Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
el enveloper
04-22-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFEZ
You are all Maynard's Sheep and isn't great that that ripped the albums title idea off DISTURBED? How unoriginal can you be! FUCK TOOL and all the TOOLS who follow the military dropout!
10,000 Fists

10,000 Days

WOW you're right they are the same thing. My bad.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #41
On Probation

Bincount™: 3
Re: 10k days the best fake album ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFEZ
You are all Maynard's Sheep and isn't great that that ripped the albums title idea off DISTURBED? How unoriginal can you be! FUCK TOOL and all the TOOLS who follow the military dropout!
10,000 Fists

10,000 Days

WOW you're right they are the same thing. My bad.
OFFLINE |  
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
04-22-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeythumbs
since we KNOW this isnt real...

COULD this be the best FAKE album ever???

discuss...

I agree, tool got most of us good. I cant wait until may 16th when the real album comes out.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #42
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeythumbs
since we KNOW this isnt real...

COULD this be the best FAKE album ever???

discuss...

I agree, tool got most of us good. I cant wait until may 16th when the real album comes out.
04-22-2006, 08:37 PM

I'm so confused. If they had these songs lying around, why not put them on Salival or something? What would be the point of a fake album? Although I'd like to believe we could get more than 8 songs after 4 years of waiting, this theory doesn't make sense.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #43
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972

I'm so confused. If they had these songs lying around, why not put them on Salival or something? What would be the point of a fake album? Although I'd like to believe we could get more than 8 songs after 4 years of waiting, this theory doesn't make sense.
OFFLINE |  
schmeng's Avatar schmeng
04-22-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles
may 16th? i'll be fucked if im waiting that long
Old 04-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #44
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles
may 16th? i'll be fucked if im waiting that long
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-22-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtard
No, it wasn't like this. No one thought it was a hoax or decoy. There were STYLISTIC gripes, but virtually no one said there were cohesion problems. No one accused them of slapping together a mediocre CD when Lateralus came out.
Perfectly summed up. No one ever questioned the recording quality, the lack of epic buildups, that turn into awful sounding chord progressions, recycled and overly repetative riffs, quite long segues, sketchy songwriting, average guitarwork- on lateralus.

Wether you love or hate the album, I don't understand how people aren't at least considering these very valid questions.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtard
No, it wasn't like this. No one thought it was a hoax or decoy. There were STYLISTIC gripes, but virtually no one said there were cohesion problems. No one accused them of slapping together a mediocre CD when Lateralus came out.
Perfectly summed up. No one ever questioned the recording quality, the lack of epic buildups, that turn into awful sounding chord progressions, recycled and overly repetative riffs, quite long segues, sketchy songwriting, average guitarwork- on lateralus.

Wether you love or hate the album, I don't understand how people aren't at least considering these very valid questions.
OFFLINE |  
schmeng's Avatar schmeng
04-22-2006, 08:45 PM

I don't see how the term "sketchy songwriting" and 'Lateralus' could even be put on the same page
Old 04-22-2006, 08:45 PM   #46
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I don't see how the term "sketchy songwriting" and 'Lateralus' could even be put on the same page
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-22-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeng
No, please read again. No one questioned these missing elements on Lateralus. There were no rumours of a hoax, b-side album, and for the most part fans were unified in their opinion it was an incredible album. I find 10KD to lack pretty much everything i love about Tool's music, and theres so many people questioning these same things that its enough to warrant a fair discussion about it.

Last edited by fault; 04-22-2006 at 08:53 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
No, please read again. No one questioned these missing elements on Lateralus. There were no rumours of a hoax, b-side album, and for the most part fans were unified in their opinion it was an incredible album. I find 10KD to lack pretty much everything i love about Tool's music, and theres so many people questioning these same things that its enough to warrant a fair discussion about it.

Last edited by fault; 04-22-2006 at 08:53 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson
04-22-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
No...he's saying no one questioned the quality of Lateralus when it leaked. Nobody thought it was sketchy. Unlike this leak we've been given.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

Quote:
No...he's saying no one questioned the quality of Lateralus when it leaked. Nobody thought it was sketchy. Unlike this leak we've been given.
OFFLINE |  
acid_intelligence
04-22-2006, 09:16 PM

Overthinking, overanalyzing........why can't people just wait until it is released......?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Overthinking, overanalyzing........why can't people just wait until it is released......?
OFFLINE |  
Bodhi
04-22-2006, 09:21 PM

People analyzing a fake leaked album is still fucking hilarious...Think of the progression folks: Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days...Now what fits out the most? April Fools for the whole month, the joke's been on us. lol
Old 04-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #50
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

People analyzing a fake leaked album is still fucking hilarious...Think of the progression folks: Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days...Now what fits out the most? April Fools for the whole month, the joke's been on us. lol
04-22-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
Spot on. It's such a bland album, theres kinda nothing to analyze.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
Spot on. It's such a bland album, theres kinda nothing to analyze.
04-22-2006, 09:42 PM

I still haven't listened to it and I have no plan to change this until the official release date, so either way I won't get a chance to listen to the "fake" album before the real one comes out.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #52
Level 1 - Lurker

I still haven't listened to it and I have no plan to change this until the official release date, so either way I won't get a chance to listen to the "fake" album before the real one comes out.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply