Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty Six & 2
-intermission-
Lateralus
Ænema

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 07-16-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
07.07.2010 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

Reviews only, please.

SETLIST

Third Eye
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty Six & 2
-intermission-
Lateralus
Ænema

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 07-16-2010 at 06:37 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Hnnsquatch
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Awsome show tonight, that was my 8th time seeing them and hands down best show yet. AMAZING visuals and the sounds was spot on. Same set list as the previous shows, third eye as the opener is out of this world.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.07.2010 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

Awsome show tonight, that was my 8th time seeing them and hands down best show yet. AMAZING visuals and the sounds was spot on. Same set list as the previous shows, third eye as the opener is out of this world.
OFFLINE |  
dietgrrrl
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM

SETLIST
Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema

Amazing show. Who needs drugs when you can see Tool live? Edmonton is a university town, so there was no surprise that Rexall Place was nearly packed out. The sound was absolutely wicked.
The Good: The Patient and Intolerance live! The opening of Third Eye with the Billy Burroughs video. The excitement and the atmosphere. Taking the LRT to and from town, there were screams of excitement from everyone. Everyone was grateful to experience Tool and it was a totally boss vibe. The whole of the hockey rink sang to Lateralus and Aenema.
The Bad: The show was in a hockey rink. Which meant that the people who did not get floor seats had to put up with security walking in front of them, constantly patrolling to stop people jumping the banister and running over to the mosh pit. The dude in front of me was quite big and sometimes took up a third of the stage. So I had to stand. As did most of the arena. I apologise to the people who were sitting behind me. I do not, however, apologise to the person behind me who booed constantly during Dalek's set. That's not how you open you mind to new kinds of music. That's how you get a kick in the freaking taco.
The Ugly: Security. I'm used to being patted down at a Tool show. No biggie. I'm not used to security being complete douchebags and shining torches into the audience for no good reason during a show. If someone was compromising safety or harassing someone, then they have a right to intervene. If some people choose to sit down while others around them are standing, that's their choice. The crowd tonight had a really good vibe, but it was marred somewhat by security/crowd control/venue.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

SETLIST
Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema

Amazing show. Who needs drugs when you can see Tool live? Edmonton is a university town, so there was no surprise that Rexall Place was nearly packed out. The sound was absolutely wicked.
The Good: The Patient and Intolerance live! The opening of Third Eye with the Billy Burroughs video. The excitement and the atmosphere. Taking the LRT to and from town, there were screams of excitement from everyone. Everyone was grateful to experience Tool and it was a totally boss vibe. The whole of the hockey rink sang to Lateralus and Aenema.
The Bad: The show was in a hockey rink. Which meant that the people who did not get floor seats had to put up with security walking in front of them, constantly patrolling to stop people jumping the banister and running over to the mosh pit. The dude in front of me was quite big and sometimes took up a third of the stage. So I had to stand. As did most of the arena. I apologise to the people who were sitting behind me. I do not, however, apologise to the person behind me who booed constantly during Dalek's set. That's not how you open you mind to new kinds of music. That's how you get a kick in the freaking taco.
The Ugly: Security. I'm used to being patted down at a Tool show. No biggie. I'm not used to security being complete douchebags and shining torches into the audience for no good reason during a show. If someone was compromising safety or harassing someone, then they have a right to intervene. If some people choose to sit down while others around them are standing, that's their choice. The crowd tonight had a really good vibe, but it was marred somewhat by security/crowd control/venue.
OFFLINE |  
BadSector
07-08-2010, 07:00 AM

4th show.

Amazing stage show, band sounded very tight, great setlist.

Maynard was not very talkative, he didn't make the comments about the time machine before Intolerance, or anything else really.

The floor was pretty laid back, a couple douchebags tried to get a most pit going, but it petered out thankfully.

One big negative though, was the amount of cigs being smoked. I can live with the pot, but leave the other smoke for after the show!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

4th show.

Amazing stage show, band sounded very tight, great setlist.

Maynard was not very talkative, he didn't make the comments about the time machine before Intolerance, or anything else really.

The floor was pretty laid back, a couple douchebags tried to get a most pit going, but it petered out thankfully.

One big negative though, was the amount of cigs being smoked. I can live with the pot, but leave the other smoke for after the show!
OFFLINE |  
merrymack
07-08-2010, 12:09 PM

Great show, very loud. Loved the experimental version of Stinkfist towards the end of that song, as well as a few new things they did to other songs... keeps it dynamic! Lighting and visuals were simply amazing, also, there were 3 or 4 new videos I had never seen before which were pretty cool. Maynard's voice was spot on and his singing was loud enough to hear for the most part, which was good (didn't want all the instruments to wash him out). Justin and Adam were hard at work Riffing it out... Danny was amazing as always, he should try out for the Lakers, he is big and tall enough!

Only gripe was sometimes the sound was washed out but that's probably to blame for the venue type (hockey arena) and how loud it was (had earplugs to adjust for that). I would have also liked to get closer seats just to see the the guys closer up but other then that there wasn't a bad seat in the house.

Overall they played great. The crowd seemed really into it and everyone wanted more after Aenima was done. Nice to see the Mosh Pit really get going for Aenima as well, brought me back to when they played Dinwoodie Lounge back in '94!

Kudos to the band, he whole production team and road crew!Hope you guys come back to E-town on a new Tour after the new Tool Album is out!

To all the upcoming cities... enjoy the Show!

Last edited by merrymack; 07-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: grammer error
Old 07-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show, very loud. Loved the experimental version of Stinkfist towards the end of that song, as well as a few new things they did to other songs... keeps it dynamic! Lighting and visuals were simply amazing, also, there were 3 or 4 new videos I had never seen before which were pretty cool. Maynard's voice was spot on and his singing was loud enough to hear for the most part, which was good (didn't want all the instruments to wash him out). Justin and Adam were hard at work Riffing it out... Danny was amazing as always, he should try out for the Lakers, he is big and tall enough!

Only gripe was sometimes the sound was washed out but that's probably to blame for the venue type (hockey arena) and how loud it was (had earplugs to adjust for that). I would have also liked to get closer seats just to see the the guys closer up but other then that there wasn't a bad seat in the house.

Overall they played great. The crowd seemed really into it and everyone wanted more after Aenima was done. Nice to see the Mosh Pit really get going for Aenima as well, brought me back to when they played Dinwoodie Lounge back in '94!

Kudos to the band, he whole production team and road crew!Hope you guys come back to E-town on a new Tour after the new Tool Album is out!

To all the upcoming cities... enjoy the Show!

Last edited by merrymack; 07-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: grammer error
OFFLINE |  
soultoheaven
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM

This my second opportunity to see Tool live and I was blown away, this concert was truly an experience of a lifetime and one that I won't soon forget. Even though it's a rink I thought the sound was very good, I was in 204 R 35 and it was clear but I could imagine close to the stage would have been very loud. The visuals were incredible and really captured the sound and was almost the 5th member of the band.

Maynard's banter was fairly quiet tonight but his vocals were spot on all night and it was great to hear him belt out Intolerance. Adam and Justin were perfect and I loved the twists they put on Stinkfist and Schism, some of between songs noise sounded new and seemed like a teaser for the new Album. Danny was amazing his Forty Six & 2 & Stinkfist solos were absolutely incredible I would pay $80 to watch him play drums by himself.

The crowd was very good for the most part even though the set list catered to the more seasoned Tool fans but the hotbox that is Rexall brought everyone together. Tool & the crew thank you for continuing to come to Edmonton, that was without a doubt the best concert I've been to.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

This my second opportunity to see Tool live and I was blown away, this concert was truly an experience of a lifetime and one that I won't soon forget. Even though it's a rink I thought the sound was very good, I was in 204 R 35 and it was clear but I could imagine close to the stage would have been very loud. The visuals were incredible and really captured the sound and was almost the 5th member of the band.

Maynard's banter was fairly quiet tonight but his vocals were spot on all night and it was great to hear him belt out Intolerance. Adam and Justin were perfect and I loved the twists they put on Stinkfist and Schism, some of between songs noise sounded new and seemed like a teaser for the new Album. Danny was amazing his Forty Six & 2 & Stinkfist solos were absolutely incredible I would pay $80 to watch him play drums by himself.

The crowd was very good for the most part even though the set list catered to the more seasoned Tool fans but the hotbox that is Rexall brought everyone together. Tool & the crew thank you for continuing to come to Edmonton, that was without a doubt the best concert I've been to.
OFFLINE |  
axlaxl
07-11-2010, 12:50 AM

Edmonton Rocked! My first time seeing Tool live and I was amazed. I have listened to the boys for a long time and to see them live was the best show I have ever had the pleasure of going to. Incredible, incredible band. Just awesome.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Edmonton Rocked! My first time seeing Tool live and I was amazed. I have listened to the boys for a long time and to see them live was the best show I have ever had the pleasure of going to. Incredible, incredible band. Just awesome.
OFFLINE |  
st1nkf1st
07-15-2010, 09:55 PM

Was the best show yet!! Crowd seemed well behaved, a few runners on the floor. Some Doob stench which is always appreciated. Had a sweet ass spot up in front of center ice directlly in front of the sound stage. Edmonton rocks...... i am from Fernie BC and was stoked to meet some cool people! Thanks Edmonton and thanks TOOL!!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Was the best show yet!! Crowd seemed well behaved, a few runners on the floor. Some Doob stench which is always appreciated. Had a sweet ass spot up in front of center ice directlly in front of the sound stage. Edmonton rocks...... i am from Fernie BC and was stoked to meet some cool people! Thanks Edmonton and thanks TOOL!!
OFFLINE |  
Despotic
08-11-2010, 01:17 PM

This was my 3rd TOOL show. It was the best concert I've ever been to. I followed it with both LA shows and this night put them to shame. I don't know if it was being on the floor, if it was catching Danny's first drumstick, if it was somehow tripping out during Lateralus sans pharmaceuticals, but this was second to nothing!
Thank you TOOL for doing what you do!
Does anyone have a line on a Gig Poster for this show? I want one so bad it hurts.
Please PM if you do.
Merci.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

This was my 3rd TOOL show. It was the best concert I've ever been to. I followed it with both LA shows and this night put them to shame. I don't know if it was being on the floor, if it was catching Danny's first drumstick, if it was somehow tripping out during Lateralus sans pharmaceuticals, but this was second to nothing!
Thank you TOOL for doing what you do!
Does anyone have a line on a Gig Poster for this show? I want one so bad it hurts.
Please PM if you do.
Merci.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply