so...... THAT WILL SUCK FOR IOWA.....

Last edited by Archie; 06-19-2007 at 11:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Jessecuster
06-19-2007, 11:18 PM

This was my first Tool show. I had big expectations. Most reviews here look dead on. Lots of shoe throwing and beer throwing or at least I hope it was beer and not piss filled cups. Visuals where amazing. Lots of laser effects. Sound quality suprised me. The venue sounded really good. Nice long set very close to 2hrs. Only real complaints would be no Aenema, sober, or The Pot and 40 dollar t-shirts. Over all really great show and a good first Tool exp
Old 06-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool show. I had big expectations. Most reviews here look dead on. Lots of shoe throwing and beer throwing or at least I hope it was beer and not piss filled cups. Visuals where amazing. Lots of laser effects. Sound quality suprised me. The venue sounded really good. Nice long set very close to 2hrs. Only real complaints would be no Aenema, sober, or The Pot and 40 dollar t-shirts. Over all really great show and a good first Tool exp
OFFLINE |  
Benjees82
06-20-2007, 12:05 AM

My first TOOL show, and I had incredibly high expectations. They did NOT disappoint. I missed the first few seconds of Jambi (fuckin beer line) but made it to my seat in time to see that Jambi is an incredible opener. The crowd was totally into it from the get-go.

I wasn't at all surprised by Flood. It has been played almost regularly for a couple weeks now. I am, however, glad I spent the time to listen to it a few times and learn the lyrics. Knowing ALL the lyrics throughout the show definitely made the entire night more enjoyable.

Thanks to Mike from Cedar Rapids for enhancing the TOOL experience for me. I met him in line waiting for beer. He told me if I bought him a beer, he would split a joint with me. 2 joints later, I was having a GREAAAAAAT time. Thanks a lot bro. Plus he was as into the show as much as I was, which is saying a lot. Send me a private message on here if you see this, it would be awesome to hang out some time.

Wings/10,000 days- I usually skip these songs when listening at home or in my car, but DAMN. Probably my favorite part of the show (apart from Lateralus which I will talk about in a second). The buildup was amazing. The energy and emotion of the song was intoxicating. The crowd was very respectful, which surprised me. There were quite a few moshers right before this part, and I was afraid they would be douchebags and keep on keepin on during these songs, but I was Wrong!! Thank god. The entire place jammed and was totally into the moment. And the place erupted in applause afterwards, commending the band on their surely emotionally exhausting performance of it.

Lateralus- FUCKIN WOW!! The first part ROCKED as I expected it to. Then, I told my friend, this is where a couple amateur jackasses from Melt Banana try to play with the best band in the world. Boy was I wrong. The drum solo between Danny and the Melt Banana drummer was TOTALLY INSANE!!! They fed off each other and the crowd and took turns BLOWING MINDS!! Definitely the best 2 minutes of drums I will EVER hear in my life. The bassist from MB was also surprisingly good, played differently but very good nonetheless.

Overall, by far the best concert I have ever been to in my life. My only other real concert experience is from "Band Camp" in Madison, WI, which is an excellent show. An entire day of KICKASS bands is hard to beat, but TOOL did it. I was totally enthralled the entire time. Standing up, bangin my head up and down, near tears more than a couple times. I found myself laughing out loud just looking around at the crowd and band totally in awe of how fuckin awesome the entire feeling of the show was. Thank you Cedar Rapids and all of you awesome fans. And Thank You TOOL for totally blowing my fuckin mind. I was anticipating nothing less than the best show in the world, and left totally satisfied, yet wanting more.

(I too saw the shoes and hats tossed on the stage, but it seemed to me that they were being thrown sort of like flowers to an Olympic skater, aimed at the center of the stage, so as not to hit anybody, but as a gift to the band, for their incredible performance. I could be wrong, but I'm an idealist, and it seemed totally alright to me.)

Rock on TOOLIES!! and Sweet Dreams, I know I will have some.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

My first TOOL show, and I had incredibly high expectations. They did NOT disappoint. I missed the first few seconds of Jambi (fuckin beer line) but made it to my seat in time to see that Jambi is an incredible opener. The crowd was totally into it from the get-go.

I wasn't at all surprised by Flood. It has been played almost regularly for a couple weeks now. I am, however, glad I spent the time to listen to it a few times and learn the lyrics. Knowing ALL the lyrics throughout the show definitely made the entire night more enjoyable.

Thanks to Mike from Cedar Rapids for enhancing the TOOL experience for me. I met him in line waiting for beer. He told me if I bought him a beer, he would split a joint with me. 2 joints later, I was having a GREAAAAAAT time. Thanks a lot bro. Plus he was as into the show as much as I was, which is saying a lot. Send me a private message on here if you see this, it would be awesome to hang out some time.

Wings/10,000 days- I usually skip these songs when listening at home or in my car, but DAMN. Probably my favorite part of the show (apart from Lateralus which I will talk about in a second). The buildup was amazing. The energy and emotion of the song was intoxicating. The crowd was very respectful, which surprised me. There were quite a few moshers right before this part, and I was afraid they would be douchebags and keep on keepin on during these songs, but I was Wrong!! Thank god. The entire place jammed and was totally into the moment. And the place erupted in applause afterwards, commending the band on their surely emotionally exhausting performance of it.

Lateralus- FUCKIN WOW!! The first part ROCKED as I expected it to. Then, I told my friend, this is where a couple amateur jackasses from Melt Banana try to play with the best band in the world. Boy was I wrong. The drum solo between Danny and the Melt Banana drummer was TOTALLY INSANE!!! They fed off each other and the crowd and took turns BLOWING MINDS!! Definitely the best 2 minutes of drums I will EVER hear in my life. The bassist from MB was also surprisingly good, played differently but very good nonetheless.

Overall, by far the best concert I have ever been to in my life. My only other real concert experience is from "Band Camp" in Madison, WI, which is an excellent show. An entire day of KICKASS bands is hard to beat, but TOOL did it. I was totally enthralled the entire time. Standing up, bangin my head up and down, near tears more than a couple times. I found myself laughing out loud just looking around at the crowd and band totally in awe of how fuckin awesome the entire feeling of the show was. Thank you Cedar Rapids and all of you awesome fans. And Thank You TOOL for totally blowing my fuckin mind. I was anticipating nothing less than the best show in the world, and left totally satisfied, yet wanting more.

(I too saw the shoes and hats tossed on the stage, but it seemed to me that they were being thrown sort of like flowers to an Olympic skater, aimed at the center of the stage, so as not to hit anybody, but as a gift to the band, for their incredible performance. I could be wrong, but I'm an idealist, and it seemed totally alright to me.)

Rock on TOOLIES!! and Sweet Dreams, I know I will have some.
06-20-2007, 12:46 AM

This was my first Tool show and what an experience it was.

They played an awesome set and the crowd was going nuts during the whole show, definitely the most packed I have ever seen this place. The main highlight for me had to have been Lateralus, absolutely amazing.

My only complaints are the same as Jessecuster's, no Aenima, no sober, and no The Pot, and the shirts were indeed overpriced, but I guess that they have to pay for the badass light show somehow, and if you were on the floor, you missed some of what was shown on the stage, and it was pretty damn cool

Also, the whole no cameras allowed thing kinda pissed me off, but whatever, I got some decent pictures with my phone and some really shitty video, haha

If interested, they're here: http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/eldermisanthropy/Tool/

Overall, awesome night, one of the best shows I've ever seen, not the best, but its very high up there
Old 06-20-2007, 12:46 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool show and what an experience it was.

They played an awesome set and the crowd was going nuts during the whole show, definitely the most packed I have ever seen this place. The main highlight for me had to have been Lateralus, absolutely amazing.

My only complaints are the same as Jessecuster's, no Aenima, no sober, and no The Pot, and the shirts were indeed overpriced, but I guess that they have to pay for the badass light show somehow, and if you were on the floor, you missed some of what was shown on the stage, and it was pretty damn cool

Also, the whole no cameras allowed thing kinda pissed me off, but whatever, I got some decent pictures with my phone and some really shitty video, haha

If interested, they're here: http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/eldermisanthropy/Tool/

Overall, awesome night, one of the best shows I've ever seen, not the best, but its very high up there
OFFLINE |  
Polybius
06-20-2007, 12:54 AM

Maynard said something about being from Ohio and having an affinity for playing in the midwest.

Highlights of the show for me were hearing Flood live and the ridiculously amazing and powerful extension to Lateralus.

I really do not understand the mentality of the Pit, yea it might be cool to get within 20 feet of the band members but at what cost? Trying to keep your balance, avoid getting kicked/punched/elbowed/shoes stolen, burn up at about 120 degrees in the sea of bodies and get soaked with mansweat/beer/piss etc. Why?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Maynard said something about being from Ohio and having an affinity for playing in the midwest.

Highlights of the show for me were hearing Flood live and the ridiculously amazing and powerful extension to Lateralus.

I really do not understand the mentality of the Pit, yea it might be cool to get within 20 feet of the band members but at what cost? Trying to keep your balance, avoid getting kicked/punched/elbowed/shoes stolen, burn up at about 120 degrees in the sea of bodies and get soaked with mansweat/beer/piss etc. Why?
OFFLINE |  
halo19
06-20-2007, 07:46 AM

First, a thought: could somebody please throw that shirtless, skinhead poser motherfucker out of here? This was my first Tool concert and these ass-jacks nearly ruined it for me. WAAAAAY too much pushing and shoving (pardon the pun) going on!

Now the show: TOOL IS THE SHIT! They were freakin' amazing. Did not disappoint in any way. What a show!

The setlist was tour standard so I won't repeat it. We did get Flood which definitely rocked but I'd personally have preferred Pushit or even The Pot/Right In Two. But, they don't pay me to come up with set lists so I'll shut up about that. I seriously enjoyed Stinkfist, Jambi, Forty Six and Two and Vicarious. Those would be favs of mine anyway. Wings/10k Days is not my favorite 20 minute opus but the spectacle they put on for that one was truly Floyd-ian.

Maynard didn't say much. My buddy and I decided that he was trying to relate something about growing up in Ohio to Iowa. Every time he said I-O-W-A though the inbreds in the crowd had to drown him out. So, I guess he turned it into something to get the crowd to react? He was pretty animated though. God bless Maynard.

Just a couple more gripes. Melt Banana should go back to Japan. Period.
The US Cellular Center (re: Four Seasons Center) is a tiny little shit-hole that I'll never go back to regardless who's playing there. And, I think if i'd gotten shoved out of the one-square-foot of beer puddle space I had to stand in I was going to start throwing punches. Not very nice of a 35 year old to say but these little pricks were really starting to piss me off! You don't mosh at a Tool concert either! Jeez!

Word of advice to Mayard and the boys, next tour (if there is one) PLEASE visit our lovely capital city of Des Moines. I saw NIN there at Wells Fargo Arena last year and enjoyed the overall experience a helluva lot more.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

First, a thought: could somebody please throw that shirtless, skinhead poser motherfucker out of here? This was my first Tool concert and these ass-jacks nearly ruined it for me. WAAAAAY too much pushing and shoving (pardon the pun) going on!

Now the show: TOOL IS THE SHIT! They were freakin' amazing. Did not disappoint in any way. What a show!

The setlist was tour standard so I won't repeat it. We did get Flood which definitely rocked but I'd personally have preferred Pushit or even The Pot/Right In Two. But, they don't pay me to come up with set lists so I'll shut up about that. I seriously enjoyed Stinkfist, Jambi, Forty Six and Two and Vicarious. Those would be favs of mine anyway. Wings/10k Days is not my favorite 20 minute opus but the spectacle they put on for that one was truly Floyd-ian.

Maynard didn't say much. My buddy and I decided that he was trying to relate something about growing up in Ohio to Iowa. Every time he said I-O-W-A though the inbreds in the crowd had to drown him out. So, I guess he turned it into something to get the crowd to react? He was pretty animated though. God bless Maynard.

Just a couple more gripes. Melt Banana should go back to Japan. Period.
The US Cellular Center (re: Four Seasons Center) is a tiny little shit-hole that I'll never go back to regardless who's playing there. And, I think if i'd gotten shoved out of the one-square-foot of beer puddle space I had to stand in I was going to start throwing punches. Not very nice of a 35 year old to say but these little pricks were really starting to piss me off! You don't mosh at a Tool concert either! Jeez!

Word of advice to Mayard and the boys, next tour (if there is one) PLEASE visit our lovely capital city of Des Moines. I saw NIN there at Wells Fargo Arena last year and enjoyed the overall experience a helluva lot more.
OFFLINE |  
The Freakhouse
06-20-2007, 08:24 AM

Everyone else hit the nail on the head with their reviews. Being a long time fan of Tool and having for some reason never made it to a show this was the first for me. I had heard so much from friends and fellow fans who had gone before and I still didn't know what to expect.

Melt Bannana... I just don't get it. They weren't horrible. Just not my cup of tea. Kinda like Manga comics and most anime...I just don't get it.

TOOL was amazing....the US Cellular Center and the locals were pretty bad. However, we managed to find a spot in the second tier of seating above stage left giving us a full view of the show. Normaly, I would prefer to be on the floor but just seeing the crowd before the opening band started I felt the floor wasn't the best spot for experiencing the show.

When we saw the full show included projections on the stage floor I realized we'd picked a prime viewing spot. People tend to stay seated in the balconies so we didn't miss a thing. Seems there were many polite and dedicated TOOL fans around us there.

I have to agree with most of the prior posts here. As I don't get Melt Bannana I think a large portion of the concert goers that night don't get the asthetic of TOOL...It's an experience not a Slipknot concert.

Enough said...I enjoyed the show...Immmensely..
Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Everyone else hit the nail on the head with their reviews. Being a long time fan of Tool and having for some reason never made it to a show this was the first for me. I had heard so much from friends and fellow fans who had gone before and I still didn't know what to expect.

Melt Bannana... I just don't get it. They weren't horrible. Just not my cup of tea. Kinda like Manga comics and most anime...I just don't get it.

TOOL was amazing....the US Cellular Center and the locals were pretty bad. However, we managed to find a spot in the second tier of seating above stage left giving us a full view of the show. Normaly, I would prefer to be on the floor but just seeing the crowd before the opening band started I felt the floor wasn't the best spot for experiencing the show.

When we saw the full show included projections on the stage floor I realized we'd picked a prime viewing spot. People tend to stay seated in the balconies so we didn't miss a thing. Seems there were many polite and dedicated TOOL fans around us there.

I have to agree with most of the prior posts here. As I don't get Melt Bannana I think a large portion of the concert goers that night don't get the asthetic of TOOL...It's an experience not a Slipknot concert.

Enough said...I enjoyed the show...Immmensely..
OFFLINE |  
scar's Avatar scar
06-20-2007, 08:32 AM

IIIIIIIIIIOWA. IIIIIIIIIIIIOWA. the slight manipulation of Maynard's voice made it special.
EYE-OWA. awesome.

i guess it's to be expected, but the band has evolved into a juggernaut. spot on. this was the most perfect audio mix i have heard in my six TOOL concerts, and the least amount of errors. maynard's voice was stronger than it was on the 10,000 days cd. the distortion of his speaking in between songs was because of the crowd, not the acoustics.

there were a few times when they would play a chord that made my eyeballs vibrate.

i think Melt Banana is wonderful. clearly, people are influenced by their anticipation for the greatest band in the world to come out and play. patience, people. take them for what they are. they are four creative and talented human beings, who shared themselves with us. i REALLY wish i could have heard the lead singer's voice more clearly. i have a feeling it is VERY beautiful!!

the front row of the balcony, on Adam's side, is an amazing perspective. from Adam's talented fingers, to Danny's feet through the clear bass drums, i could see it all.

i LOVED seeing Justin struggle to find "Lost Keys!" HOW FITTING! they are truly masters of their craft. THANK YOU TOOL!

by the way, security was AWESOME! mostly because they were absent. freedom to smoke. freedom to sit on someone else's shoulders. freedom to smoke....
no one said a word. "be free, and enjoy the show." the only clause i could put on that, you short-bus moshers, is that you should be free and enjoy the show without hurting anyone else! i saw too many people get kicked or elbowed in the head while they were simply trying to enjoy the greatest show on earth. to those of you self absorbed assholes that don't care about anyone else's existence: either grow up, get educated, or kill yourself. otherwise you are a cancer to humanity.

i really hate to end on a negative note, because that was an INCREDIBLE SHOW! thank you IIIIIIIIIIOWA!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

IIIIIIIIIIOWA. IIIIIIIIIIIIOWA. the slight manipulation of Maynard's voice made it special.
EYE-OWA. awesome.

i guess it's to be expected, but the band has evolved into a juggernaut. spot on. this was the most perfect audio mix i have heard in my six TOOL concerts, and the least amount of errors. maynard's voice was stronger than it was on the 10,000 days cd. the distortion of his speaking in between songs was because of the crowd, not the acoustics.

there were a few times when they would play a chord that made my eyeballs vibrate.

i think Melt Banana is wonderful. clearly, people are influenced by their anticipation for the greatest band in the world to come out and play. patience, people. take them for what they are. they are four creative and talented human beings, who shared themselves with us. i REALLY wish i could have heard the lead singer's voice more clearly. i have a feeling it is VERY beautiful!!

the front row of the balcony, on Adam's side, is an amazing perspective. from Adam's talented fingers, to Danny's feet through the clear bass drums, i could see it all.

i LOVED seeing Justin struggle to find "Lost Keys!" HOW FITTING! they are truly masters of their craft. THANK YOU TOOL!

by the way, security was AWESOME! mostly because they were absent. freedom to smoke. freedom to sit on someone else's shoulders. freedom to smoke....
no one said a word. "be free, and enjoy the show." the only clause i could put on that, you short-bus moshers, is that you should be free and enjoy the show without hurting anyone else! i saw too many people get kicked or elbowed in the head while they were simply trying to enjoy the greatest show on earth. to those of you self absorbed assholes that don't care about anyone else's existence: either grow up, get educated, or kill yourself. otherwise you are a cancer to humanity.

i really hate to end on a negative note, because that was an INCREDIBLE SHOW! thank you IIIIIIIIIIOWA!
06-20-2007, 08:47 AM

I am from Madison, yeah, in Wisconsin. Where TOOL canceled a sold out show in September and NEVER RESCHEDULED! So I had to drive 3 hours to that bum-f$%# town of Cedar Rapids. And the kids there were a$$ holes. We shouldn't have to fight for our lives before the show even starts, and my gf got groped by more people in one night than ever. No doubt I inflicted some pain on a few people in the process (all of which deserved it). And I swear that there is no reason that I will ever visit that f'n state ever again; it doesn't matter who has a show there or who is doing what. I should have gone to the MN show.

Anyway. To the important part.

For those of you who didn't like Melt Banana, well, I can understand but I love them. They are actually a lot better in a smaller venue. It's easier to hear them, and they put on a better show (saw them about 2 years ago as a headliner, don't worry, show was free. Courtesy of the UW.) At points though, and they didn't do this when I saw them, they just kept going with the white noise (which I hate when ANY band does, even TOOL, [Jesus Maynard, are you really getting that old?]) and they needed to stop it.

As for TOOL. Well, I can scratch them off the list of to see now. And the show was amazing. The first few songs I spent attempting to fight off the crowd, then I gave up just about the time they played Schism and started focusing on the show. I am quite happy that they played some older songs such as stinkfist, and Flood (Schizm and Lateralus are not "old.") I must say that 10000 days is an incredibly beautiful song, and between that and Lateralus was probably the second most amazing concert experience of my life. The only thing holding it back was the crowd. Either way it was f'n tool, f'n Maynard, and they put on one hell of a show. And as a former lighting designer, the lights were incredible. Over 40 moving fixtures, including the three rings that moved, and contained moving fixtures. I can tell you that is the most expensive light setup I have EVER seen, simply from all those moving lights.

The only complaint I have from TOOL themselves is that they showed me music videos I've already seen. They could have come up with something original for those songs. Especially Schizm. That video got overplayed in it's day.

To wrap it up. FU IOWA. I enjoyed the show a lot, but only because it was tool. You kids in Iowa need to calm down, get some common sense, and learn that everyone who posted before me is right, this was not a show that required so much pushing and violence. If you were true TOOL fans you'd understand that they are not a violent band. They are a band that is supposed to make you think, and anything they write about violence or destruction is SATIRE. And if you backwater Iowa a$$ holes can't understand that, then well, I'm glad that you're in that state and not mine.

Oh, and since all of you are confused about what Maynard was trying to say. He said that he is from OHIO, and that he can sympathize because he too was from a state that got robbed of a hard consonant. Sound it out. It was a joke, not a compliment. I'm sure they only stopped there because their manager made them. Ha ha.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

I am from Madison, yeah, in Wisconsin. Where TOOL canceled a sold out show in September and NEVER RESCHEDULED! So I had to drive 3 hours to that bum-f$%# town of Cedar Rapids. And the kids there were a$$ holes. We shouldn't have to fight for our lives before the show even starts, and my gf got groped by more people in one night than ever. No doubt I inflicted some pain on a few people in the process (all of which deserved it). And I swear that there is no reason that I will ever visit that f'n state ever again; it doesn't matter who has a show there or who is doing what. I should have gone to the MN show.

Anyway. To the important part.

For those of you who didn't like Melt Banana, well, I can understand but I love them. They are actually a lot better in a smaller venue. It's easier to hear them, and they put on a better show (saw them about 2 years ago as a headliner, don't worry, show was free. Courtesy of the UW.) At points though, and they didn't do this when I saw them, they just kept going with the white noise (which I hate when ANY band does, even TOOL, [Jesus Maynard, are you really getting that old?]) and they needed to stop it.

As for TOOL. Well, I can scratch them off the list of to see now. And the show was amazing. The first few songs I spent attempting to fight off the crowd, then I gave up just about the time they played Schism and started focusing on the show. I am quite happy that they played some older songs such as stinkfist, and Flood (Schizm and Lateralus are not "old.") I must say that 10000 days is an incredibly beautiful song, and between that and Lateralus was probably the second most amazing concert experience of my life. The only thing holding it back was the crowd. Either way it was f'n tool, f'n Maynard, and they put on one hell of a show. And as a former lighting designer, the lights were incredible. Over 40 moving fixtures, including the three rings that moved, and contained moving fixtures. I can tell you that is the most expensive light setup I have EVER seen, simply from all those moving lights.

The only complaint I have from TOOL themselves is that they showed me music videos I've already seen. They could have come up with something original for those songs. Especially Schizm. That video got overplayed in it's day.

To wrap it up. FU IOWA. I enjoyed the show a lot, but only because it was tool. You kids in Iowa need to calm down, get some common sense, and learn that everyone who posted before me is right, this was not a show that required so much pushing and violence. If you were true TOOL fans you'd understand that they are not a violent band. They are a band that is supposed to make you think, and anything they write about violence or destruction is SATIRE. And if you backwater Iowa a$$ holes can't understand that, then well, I'm glad that you're in that state and not mine.

Oh, and since all of you are confused about what Maynard was trying to say. He said that he is from OHIO, and that he can sympathize because he too was from a state that got robbed of a hard consonant. Sound it out. It was a joke, not a compliment. I'm sure they only stopped there because their manager made them. Ha ha.
OFFLINE |  
toolninapc's Avatar toolninapc
06-20-2007, 09:13 AM

That show was fucking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lateralus was just freaking amazing!! Maynard was rocking the puscifer jacket.........the crowd was insane...........it rocked!!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 12

That show was fucking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lateralus was just freaking amazing!! Maynard was rocking the puscifer jacket.........the crowd was insane...........it rocked!!
06-20-2007, 09:24 AM

AMAZING. My first Tool show and I was NOT disappointed. Loved the visuals, sounded amazing. Everything I expected and more. My first time being on the floor too and despite what you may think, I was not getting shoved everywhere. I only wish I was taller, I could barely see the stage except between peoples' heads now and then. I couldn't see Maynard dancing, sadly, but my brother said it was crazy (like I hoped and thought).

Rosetta Stoned could've blown my novice ears out, that ringing sound seemed to go on forever. Wings came on JUST IN TIME. Perfect moment. Damn glad they played Lateralus too, that's probably one of my favorite Tool songs.

I wish I could've heard Maynard talking better though. All I heard was something about Iowa and how he came from Ohio. I loved the way he said Iowa at one point. I can't explain it, but it was hilarious.

The people throwing their shoes kinda got on my nerves, but I was too into the show to really pay much attention.

All in all, best night of my life. I totally plan on going to another one of their shows, even if I have to drive 5 hours or more.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

AMAZING. My first Tool show and I was NOT disappointed. Loved the visuals, sounded amazing. Everything I expected and more. My first time being on the floor too and despite what you may think, I was not getting shoved everywhere. I only wish I was taller, I could barely see the stage except between peoples' heads now and then. I couldn't see Maynard dancing, sadly, but my brother said it was crazy (like I hoped and thought).

Rosetta Stoned could've blown my novice ears out, that ringing sound seemed to go on forever. Wings came on JUST IN TIME. Perfect moment. Damn glad they played Lateralus too, that's probably one of my favorite Tool songs.

I wish I could've heard Maynard talking better though. All I heard was something about Iowa and how he came from Ohio. I loved the way he said Iowa at one point. I can't explain it, but it was hilarious.

The people throwing their shoes kinda got on my nerves, but I was too into the show to really pay much attention.

All in all, best night of my life. I totally plan on going to another one of their shows, even if I have to drive 5 hours or more.
06-20-2007, 10:58 AM

This was my third show, the first one on this tour, and it was absolutely fantastic. The entire prouction as well as the performance on the band's part were damn near perfect and despite all the shit getting thrown on stage by the morons on the floor, the band seemed in pretty good spirits. I went with six good friends, five of which had never seen them live. Most of them were pretty big fans (probably at least partially because of my pushing Tool on them over the years) so they had a great time at the show. We showed up a few hours early, so we ended up getting seats in the first row of the balcony not even past the stage on Maynard and Adam's side. Fucking perfect view of everything, including Danny. The only problem with that area was that the vocals were damn near drowned out completely (which didn't really bother me too much as I knew the words, could SEE maynard pronouncing each syllable, and was mostly listening to the other guys anyway) and the fact that we were right by Adam's monitors so they were just a bit louder than would have been perfect for the mix, making Justin kind of hard to hear at times. Best part of the whole thing was that I got one of Danny's drumsticks at the end. He threw it in our direction, where one of my friends got a hold of it, but it was immediately knocked out of his hand and ended up bouncing around a few people, chairs, and other objects, before I finally grabbed it bouncing off the floor. Not quite the pristine catch, but good enough. Being a drummer, that absolutely made my night. By the way, if anyone saw that, I was the shoulder-length haired guy in the bright orange/violet Alex Grey shirt having a sweet time. Another of my companions then got one of the (really cool) security guys on the floor to throw one of Adam's discarded picks to us, so he got that, sweet also. The kids killing each other on the floor didn't really bother me so much, except during wings, when despite the band's best efforts to set a mood with the lighters/break/jam-y noise part beforehand, people kept yelling shit during the song and then actually Started Fucking Moshing about halfway into the song....Oh well, Maynard's mom would've wanted it that way. Damn near perfect alltogether though, I'd almost say the visuals were better than 2002 during the Lateralus tour when they had the giant Alex Grey backdrops and hangings, hope they tour again sometime within the next decade. Peace, kids.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

This was my third show, the first one on this tour, and it was absolutely fantastic. The entire prouction as well as the performance on the band's part were damn near perfect and despite all the shit getting thrown on stage by the morons on the floor, the band seemed in pretty good spirits. I went with six good friends, five of which had never seen them live. Most of them were pretty big fans (probably at least partially because of my pushing Tool on them over the years) so they had a great time at the show. We showed up a few hours early, so we ended up getting seats in the first row of the balcony not even past the stage on Maynard and Adam's side. Fucking perfect view of everything, including Danny. The only problem with that area was that the vocals were damn near drowned out completely (which didn't really bother me too much as I knew the words, could SEE maynard pronouncing each syllable, and was mostly listening to the other guys anyway) and the fact that we were right by Adam's monitors so they were just a bit louder than would have been perfect for the mix, making Justin kind of hard to hear at times. Best part of the whole thing was that I got one of Danny's drumsticks at the end. He threw it in our direction, where one of my friends got a hold of it, but it was immediately knocked out of his hand and ended up bouncing around a few people, chairs, and other objects, before I finally grabbed it bouncing off the floor. Not quite the pristine catch, but good enough. Being a drummer, that absolutely made my night. By the way, if anyone saw that, I was the shoulder-length haired guy in the bright orange/violet Alex Grey shirt having a sweet time. Another of my companions then got one of the (really cool) security guys on the floor to throw one of Adam's discarded picks to us, so he got that, sweet also. The kids killing each other on the floor didn't really bother me so much, except during wings, when despite the band's best efforts to set a mood with the lighters/break/jam-y noise part beforehand, people kept yelling shit during the song and then actually Started Fucking Moshing about halfway into the song....Oh well, Maynard's mom would've wanted it that way. Damn near perfect alltogether though, I'd almost say the visuals were better than 2002 during the Lateralus tour when they had the giant Alex Grey backdrops and hangings, hope they tour again sometime within the next decade. Peace, kids.
OFFLINE |  
TvAndDrugsLoveChild
06-20-2007, 11:18 AM

crazy. i was on the floor and it was crazy. people who talk during wings/days suck. during the drum off during lateralus it looked like danny was really enjoying himself. it was awesome. i cant believe how much shit was thrown on stage. adam looked really pissesd at a cup that was thrown right in front of him and kicked it. i am sure that they prolly wont be coming back to ceder rapids if they play in iowa again if they even play in iowa again. fuck. i freaked out when they started playing flood. i really didnt expect that. i dont know if it was just me or not but i thought i heard maynard do a lil jon impression during stinkfist. i could just be crazy. overall it was a good show. fuck shoe throwers. fuck wings/days talkers.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

crazy. i was on the floor and it was crazy. people who talk during wings/days suck. during the drum off during lateralus it looked like danny was really enjoying himself. it was awesome. i cant believe how much shit was thrown on stage. adam looked really pissesd at a cup that was thrown right in front of him and kicked it. i am sure that they prolly wont be coming back to ceder rapids if they play in iowa again if they even play in iowa again. fuck. i freaked out when they started playing flood. i really didnt expect that. i dont know if it was just me or not but i thought i heard maynard do a lil jon impression during stinkfist. i could just be crazy. overall it was a good show. fuck shoe throwers. fuck wings/days talkers.
OFFLINE |  
illdojo's Avatar illdojo
06-20-2007, 12:14 PM

Great Show, great venue(they sold liquor and it was connected to our Hotel), and after 4 shows on the 10k Days tour I finally got FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maynard was dancing a lot, Adam actually rocked out a little in front of Danny's kit, Justin was.... well Justin, and my IDOL Danny was on fucking fire as usual.
My only complaint was that Cedar Rapids smells like Dung.

Killer experience for my 9th show overall dating back to 94'(Undertow Tour)

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext)
46&2
Schism (with speed up middle)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (Jam with Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Last edited by illdojo; 06-20-2007 at 06:30 PM..
Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Great Show, great venue(they sold liquor and it was connected to our Hotel), and after 4 shows on the 10k Days tour I finally got FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maynard was dancing a lot, Adam actually rocked out a little in front of Danny's kit, Justin was.... well Justin, and my IDOL Danny was on fucking fire as usual.
My only complaint was that Cedar Rapids smells like Dung.

Killer experience for my 9th show overall dating back to 94'(Undertow Tour)

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext)
46&2
Schism (with speed up middle)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (Jam with Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Last edited by illdojo; 06-20-2007 at 06:30 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Legion's Avatar Legion
06-20-2007, 12:33 PM

The show last night was awesome. I see that Maynard is getting better about coming out of his shell. Nice to see him facing the stage instead of having his back to the crowd for the entire set. The energy flowing through the building was amazing. The laser show later on in the set was wicked cool. I was hoping they would play Right in 2, but Lateralus & Flood made up for it. It was one of the better Tool concerts I've seen and also the shortest drive.

As for the ass clowns down in the pit throwing shit, come on assholes! Every concert I've ever been to, there is always a group of dipshits pulling this kind of shit. And people wonder why bands don't come back? To the Madison cocksucker, I'm pretty sure the shoe throwers were probably from different places, so to blame it on Iowa or Cedar Rapids is fucking stupid. I've seen my fair share of shoe throwing at concerts in Madison. My guess as to the reason Tool cancelled their show in Sept, was right about the time when stories were riding the airwaves of a couple of WI douchebags digging up a body to fuck it.

Wicked show, I hope they come back in five or six years, if they do another album that is.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

The show last night was awesome. I see that Maynard is getting better about coming out of his shell. Nice to see him facing the stage instead of having his back to the crowd for the entire set. The energy flowing through the building was amazing. The laser show later on in the set was wicked cool. I was hoping they would play Right in 2, but Lateralus & Flood made up for it. It was one of the better Tool concerts I've seen and also the shortest drive.

As for the ass clowns down in the pit throwing shit, come on assholes! Every concert I've ever been to, there is always a group of dipshits pulling this kind of shit. And people wonder why bands don't come back? To the Madison cocksucker, I'm pretty sure the shoe throwers were probably from different places, so to blame it on Iowa or Cedar Rapids is fucking stupid. I've seen my fair share of shoe throwing at concerts in Madison. My guess as to the reason Tool cancelled their show in Sept, was right about the time when stories were riding the airwaves of a couple of WI douchebags digging up a body to fuck it.

Wicked show, I hope they come back in five or six years, if they do another album that is.
06-20-2007, 03:03 PM

I got to the show about an hour early, got my tickets at will call, and walked in.

The floor smelled like shit, either people in Iowa do not shower, or they decided to roll in dog shit just before the show.

Some strange fellow was going around asking people to wear "Tom" name tags, I got one, but took it off a little later, it never really turned into any thing.

Melt banana played an interesting set, I was kinda let down by them as I really didn't know what to expect and what I got seemd like Japanese pop vocals over some guy who just bought a whammy pedal. Parts of a few songs seemed like they had potential, and the group seemd really solid over all.

Tool had great sound, Cellular One didn't seem to muffle any thing. The vocals came out clear, Danny's drums were deep, and every time he hit the bass it felt like the whole sound hit me in the stomach.

Tool played Flood.

I stood next to a guy who may or may not have been Kabir. We were both pretty amazed after lateralus. The whole melt banana segment worked for a little bit, but it seemed like it turned into more of a loud hum, because they didnt give each other room to work with.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
Formerly DJR
Suicide Booth ID: 11

Bincount™: 4398

I got to the show about an hour early, got my tickets at will call, and walked in.

The floor smelled like shit, either people in Iowa do not shower, or they decided to roll in dog shit just before the show.

Some strange fellow was going around asking people to wear "Tom" name tags, I got one, but took it off a little later, it never really turned into any thing.

Melt banana played an interesting set, I was kinda let down by them as I really didn't know what to expect and what I got seemd like Japanese pop vocals over some guy who just bought a whammy pedal. Parts of a few songs seemed like they had potential, and the group seemd really solid over all.

Tool had great sound, Cellular One didn't seem to muffle any thing. The vocals came out clear, Danny's drums were deep, and every time he hit the bass it felt like the whole sound hit me in the stomach.

Tool played Flood.

I stood next to a guy who may or may not have been Kabir. We were both pretty amazed after lateralus. The whole melt banana segment worked for a little bit, but it seemed like it turned into more of a loud hum, because they didnt give each other room to work with.
OFFLINE |  
Benjees82
06-20-2007, 04:45 PM

A couple things I failed to mention before when I was drunk/high/dead tired. The sound where I was (Very top row of Sec 16, I was the dude in a Jimmy Hendrix T that couldn't sit down) was perfect. Maynard's vocals came through great, except for a few times when the sheer volume of the music sort of overwhelmed the entire venue, but in a good way.

The security was great. I didn't see any at all. The joints were floating around freely where I was for a bit. I was very glad to see that they weren't intent on fucking up the show for everyone. I had heard some horror stories about security from other places, but they didn't fuck with anyone around me at all.

Once at the beginning of the show, I began to reach for my camera phone to snap a shot or 2 (flass off of course) but decided to just leave it. I didn't want to take my eyes off the stage for even a second, afraid I may miss something.

The crowd's energy was absolutely sensational. I am so incredibly sore today from just dancing around a bit and banging my head all night (not from moshing). I couldn't sit still. My body had a mind of its own, swaying and rocking with every hit on Danny's drums. As the beginning to Vicarious began, and we got our little thank you before it, my eyes began to tear up. I knew it was about to be over. I sang every word of it along with half of the fans. As it came to its inevitable ending, and the huge spotlights engulfed the sea of crazed screaming fans, with their arms held high, a big smile came over my face. I looked over the crowd with an incredible sense of joy and pride for the people who had experienced this night with me. I met nothing but great people. I'm sure there were a few jackasses running about, but that's gonna happen anywhere.

The show was overwhelming. During Lateralus, my new friend leaned to me and said, "This is the Zeppelin of our era." He is so right. Tool is the best band in the world today hands down. Enjoy them while you can. I know I will. Just today, I bought a couple tickets for Chicago, which I plan to take my little brother to. I can't wait. I hope the show inspires him in the way Cedar Rapids did for me. Thank you again Cedar Rapids, I had a truly great night. And Thank You TOOL!!! I can't wait til next Wednesday!!! Peace out.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

A couple things I failed to mention before when I was drunk/high/dead tired. The sound where I was (Very top row of Sec 16, I was the dude in a Jimmy Hendrix T that couldn't sit down) was perfect. Maynard's vocals came through great, except for a few times when the sheer volume of the music sort of overwhelmed the entire venue, but in a good way.

The security was great. I didn't see any at all. The joints were floating around freely where I was for a bit. I was very glad to see that they weren't intent on fucking up the show for everyone. I had heard some horror stories about security from other places, but they didn't fuck with anyone around me at all.

Once at the beginning of the show, I began to reach for my camera phone to snap a shot or 2 (flass off of course) but decided to just leave it. I didn't want to take my eyes off the stage for even a second, afraid I may miss something.

The crowd's energy was absolutely sensational. I am so incredibly sore today from just dancing around a bit and banging my head all night (not from moshing). I couldn't sit still. My body had a mind of its own, swaying and rocking with every hit on Danny's drums. As the beginning to Vicarious began, and we got our little thank you before it, my eyes began to tear up. I knew it was about to be over. I sang every word of it along with half of the fans. As it came to its inevitable ending, and the huge spotlights engulfed the sea of crazed screaming fans, with their arms held high, a big smile came over my face. I looked over the crowd with an incredible sense of joy and pride for the people who had experienced this night with me. I met nothing but great people. I'm sure there were a few jackasses running about, but that's gonna happen anywhere.

The show was overwhelming. During Lateralus, my new friend leaned to me and said, "This is the Zeppelin of our era." He is so right. Tool is the best band in the world today hands down. Enjoy them while you can. I know I will. Just today, I bought a couple tickets for Chicago, which I plan to take my little brother to. I can't wait. I hope the show inspires him in the way Cedar Rapids did for me. Thank you again Cedar Rapids, I had a truly great night. And Thank You TOOL!!! I can't wait til next Wednesday!!! Peace out.
OFFLINE |  
illiguy33
06-20-2007, 07:13 PM

My first time seeing Tool, and it was mindblowing as expected. We came early to get close on the floor only to get crushed for the first two songs. I finally squeezed back a little bit to get some breathing room after Stinkfist but always found myself in the moshpit. Not something I or most others wanted at a Tool concert, so I did my part in trying to contain the pit and keep those who didn't want to be in it out of it. Despite getting pummeled practically the whole show, it was still amazing and I actually think the physical abuse caused me to view Tool through a new light. The highlight for me was probably Forty Six & Two as I managed to escape the fray to enjoy that one. I was really getting into Lateralus with Melt Banana until some jackass thought it was fun to ram me in the back repeatedly. It was still awesome, however, and I think we're going to try to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee.

And I totally agree with that Zeppelin comment. Tool truly is the band to see of our era. Even though my body's paying for it today I am so glad I drove the three hours to see them last night.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

My first time seeing Tool, and it was mindblowing as expected. We came early to get close on the floor only to get crushed for the first two songs. I finally squeezed back a little bit to get some breathing room after Stinkfist but always found myself in the moshpit. Not something I or most others wanted at a Tool concert, so I did my part in trying to contain the pit and keep those who didn't want to be in it out of it. Despite getting pummeled practically the whole show, it was still amazing and I actually think the physical abuse caused me to view Tool through a new light. The highlight for me was probably Forty Six & Two as I managed to escape the fray to enjoy that one. I was really getting into Lateralus with Melt Banana until some jackass thought it was fun to ram me in the back repeatedly. It was still awesome, however, and I think we're going to try to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee.

And I totally agree with that Zeppelin comment. Tool truly is the band to see of our era. Even though my body's paying for it today I am so glad I drove the three hours to see them last night.
OFFLINE |  
xHero0fthedayx
06-20-2007, 09:06 PM

First Tool show for me, and it was amazing.
The pit was brutal, due to the idiots pushing everyone around.
But, it was worth it overall.
I also got the setlist for the show from a Roadie afterwards.
And, got it signed by Danny and Justin after the show (after waiting a long time).
Maynard bolted after the show, and we couldn't convince Adam to come sign.
But, overall. That was one of the most amazing shows I have seen.
And I am glad I went to it.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

First Tool show for me, and it was amazing.
The pit was brutal, due to the idiots pushing everyone around.
But, it was worth it overall.
I also got the setlist for the show from a Roadie afterwards.
And, got it signed by Danny and Justin after the show (after waiting a long time).
Maynard bolted after the show, and we couldn't convince Adam to come sign.
But, overall. That was one of the most amazing shows I have seen.
And I am glad I went to it.
OFFLINE |  
AEnimaTOOLer's Avatar AEnimaTOOLer
06-20-2007, 09:19 PM

First I would like to address all of those who are bitching and complaining about "Iowan's Moshing to TOOL". SHUT THE FUCK UP! Here's a thought, what type of music does TOOL play? Most would say rock. Generally, what do people do at rock concerts? They push each other around like fucking retards. Was everyone at the show HUGE, DEVOTED, DIE HARD, TOOL fans? NO! Most people at the floor (and at the show for that matter) have probably only heard TOOL on the radio so they dont quite "get it" like the rest of us. What the fuck do you expect on the floor? Would you like everyone just to stand shoulder to shoulder and enjoy the show? Thats ridiculous! Some people get into the music differently than others, maybe pushing people around is their way of "feeling" the music. I think its fucking retarded that people do it, but they do it at ALL SHOWS. It doesn't fucking matter if you are in Cedar Rapids or Madison. I saw someone from Madison complaining about Cedar Rapids people are pricks. Hate to break it to you buddy, but my first TOOL show was in Madison, I got trampled on the floor and no one gave a shit, must be pricks up there in Madison. Another person commented on how shocked they were at how many people were sitting down up in the seats. Wait a second, people were actually sitting, so that everyone around them could see, and fully enjoy and take in the show!? HOLY SHIT WHAT A CONCEPT! Talking with some of the people around me, most of them had been to as many, if not more shows than I had (4). This leads me to believe that the intelligent TOOL fans who want to enjoy the show and be able to take it in actually do so in the stands! I'm not sure where everyone gets the impression that "real TOOL fans are at the front on the floor!" What makes you any more of a fan than I? You couldn't see the stage, you couldnt see half of the lasers, you couldnt see ANY of the projections! If TOOL wants their fans to absorb the experience, why would their "true fans" be right up against the rails where they cant see shit? I suppose the true fans are up front against the rails proclaiming their love for Mr. Jones and his pigtails. Keep screaming, I'm sure he hears you.

NOW FOR THE SHOW!

As I said, my 4th show. BY FAR THE BEST! I have been waiting to hear FLOOD since the first time I heard it which was probably some 10 years ago. I thought Jambi was an excellent opener and it was amazing watching Maynard get into it and ride it out with his cowboy hat. Watching Maynard in the show as compared to other shows I have seen and reading his online stuff, I feel that TOOL may just be another one of his projects. In shows past, he looked as if he was getting INTO the music where as this show, it just seemed as if he knew everyone was watching him, so he was doing stuff that would make people laugh and come back home and write on here. I actually enjoyed their in between song jam, I say jam because it seemed like it was the same one being played over and over again. 46&2 was AMAZING. Danny can beat the shit out of his drums. Schism was appreciated as always. But like I said, FLOOD stole the show for me. The jam leading into it was sweet (it was a bit different from the others)...but Flood's into has always pulled me in and it just absolutely captivated me. If they hadn't played Flood, I would say that Wings took the show because Wings was absolutely AMAZING. The lasers were unbelievable. Couldn't hear Maynard very well but it was fantastic none the less. Lateralus was great too with the extended Melt Banana part. Vicarious was...good. But like I said before, the show as a whole, was the best I've seen.

oh ps. i have video of FLOOD and WINGS
[email protected]
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

First I would like to address all of those who are bitching and complaining about "Iowan's Moshing to TOOL". SHUT THE FUCK UP! Here's a thought, what type of music does TOOL play? Most would say rock. Generally, what do people do at rock concerts? They push each other around like fucking retards. Was everyone at the show HUGE, DEVOTED, DIE HARD, TOOL fans? NO! Most people at the floor (and at the show for that matter) have probably only heard TOOL on the radio so they dont quite "get it" like the rest of us. What the fuck do you expect on the floor? Would you like everyone just to stand shoulder to shoulder and enjoy the show? Thats ridiculous! Some people get into the music differently than others, maybe pushing people around is their way of "feeling" the music. I think its fucking retarded that people do it, but they do it at ALL SHOWS. It doesn't fucking matter if you are in Cedar Rapids or Madison. I saw someone from Madison complaining about Cedar Rapids people are pricks. Hate to break it to you buddy, but my first TOOL show was in Madison, I got trampled on the floor and no one gave a shit, must be pricks up there in Madison. Another person commented on how shocked they were at how many people were sitting down up in the seats. Wait a second, people were actually sitting, so that everyone around them could see, and fully enjoy and take in the show!? HOLY SHIT WHAT A CONCEPT! Talking with some of the people around me, most of them had been to as many, if not more shows than I had (4). This leads me to believe that the intelligent TOOL fans who want to enjoy the show and be able to take it in actually do so in the stands! I'm not sure where everyone gets the impression that "real TOOL fans are at the front on the floor!" What makes you any more of a fan than I? You couldn't see the stage, you couldnt see half of the lasers, you couldnt see ANY of the projections! If TOOL wants their fans to absorb the experience, why would their "true fans" be right up against the rails where they cant see shit? I suppose the true fans are up front against the rails proclaiming their love for Mr. Jones and his pigtails. Keep screaming, I'm sure he hears you.

NOW FOR THE SHOW!

As I said, my 4th show. BY FAR THE BEST! I have been waiting to hear FLOOD since the first time I heard it which was probably some 10 years ago. I thought Jambi was an excellent opener and it was amazing watching Maynard get into it and ride it out with his cowboy hat. Watching Maynard in the show as compared to other shows I have seen and reading his online stuff, I feel that TOOL may just be another one of his projects. In shows past, he looked as if he was getting INTO the music where as this show, it just seemed as if he knew everyone was watching him, so he was doing stuff that would make people laugh and come back home and write on here. I actually enjoyed their in between song jam, I say jam because it seemed like it was the same one being played over and over again. 46&2 was AMAZING. Danny can beat the shit out of his drums. Schism was appreciated as always. But like I said, FLOOD stole the show for me. The jam leading into it was sweet (it was a bit different from the others)...but Flood's into has always pulled me in and it just absolutely captivated me. If they hadn't played Flood, I would say that Wings took the show because Wings was absolutely AMAZING. The lasers were unbelievable. Couldn't hear Maynard very well but it was fantastic none the less. Lateralus was great too with the extended Melt Banana part. Vicarious was...good. But like I said before, the show as a whole, was the best I've seen.

oh ps. i have video of FLOOD and WINGS
[email protected]
OFFLINE |  
toolgasm's Avatar toolgasm
06-20-2007, 10:40 PM

after your comment AEnimaTOOLer i got to thinking, let everyone experience the show how they want to... there is alot of people who go to concerts to just experience the concert their way... I was at that concert along with the council bluffs one and people threw shit and made jackasses of themselves... but you'll eventually find a form of that everywhere. I found it relieving even though Maynard might not of said see you again, that Adam, and pissed as he was, went up after the show when everyone was cheering and gave "kisses" and encouraged everyone to be happy as much as the band was. I don't care where the moshers came from. they had a good time. possibly (probably) ruined others. but, just think about it this way, you got to see TOOL... LIVE.... and i can rest assured everyone had a moment in it. and that should make any concert worth while. especially TOOL if you give a shit. don't be sad, be happy, because no matter how people pushed you around/treated you, they will never take away from the fact that you got to see and experience the band you love live. the only people i feel have to say anything negative about a concert that they love(d) are people that were annoyed and unforgiving throughout the whole concert. that is my 2 cents.

Me personally... had a great time on the floor. I was thrown in the mosh pit when i didn't want to be. It did not matter. I was in a trance during FLOOD. and the rest of the show was good enough for me to tell everyone about how they missed out, regardless if they like tool or not.

all i want to get across for anyone, don't let the big or little things bother you from the actual point. You love tool, you enjoy seeing them live. and with those reasons, there is no way you should ever let anything else around you get you down from this moment. live it and enjoy it the best you can.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 PM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

after your comment AEnimaTOOLer i got to thinking, let everyone experience the show how they want to... there is alot of people who go to concerts to just experience the concert their way... I was at that concert along with the council bluffs one and people threw shit and made jackasses of themselves... but you'll eventually find a form of that everywhere. I found it relieving even though Maynard might not of said see you again, that Adam, and pissed as he was, went up after the show when everyone was cheering and gave "kisses" and encouraged everyone to be happy as much as the band was. I don't care where the moshers came from. they had a good time. possibly (probably) ruined others. but, just think about it this way, you got to see TOOL... LIVE.... and i can rest assured everyone had a moment in it. and that should make any concert worth while. especially TOOL if you give a shit. don't be sad, be happy, because no matter how people pushed you around/treated you, they will never take away from the fact that you got to see and experience the band you love live. the only people i feel have to say anything negative about a concert that they love(d) are people that were annoyed and unforgiving throughout the whole concert. that is my 2 cents.

Me personally... had a great time on the floor. I was thrown in the mosh pit when i didn't want to be. It did not matter. I was in a trance during FLOOD. and the rest of the show was good enough for me to tell everyone about how they missed out, regardless if they like tool or not.

all i want to get across for anyone, don't let the big or little things bother you from the actual point. You love tool, you enjoy seeing them live. and with those reasons, there is no way you should ever let anything else around you get you down from this moment. live it and enjoy it the best you can.
OFFLINE |  
jvs512000
06-22-2007, 08:44 AM

Let me preface this by saying that I am a HUGE Tool fan. I have seen them in concert 4 times (twice in Cedar Rapids) once in Madison and once in Omaha.

I would first like to address all of you who are bashing the Cedar Rapids crowd. I thought the crowd gave the band great support and was highly enthusiastic. Yes there were some idiots that threw crap on the stage and they should be kicked out but to chastise the entire crowd for the actions of a few people is not right. I have been to a lot of concerts and at every one of them, crap gets thrown onto the stage. It is an unfortunate fact of life that we all must deal with.

As for the show...
What an unbelievable light show and visual display!!! I have never seen anything like that and I was completely blown away. I was on the floor but I wish I could have had a second pair of eyes to see the show from the balcony because it looked like the people sitting up top were being treated to as good of a show as the people up front. The sound quality was also spectacular. I have never heard the US Cellular Center sound that perfect.

The set list, in my opinion, could have been better. I can think of at least 10 songs that I wanted to hear but didn't. I know that I am going to get railed on for this but someone needs to say it. I spent $60 to go to this show and I wanted to be treated to something special. Since it was a Tool show it was automatically special but it left me wanting a lot more. It pains me to say this but...it was pretensious. I know we are supposed to open our hearts and minds and just be thankful for any chance we get to see a glimpse of the genius that the members of the band exude every day. I appreciate the energy level it takes to put on a great concert and I can only immagine how life on the road can become tiresome and monotonous and can actually hinder the creative process. However, of the 2 hours that the band was on stage, a solid half hour of it had to be filler. I know that the ambient sound is part of the Tool experience and the proper mood needs to be set but I was left twiddling my thumbs on more than one occasion. At one point I even muttered "Jesus Christ, just get on with it." At the rate they were going I was expecting to be at the arena for 3+ hours which would have been fine but at the two hour mark when the band gathered for their huddle I thought to myself "You have to be fucking kidding me!"

If it is getting to the point where these huge tours are too much for the band members then maybe they need to be cut back. It would be fine with me if they only played large venues. I would drive hundreds of miles to see this band if I were assured a truly great concert. If I would have drove hundreds of miles and thumped down $90 bucks to see that concert, I would have been heartbroken. As it was I drove 30 miles and thumped down $60 bucks and was moderately annoyed. I heard one member of the crowd exclaim somthing along the lines of "Tool is the modern day Pink Floyd." I have never seen Pink Floyd in concert but if I paid good money and travled to see them, my expectations would be a lot higher than what I got for my dollar at the Tool show.

On a final note...Melt Banana sucked. I've heard cats fuck with more harmony. The drum solo during the Tool show was very cool though.

I have hated on Tool enough now, which is more than I ever thought I would in my life. I still love the band and I will probably see them again. I really feel that they are a band that will transcend generations.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Let me preface this by saying that I am a HUGE Tool fan. I have seen them in concert 4 times (twice in Cedar Rapids) once in Madison and once in Omaha.

I would first like to address all of you who are bashing the Cedar Rapids crowd. I thought the crowd gave the band great support and was highly enthusiastic. Yes there were some idiots that threw crap on the stage and they should be kicked out but to chastise the entire crowd for the actions of a few people is not right. I have been to a lot of concerts and at every one of them, crap gets thrown onto the stage. It is an unfortunate fact of life that we all must deal with.

As for the show...
What an unbelievable light show and visual display!!! I have never seen anything like that and I was completely blown away. I was on the floor but I wish I could have had a second pair of eyes to see the show from the balcony because it looked like the people sitting up top were being treated to as good of a show as the people up front. The sound quality was also spectacular. I have never heard the US Cellular Center sound that perfect.

The set list, in my opinion, could have been better. I can think of at least 10 songs that I wanted to hear but didn't. I know that I am going to get railed on for this but someone needs to say it. I spent $60 to go to this show and I wanted to be treated to something special. Since it was a Tool show it was automatically special but it left me wanting a lot more. It pains me to say this but...it was pretensious. I know we are supposed to open our hearts and minds and just be thankful for any chance we get to see a glimpse of the genius that the members of the band exude every day. I appreciate the energy level it takes to put on a great concert and I can only immagine how life on the road can become tiresome and monotonous and can actually hinder the creative process. However, of the 2 hours that the band was on stage, a solid half hour of it had to be filler. I know that the ambient sound is part of the Tool experience and the proper mood needs to be set but I was left twiddling my thumbs on more than one occasion. At one point I even muttered "Jesus Christ, just get on with it." At the rate they were going I was expecting to be at the arena for 3+ hours which would have been fine but at the two hour mark when the band gathered for their huddle I thought to myself "You have to be fucking kidding me!"

If it is getting to the point where these huge tours are too much for the band members then maybe they need to be cut back. It would be fine with me if they only played large venues. I would drive hundreds of miles to see this band if I were assured a truly great concert. If I would have drove hundreds of miles and thumped down $90 bucks to see that concert, I would have been heartbroken. As it was I drove 30 miles and thumped down $60 bucks and was moderately annoyed. I heard one member of the crowd exclaim somthing along the lines of "Tool is the modern day Pink Floyd." I have never seen Pink Floyd in concert but if I paid good money and travled to see them, my expectations would be a lot higher than what I got for my dollar at the Tool show.

On a final note...Melt Banana sucked. I've heard cats fuck with more harmony. The drum solo during the Tool show was very cool though.

I have hated on Tool enough now, which is more than I ever thought I would in my life. I still love the band and I will probably see them again. I really feel that they are a band that will transcend generations.
OFFLINE |  
23 and 1
06-22-2007, 08:53 AM

Awesome show. Perfect seats, great fucking venue. Maynard was very talkative, faced the crowd the whole night, and absolutely fucking rocked. I'm still in St. Louis, going to see them at the Scottrade Center tonight and I will post more when I get home. Awesome fucking show!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Awesome show. Perfect seats, great fucking venue. Maynard was very talkative, faced the crowd the whole night, and absolutely fucking rocked. I'm still in St. Louis, going to see them at the Scottrade Center tonight and I will post more when I get home. Awesome fucking show!
OFFLINE |  
seemunkyz
06-22-2007, 09:40 AM

Sicko's exist everywhere, they cancelled because "someone" had the flu. Besides, Maynard has said before how much he loves playing in Madison.
Also, two guys digging up a body isn't as bad as a WHOLE inbred state.
And yes, you have to deal with some shit at concerts, but the best I've dealt with are here in Madison. Even going as far away as Green Bay can make a crowd suck. However, I am not the only one I've heard say that that was the worst crowd they've ever experienced. And where did it happen to be? I rest my case.

Besides, I didn't mean it to be an insult to every Iowan. Those of you who were actually respectful, and are true TOOL fans, I apologize, and you should know who you are. However, most of the crowd was not comprised of people like that.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Sicko's exist everywhere, they cancelled because "someone" had the flu. Besides, Maynard has said before how much he loves playing in Madison.
And yes, you have to deal with some shit at concerts, but the best I've dealt with are here in Madison. Even going as far away as Green Bay can make a crowd suck. However, I am not the only one I've heard say that that was the worst crowd they've ever experienced. And where did it happen to be? I rest my case.

Besides, I didn't mean it to be an insult to every Iowan. Those of you who were actually respectful, and are true TOOL fans, I apologize, and you should know who you are. However, most of the crowd was not comprised of people like that.
OFFLINE |  
Benjees82
06-22-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemunkyz View Post

I wasn't on the floor, but where I was, EVERYONE, and I mean, EVERYONE, was very respectful and into the show. No douchebags in sight. The jackasses moshing during Wings and throwing shit on stage were VERY few and far between. It is totally unfair to say the crowd sucked when in truth, 98% of the people there did ZERO stupid shit. If you have read any of the Peoria reviews, you'd quit bitching and be happy that the handful of retards in Cedar Rapids at least didn't do anything to TOTALLY PISS OFF Maynard and essentially ruin a show. We got a GREAT show.

Yes, Madison hosts some EXCELLENT concerts. I've had some awesome experiences there. And, the crowd in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday night, was every bit as good as any I've seen in Madison. The crowds were equally good. This "pissing contest" of whose town has cooler people is ridiculous. Why measure dicks when we should be basking in the afterglow of the best concert I've personally ever been to? Let's just leave it at that.

Peace out.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemunkyz View Post

I wasn't on the floor, but where I was, EVERYONE, and I mean, EVERYONE, was very respectful and into the show. No douchebags in sight. The jackasses moshing during Wings and throwing shit on stage were VERY few and far between. It is totally unfair to say the crowd sucked when in truth, 98% of the people there did ZERO stupid shit. If you have read any of the Peoria reviews, you'd quit bitching and be happy that the handful of retards in Cedar Rapids at least didn't do anything to TOTALLY PISS OFF Maynard and essentially ruin a show. We got a GREAT show.

Yes, Madison hosts some EXCELLENT concerts. I've had some awesome experiences there. And, the crowd in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday night, was every bit as good as any I've seen in Madison. The crowds were equally good. This "pissing contest" of whose town has cooler people is ridiculous. Why measure dicks when we should be basking in the afterglow of the best concert I've personally ever been to? Let's just leave it at that.

Peace out.
06-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjees82 View Post

Peace out.
I couldn't have said it better myself, the show was absolutely amazing. I've seen tool 12 times now and i'd have to rank this up there with the best. I personally thought the crowd was amazing, they had good energy and maynard seemed to think the same judging by how talkative he was.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjees82 View Post

Peace out.
I couldn't have said it better myself, the show was absolutely amazing. I've seen tool 12 times now and i'd have to rank this up there with the best. I personally thought the crowd was amazing, they had good energy and maynard seemed to think the same judging by how talkative he was.
OFFLINE |  
23 and 1
06-23-2007, 06:51 PM

Back home now. Setlist is of course correct, and yes we got Flood. All in all an awesome fucking show, I saw them on the 20th in Peoria and the 22nd in St. Louis, and I'm having a hard time deciding which show was better, St. Louis or Cedar Rapids. As I said earlier Maynard was totally into the show, said some things that I didn't catch. I noticed some idiots throwing shoes onstage. I mean come on, fucking shoes? Don't you have to walk back to your car?

Anyway, all in all awesome stuff, good venue, decent crowd, and a blistering 2 hours of TooL. What more could I ask for.

Just out of curiosity, what was that smell in Cedar Rapids?

Peace the fuck Out*
Old 06-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Back home now. Setlist is of course correct, and yes we got Flood. All in all an awesome fucking show, I saw them on the 20th in Peoria and the 22nd in St. Louis, and I'm having a hard time deciding which show was better, St. Louis or Cedar Rapids. As I said earlier Maynard was totally into the show, said some things that I didn't catch. I noticed some idiots throwing shoes onstage. I mean come on, fucking shoes? Don't you have to walk back to your car?

Anyway, all in all awesome stuff, good venue, decent crowd, and a blistering 2 hours of TooL. What more could I ask for.

Just out of curiosity, what was that smell in Cedar Rapids?

Peace the fuck Out*
OFFLINE |  
grime_z's Avatar grime_z
06-24-2007, 10:55 AM

I believe that smell is the General Mills plant nearby. It smells so bad. Anyways, great fuckin' show! This is my 5th time seeing em, and I honestly believe this was the best I have seen. Maynard was hilarious, and the rest of the band was in top form. Surprised the shit out of me when I heard the intro to Flood. Laughed my ass off at all the other people in the pit who had no idea what the hell was coming. It was worth it getting there four hours early, got me a good spot on the floor. I snuck a camera inside in my skivvies, and then the pictures turned out like shit. Anyone got any decent pics of the show?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I believe that smell is the General Mills plant nearby. It smells so bad. Anyways, great fuckin' show! This is my 5th time seeing em, and I honestly believe this was the best I have seen. Maynard was hilarious, and the rest of the band was in top form. Surprised the shit out of me when I heard the intro to Flood. Laughed my ass off at all the other people in the pit who had no idea what the hell was coming. It was worth it getting there four hours early, got me a good spot on the floor. I snuck a camera inside in my skivvies, and then the pictures turned out like shit. Anyone got any decent pics of the show?
OFFLINE |  
Morpheus1684
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM

It rocked.
(btw, i too, had a TOM sticker...Why for? i haven't a clue...maybe that's the point?)
Myself, nick, maranda, kevin box, and mark where first in line,and first in the door. Waited from 12noon until 630pm and were front and center. I fucking LOVED melt banana, it blew my mind with all the sounds and energies coming from them...after melt banana, and after getting shoved EVERYWHERE i left the center 'mosh' and decided to take a stand on the upper balcony to get a great overall view of the concert.
tool kicked ass.
i swear i had an obe that danny carey was guiding... the energy danny was giving off was crazy...
not bad for a first experience.
LOVED 46&2, rosetta stoned and lateralus especially.
I still maintain that Cedar Rapids is my least favorite town out of all the towns i've ever been to, anywhere.
I plan on buying the Disturb the Normal dvd by chet zar this tuesday...
If anyone wants to msg me about the show...
www.myspace.com/morpheus1684

-LBX

Last edited by Morpheus1684; 06-24-2007 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: afterthoughts
Old 06-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

It rocked.
(btw, i too, had a TOM sticker...Why for? i haven't a clue...maybe that's the point?)
Myself, nick, maranda, kevin box, and mark where first in line,and first in the door. Waited from 12noon until 630pm and were front and center. I fucking LOVED melt banana, it blew my mind with all the sounds and energies coming from them...after melt banana, and after getting shoved EVERYWHERE i left the center 'mosh' and decided to take a stand on the upper balcony to get a great overall view of the concert.
tool kicked ass.
i swear i had an obe that danny carey was guiding... the energy danny was giving off was crazy...
not bad for a first experience.
LOVED 46&2, rosetta stoned and lateralus especially.
I still maintain that Cedar Rapids is my least favorite town out of all the towns i've ever been to, anywhere.
I plan on buying the Disturb the Normal dvd by chet zar this tuesday...
If anyone wants to msg me about the show...
www.myspace.com/morpheus1684

-LBX

Last edited by Morpheus1684; 06-24-2007 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: afterthoughts
OFFLINE |  
dooky booty's Avatar dooky booty
06-24-2007, 02:50 PM

this was my first tool show overall i never knew so much ass could be kicked in one place at one time i was a little dissappointed that maynard stayed in the dark most of the show i wonder if he never stepped forward because of all the idiots that kept throwing shoes it would have been nice to hear the pot since they are promoting the new album but i really wanted to hear pushit and patience (personal favs) maby sober too. but i cant complain too much the sound was amazing the drums sounded perfect the drum off with melt banana was awesome i felt the crowd let the band leave too easily though i think if everyone would've refused to leave we could have gotten a couple more songs. maby i just didn't want the night to come to an end

ps hey assholes dont throw shoes at one of the greatest bands of all time im pretty sure they dont appreciate it if you gotta throw something throw your girlfriends panties!!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

this was my first tool show overall i never knew so much ass could be kicked in one place at one time i was a little dissappointed that maynard stayed in the dark most of the show i wonder if he never stepped forward because of all the idiots that kept throwing shoes it would have been nice to hear the pot since they are promoting the new album but i really wanted to hear pushit and patience (personal favs) maby sober too. but i cant complain too much the sound was amazing the drums sounded perfect the drum off with melt banana was awesome i felt the crowd let the band leave too easily though i think if everyone would've refused to leave we could have gotten a couple more songs. maby i just didn't want the night to come to an end

ps hey assholes dont throw shoes at one of the greatest bands of all time im pretty sure they dont appreciate it if you gotta throw something throw your girlfriends panties!!
OFFLINE |  
dooky booty's Avatar dooky booty
06-25-2007, 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=dooky booty;2019279]this was my first tool show overall i never knew so much ass could be kicked in one place at one time i was a little dissappointed that maynard stayed in the dark most of the show i wonder if he never stepped forward because of all the idiots that kept throwing shoes it would have been nice to hear the pot since they are promoting the new album but i really wanted to hear pushit and _patience________ (personal favs) maby sober too.

sorry The Patient easy toughguys easy
Old 06-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

[QUOTE=dooky booty;2019279]this was my first tool show overall i never knew so much ass could be kicked in one place at one time i was a little dissappointed that maynard stayed in the dark most of the show i wonder if he never stepped forward because of all the idiots that kept throwing shoes it would have been nice to hear the pot since they are promoting the new album but i really wanted to hear pushit and _patience________ (personal favs) maby sober too.

sorry The Patient easy toughguys easy
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply