Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Rosette feasted's Avatar Rosette feasted
05-11-2006, 08:12 AM

It's
'Jummy eyes'
Old 05-11-2006, 08:12 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9
Re: Damn my eyes, Jam my eyes, Dim my eyes

It's
'Jummy eyes'
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
05-11-2006, 09:08 AM

I think it comes down to people hear what they want to hear and in the process try and justify it by trying to make a connection to the title of the song or by insisting that DAMN my eyes is what it says because it sounds better to them. Let alone the fact that if you really listen and tune out the music with a good EQ, the "DA" sound or a "JA" sound is simply non existent.

If I could hear either of those sounds in any of the three different recordings (album version, Seattle show and Texas show) that I've heard of Jambi, then I would have my doubts and I'd be more open to the other guesses everyone has. But, as I've listened to the different versions over and over, I hear distinctly the "DI" sound.

So no matter what I say, there is no way to know for sure until Tool posts the lyrics for the songs at www.toolband.com so it really doesn't matter what anyone says here because no one here can say with certainty what the hell nard is actually saying.

Last edited by SunBurN; 05-11-2006 at 09:12 AM..
Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I think it comes down to people hear what they want to hear and in the process try and justify it by trying to make a connection to the title of the song or by insisting that DAMN my eyes is what it says because it sounds better to them. Let alone the fact that if you really listen and tune out the music with a good EQ, the "DA" sound or a "JA" sound is simply non existent.

If I could hear either of those sounds in any of the three different recordings (album version, Seattle show and Texas show) that I've heard of Jambi, then I would have my doubts and I'd be more open to the other guesses everyone has. But, as I've listened to the different versions over and over, I hear distinctly the "DI" sound.

So no matter what I say, there is no way to know for sure until Tool posts the lyrics for the songs at www.toolband.com so it really doesn't matter what anyone says here because no one here can say with certainty what the hell nard is actually saying.

Last edited by SunBurN; 05-11-2006 at 09:12 AM..
s62's Avatar s62
05-11-2006, 11:07 AM

I take my back earlier comment... I think it is
Dim my eyes x3
He just has a bit of an inflection on it the first time, so it sounds a bit like "damn"...
Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #43
s62
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 45

I take my back earlier comment... I think it is
Dim my eyes x3
He just has a bit of an inflection on it the first time, so it sounds a bit like "damn"...
05-11-2006, 11:47 AM

The second one DEFINATELY starts with a "j", you can clearly hear it. And I can clearly hear a "b", as well...and I can hear an "s" at the end.

But I can't tell if the other two are "dim my eyes" or "damn my eyes".

So it's either:

Damn my eyes
Jambi eyes
Damn my eyes...

or

Dim my eyes
Jambi eyes
Dim my eyes...

I lean towards the first.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

The second one DEFINATELY starts with a "j", you can clearly hear it. And I can clearly hear a "b", as well...and I can hear an "s" at the end.

But I can't tell if the other two are "dim my eyes" or "damn my eyes".

So it's either:

Damn my eyes
Jambi eyes
Damn my eyes...

or

Dim my eyes
Jambi eyes
Dim my eyes...

I lean towards the first.
WitlessLiar
05-11-2006, 11:50 AM

I hear Dim my eyes, Jambi eyes.

Dim my eyes makes sense if you believe the Fluxerpretation. However I believe that "If I thought I'd lose you just one day" refers to the speaker's state of mind (his ignorance, being secure, and not believing in something that would change his whole life), so he wants to dim his eyes if the life-changing thing were to occur so that he wouldn't have to see it.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #45

Bincount™: 3

I hear Dim my eyes, Jambi eyes.

Dim my eyes makes sense if you believe the Fluxerpretation. However I believe that "If I thought I'd lose you just one day" refers to the speaker's state of mind (his ignorance, being secure, and not believing in something that would change his whole life), so he wants to dim his eyes if the life-changing thing were to occur so that he wouldn't have to see it.
?Cogito Ergo Sum?'s Avatar ?Cogito Ergo Sum?
05-11-2006, 11:53 AM

After yet another listening session with 10K days, with headphones, it has to be Dim my eyes everytime. "Dim my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum" He seems to want to close or hide is eyes if he compromises his precarious situation.
Has to be, "dim my eyes, dim my eyes, dim my eyes."
"You look up when you feel the need for elevation. And I look down because I am elevated. Who among you can laugh and be elevated at the same time? Whoever climbs the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." Nietzsche
Old 05-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

After yet another listening session with 10K days, with headphones, it has to be Dim my eyes everytime. "Dim my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum" He seems to want to close or hide is eyes if he compromises his precarious situation.
"You look up when you feel the need for elevation. And I look down because I am elevated. Who among you can laugh and be elevated at the same time? Whoever climbs the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." Nietzsche
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM

MAYNARD, ARE YOU OUT THERE?!?!?

If so, you NEED to clear this one up.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Staticfactory's Avatar Staticfactory
05-11-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN
Besides, damn my eyes makes little sense.. So let's see, you'd what? Damn your eyes to hell? What about the rest of you? Your eyes are what allow you to see, if you dim them, you slightly alter that ability so you don't have to see something quite as clearly. That makes a hell of lot more sense to me.
Ask your parents. "Damn my eyes/Damn your eyes" is a very common phrase. "Dim my eyes" would make no sense, considering your eyes are not a source of light... unless your name is "Bright Eyes."

Last edited by Staticfactory; 05-11-2006 at 12:59 PM..
Old 05-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Besides, damn my eyes makes little sense.. So let's see, you'd what? Damn your eyes to hell? What about the rest of you? Your eyes are what allow you to see, if you dim them, you slightly alter that ability so you don't have to see something quite as clearly. That makes a hell of lot more sense to me.
Ask your parents. "Damn my eyes/Damn your eyes" is a very common phrase. "Dim my eyes" would make no sense, considering your eyes are not a source of light... unless your name is "Bright Eyes."

Last edited by Staticfactory; 05-11-2006 at 12:59 PM..
enigma00
05-11-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?Cogito Ergo Sum?
Nope; the second time HAS to be "Jambi eyes" You can clearly hear the J at the beginning, the b in the middle and the s at the end.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #49
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?Cogito Ergo Sum?
Nope; the second time HAS to be "Jambi eyes" You can clearly hear the J at the beginning, the b in the middle and the s at the end.
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticfactory

I didn't say anything about eyes being a source of light, I said dimming your eyes makes things less clear. And honestly I've never heard the phrase "damn my eyes", I think you're just making that up!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticfactory

I didn't say anything about eyes being a source of light, I said dimming your eyes makes things less clear. And honestly I've never heard the phrase "damn my eyes", I think you're just making that up!
05-11-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I had never heard of the phrase "shit the bed" until recently - just because I had never heard of it doesn't mean other people in the world weren't using it.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I had never heard of the phrase "shit the bed" until recently - just because I had never heard of it doesn't mean other people in the world weren't using it.
CaseLogic
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM

And whether or not it's "Dim" or "Damn" (I hear damn, and to me damn makes more sense), I clearly hear a 'j' sound in the second... the second one has got to be Jambi Eyes or something similar.

Damn/Dim my eyes,
Jambi eyes,
Damn/Dim my eyes if they...
Old 05-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

And whether or not it's "Dim" or "Damn" (I hear damn, and to me damn makes more sense), I clearly hear a 'j' sound in the second... the second one has got to be Jambi Eyes or something similar.

Damn/Dim my eyes,
Jambi eyes,
Damn/Dim my eyes if they...
Schaller
05-11-2006, 02:48 PM

Maynard probably will vary it anyway.

And I hear the same 3 lines as the thread starter.

Damn, Jam, Dim

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Maynard probably will vary it anyway.

And I hear the same 3 lines as the thread starter.

Damn, Jam, Dim

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
05-11-2006, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic
Alright dude, whatever..but I still contest that there is no "DA" sound or "JA" sound. Dim is heard so clearly on three different recordings of Jambi as I've stated earlier, but hey, I guess it doesn't really matter and I'm done arguing about it.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #54

Re: Dim my eyes, Dim my eyes, Dim my eyes

Quote:
Alright dude, whatever..but I still contest that there is no "DA" sound or "JA" sound. Dim is heard so clearly on three different recordings of Jambi as I've stated earlier, but hey, I guess it doesn't really matter and I'm done arguing about it.
05-11-2006, 06:15 PM

it's fuckin DAMN, i never thought otherwise for a second
Old 05-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #55
Level 4 - Thinker

it's fuckin DAMN, i never thought otherwise for a second
CaseLogic
05-11-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I can understand that for the first and third, but the second clearly starts wtih a "ja" sound... just clear your mind and listen to it. It's not the same D sound as the other two.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I can understand that for the first and third, but the second clearly starts wtih a "ja" sound... just clear your mind and listen to it. It's not the same D sound as the other two.
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-12-2006, 12:49 AM

Quote:
For fuck's sake.

If the song wasn't called Jambi you would not say "It's Jambi eyes!".

Explain to the class please exactly what 'Jambi eyes' means.

Show me where previously, Tool have just made up words IN THE LYRICS, not in the titles.

The only way "Jambi eyes" would make sense to the world at large is if it means "Eyes that see only Jambi" or "Eyes that were changed forever by Jambi".

Now considering that, how does that line make sense with the lines exactly before and after it which you concede are either "dim my eyes" or "damn my eyes".

"Kill me if these eyes that were changed forever by Jambi should compromise what I have with Jambi."

Because if Jambi is the subject of the song, whom he would give everything up for then that line makes NO FUCKING SENSE!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:49 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
For fuck's sake.

If the song wasn't called Jambi you would not say "It's Jambi eyes!".

Explain to the class please exactly what 'Jambi eyes' means.

Show me where previously, Tool have just made up words IN THE LYRICS, not in the titles.

The only way "Jambi eyes" would make sense to the world at large is if it means "Eyes that see only Jambi" or "Eyes that were changed forever by Jambi".

Now considering that, how does that line make sense with the lines exactly before and after it which you concede are either "dim my eyes" or "damn my eyes".

"Kill me if these eyes that were changed forever by Jambi should compromise what I have with Jambi."

Because if Jambi is the subject of the song, whom he would give everything up for then that line makes NO FUCKING SENSE!
05-12-2006, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure "shit the bed" is a phrase. I think it could be meant literally. Is there some interview or something that I missed that nard says "shit the bed" was being used as a phrase or metaphor for something else? I've never honestly heard that phrase being used like "oops..I fucked up again" or whatever. I'd like to get a reading from maynard on that one.

And again, let me say this one more time and I'll try and leave this subject alone after this, we have no idea why nard named this song Jambi, but there is no connection in the song that's readily apparent such as Jambi eyes..It's just ridiculous and I agree with the previous posting, it just makes no sense other than to really reach, to make some kind of connection with the title of the song! And maybe those of you that think they hear a "ja" sound are "hearing" that so that maybe the song and title can make more sense to you and you can justify the odd name.

So let go of the whole "ja" sound because it simply isn't there. Stick with either Dim or Damn...but the "da" sound just doesn't ...sigh..I'm promised I wouldn't go there again so ...

Last edited by SunBurN; 05-12-2006 at 06:53 AM..
Old 05-12-2006, 06:50 AM   #58

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure "shit the bed" is a phrase. I think it could be meant literally. Is there some interview or something that I missed that nard says "shit the bed" was being used as a phrase or metaphor for something else? I've never honestly heard that phrase being used like "oops..I fucked up again" or whatever. I'd like to get a reading from maynard on that one.

And again, let me say this one more time and I'll try and leave this subject alone after this, we have no idea why nard named this song Jambi, but there is no connection in the song that's readily apparent such as Jambi eyes..It's just ridiculous and I agree with the previous posting, it just makes no sense other than to really reach, to make some kind of connection with the title of the song! And maybe those of you that think they hear a "ja" sound are "hearing" that so that maybe the song and title can make more sense to you and you can justify the odd name.

So let go of the whole "ja" sound because it simply isn't there. Stick with either Dim or Damn...but the "da" sound just doesn't ...sigh..I'm promised I wouldn't go there again so ...

Last edited by SunBurN; 05-12-2006 at 06:53 AM..
scar's Avatar scar
05-12-2006, 07:17 AM

seriously, and this is the last post I make on this subject as well, but seriously, on the album he says, "JAMBI........eyes or ized." for real, the sound IS there. friends and family of mine have heard it without reading any lyrics thread. it's there.

not to directly contradict myself, but i was at the Kansas Fuckin' City show last night and i had a perfect profile view of maynard with the lit screen behind him, and i saw him say "Damn" "Damn" and clearly "Dim" on the third. also, he said the word "fulcrum" and trailed that right into "want and need divide me then i might as well be gone.."

Maynard also said different word in other parts. parts that i am 100% sure on from other albums, but were different last night. anyway, the "J" sound is there.....on the cd.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:17 AM   #59

seriously, and this is the last post I make on this subject as well, but seriously, on the album he says, "JAMBI........eyes or ized." for real, the sound IS there. friends and family of mine have heard it without reading any lyrics thread. it's there.

not to directly contradict myself, but i was at the Kansas Fuckin' City show last night and i had a perfect profile view of maynard with the lit screen behind him, and i saw him say "Damn" "Damn" and clearly "Dim" on the third. also, he said the word "fulcrum" and trailed that right into "want and need divide me then i might as well be gone.."

Maynard also said different word in other parts. parts that i am 100% sure on from other albums, but were different last night. anyway, the "J" sound is there.....on the cd.
05-12-2006, 08:03 AM

My god this is just going to go back and forth, back and forth until TooL publishes the lyrics on their site. We'll find out then.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:03 AM   #60

My god this is just going to go back and forth, back and forth until TooL publishes the lyrics on their site. We'll find out then.
05-12-2006, 09:01 AM

To me it really sounds like he says "Damn my eyes" then "Jam-bye". Hard to tell though
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #61
Level 2 - Poster

To me it really sounds like he says "Damn my eyes" then "Jam-bye". Hard to tell though
enigma00
05-12-2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma00
I'll say it again - you can clearly hear him say Jambi the second time. It's unmistakable.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #62
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma00
I'll say it again - you can clearly hear him say Jambi the second time. It's unmistakable.
CaseLogic
05-12-2006, 12:05 PM

I have no idea if he is saying Jambi the second time or not. However, I *will* say that there is a distinctive 'j' sound at the beginning of the word. Here's an exercise for you. Listen to that part of the song, and expect a "j" sound in front of each of the 3 instances. The first one, you can clearly tell it's not a j, but in the second one, it's there. I agree that no one knows wtf a Jambi Eye is, but since when was Maynard not allowed to use poetic license and make up anything he wants? It can be an allusion or metaphor that we haven't figured out yet.

Oh, and it was even more clearly a "J" at the Dallas show.

As for "shit the bed" - I didn't think it was a phrase, then I looked it up on urban dictionary... if urban dictionary says it's true, then it's gotta be! =P (it's the second definition).
Old 05-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

I have no idea if he is saying Jambi the second time or not. However, I *will* say that there is a distinctive 'j' sound at the beginning of the word. Here's an exercise for you. Listen to that part of the song, and expect a "j" sound in front of each of the 3 instances. The first one, you can clearly tell it's not a j, but in the second one, it's there. I agree that no one knows wtf a Jambi Eye is, but since when was Maynard not allowed to use poetic license and make up anything he wants? It can be an allusion or metaphor that we haven't figured out yet.

Oh, and it was even more clearly a "J" at the Dallas show.

As for "shit the bed" - I didn't think it was a phrase, then I looked it up on urban dictionary... if urban dictionary says it's true, then it's gotta be! =P (it's the second definition).
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
05-12-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:

Well I don't agree with you on the "ja" sound, but I've resigned myself to waiting for the lyrics to be posted on Tool's site so I'm not going to argue with you about it.

I did look up "shit the bed" in an urban dictionary and to my disbelief, it really is a term or phrase and its meaning is basically to fuck something up.

I guess I "shit the bed" on that one! ;)
Old 05-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #64

Quote:

Well I don't agree with you on the "ja" sound, but I've resigned myself to waiting for the lyrics to be posted on Tool's site so I'm not going to argue with you about it.

I did look up "shit the bed" in an urban dictionary and to my disbelief, it really is a term or phrase and its meaning is basically to fuck something up.

I guess I "shit the bed" on that one! ;)
05-12-2006, 11:34 PM

I thought Maynard personally sent the lyrics himself to Kabir and toolshed. Is the man himself gonna shed some light on this?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #65

Bincount™: 5

I thought Maynard personally sent the lyrics himself to Kabir and toolshed. Is the man himself gonna shed some light on this?
Koan's Avatar Koan
05-13-2006, 08:01 AM

I can't say I am completely sure...but most of the times I hear 'dim'...although what you expect to hear can really alter what you hear. I sometimes hear 'jambi' too. All are beautiful. I don't mind not being sure.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
Old 05-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #66
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

I can't say I am completely sure...but most of the times I hear 'dim'...although what you expect to hear can really alter what you hear. I sometimes hear 'jambi' too. All are beautiful. I don't mind not being sure.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
05-13-2006, 08:23 AM

For the 10000th time, it IS NOT JAMBI EYES! It makes so much more sense to be Dim/Damn, and that's what it sounds like to me as well.

If you hear JAM, its because Maynard's pronunciation of the letter D. This isn't the first word he's sung where his D sounds like a J or a DS or something. Its just his funky voice and funky pronunciation. You can hear this all over Vicarious too.

The first time he says "cause I need to watch things die", and "while the whole world dies" almost sounds like it. So please, stop saying JAMBI EYES, the stupidest line I've ever heard.

Last edited by evil agent; 05-13-2006 at 08:26 AM..
Old 05-13-2006, 08:23 AM   #67
Level 7 - Loquacious

For the 10000th time, it IS NOT JAMBI EYES! It makes so much more sense to be Dim/Damn, and that's what it sounds like to me as well.

If you hear JAM, its because Maynard's pronunciation of the letter D. This isn't the first word he's sung where his D sounds like a J or a DS or something. Its just his funky voice and funky pronunciation. You can hear this all over Vicarious too.

The first time he says "cause I need to watch things die", and "while the whole world dies" almost sounds like it. So please, stop saying JAMBI EYES, the stupidest line I've ever heard.

Last edited by evil agent; 05-13-2006 at 08:26 AM..
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
05-13-2006, 08:32 AM

I think its "Dim my eyes" becuase a don't really hear an "a" sound in there. He says it a few times and maybe I thought he just left it out the way he was singing.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:32 AM   #68
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

I think its "Dim my eyes" becuase a don't really hear an "a" sound in there. He says it a few times and maybe I thought he just left it out the way he was singing.
05-13-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent

I agreed with you until I heard the song live. The second line is clearly different, whether it's Jambi or another 'juh' sounding word.

Oh, and YOU'RE the stupidest line I've ever heard. What now?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:34 PM   #69
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

I agreed with you until I heard the song live. The second line is clearly different, whether it's Jambi or another 'juh' sounding word.

rustandwine's Avatar rustandwine
05-13-2006, 01:43 PM

Dim my eyes seems to make the most sense, given the light imagery: "shine on" and so forth.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #70
Level 1 - Lurker

Dim my eyes seems to make the most sense, given the light imagery: "shine on" and so forth.
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
05-13-2006, 02:52 PM

I cannot believe people man.... this is like making yourself thinkyou hear the word satan in stairway to heaven backwards.

It's damn my eyes... it isnt even logical to be anything else... but logic isnt a factor here
Old 05-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

I cannot believe people man.... this is like making yourself thinkyou hear the word satan in stairway to heaven backwards.

It's damn my eyes... it isnt even logical to be anything else... but logic isnt a factor here
05-13-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
What now? We duel, sir.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #72
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
What now? We duel, sir.
gorillamania
05-14-2006, 12:33 PM

Something entirely different to consider...

"Tear my eyes", As in make you cry.

It both sounds like it, and makes sense contextually.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #73
Level 1 - Lurker

Something entirely different to consider...

"Tear my eyes", As in make you cry.

It both sounds like it, and makes sense contextually.
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-14-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Notion
DAMN MY EYES...

DAMN MY EYES...

say it with me...

DAMN MY EYES...

IF you think it is anything else then kick yourself in the face for not being OGT enough to know how maynard sings when yelling.

say it again..

DAMN MY EYES

DAMN MY EYES

you all fail the entry test to verbal communication

there was a line in a song about being OGT wasnt there? haha

there is a "j" sound on the second, but its almost definatly damn my eyes as MJK clearly pronounces an "s" at the end.

*discalimer*
the views in this post are merely the opinion of edwards James Keenan (real name) and should not be taken to heart
Old 05-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #74

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Notion
DAMN MY EYES...

DAMN MY EYES...

say it with me...

DAMN MY EYES...

IF you think it is anything else then kick yourself in the face for not being OGT enough to know how maynard sings when yelling.

say it again..

DAMN MY EYES

DAMN MY EYES

you all fail the entry test to verbal communication

there was a line in a song about being OGT wasnt there? haha

there is a "j" sound on the second, but its almost definatly damn my eyes as MJK clearly pronounces an "s" at the end.

*discalimer*
the views in this post are merely the opinion of edwards James Keenan (real name) and should not be taken to heart
05-14-2006, 04:18 PM

There is no way it's Jambi/Jam my eyes. He does not make the J sound AT ALL. I don't know where you guys are getting this from, but its wrong.

Although Dim makes a lot more sense, i can't tell what he says for the first two, but the third is defenetly DIM. It's probably DIM all three times.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #75
Level 4 - Thinker

There is no way it's Jambi/Jam my eyes. He does not make the J sound AT ALL. I don't know where you guys are getting this from, but its wrong.

Although Dim makes a lot more sense, i can't tell what he says for the first two, but the third is defenetly DIM. It's probably DIM all three times.
PriceisRight's Avatar PriceisRight
05-14-2006, 05:10 PM

maybe if we can find out what jambi means then we can put this to rest.

oh...and it really sounds like damn my eyes.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #76

maybe if we can find out what jambi means then we can put this to rest.

oh...and it really sounds like damn my eyes.
Keep_Going_11:11
05-14-2006, 07:22 PM

im sorry the lyrics are damn my eye's seeing as Jambi eyes has no meaning wat so ever
Old 05-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #77
Level 1 - Lurker

im sorry the lyrics are damn my eye's seeing as Jambi eyes has no meaning wat so ever
TheBigTool
05-14-2006, 08:26 PM

On the album I thought the 2nd one sounded a lot like Jambi eyes but now having heard a live recording it seems pretty clear he isn't saying Jambi eyes. After multiple listens it sounds to me like damn, damn, then dim.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #78
Level 3 - Talker

On the album I thought the 2nd one sounded a lot like Jambi eyes but now having heard a live recording it seems pretty clear he isn't saying Jambi eyes. After multiple listens it sounds to me like damn, damn, then dim.
dissonance19
05-14-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:

LOL

But yeah, I hear different things each time so I have no idea.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #79

Bincount™: 17

Quote:

LOL

But yeah, I hear different things each time so I have no idea.
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
05-16-2006, 11:17 AM

Ok, this whole dim/damn/jambi thing is bugging me so I've been working on it...

In trying to figure it out, I've now listened to 4 different live versions plus the album version of Jambi and I've done it using music morpher, adaucity, soundforge and using eq's from various programs to slow down the song, filter out the music, and everything else I could think of to try and hear exactly what he's saying, and the result is, he's saying Dim my eyes.

There was one occasion on the Texas show that after the first Dim my eyes, his voice made a "j" sound for a second then it was clearly the "im" sound like he says "J..dim my eyes..." but that's it. After listening to all of these different versions, there is no "da" sound at all so just give up on that idea and I 100% will be proven correct on this when he finally releases the lyrics. I think there is a sliver of a chance there might be "j" sound, in the second part but, it could be just the way he slurred his voice/breathy sound before saying Dim so I'm not 100% sure on that.

So I know that again, no matter what I say, those of you that are trying to make a connection and make sense out of the title of the song are still going to insist that it's Jambi eyes or whatever and those of you that think that "damn" sounds cooler or whatever are still going to hear "Damn" and there is nothing I can do about that.

As for other parts of this song in question, I'm still working on those.

*edit*

and just so everyone knows, and I make this clear now, this is just my opinion after spending a lot of time and using various methods to try and figure this out and satisfy my own curiosity. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine and you can take it for what you will.

Last edited by SunBurN; 05-17-2006 at 10:14 AM..
Old 05-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #80

Ok, this whole dim/damn/jambi thing is bugging me so I've been working on it...

In trying to figure it out, I've now listened to 4 different live versions plus the album version of Jambi and I've done it using music morpher, adaucity, soundforge and using eq's from various programs to slow down the song, filter out the music, and everything else I could think of to try and hear exactly what he's saying, and the result is, he's saying Dim my eyes.

There was one occasion on the Texas show that after the first Dim my eyes, his voice made a "j" sound for a second then it was clearly the "im" sound like he says "J..dim my eyes..." but that's it. After listening to all of these different versions, there is no "da" sound at all so just give up on that idea and I 100% will be proven correct on this when he finally releases the lyrics. I think there is a sliver of a chance there might be "j" sound, in the second part but, it could be just the way he slurred his voice/breathy sound before saying Dim so I'm not 100% sure on that.

So I know that again, no matter what I say, those of you that are trying to make a connection and make sense out of the title of the song are still going to insist that it's Jambi eyes or whatever and those of you that think that "damn" sounds cooler or whatever are still going to hear "Damn" and there is nothing I can do about that.

As for other parts of this song in question, I'm still working on those.

*edit*

and just so everyone knows, and I make this clear now, this is just my opinion after spending a lot of time and using various methods to try and figure this out and satisfy my own curiosity. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine and you can take it for what you will.

Last edited by SunBurN; 05-17-2006 at 10:14 AM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply