Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Neurotripsicks's Avatar Neurotripsicks
04-12-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
I've listened to the song many times, on the record, in concert and in live recordings. "Shine down" is mentioned.

You seem to be in the business of ignoring any valid information and instead choose to be an uppity asshole, bringing some outside arguement here where you are clearly in the wrong.
No, I've seen them live and not once did that come out. I'm just sayin, listen more.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #1161
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02 - Jambi lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
I've listened to the song many times, on the record, in concert and in live recordings. "Shine down" is mentioned.

You seem to be in the business of ignoring any valid information and instead choose to be an uppity asshole, bringing some outside arguement here where you are clearly in the wrong.
No, I've seen them live and not once did that come out. I'm just sayin, listen more.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-12-2012, 03:52 PM

yeah man, ya gotta listen BEYOND what's actually sung. [btw "severed" complete fits the track/idea; so answer elusiv's question (re: "center" making more sense) ...should be good]
Old 04-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #1162
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

yeah man, ya gotta listen BEYOND what's actually sung. [btw "severed" complete fits the track/idea; so answer elusiv's question (re: "center" making more sense) ...should be good]
04-14-2012, 07:17 AM

Within Jambi there suggests other ideas on why I believe it's Center not Severed. Not being severed absolutely makes no sense what-so-ever, but how Center fits in the song, the album and also what Carey and Maynard have been practicing since Ænima.

Lets take a look at another song on 10,000 Days called The Pot. What most of you don't realize is the use of the word Indigo. It's not random, it's meaningful. The 6th Chakra, the command or Third Eye.

Chakra Six: Color/Indigo
Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection
Dwelling: Intuition

What does that have to do with "Center" and "Jambi"? Chakra Centers...that's another song, another story BUT, Tool have been known, or at least known to people that study their music frequently, to delve into Chakras, Kundalini and other spiritual methods concerning Buddhism and Hinduism.

An interview with Alex Grey I happened to see a while back also helped provoke the "center". He refers to this while talking about when he was "developing" Net Of Being (which later became the album artwork for 10,000 Days) in Brazil after doubling up on ayahuasca. Anyone who has seen the official Vicarious video knows what I'm talking about. And don't ask me about ayahuasca, this isn't the Rosetta Stoned lyrics discussion.

Also in Jambi:

"You're my piece of mind my whole my 'center'....."

Interesting line in the song. Read that for a while until you have an epiphany.

Hmmm center, center....center. Shine on through the center shine until the two become one. Oh! No way....no way! We are all one consciousness, seperated we are nothing, together in the center we are...whole, complete. Reflection? Bill Hicks? Anyways...

"Within each person, there is a "center" where "you", the essence of who you are and consider yourself to be, is located. It is not a physical place, rather it is where the certainty of your confidence is. When you are distressed, it is good to contemplate this "essence place" in order to reconnect with the calm certainty that is your self." - anonymous

If the center within ANY chakra is jeapordized, mental vision becomes cloudy and a being becomes more and more apathetic. Seriously, this is a common sense issue. Who doesn't know Tool has taken this route with their music? Either way, Tool do not put lyrics in their albums for a reason. That reason being anyone can interpret their songs in their own way, each song strikes everyone differently. If someone thinks "Dim" instead of "Damn", maybe that works better for them.
I don't do that anymore though, I use occam's razor when analyzing anything with subtlety and because of occam's razor I hear "Damn", "Center", "Silent Legion" etcetera.

I recommend studying chakras more and learning how the center within us is crucial to developing a clear state of mind, well being and also how to open certain Chakras. Not just the Ajna either, but all 7.

EDIT: I happen to think it's amazing how a band so popular is yet so esoteric. That's unique.

Last edited by Neurotripsicks; 04-14-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #1163
Level 3 - Talker

Within Jambi there suggests other ideas on why I believe it's Center not Severed. Not being severed absolutely makes no sense what-so-ever, but how Center fits in the song, the album and also what Carey and Maynard have been practicing since Ænima.

Lets take a look at another song on 10,000 Days called The Pot. What most of you don't realize is the use of the word Indigo. It's not random, it's meaningful. The 6th Chakra, the command or Third Eye.

Chakra Six: Color/Indigo
Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection
Dwelling: Intuition

What does that have to do with "Center" and "Jambi"? Chakra Centers...that's another song, another story BUT, Tool have been known, or at least known to people that study their music frequently, to delve into Chakras, Kundalini and other spiritual methods concerning Buddhism and Hinduism.

An interview with Alex Grey I happened to see a while back also helped provoke the "center". He refers to this while talking about when he was "developing" Net Of Being (which later became the album artwork for 10,000 Days) in Brazil after doubling up on ayahuasca. Anyone who has seen the official Vicarious video knows what I'm talking about. And don't ask me about ayahuasca, this isn't the Rosetta Stoned lyrics discussion.

Also in Jambi:

"You're my piece of mind my whole my 'center'....."

Interesting line in the song. Read that for a while until you have an epiphany.

Hmmm center, center....center. Shine on through the center shine until the two become one. Oh! No way....no way! We are all one consciousness, seperated we are nothing, together in the center we are...whole, complete. Reflection? Bill Hicks? Anyways...

"Within each person, there is a "center" where "you", the essence of who you are and consider yourself to be, is located. It is not a physical place, rather it is where the certainty of your confidence is. When you are distressed, it is good to contemplate this "essence place" in order to reconnect with the calm certainty that is your self." - anonymous

If the center within ANY chakra is jeapordized, mental vision becomes cloudy and a being becomes more and more apathetic. Seriously, this is a common sense issue. Who doesn't know Tool has taken this route with their music? Either way, Tool do not put lyrics in their albums for a reason. That reason being anyone can interpret their songs in their own way, each song strikes everyone differently. If someone thinks "Dim" instead of "Damn", maybe that works better for them.
I don't do that anymore though, I use occam's razor when analyzing anything with subtlety and because of occam's razor I hear "Damn", "Center", "Silent Legion" etcetera.

I recommend studying chakras more and learning how the center within us is crucial to developing a clear state of mind, well being and also how to open certain Chakras. Not just the Ajna either, but all 7.

EDIT: I happen to think it's amazing how a band so popular is yet so esoteric. That's unique.

Last edited by Neurotripsicks; 04-14-2012 at 07:22 AM..
04-14-2012, 07:47 AM

metaphor for a missing moment pull me into your perfect sever one womb one shape one resolve liberate this will to release us all gotta cut away clear away snip away and center this umbilical residue that's keeping me from killing you
Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #1164
Level 10 - Vehement

metaphor for a missing moment pull me into your perfect sever one womb one shape one resolve liberate this will to release us all gotta cut away clear away snip away and center this umbilical residue that's keeping me from killing you
04-14-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
metaphor for a missing moment pull me into your perfect circle one womb one shape one resolve liberate this will to release us all gotta cut away clear away snip away and sever this umbilical residue that's keeping me from killing you

Yeah, that makes complete sense but one small problem with that. Just because a word is used by the same singer in a different band in a song completely irrelevant to anything dealing with Tool or the lyrics to Jambi doesn't mean it's constant.

It was funny though I'll give ya that, I laughed :p
Old 04-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #1165
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
metaphor for a missing moment pull me into your perfect circle one womb one shape one resolve liberate this will to release us all gotta cut away clear away snip away and sever this umbilical residue that's keeping me from killing you

Yeah, that makes complete sense but one small problem with that. Just because a word is used by the same singer in a different band in a song completely irrelevant to anything dealing with Tool or the lyrics to Jambi doesn't mean it's constant.

It was funny though I'll give ya that, I laughed :p
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM

i was right, thank you for responding.

good. i'm glad you laughed. because it also disproves your lil' occam's razor implementation. if the dispute exists of aural subtleties, then the context of all words and musical composition surrounding the discrepancy might be something to "look" into (see: earballs). however, as even you have stated, when it comes to TOOL - probably more than any other band in the world - this would just lead to more subtleties (by way of subjective interpretation). in fact, an entire wrap of occam's razor esque aural "triggers" could be utilized with the full intention of "swaying" listener appreciation and/or interpretation of the track ...from the most passive listener, to the most intently active. and if "rosetta stoned" is a message for the fan: YOU BETTER LISTEN! hint hint! it's clever, and the band's all about optical illusions, destroying preconceptions, and playing the trickster ...hence april tool's day. never be too certain of any THNG.

take "the pot" for example. does he say "asshole" or "ass, so..."? or does maynard even utter a single "offensive" word throughout all of lateralus (most claim track 8)? this is precisely why tool drags their feet on releasing album lyrics. gets you to wonder, gets you to shut off all external stimuli and just sit with the song ...patient and aware. deeply breathing. but ...you know, eventually they do get released. still, we see obvious ommisions and some mixed up phrases ...but the meat of the dish is the same, severed up and served out for you. example (from toolshed): though the "official" transcript does say "sun kissed", this may be one of the many typos on all of Tool's official transcripts. [i still think it's "sun kissed" ...like in the vicarious vid - actually i don't think there is a single brand name product in that song (why the hell would there be?) ...and yeah it still makes MORE sense to me]

here's the thing. i'm not so sure i trust my ears, and my mind is usually too far in front of me, or too far behind me. if i had it together then i'd be the one on stage in front of thousands. i mean, think about it. music. sound. vibrations of energy. infinite in, infinite out. all right here, yet all without. it is as pure as all physics, all stellar influences involved, and whatever created that ...or this. i meant THIS. really, it's far more THIS than it could ever be "that" :points finger away from the self as if it meant someTHING even though it doesn't: 'cause we are not SEVERED from one another, "we are all one mind" ...it is only an illusion of our disharmonic level of consciousness (44&2?), a "fevered ego" false sense of self ...that keeps us "pointing the finger AT everything (but his heart)". hence the "need to watch THINGS die". and no i'm not just throwing songs together for the hell of it. the narrative fits well and goes the distance, even into bill hicks territory. you'll be amazed. truly. initial occam's razor though might suggest that this cannot be possible. actually ...seems like you're ahead of me on this one: "Just because a word is used by the same singer in a different band in a song completely irrelevant to anything dealing with Tool or the lyrics to Jambi doesn't mean it's constant." ...which is one way of looking at it.

anyway, back to remaining logically humble ...i need to triangulate my focus from a wide variety of viewpoints to get the best overall idea - which is one of the reasons i love this forum so much (lil' shoutout). now, i'm not sure what you'd do in this case ...but i've got google for brainz. mostly because it offers the most amount of readily available - and often new - information. google: tool lyrics. or circumvent fan sites and get it direct from the source. toolband. well okay, so now you realize that 10k days hasn't been posted on toolband.com ...enter toolshed: These are the lyrics straight from the source. They form a blueprint for each performance of each song. They may vary at times, but the above words were typed by the guy who sings them. Let them be your starting point.

and if that's not enough, then you've come to the right place. fuck consensus (i tend to agree). let's do this personal interpretation by personal interpretation. so now your claim against sever is that it doesn't make sense "what-so-ever". but it does. as i've mentioned above. sever compliments the narrative throughout all of tool's career AND suggests ties between "jambi" and a perfect circle's catalogue (specifically "orestes"). convention suggests different band, different everything ...but nothing about tool or maynard would suggest that they'd prefer conventional thinking. so you know, check yourself before you ...you know. do you know how often crowley et esoterica are cross referenced to express a single idea? amoungst artists, musicians, alchemists alike? throughout hundreds, even thousands, or years ...of various culture texts and symbols? but NO WAY, can't be possible!!! not within tool's discography.

"Forgetting who I was for the first time in my life, just a scared little creature with a featureless body, all I could do was feel and see. That is when you know how infinite the universe is, when you have no reference point (cognition). Nothing to compare any thing to. Just a bunch of sensory data experienced by an Infant." - excerpt from a letter by a TOOL fan

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-14-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #1166
Level 10 - Vehement

i was right, thank you for responding.

good. i'm glad you laughed. because it also disproves your lil' occam's razor implementation. if the dispute exists of aural subtleties, then the context of all words and musical composition surrounding the discrepancy might be something to "look" into (see: earballs). however, as even you have stated, when it comes to TOOL - probably more than any other band in the world - this would just lead to more subtleties (by way of subjective interpretation). in fact, an entire wrap of occam's razor esque aural "triggers" could be utilized with the full intention of "swaying" listener appreciation and/or interpretation of the track ...from the most passive listener, to the most intently active. and if "rosetta stoned" is a message for the fan: YOU BETTER LISTEN! hint hint! it's clever, and the band's all about optical illusions, destroying preconceptions, and playing the trickster ...hence april tool's day. never be too certain of any THNG.

take "the pot" for example. does he say "asshole" or "ass, so..."? or does maynard even utter a single "offensive" word throughout all of lateralus (most claim track 8)? this is precisely why tool drags their feet on releasing album lyrics. gets you to wonder, gets you to shut off all external stimuli and just sit with the song ...patient and aware. deeply breathing. but ...you know, eventually they do get released. still, we see obvious ommisions and some mixed up phrases ...but the meat of the dish is the same, severed up and served out for you. example (from toolshed): though the "official" transcript does say "sun kissed", this may be one of the many typos on all of Tool's official transcripts. [i still think it's "sun kissed" ...like in the vicarious vid - actually i don't think there is a single brand name product in that song (why the hell would there be?) ...and yeah it still makes MORE sense to me]

here's the thing. i'm not so sure i trust my ears, and my mind is usually too far in front of me, or too far behind me. if i had it together then i'd be the one on stage in front of thousands. i mean, think about it. music. sound. vibrations of energy. infinite in, infinite out. all right here, yet all without. it is as pure as all physics, all stellar influences involved, and whatever created that ...or this. i meant THIS. really, it's far more THIS than it could ever be "that" :points finger away from the self as if it meant someTHING even though it doesn't: 'cause we are not SEVERED from one another, "we are all one mind" ...it is only an illusion of our disharmonic level of consciousness (44&2?), a "fevered ego" false sense of self ...that keeps us "pointing the finger AT everything (but his heart)". hence the "need to watch THINGS die". and no i'm not just throwing songs together for the hell of it. the narrative fits well and goes the distance, even into bill hicks territory. you'll be amazed. truly. initial occam's razor though might suggest that this cannot be possible. actually ...seems like you're ahead of me on this one: "Just because a word is used by the same singer in a different band in a song completely irrelevant to anything dealing with Tool or the lyrics to Jambi doesn't mean it's constant." ...which is one way of looking at it.

anyway, back to remaining logically humble ...i need to triangulate my focus from a wide variety of viewpoints to get the best overall idea - which is one of the reasons i love this forum so much (lil' shoutout). now, i'm not sure what you'd do in this case ...but i've got google for brainz. mostly because it offers the most amount of readily available - and often new - information. google: tool lyrics. or circumvent fan sites and get it direct from the source. toolband. well okay, so now you realize that 10k days hasn't been posted on toolband.com ...enter toolshed: These are the lyrics straight from the source. They form a blueprint for each performance of each song. They may vary at times, but the above words were typed by the guy who sings them. Let them be your starting point.

and if that's not enough, then you've come to the right place. fuck consensus (i tend to agree). let's do this personal interpretation by personal interpretation. so now your claim against sever is that it doesn't make sense "what-so-ever". but it does. as i've mentioned above. sever compliments the narrative throughout all of tool's career AND suggests ties between "jambi" and a perfect circle's catalogue (specifically "orestes"). convention suggests different band, different everything ...but nothing about tool or maynard would suggest that they'd prefer conventional thinking. so you know, check yourself before you ...you know. do you know how often crowley et esoterica are cross referenced to express a single idea? amoungst artists, musicians, alchemists alike? throughout hundreds, even thousands, or years ...of various culture texts and symbols? but NO WAY, can't be possible!!! not within tool's discography.

"Forgetting who I was for the first time in my life, just a scared little creature with a featureless body, all I could do was feel and see. That is when you know how infinite the universe is, when you have no reference point (cognition). Nothing to compare any thing to. Just a bunch of sensory data experienced by an Infant." - excerpt from a letter by a TOOL fan

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-14-2012 at 09:50 AM..
04-14-2012, 10:07 AM

i had a goldfish named ajna
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #1167
Level 10 - Vehement

i had a goldfish named ajna
04-14-2012, 10:23 AM

I just want to say that I have no intention of displaying an ego on here. Sometimes it's hard to express my feelings on a keyboard, actually, all the time it is. All I know from what I've learned is this band is steering me towards the direction of something no other band could even possibly fathom. Like I said earlier, I am not trying to say I am right and everyone elses opinion is wrong, all I am saying is this is what I hear (wish I could italicize) and I am open to anything. Always open. It's extremely hard to practice humility anymore, especially now days since the media is brainwashing kids to trash moral and family values. Anyways, I hear and understand "center" in Jambi. TO ME it makes sense, not because of occam's razor, I can hear him say it. Everything Lateralus has taught us we should know this by now.

Nice name for that goldfish btw
Old 04-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #1168
Level 3 - Talker

I just want to say that I have no intention of displaying an ego on here. Sometimes it's hard to express my feelings on a keyboard, actually, all the time it is. All I know from what I've learned is this band is steering me towards the direction of something no other band could even possibly fathom. Like I said earlier, I am not trying to say I am right and everyone elses opinion is wrong, all I am saying is this is what I hear (wish I could italicize) and I am open to anything. Always open. It's extremely hard to practice humility anymore, especially now days since the media is brainwashing kids to trash moral and family values. Anyways, I hear and understand "center" in Jambi. TO ME it makes sense, not because of occam's razor, I can hear him say it. Everything Lateralus has taught us we should know this by now.

Nice name for that goldfish btw
04-14-2012, 11:09 AM

1177 posts deep on just this one song ...has gotta count for something. only "right in two" beats it out ...and we all know why, we all know which line it is. but the lyrics in jambi have a few instances of uncertainty, which on their own seem to influence the others (i.e. if you hear this now, you'll hear that later) ...which indeed makes it tough ...but the fact that these discrepancies can weave and dance around each other to compliment ...as well as contradict(!) ...is ...well, i don't know. do we have a name for it? do we -need- to name it? i know i can't do it! well, not intentionally at least. certainly not like tool. i mean, it happens all the time in conversation. i don't know what it is about me or how i communicate with others, but i get into trouble A LOT, even with the best of intentions ...even with further clarification ...even in my own family. perhaps i've tripped too often(?) but 'misunderstandings' - as a general concept - happen to me all the time. [this isn't a racism commentary btw]. some people are so habitual or stubborn that you know they're gonna hear something you say in a certain light, or perhaps darkness ...the cynics out there are nearly impossible to talk to, and forget watching a movie with them (...but then i wonder if i'm really meeting them half way?) blah blah blah... whole 'nother conversation...

anyways, everything you said up there (1176) is e-prime and dandy. the grass appears green to me, too. also ...the fevered ego thing was more of an allusion to hicks, nothing t'wards you.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #1169
Level 10 - Vehement

1177 posts deep on just this one song ...has gotta count for something. only "right in two" beats it out ...and we all know why, we all know which line it is. but the lyrics in jambi have a few instances of uncertainty, which on their own seem to influence the others (i.e. if you hear this now, you'll hear that later) ...which indeed makes it tough ...but the fact that these discrepancies can weave and dance around each other to compliment ...as well as contradict(!) ...is ...well, i don't know. do we have a name for it? do we -need- to name it? i know i can't do it! well, not intentionally at least. certainly not like tool. i mean, it happens all the time in conversation. i don't know what it is about me or how i communicate with others, but i get into trouble A LOT, even with the best of intentions ...even with further clarification ...even in my own family. perhaps i've tripped too often(?) but 'misunderstandings' - as a general concept - happen to me all the time. [this isn't a racism commentary btw]. some people are so habitual or stubborn that you know they're gonna hear something you say in a certain light, or perhaps darkness ...the cynics out there are nearly impossible to talk to, and forget watching a movie with them (...but then i wonder if i'm really meeting them half way?) blah blah blah... whole 'nother conversation...

anyways, everything you said up there (1176) is e-prime and dandy. the grass appears green to me, too. also ...the fevered ego thing was more of an allusion to hicks, nothing t'wards you.
04-14-2012, 11:21 AM

Severed FTW......lazy day so I'll keep it short. "Shine down upon the severed, shine until the two become one." I don't understand how this doesn't make perfect sense to any logical being capable of rational thought.

He's saying shine upon the broken, the split apart, the "SEVERED" with the light, the love, whatever metaphor he may intend until the "SEVERED" can become one again.

I suppose center could somewhat fit in the lyrics and still make sense but just chill out and accept the fact that you're wrong.

PEACE
Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #1170
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Severed FTW......lazy day so I'll keep it short. "Shine down upon the severed, shine until the two become one." I don't understand how this doesn't make perfect sense to any logical being capable of rational thought.

He's saying shine upon the broken, the split apart, the "SEVERED" with the light, the love, whatever metaphor he may intend until the "SEVERED" can become one again.

I suppose center could somewhat fit in the lyrics and still make sense but just chill out and accept the fact that you're wrong.

PEACE
04-14-2012, 12:23 PM

CANNUH GET AN AMEN?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I don't understand how this doesn't make perfect sense to any logical being capable of rational thought.
Therein lies the problem, amirite?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #1171
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

CANNUH GET AN AMEN?!

Quote:
I don't understand how this doesn't make perfect sense to any logical being capable of rational thought.
Therein lies the problem, amirite?
Neurotripsicks's Avatar Neurotripsicks
04-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Severed "Shine down upon the severed, shine until the two become one."

I think it's funny how people hear an illusion of "down" in that song. He never says "shine down"...ever. not once ever. People think it's "Sun" and imediately assume and conjure up other words describing that premise. Well, ...I hate to break it to you, and the other people that think it's "Sun" but it's not .... it's "Son". Once you understand that one word within Jambi and analyse the song (not over analyzing) as a whole with THAT premise, you will then begin to understand why "center" is crucial and how it is important not only to Jambi, but 10,000 Days in general. Don't hate me, you'll get it one day...or maybe not. Who knows ;)

Quote:

I'm open to anything. It's hard to live life like Reflection has taught me. Although, I can understand different opinions and theories about Tool songs and albums etc, etc.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #1172
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Severed "Shine down upon the severed, shine until the two become one."

I think it's funny how people hear an illusion of "down" in that song. He never says "shine down"...ever. not once ever. People think it's "Sun" and imediately assume and conjure up other words describing that premise. Well, ...I hate to break it to you, and the other people that think it's "Sun" but it's not .... it's "Son". Once you understand that one word within Jambi and analyse the song (not over analyzing) as a whole with THAT premise, you will then begin to understand why "center" is crucial and how it is important not only to Jambi, but 10,000 Days in general. Don't hate me, you'll get it one day...or maybe not. Who knows ;)

Quote:

I'm open to anything. It's hard to live life like Reflection has taught me. Although, I can understand different opinions and theories about Tool songs and albums etc, etc.
04-15-2012, 12:03 AM

severed still works with the whole endocrinal system you're talking about. have you ever seen that parabola dvd menu bumper? or any of the vicarious video? how does severed NOT work? bc you hear center?

but c'mon, when your mind is still and physical self forgotten (alex grey's mindfold, cupped headphones, and all), when all cognition of your body melts off into oblivion, you will know that there is a world of difference between "sever" and "severed". do you hear "centered" at least? i've heard some soft t's before but this phonetic challenge is truncating the full duration of what's being sung.

there's a hard d and then air, or in musical terms ...a rest. it carries the lyrical rhythm that extra all-important step ...and yeah it is as necessary as i'm making it. it makes shit pop! and clashes perfectly with what the bass is doing there (one of my fav. tool riffs).

also, the center of 1 makes more sense than the center of 2. unless there were 3, in which case it'd be the center 1 of 2 (no wait that's still 2 ...center 1 of 3). i'm not maynard, but i think "middle" works better than "center" in this case. might be a knitpick, tho. i've been using google sketchup too much i'm sure.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-15-2012 at 12:10 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #1173
Level 10 - Vehement

severed still works with the whole endocrinal system you're talking about. have you ever seen that parabola dvd menu bumper? or any of the vicarious video? how does severed NOT work? bc you hear center?

but c'mon, when your mind is still and physical self forgotten (alex grey's mindfold, cupped headphones, and all), when all cognition of your body melts off into oblivion, you will know that there is a world of difference between "sever" and "severed". do you hear "centered" at least? i've heard some soft t's before but this phonetic challenge is truncating the full duration of what's being sung.

there's a hard d and then air, or in musical terms ...a rest. it carries the lyrical rhythm that extra all-important step ...and yeah it is as necessary as i'm making it. it makes shit pop! and clashes perfectly with what the bass is doing there (one of my fav. tool riffs).

also, the center of 1 makes more sense than the center of 2. unless there were 3, in which case it'd be the center 1 of 2 (no wait that's still 2 ...center 1 of 3). i'm not maynard, but i think "middle" works better than "center" in this case. might be a knitpick, tho. i've been using google sketchup too much i'm sure.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-15-2012 at 12:10 AM..
04-15-2012, 12:15 AM

pulled from right in two thread:

When we're "one" we're whole, when we're seperated, we're constantly confused and lacking communication with one another - Neurotripsicks

see? you understand the "i'm broken, lookin' up to see the enemy" severed and disharmonic consciousness as mentioned in jambi. seems to me like the same idea. "and i don't want to feel this overwhelming hostilityyyyyyyyyyy!"
Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #1174
Level 10 - Vehement

When we're "one" we're whole, when we're seperated, we're constantly confused and lacking communication with one another - Neurotripsicks

see? you understand the "i'm broken, lookin' up to see the enemy" severed and disharmonic consciousness as mentioned in jambi. seems to me like the same idea. "and i don't want to feel this overwhelming hostilityyyyyyyyyyy!"
04-15-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:

lol you know I'm right why do you keep harassing me :P
Old 04-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #1175
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

lol you know I'm right why do you keep harassing me :P
04-15-2012, 12:36 AM

i had a headache that woke me up but now it's gone yet i cannot sleep
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #1176
Level 10 - Vehement

i had a headache that woke me up but now it's gone yet i cannot sleep
04-15-2012, 02:05 AM

watch 2001, good movie. Actually, you know what freaked me out earlier today? I messed up the interlude to Jambi today playing steering wheel drums, you know the vamp before the 0000 0000 00 0 000 0 (which is a genius riff) the part that goes

00 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 0000 0 00 0 0000 0000
00 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 0000 0 00 0 0000 0000...............

0000 0000 00 0 0000......
Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #1177
Level 3 - Talker

watch 2001, good movie. Actually, you know what freaked me out earlier today? I messed up the interlude to Jambi today playing steering wheel drums, you know the vamp before the 0000 0000 00 0 000 0 (which is a genius riff) the part that goes

00 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 0000 0 00 0 0000 0000
00 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 00 0 00 0 0000 0 0000 0 00 0 0000 0000...............

0000 0000 00 0 0000......
CivilizedWarfare
02-02-2014, 12:40 AM

I can timestretch these songs and tell you guys what they say lol
Old 02-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #1178
Level 1 - Lurker

I can timestretch these songs and tell you guys what they say lol
Malaclypse
10-07-2014, 06:59 AM

is it "the devil and his had me down"? or is it "the devil's minions had me down."?
also, is it "save your poison" or "take your poison"?

other than those two questions i have, i think the lyrics are accurate.

and to someone who said it might be "dim my eyes," i think "damn my eyes" makes more sense, because damnation is divine punishment.. he essentially says "punish my eyes if they betray me"
Old 10-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #1179
Banned.

is it "the devil and his had me down"? or is it "the devil's minions had me down."?
also, is it "save your poison" or "take your poison"?

other than those two questions i have, i think the lyrics are accurate.

and to someone who said it might be "dim my eyes," i think "damn my eyes" makes more sense, because damnation is divine punishment.. he essentially says "punish my eyes if they betray me"

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply